Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Pretty sure the old lady outright says Jura is the strongest wizard bar the GOI period http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/320/16. Jura was hyped to be the strongest bar them and he wasn't.
I seriously don't know what your point is anymore.

YES, Jura was the strongest human back in x791 bar maybe Hades, because I think it was said that he was the strongest mage at one point too, but that was in x784. Soo, take that with a grain of salt.

My point is that the GoI > Jura. Laxus struggled to beat Jura, that doesn't mean Laxus is now stronger or even equal to the GoI. :cookiestare

Serena is Spriggan tier, the only Spirggan Makarov himself says is on an ANOTHER LEVEL is August. All the Spirggan aren't equal, but none of them bar August is on a different level compared to each other, no WAY Serena is casually trashing Ajeel.
Thing is, Ajeel has feats. And his feats aren't that great, so yes, Serena is trashing Ajeel.

Verter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Serena is Spriggan tier, the only Spirggan Makarov himself says is on an ANOTHER LEVEL is August. All the Spirggan aren't equal, but none of them bar August is on a different level compared to each other, no WAY Serena is casually trashing Ajeel.
Maybe we stop with this "fairy tail" ? Coz that provicator (or facepalminator) Macarov said also "i didn't even met 6 others". So he didn't know anything about Bradman, Wahl, Neinhart (exclude their names), Jacob + 2 unknown spriggans.

Also, best of best magic power analyzer Makarov said also "Anyone from you are able to defeat him [Ajeel] !!!". As result Ajeel was defeated by Erza with Jupiter canon (Phantom lord arc weapon) support xD

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I seriously don't know what your point is anymore.

YES, Jura was the strongest human back in x791 bar maybe Hades, because I think it was said that he was the strongest mage at one point too, but that was in x784. Soo, take that with a grain of salt.

My point is that the GoI > Jura. Laxus struggled to beat Jura, that doesn't mean Laxus is now stronger or even equal to the GoI. :cookiestare

Thing is, Ajeel has feats. And his feats aren't that great, so yes, Serena is trashing Ajeel.
I THINK YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT. Jura was called the strongest when that sure as hell was not true, everyone ignorantly assumed he'd beat Laxus completely ignoring his growth, similar to what you are doing currently.

Yes compare Laxus before the skip to GOI..............

Ajeel feats were impressive, he was taking on the whole FT gang and was playing around with Erza, not to mention base purley off feats characters characters who are weaker than him appear stronger. Makarov assessed the Spirggan 12 and came to the conclusion that all of them that he saw bar Augast were on the same level as each other. The manga portrays that way and Makarov outright says it. If you think Serena is casually stomping Ajeel I doubt your reading comprehension .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Maybe we stop with this "fairy tail" ? Coz that provicator (or facepalminator) Macarov said also "i didn't even met 6 others". So he didn't know anything about Bradman, Wahl, Neinhart (exclude their names), Jacob + 2 unknown spriggans.

Also, best of best magic power analyzer Makarov said also "Anyone from you are able to defeat him [Ajeel] !!!". As result Ajeel was defeated by Erza with Jupiter canon (Phantom lord arc weapon) support xD
Irrelevant. Makarov knew about both Serena and Ajeel, while the statment about Erza is irrelevant because Ajeel was literally toying with Erza the whole time and would of slaughtered her one on one if serious.

Verter

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Irrelevant. Makarov knew about both Serena and Ajeel, while the statment about Erza is irrelevant because Ajeel was literally toying with Erza the whole time and would of slaughtered her one on one if serious.
1. What about August as "strongest" ? (Yeah, Makarov didn't know 50 % spriggans, but August Is the number one. cool story).
2. toying ? he got his (censored) kicked pretty hard. And if u want we can "discuss" about how cool he was with Erza when her re-equip was locked. It wasn't his magic,

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I THINK YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT. Jura was called the strongest when that sure as hell was not true, everyone ignorantly assumed he'd beat Laxus completely ignoring his growth, similar to what you are doing currently.

Yes compare Laxus before the skip to GOI..............
This guy...

Do you have any basis as to why you think Jura wasn't the strongest? You're just saying so just because.

YES. The GoI were stated to be the strongest mages on the continent in x791, hence they scaled to the strongest character from that time. Jellal/Gildarts/Mard/CSK, who are all city level characters.

