Discussion - Offical Stellar Spirit Thread | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Offical Stellar Spirit Thread

Favorite Celestial Spirit?

• Total voters

TheBoss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: Favorite Celestial Spirit?

No way xD Virgo is so badass, Vote for her right now!
I hope lucy's spirits get some kind of upgrade because they look so useless right now, Im looking to u Cancer.
or maybe when she gets all zodiac keys something will happen to get her stronger...

Kauia

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

When I think of Virgo, I imagine her having a second form wherein if her cuffs are gone, she goes nutty with an erza like appearance, long hair beautiful and wild strength with a much more badass personality.

I do kinda wish Aries would be used more since she's my zodiac. I imagine aries using her fluffy like magic to make people sleepy or use it to manipulate people or maybe even illusions.

vansonbee

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Virgo - cute and a big M. Her punishment jokes, never get olds.
Sagittarius - he made an impact on me, when Lucy was battling her clone during Oración Seis Arc. He really went out of character to hold back against attacking Lucy and later getting shot. :(
Aquarius - she just plain hot, but her attitude is a turn off to liking her as my top favorite.

mitokomon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Aquarius! whenever she comes the chapter always takes a nice twist in a good way. Absolutely one of my favorites. :D

I would very much like to see Ophiuchus being more effective as well, even though it got beaten in an instant still looks kind of promising.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Tempted to choose my star sign on the basis that it was my star sign, but chose Crux.
Second is the talking clock. Can't remember its name though.
A talking clock is amazing lol.

Deleted member 176801

I personally find Taurus the most disappointing. I love pokemon so when I first read where she unleashed Taurus..I hoped it would look like it, not a cross between a milk cow and a bull.. I like the growing relationship with Aquarious, however, that is a nice indicator of Lucy's power increase.

Kauia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A silver key I want to see Lucy have would be dragon or canis major. Canis minor is Plue right? I wonder what major would be like. Would there be possibilities of unknown spirits to be found like with the 13th zodiac?

Do you think there's a possibility for Lucy to learn other spells other than uranometria? I watched and reread Jellal's fight against Jura when I realized that when it comes to spells those two hold the same type of magic. Jellal used a spell that involves stars.

Remember: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c274/14.html

shadowfox

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have thought about the contracts between them and what possible benefits the spirits gain from working with humans and i sadly can't really think of any.

From the start, simply coming to earthland is painful to them. The longer they stay the more it hurts and slowly kills them.
They take on a servant role to their human masters.
The time difference of a day to 3 months between the worlds means they hardly get a break.
One day is around 15 minutes. So even if Lucy were to not call a spirit for a week. They are getting less than 2 hours of peace before being called out again.
No wonder Aquarius got so mad when summoned. She never had alone time.
The rules and conditions seem so odd too. On one hand it seems like spirits can come and go as they please. Even when not under contract. The spirit king for example summoned himself no problem. Yet so much was lost just for Lucy to summon him once.

Yet the rules seem scewed. Like other spirits fearing there keys falling into the hands of Karen because of her abusive actions. Yet that suggests they can't decide the rules to the contract or even decide to not form one. We saw Loke casually null his contract with Lucy to go play on Tenrou island without even asking her.

Humans seem to suffer no consequences to abusing and misusing spirits yet spirits can be punished with banishment and death if the summoner is killed. Even inadvetantly.

Spirits go from a beautiful immortal world and life doing whatever they want to a world of pain and suffering to act under the whim of any human that finds their key and is bound by a contract like a slave that has them responsible for their human's own stupidity.

I just don't see the up side.

sarutobi_sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have thought about the contracts between them and what possible benefits the spirits gain from working with humans and i sadly can't really think of any.

From the start, simply coming to earthland is painful to them. The longer they stay the more it hurts and slowly kills them. That only happens if they come to Earthland with their own magical power. If they are summoned, it's not hurting them.
They take on a servant role to their human masters. Not quite, they benefit as well. They're (apparently) not a sort of magic that was created by humans, but rather discovered (this is my theory). We know that Spirits and Demons from the book of Zeref have a history together, so it might be that they were either created at the same time, or appeared after the demons from the book of Zeref manifested into the human world.
The time difference of a day to 3 months between the worlds means they hardly get a break. From what I understood, that's hardly a problem, and it could be that they recover much faster in the spirit world than in the human world.
One day is around 15 minutes. So even if Lucy were to not call a spirit for a week. They are getting less than 2 hours of peace before being called out again.
No wonder Aquarius got so mad when summoned. She never had alone time.
The rules and conditions seem so odd too. On one hand it seems like spirits can come and go as they please. Even when not under contract. The spirit king for example summoned himself no problem. Yet so much was lost just for Lucy to summon him once. He appeared the first time because it was one of his spirits calling, and because one of his spirits had "commited" sin and was in need of punishment. He can't probably go and come at his own will, since he's probably one of the strongest entities of all existence.

