Discussion - The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Why do you like your OTP?

• Total voters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I felt like Fairy Tail zero should have been a love story between the two then, rather than whatever that stuff about Law and the Tenrou Jade was. I would have found it perfectly acceptable if Ankhseram cursed Mavis for loving Zeref, rather than her getting cursed because she didn't use law properly. Though honestly, I don't dislike the pairing.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@Brandish look at this. Is this photoshopped or just real Mashima's draw? :D

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Ah but Mangastream and Reddit version didn't say so. This is questionable. Most likely it is edited by someone

kaizen07

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
@Brandish look at this. Is this photoshopped or just real Mashima's draw? :D
It's false, the MS version and the Chinese scan from Ishuhui don't have that. Not surprised since Mangapanda is famous for having favored some pairings and disfavored others, specially when it comes to translations. My eyes bleed every time I see how they translated Sasuke's words about Sakura in Naruto 693...

- I am not so sure on this but don't you need to like kidnap people for Stockholm Syndrome?
- Everything that happened to Jellal and Erza that we know is not enough to call JeRza unhealthy.
Yep, Stockholm Syndrome happens when a kidnaped person falls in love with their abductor and I think I didn't miss anything in this manga because Gajeel didn't do that. That's why I think those people use words whose meaning they ignore. The same goes for the unhealthy thing. No pairing in this manga really fits into what an unhealthy dynamic is.

I guarantee you most of those people prefer another (most likely crack/fanon) ship, so they desperately try to shit on the pairings that will be canon. That's fine, not everyone likes the same things but don't deny canon facts.
I wouldn't say most likely because they are. Not going to give any name but I know a certain one who only tries to pick fights about 'the big 4' while implying all their fans are teen girls (horny, according to them) and homophobic for not shipping Sting and Rogue. I second that last line of yours and that's how it should be, but sadly it happens in almost every single fandom to a greater or lesser extent. Luckily they are a little crew but I still find it curious because I always thought this manga was very clear in that aspect.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Damn... Would have been pretty cool if it was for real.
I know right? Unfortunately it is already confirmed that that writing on the wall is just made by fan as @kaizen07 said.

I want to share this tumblr account to all Miraxus shippers. This account can be said as a collection of some crazy theories. There are a lot of pages containing brilliant theories :xp Happy reading :^_^

Axel Stone

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Well we're not meant to be wowed by the romance or potential romance of characters in this series are we? It's a small part of the manga. I like NaLu because I like Natsu and Lucy.

Worst canon couple in this manga is ZerVis by a country mile.
Weird you mention ZerVis as the worst canon couple as they probably have a lot more development based on past subtle moments and current vibes compared to boring old NaLu.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Weird you mention ZerVis as the worst canon couple as they probably have a lot more development based on past subtle moments and current vibes compared to boring old NaLu.
I don't like Zeref or Mavis as characters, hence I don't like their pairing. If anything their romance is tragic. None of it appeals to me at all. At least Lucy and Natsu are among my favourite characters in the series, though they don't actually have a romance to speak of.

Libarian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It may be possible, it seems that he hinted the pairings through chapter covers, e.g. Gajeel and Levy, Elfman and Evergreen, Natsu and Lucy, Mirajane and Laxus, Gray and Juvia. Mest and Wendy cover has ever been published in Tenroujima arc
well then there is hope for my lastest addition to the big five. After all with the alternitives, skylovers all the way

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/467

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn't say most likely because they are. Not going to give any name but I know a certain one who only tries to pick fights about 'the big 4' while implying all their fans are teen girls (horny, according to them) and homophobic for not shipping Sting and Rogue. I second that last line of yours and that's how it should be, but sadly it happens in almost every single fandom to a greater or lesser extent. Luckily they are a little crew but I still find it curious because I always thought this manga was very clear in that aspect.
'Twas trying to give them some credit or at least the benefit of the doubt. :P But yes, you are right.

Back to the real discussion, IMO the ships with obvious mutual feelings are Jellal and Erza, Gray and Juvia, and Elfman and Evergreen. Natsu will end up with Lucy, Gajeel will end up with Levy but they need more time to develop. Natsu and Lucy aren't explicitly romantic and we barely ever see Gajeel's side of the equation. Hiro Mashima finally showed a little progress in the last chapter.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Has anyone been seeing the very subtle Gruvia... or is it only in a shippers eyes do I see this...

Gray's reaction to the sleeping bag is that he won't do it because it's too hot... but if it weren't so warm looking he woulda had no probs snuggling with Juvia.

Also in ch472 Gray states the weather will transition into freezing rain later... freezing rain = Gray + Juvia.

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone been seeing the very subtle Gruvia... or is it only in a shippers eyes do I see this...