The GoI get scaled to those characters. That means Serena casually stomped 3 Jellal tiers + Jura.

Can you read this nice and slowly because I've repeated this multiples times now.

Ajeel feats were impressive, he was taking on the whole FT gang and was playing around with Erza, not to mention base purley off feats characters characters who are weaker than him appear stronger. Makarov assessed the Spirggan 12 and came to the conclusion that all of them that he saw bar Augast were on the same level as each other. The manga portrays that way and Makarov outright says it. If you think Serena is casually stomping Ajeel I doubt your reading comprehension.
When did he take on the whole FT crew? Last time I checked, none of them went all out and Makarov was holding onto them in his arms. It was nothing but a short scruffle, so that doesn't mean shit. It doesn't matter what Makarov said because clearly the fucker was wrong about the Spriggans being on the same level, since feats tell us otherwise. Ajeel is about Mard level.

How gullible can you be? If I told you to jump off a bridge because there's chocolate down there, would you do it?

Learn how to concede. :epicfacepalm

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
1. What about August as "strongest" ? (Yeah, Makarov didn't know 50 % spriggans, but August Is the number one. cool story).
2. toying ? he got his (censored) kicked pretty hard. And if u want we can "discuss" about how cool he was with Erza when her re-equip was locked. It wasn't his magic,
August was the strongest out of the one he had seen how hard is that to understand.........Yes he was toying with Erza and called her a nice warm up, both of Erza's clean hit came from a distraction.
This guy...

Do you have any basis as to why you think Jura wasn't the strongest? You're just saying so just because.

YES. The GoI were stated to be the strongest mages on the continent in x791, hence they scaled to the strongest character from that time. Jellal/Gildarts/Mard/CSK, who are all city level characters.

The GoI get scaled to those characters. That means Serena casually stomped 3 Jellal tiers + Jura.

Can you read this nice and slowly because I've repeated this multiples times now.

When did he take on the whole FT crew? Last time I checked, none of them went all out and Makarov was holding onto them in his arms. It was nothing but a short scruffle, so that doesn't mean shit. It doesn't matter what Makarov said because clearly the fucker was wrong about the Spriggans being on the same level, since feats tell us otherwise. Ajeel is about Mard level.

How gullible can you be? If I told you to jump off a bridge because there's chocolate down there, would you do it?

Learn how to concede. :epicfacepalm
Jura wasn't the strongest BECAUSE HE LOST TO LAXUS. He was called the strongest literally as THEIR FIGHT WAS STARTING, which wasn't the case. While he was also weaker than Jellal.

One, Mard wouldn't count as an Demon but that doesn't matter, two you're impying city level is impressive? Laxus' casual nuke was city level.

He took on the FT crew during the escape, yes none of them went all out bu it was still multiple of them at once while the exception of Natsu using Igneel's power none of the currently have even showcased the means to stop his giant Sand Tsunami (though I believe they could). Makarov isn't wrong at all, like I said Ajeel's feats in terms of DC put him much lower than people he's actually stronger than, you've said nothing to disprove it at all other than he's not. While to top of Makarov's statement Brandish who has the best feats of any Spirggan currently and the most haxed power also said Ajeel was on her level.

You lack reading comprehension and ignore portrayal and chose outdated hype over the former.

Verter

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
August was the strongest out of the one he had seen how hard is that to understand.........Yes he was toying with Erza and called her a nice warm up, both of Erza's clean hit came from a distraction.
1. Really? It seems u on right way. Example:
Di Maria: "Hi Makarov, let me show u all what I can do !!!!",
Invel: "HI Makarov, let me ..." etc

It's just Makarov perception on all he knows. It's not "as is".
In other hand, for someone with another perception, maybe Invel is strongest. Who knows?
How it is in reality ? Well, we will see.

2. Right-right, nice fanfiction,
In manga we have seen this:
- Re-equip didn't work
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c456/13.html
- Re-equip worked
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c457/21.html

Actually, if we will "full base" on chapters, Ajeel did less for Erza then Kyoka or even Marin.