Yet the rules seem scewed. Like other spirits fearing there keys falling into the hands of Karen because of her abusive actions. Yet that suggests they can't decide the rules to the contract or even decide to not form one. We saw Loke casually null his contract with Lucy to go play on Tenrou island without even asking her. To be honest I never understood the rules of contracts and why you need them in the first place, but then again, it might be as not to abuse the spirits and for them not to abuse their stay in the human world.

Humans seem to suffer no consequences to abusing and misusing spirits yet spirits can be punished with banishment and death if the summoner is killed. Even inadvetantly. With this I agree.

Spirits go from a beautiful immortal world and life doing whatever they want to a world of pain and suffering to act under the whim of any human that finds their key and is bound by a contract like a slave that has them responsible for their human's own stupidity.

I just don't see the up side.
The last part it's not really like that. They can't die, in the human world, as they are beings made of magic power, they can probably recover faster if their summoner has high ammounts of magic power. So that might be the upside, they get stronger if they have a strong human.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I don't know if someone already posted this but did anyone notice that all celestial spirits always say their favorite phrase repeatedly?
For example:
  • Virgo: "Oshioki desu ka?" (Is it time for punishment?)
  • Cancer: "Ebi"
  • Taurus: "Lucy-san no naisu bodii wa saikyou" (Miss Lucy's nice body is always the best)
  • Aquarius: "Haaaah?? (with a damn sick face :XD)"
  • Sagittarius: "Moshimoshi"
  • Aries: "Sumimasen" (My apologize)
  • Gemini: "Piri piri"
  • Scorpio: "We are"
  • Capricorn: "Me wa.."
And some spirits of silver keys as well. Anything else?

juviichan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I don't know if someone already posted this but did anyone notice that all celestial spirits always say their favorite phrase repeatedly?
For example:
  • Virgo: "Oshioki desu ka?" (Is it time for punishment?)
  • Cancer: "Ebi"
  • Taurus: "Lucy-san no naisu bodii wa saikyou" (Miss Lucy's nice body is always the best)
  • Aquarius: "Haaaah?? (with a damn sick face :XD)"
  • Sagittarius: "Moshimoshi"
  • Aries: "Sumimasen" (My apologize)
  • Gemini: "Piri piri"
  • Scorpio: "We are"
  • Capricorn: "Me wa.."
And some spirits of silver keys as well. Anything else?
dont forget the spirit king with his old friend
-----
and thats why i like Aquarious the most, shes so cool and funny XD i want Lucy to find again her key, with help from Brandish, of course. but when i think of this, maybe we should see how it will be when Aquarious will be belong to someone who doesnt have any connect with Layla.
----
about the stellar spirits... i hate that only the stellar spirit mage is able to release his own stellar spirits from contracts, and if the mage is abusing his own stellar spirits, those stellar spirits cant do even a thing about this. for exmple : when Karen was abusing Aries, Aries couldnt do a thing so Loke has done something illegal just for Aries`s sake. its really sad that stellar spirits cant releast by theirself from contracts.

john ellis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Virgo has always refered to lucy as princess, if anna is or was the queen that would make lucy the princess by rite of ascension.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Virgo has always refered to lucy as princess, if anna is or was the queen that would make lucy the princess by rite of ascension.
If I remember correctly, didn't Virgo and Lucy discuss about it in Eisenwald arc? They argued over what proper name Virgo will use to call her master Lucy for further, in a railway station surrounded by whirlwind.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if Yukino can use Star Dress as well. I think it would be pretty cool if she could use Libra or Pisces as a Star Dress, because I really like this spirits.

Also, I wonder what happened to Yukino's 13th Zodiac Key. We only saw it once. Even though it was one shotted by Kagura, I hope we'll learn more about it.

reesestl

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Can't believe her most faithful spirit Horologium has only two votes!