Shounen - Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Genre: School-life, Sci-fi, Shounen
Author and Artist: Atsushi Okubo
Serialization: Weekly Shounen Magazine
Synopsis: We only have the chapter 000, we still don't know the plot. Probably, Shinra Karasuma is a young boy that wants to become a HERO. For this reason, he joined to the special fire brigade.

I'll translate this manga in Italian. My translations can be used by international teams, exepct italian teams. Here's the translation of the chapter 000: Here

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really liked chapter 0 and chapter 1. Sure it looks like the classic shounen Manga but so what. Flames are cool and even though the plot might turn into somthing rather predictable, the main cast is likeable so far and the fights look hot (:kappa).

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I've finished to translate chapter 1 a few minutes ago. I think this manga will be good, but the mangaka should develope the story in a deep way and not let that banality soppress good ideas. Flame is a great base of start but "flame people", "combusting", "fire shots" mmm... they can be boring.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 2 has just been released. I'm really liking it so far. The cast is interesting and it reminds me of the better days of Soul Eater before it went a bit off the rails. The concept of fire could work as you could give fire different qualities and not be limited to it just being capable of burning stuff.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Chapter 2 has just been released. I'm really liking it so far. The cast is interesting and it reminds me of the better days of Soul Eater before it went a bit off the rails. The concept of fire could work as you could give fire different qualities and not be limited to it just being capable of burning stuff.
Well, we can at least expect a use of pure heat, explosions and possibly (if the author decides to follow a similar logic thing, applied with fire bending in "Avatar the last Airbender"), add lightning as well, to the mix:hee.

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Italian translation of chapter 2 done. I guess this manga will really start when it'll reach 10/15 chapters. I hope author give more differences between types of fire.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Read the one-shot so far and it gave me a better impression than Black Clover. So, I will definitely give it a try. The MC already gave me a fit of laughter with his grin quirk. Let's hope the author can develop the series well. I look forward to the "real" villains and if the author will also focus on solving the mystery regarding the phenomenom.

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Chapter 3 is out. This manga is still in its infancy, but my hopes are that it will take off early!

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
I like the manga so far. It hasn't reached a stage yet where any sort of pattern could be seen. The mangaka has however shown that he means to use all possibilities there are in a Shounen. There's a potential for fanservice as well as for tech-geeking. There's a certain amount of silliness and yet there's also accurate description/depiction of reality even in the silliness sometimes. And lastly there's rivalry and friendship. In short, it's a well executed Shounen so far and the basic premise promises us a good story for the time being.

Can't wait to find out more about the first real villain. The design looked awesome. Does anyone think the girl might join the brigade? Or is it more of a random case?

PS: I didn't know there was a chapter 0, so my reading order is a tad bit messed up right at the start. While I don't think it is really essential to understand the story, I'd recommend everyone who hasn't done so yet to find and read said chapter. Thanks go to Sky for pointing there.

Reactions: Sky

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I like the manga so far. It hasn't reached a stage yet where any sort of pattern could be seen. The mangaka has however shown that he means to use all possibilities there are in a Shounen. There's a potential for fanservice as well as for tech-geeking. There's a certain amount of silliness and yet there's also accurate description/depiction of reality even in the silliness sometimes. And lastly there's rivalry and friendship. In short, it's a well executed Shounen so far and the basic premise promises us a good story for the time being.

Can't wait to find out more about the first real villain. The design looked awesome. Does anyone think the girl might join the brigade? Or is it more of a random case?

PS: I didn't know there was a chapter 0, so my reading order is a tad bit messed up right at the start. While I don't think it is really essential to understand the story, I'd recommend everyone who hasn't done so yet to find and read said chapter. Thanks go to Sky for pointing there.
Who's the girl you have mentioned? The brigade has also two girls. If you mean Maki, she's already in.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Who's the girl you have mentioned? The brigade has also two girls. If you mean Maki, she's already in.
The girl from the last chapter, daughter to the flame-head peacefully sitting on the table, whose family had another case (the mother) before. That made me think there might be something special about her, that could make her interesting for the enemy side, but also potentially a member of the brigade. Her introduction was so dark, I loved that.

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The girl from the last chapter, daughter to the flame-head peacefully sitting on the table, whose family had another case (the mother) before. That made me think there might be something special about her, that could make her interesting for the enemy side, but also potentially a member of the brigade. Her introduction was so dark, I loved that.
Oh, understood. Yeah, I agree with you but not at all. Her introduction was dark, I mean, also creepy and really sad, but I don't think she can be a new member of the brigade. If you pay attention, Oubi said that they need mechanics... so I think the next member will be a mechanic... obviously, we can't know when he'll be shown.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I do like the case of the week style so far because thanks to that every character might get a short introduction story.
So far we have the bursting into flame thing itself, the first brigade which is supposed to be awesome and the the mystery guy/girl who killed the MCs family.

I do agree that this first evil looking guy does look quite awesome and hope he delivers.

After a while we might get to the tournament... I am a bit surprised because usually those happenw ay later, no? :D

Last but not least... While Excalibur is f-ing awesome, I hope it doesn't start talking... x'D

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Chapter 4 is out. It was very touching

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Was it? How did they even notice that something was off? :o

Not as good as the previous chapters to be honest.

Soul Soul Brigade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
They didn't notice anything was off though. They didn't even notice the powder on the ground. The roof was already collapsing on them before they reacted.

This chapter was very touching.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
But why was the commander that angry then? Maybe I simply misunderstood but it looked like he knew something was not "normal".

Soul Soul Brigade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He was pissed because some third party destroyed the house and didn't leave the girl her home. Now the girl has no immediate family and no home. That's why he was pissed.

Ecchi Boy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I am in love I want to see more of her in this series

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's out.

Some incredible fanservice scenes in this chapter. The pace is quite fast.