Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Komi-san, wa Komyushou desu?

• Amazing

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

Trying a little experiment: a friend of mine who's a huge Weekly Shonen Sunday follower has found a website that updates every week with official (as in officially from Shogakukan) with the ranks from one of the other shonen magazine. Maybe get a bit more interest for them and study their habits compared to more trigger happy magazines (sees Jump). So without further ado:

http://websunday.net/jigou/ (source)

#01 - Idol
(HQ unavailable)

#02-03 - Idol

#04-05 - Arago

#06 - Idol
(HQ unavailable)

#07 - Kunisaki Izumo no Jijou
(HQ unavailable)

#08 - Magi

#09 - Kekkaishi

#10 - Cross Game

#11 - The World God Only Knows

#12 - Idol
(HQ unavailable)

#13 - Kenichi

#14 - Kaitai Shinsho Ø

#15 - Idol

#16 - T.R.A.P.

#17 - Major

#18 - Saijou no Meii

#19 - Band ~AKB48

#20 - Detective Conan

#21 - Band ~ Arashi

#22-23 - Band ~ AKB48

#24 - Idol
(HQ unavailable)

#25 - Sengoku Yatagarasu

#26 - Kyoukai no Rinne

#27 - Kenichi

#28 - Kami no Mizo Shiru Sekai

#29 - Idol

#30 - Idol ~ Koike Rina

#31 - Kekkaishi

#32 - Ishihara Satomi

#33 - 3000th issue with cast

#34 - Kunisaki Izumo no Jijou

Last edited by a moderator:

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
Reaction score

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]77330[/split]

kobester11

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Last arc or second season. Even with pretty bad scores Rinne anime is by Rumiko and from the start they could just plan second season. And also it's on NHK, so it's pretty realistic.
Brains Base doesn't do second seasons though. Probably a change to pierrot? or sunrise? Or a movie?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

Brains Base doesn't do second seasons though.
Just because they havent, doesnt mean they cant.

justanotherone

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Brains Base doesn't do second seasons though. Probably a change to pierrot? or sunrise? Or a movie?
What? Brains Base did four seasons of Natsume Yuujinchou. Even if you count a second season of Rinne as a third and fourth cour I don't see why it's not possible.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Recently they left pretty successful series (Oregairu, Durarara), though I think it wasn't their decision to not do second seasons for this series. Rinne sequel is pretty possible, dunno if it's meaningful, but it's not to me to decide that.

Last edited:

Heiji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Look like will be a 2nd anime. Today in Newtype, they are a tittle of next episode of lot of séries. And when is the last episode they are 最終話 (eg : série on right on picture). But for Rinne they are only write 第25話 (25th episode). Not will be surprise if 2dn anime start immediatly (like 26th september or 3th october).

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Look like will be a 2nd anime. Today in Newtype, they are a tittle of next episode of lot of séries. And when is the last episode they are 最終話 (eg : série on right on picture). But for Rinne they are only write 第25話 (25th episode). Not will be surprise if 2dn anime start immediatly (like 26th september or 3th october).
Yeah, I don't see them cancelling a Takahashi series unless it physically hurts people to read it. It's more likely than not a second season since NHK stuff pretty much come with those built in ---like a "buy one, get one free" deal.

Also, this isn't verified by any means, but a few WSS blogs I found are reporting that Rion will end in issue #42.

piau9000

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Also, this isn't verified by any means, but a few WSS blogs I found are reporting that Rion will end in issue #42.
Another one to the list...

BTW, what do you guys think if they change the logo and rebrand the magazine?

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Recently they left pretty successful series (Oregairu, Durarara), though I think it wasn't their decision to not do second seasons for this series. Rinne sequel is pretty possible, dunno if it's meaningful, but it's not to me to decide that.
also drrr need ,5 years?to have a season to complete the LN and was the best BB seller(same with oregairu).
The onlh exception was natsume,but it hasn't a rule(also has NHK)

kobester11

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Just because they havent, doesnt mean they cant.
Yeah, you obviously don't know BB yet.

If they're gonna do a second season, well, I'll be damned... (Well, its nhk so we cant fight the government! also, studios said that they can't really decline if nhk is their client.)

Another one to the list...

BTW, what do you guys think if they change the logo and rebrand the magazine?
I say this is the last resort. They keep introducing more series yet nothing seemed to cut. They have Major 2 and nothing's happening.

Last edited:

PharaoDopazo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shonen Sunday #41 (9/9/15)
Cover: Hikaru Takahashi (Model & Actress)
Major 2nd (Lead CP)

Meitantei Conan
Tokiwa Kitareri!!
Dagashikashi
Keijo!!!!!!!! (CP)
Magi
Denpa Kyoushi
Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo
Saike Mata Shite mo
Be Blues!
Tenshi to Akuto!!
Kyoukai no Rinne
And-Pair
Area D
Imawa no Kuni no Alice
Hayate no Gotoku!
Heavens Runner Akira
Zettai Karen Children
Ane Log
Charactimes Golden
Tutti!
Saezuri Koukou OK-bu!
Sensou Gekijou
Rion-san, Meiwaku Desu。
Lettuce 2-ko Bun no Suteki
Oshii Kamishama
Absent: Nanoha Yougashi-ten no Ii Shigoto

