Shounen - Tales of Demons and Gods | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tales of Demons and Gods

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Summary : In his past life, Nie Li was the strongest Demon Spiritist and stood at the pinnacle of the martial world. However, he lost his life during the battle with the Sage Emperor and the Six Deity Ranked Beast.

His soul was then brought back to when he was still 13 years old. Although he's the weakest in his class with the lowest talent at only Red soul realm, with the aid of the vast knowledge which he accumulated from his previous life, he trained faster then anyone.

He aims to protect the city which in the coming future will be assaulted by beasts and end up destroyed, as well as protect his lover, friends and family who died in the beast assault. And to destroy the Sacred family whom abandon their duty and betrayed the city in his past life.

Genre: Action Adventure Fantasy Martial Arts Romance Shounen

My rating so far: 8/10

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Such a good Novel. I recommend it.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just started reading the manhua of this. It is stunningly like Naruto. Even the artwork is actually kind of similar.

I'm liking it quite a lot too. Only up to chapter 11, already am a big fan of the love interest situation.

Though I'm a little dissapointed the crazy hot teacher is bad guy. It's such waste...

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
totally different from naruto beside the hair color lol

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Really? You don't see any similarity in the artwork?

The kid looks to me exactly what Naruto would look like if you subtract the stupid jumpsuit, the whiskers, and bad haircut. And in the first few chapter he stands up and declares that he's going to be the strongest while everybody laughs at him. And his main rival in the early part of the series is an arrogant kid that looks like...

I think the influences from Naruto on this manhwa are pretty obvious in the early parts.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
he's not even a rival but i guess in the beginning he could be called like that for 20 chapters or so

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I certainly think so. The main love interest also looks a good bit like Hinata in my opinion.

The story will eventually end up being very different from Naruto, I'm up to date on the novel so I know where it's heading, but the artwork and early setup to me seems like it's taken heavy inspiration from it.

Thought I actually like the differences. Since Sasuke apologism and Naruto's idiocy are things that slowly chipped away at that series for me. It's almost as if Naruto found himself in back in genin school with all his memories from being hokage. The Sasuke character is douche and he stays in that role without making any excuses about it.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
didn't know you were reading the novel.
good description of naruto and sasuke lol what i like is that the plot move on instead of classic shounen where you have one nasty rival that'll stick along during the whole story. dunnot why many authors can't just let go that formula.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
S Y N O P S I S

Killed by a Sage Emperor and reborn as his 13 year old self, Nie Li was given a second chance at life. A second chance to change everything, save his loved ones and his beloved city. He shall once again battle with the Sage Emperor to avenge his death. With the vast knowledge he accumulated in his previous life, he shall have a new starting point. Although he started as the weakest, without a doubt, he will climb the steps towards the strongest.

Cultivating the strongest cultivation technique, wielding the strongest demon spirits, he shall reach the pinnacle of Martial Arts. Enmities of the past will be settled in this new lifetime.

“Since I’m back, then in this lifetime, I shall become the King of Gods that dominates everything. Let everything else tremble beneath my feet!”

Link: http://www.wuxiaworld.com/tdg-index/

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This is one of the worst novel I have ever read. The most annoying part in this novel is the romance. The main love interest is one dimensional idiot. She has no personality at all and it makes you wonder why author wants us to give a damn about the stupid pedophile love of MC. He must have been hell of a loser in his previous life to fall for such annoying girl. I know first love is important and whatnot but seriously falling for such a girl ~_~ My brain cells death rate increases whenever I think about the romance in this series.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah the Romance do get out of hand tbh. They are not even that old but the way they behave is like adults do.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like it alright. I'm a little behind the current chapters but this is one of those strange series that seems a lot better once you've read the Webtoon version. It's a little dry without that.

KungPaoChicken

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I actually like it. The Manhua (I get confused with manhwa vs manhua). The actual novel, i'm a bit ehh on. But the actual manhua it's really interesting! These genres where the protagonist goes back in time are great. Especially when he's got two good looking girls going after him! Haha

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree. The manhua has bit more flavor to it.:^_^

NaruJunky

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I love this story so much, I wish the author would put more effort into it. One chapter a month is a terrible pace. Does anyone here knows Chinese? I need some help with persuading the author to pick up the pace...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha, I don't think that will work.:amuse

He's got a bunch of webnovels so if you like this a lot I would suggest checking those out.

zowal

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Please author... don't drop this please.

later

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
This manhua deserves more attention. It is so interesting and the people working on it are so hardworking. Thanks.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
This manhua deserves more attention. It is so interesting and the people working on it are so hardworking. Thanks.
I just caught up reading the manhua and the written chapters. I think we are at the point now where the author is just kind of blazing through stuff and dropping plot elements as fast as he introduces new ones. It's feeling just a bit rushed now which is too bad.