Gray's reaction to the sleeping bag is that he won't do it because it's too hot... but if it weren't so warm looking he woulda had no probs snuggling with Juvia.

Also in ch472 Gray states the weather will transition into freezing rain later... freezing rain = Gray + Juvia.
No the shiper's eyes have not deceived you, well maybe the freezing rain thing but the sleeping bag :cheez

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
No the shiper's eyes have not deceived you, well maybe the freezing rain thing but the sleeping bag :cheez
The crunchyroll translations ruined the freezing rain part... "plus some isolated glaciers" :( ah well.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
hmm well the shipping is pretty damn defined in this series already, honestly that isnt my favorite part of FT

so just for reference
gray x juvia
natsu x lucy
happy x charla
gajeel x levy
mira x laxus
elf x ever
wendy x mest/doranbolt :facepalm
and
jellal x erza
makarov x poliyusica
mavis x zeref
yuri x rita

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
hmm well the shipping is pretty damn defined in this series already, honestly that isnt my favorite part of FT

so just for reference
gray x juvia
natsu x lucy
happy x charla
gajeel x levy
mira x laxus
elf x ever
wendy x mest/doranbolt :facepalm
and
jellal x erza
makarov x poliyusica
mavis x zeref
yuri x rita
You are right for the most part the only two I would dispute would be makarov x poliyusica, maybe I missed something but they seem more like old friends, and wendy x mest/doranbolt there is a definite one way attraction( actually wendy seems to have a few one way admirers she just seems oblivious to all of them) but she never really pays extra attention to anyone except sheeria who she seems close to but doesn't think of that way. But yes the other ships are very ship shape at this point

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I think the 5 (Nalu, Gale, Gruvia, Jerza, and Elfgreen) are clear and obvious. There is no doubt. Miraxus needs more panels to develop further. So far it's always Mira who seems to have a big crush on Laxus whereas Laxus seems good at hiding his feelings. As for Lisanna, I feel sorry for her. I hope she will move on soon. I just found a fanfiction about Miraxus and there is a little Lisanna's story:

"Lisanna Strauss sat just outside her older brother's tent, her knees tucked into her chest as her head rested upon them. She listened carefully to the song her sister was singing, a song that she had only ever sung for the young animal soul mage and her brother, and one time Natsu because he was crying and happened to be sleeping over that night.

The youngest Strauss's eyes were wide despite her exhaustion, taking in the situation fully. This song was special, a secret lullaby that Mirajane kept reserved only for her own siblings. The fact that she was singing it to someone else- No, to a very particular someone else- Was all the proof Lisanna needed to confirm the thing she already knew deep in her heart.

Too tired to fight back her tears, Lisanna just buried her face into her knees, hugging her legs tighter to her chest. She was so happy that they had a chance here, a chance that was missed and forever lost in Edolas. However, this also meant that
he was never meant to be hers.

She knew it. She knew it the moment she heard
her Natsu utter that name. She knew as soon as she saw the sweet and tender Earthland Lucy, and she had tried to come to terms with that and give her closure on Tenroujima.

She knew, yet the reality of it all still hurt. This final piece to the puzzle she had always known was there.

The truth that Natsu Dragneel's other half was the cheerful and beautiful spirit mage, and not Lisanna Strauss.
"

Ugh, the feels are overflowing

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea they could at least make lisanna a legit love rival for natsu

I dont see the point in them building up natsuxlisanna as kids to have them barely speak as young adults
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You are right for the most part the only two I would dispute would be makarov x poliyusica, maybe I missed something but they seem more like old friends, and wendy x mest/doranbolt there is a definite one way attraction( actually wendy seems to have a few one way admirers she just seems oblivious to all of them) but she never really pays extra attention to anyone except sheeria who she seems close to but doesn't think of that way. But yes the other ships are very ship shape at this point
yea those two were kind of a joke, especially the wendy/mest

i think she is only like 12 or 13 so i dont think anyone needs to be shipped with her just yet

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States

I read on tumblr that Gray's boxers in 471 have "G x J" written on them. Hiro isn't even trying to be subtle with this pairing anymore. He's downright giving it away.

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea they could at least make lisanna a legit love rival for natsu

I dont see the point in them building up natsuxlisanna as kids to have them barely speak as young adults
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

yea those two were kind of a joke, especially the wendy/mest

Honestly, I just feel awful for Lisanna her entire existence is a joke at this point and seems to know she can't win with natsu and they won't even let her move on, her magic is always going to be second to her sibs, I mean come on give her something.

i think she is only like 12 or 13 so i dont think anyone needs to be shipped with her just yet
True, and very much agreed the only that bugs me with Wendy is how completely oblivious and/or unconcerned with such attention she is, I mean Shreeia was blunt in the mangapanda trans and still quite strong in the Mangastream trans and Mest is...kind of creapy