Shonen Sunday #42
Lead CP: Kyoukai no Rinne (Important Announcement)
CP: Furumi-san wa Commu-shou Desu。(One Shot by Oda Tomohito; Shin Sedai Sunday Grandprix Entry #1)

piau9000

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Now I'm more interested in the Sunday Grandprix entries.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Weekly Shounen Sunday #43 Cover & Lead Color Page: Dagashi Kashi & Birdmen

---------- Post added September 12, 2015 at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2015 at 10:52 AM ----------

Color Preview for Oda Tomohito - Furumi-san wa Commu-shou Desu

Also, according to THIS, right after the oneshots, new series will start in #45 and #46 by young artists.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Weekly Shounen Sunday #43 Cover & Lead Color Page: Dagashi Kashi & Birdmen

---------- Post added September 12, 2015 at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2015 at 10:52 AM ----------

Color Preview for Oda Tomohito - Furumi-san wa Commu-shou Desu

Also, according to THIS, right after the oneshots, new series will start in #45 and #46 by young artists.
Looking forward to the newbies. If they're as good as Saba no Neko's Onihime, (or Saba no Neko herself), this is going to be good.

Finally got my WSS's in the mail, and I can confirm that Rion is ending in #42.

Drea.Mer's ending wasn't too bad considering it's circumstances. The last two volumes will be out in September and October respectively. I'll probably just go ahead and wait for them to hit kindle before I finish off the series. What's weird was in the TOC for Drea.Mer's final issue, they actually gave it a little blurb unlike every other series that gets cancelled and gets no special treatment. Though, Bako's comment made me kind of sad. "Thanks for being with me from December till now." Not even a year passed for Drea.Mer before it got canned. Really a suck kinda thing.

Rion on the other hand is careening toward a rushed ending. To be expected, I suppose.

Saike is remaining quite good, and Fukuchi's pacing is still great. I kind of hope this series will go a little longer, or we'll get two back to back, because it'd suck if this one is just the fight between Ana and Yaotome. It'd also be nice to get some answers, but since Fukuchi wants this series to run a while, I guess that won't happen too soon. Though it makes sense in a way that he's stretching things out since I think part of Anagle's problem (besides the super long hiatus), was that it revealed pretty much most of it's plot very quickly.

As for Oda's new oneshot...his art really changed, and I quite like it. It's a shame the story has been done to death, but there's nothing stopping him from putting a new spin on things.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Looking forward to the newbies. If they're as good as Saba no Neko's Onihime, (or Saba no Neko herself), this is going to be good.

Finally got my WSS's in the mail, and I can confirm that Rion is ending in #42.

Drea.Mer's ending wasn't too bad considering it's circumstances. The last two volumes will be out in September and October respectively. I'll probably just go ahead and wait for them to hit kindle before I finish off the series. What's weird was in the TOC for Drea.Mer's final issue, they actually gave it a little blurb unlike every other series that gets cancelled and gets no special treatment. Though, Bako's comment made me kind of sad. "Thanks for being with me from December till now." Not even a year passed for Drea.Mer before it got canned. Really a suck kinda thing.

Rion on the other hand is careening toward a rushed ending. To be expected, I suppose.

Saike is remaining quite good, and Fukuchi's pacing is still great. I kind of hope this series will go a little longer, or we'll get two back to back, because it'd suck if this one is just the fight between Ana and Yaotome. It'd also be nice to get some answers, but since Fukuchi wants this series to run a while, I guess that won't happen too soon. Though it makes sense in a way that he's stretching things out since I think part of Anagle's problem (besides the super long hiatus), was that it revealed pretty much most of it's plot very quickly.

As for Oda's new oneshot...his art really changed, and I quite like it. It's a shame the story has been done to death, but there's nothing stopping him from putting a new spin on things.
Saba no Neko and Ijuzo Kei (伊十蔵景 dunno if that's how you read it) are two diamonds that are worth getting a chance. Maybe they're too young, but Sunday is probably the most patient and give most rest from the weekly magazines. Also it would be a thing to give two serialisation to guys that are 17 and 19 years old. Could work as a nice bait for newcomers.

Drea-Mer ending was actually pretty nice, was rushed but it looks like he managed to conclude the story. Rion will be a lot more rushed. From other stuff that could end, Akira would be the one that could end more swiftly, it's on the competition so ending it now could work. Keijoo is looking pretty normal and other things that should end are just random.

I'm really, really looking forward to reading it, especially after looking at the preview, his art really gotten better. I hope the concept is catchy enough, this types of manga need this, great art and good heroine.

Also Am I the only who can't wait and see what's the reason behind the cover for both Birdmen and Dagashi? There need to be announcement coming for them and I don't know if there's anything except anime that's coming to mind when I think about announcement, maybe Sunday Anime CM, but that would be a big disappointment.

Last edited:

PharaoDopazo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sunday #42

Cover: Mai Shiraishi (Member of Nogizaka46)

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
It has been announced that Dagashi Kashi is going to have big news next issue.

I wish Be Blues would get an anime......

Status
Not open for further replies.