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Actually, if we will "full base" on chapters, Ajeel did less for Erza then Kyoka or even Marin.
If we "full base" on chapters it means that Cana is the strongest FT mage, because she actually OHKO'd Brandish :D (she needs only little help from dust). I think we should look at something more than who beat who. There is something more that make that sometimes weaker mage can defeat stronger mage, that's why it's really hard to tell who is stronger. Even the title of "the strongest mage" doesn't mean that Serena will defeat everyone on the continent. If there is (teoretically) a mage who can neutralize DS magic in Ishgar there is possibility that Serena will lose against him and it's not mean that Serena become weak or something. We know that Serena can defeat 4GoI, but it's not necessary mean that he can't loose to eg. Laxus or somebody, because some circumstances.

Last edited:

Verter

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
With Laxus we have pretty clear situation.
Laxus has got lightning magic ("standard" one + DS) as his main.
God Serena has unknown for us type of magic (which could be lightning too, and it's not because I think he's Yuri) + DS magic:
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c469/19.html
It looks like heat base magic, but absolutely not a flame or explode. Warrod and Jura faces suggest it was "flash", so why it probably lightning.

For determine Laxus level. we've Jura. Laxus had serious troubles with him, Serena trashed him w.o. notice. That's all.

If u don't believe that Laxus on level stronger "a few" then Jura, you should notice another thing.
Only 3 spriggans (Invel special case) went without soldiers. It's Serena, August and Jacob. And they are ones who eliminate entire country (Bosco).
It supposes itself that these 3 spriggans seriously above others.

It's not 3 GoI are trash, it's just God Serena is unbelievably strong. Even Acno who doesn't speak with "insects" came and said "who smells like dragon?".

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Jura wasn't the strongest BECAUSE HE LOST TO LAXUS. He was called the strongest literally as THEIR FIGHT WAS STARTING, which wasn't the case. While he was also weaker than Jellal.
If you weren't dense, you would obviously know I'm talking about him being the strongest human prior to losing to Laxus. :epicfacepalm

One, Mard wouldn't count as an Demon but that doesn't matter, two you're impying city level is impressive? Laxus' casual nuke was city level.
It doesn't if Mard's a demon, he still counts.

Lol it is impressive you fool. AGAIN, THAT MEANS SERENA CASUALLY CRUSHED 4 JELLALS. Laxus can't even beat 2.

Goddamn, stop making me repeat the same shit over and over.

He took on the FT crew during the escape, yes none of them went all out bu it was still multiple of them at once while the exception of Natsu using Igneel's power none of the currently have even showcased the means to stop his giant Sand Tsunami (though I believe they could). Makarov isn't wrong at all, like I said Ajeel's feats in terms of DC put him much lower than people he's actually stronger than, you've said nothing to disprove it at all other than he's not. While to top of Makarov's statement Brandish who has the best feats of any Spirggan currently and the most haxed power also said Ajeel was on her level. You lack reading comprehension and ignore portrayal and chose outdated hype over the former.
This is how I know that you don't even have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Ajeel doesn't even have DC, he has hax with lots of range, that's all. Again, why do statements matter when ewe have feats? Brandish herself said all Spriggans are roughly on her level, yet look at Ajeel and Serena. One is considerably weaker than her and the other is much stronger. So stop using character statements to back up your arguments when they literally don't mean anything.

Did you take Sting and Rogue's statements seriously when they said they killed their dragons? That would make them dragon level? Again, you're just gullible and I wouldn't doubt that you're a 13 year old Laxus fan.

None of this still means shit because it was just a small scruffle.

Ajeel's not beating Natsu + Gray + Lucy + Erza + Wendy + Makarov.

If you don't come up with anything better in your arguments, then I think I'm done here.

Last edited:

Ichibei

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Why are people so offensive over a manga and try to force their opinions on others?

I think that God Serena was very strong. Thats why Acno was needed to kill him before Serena would do serious damage to Fairy Tail (nobody else on the eastern side)

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
If you weren't dense, you would obviously know I'm talking about him being the strongest human prior to losing to Laxus. :epicfacepalm
I know whtat you were trying to say, before the Faires woke up he was potentially the strongest (which he wasn't) but my original point THE POINT I MADE is that he was ignorantly continued to be called the strongest even when the Tenrou team were back.

It doesn't if Mard's a demon, he still counts.

Lol it is impressive you fool. AGAIN, THAT MEANS SERENA CASUALLY CRUSHED 4 JELLALS. Laxus can't even beat 2.

Goddamn, stop making me repeat the same shit over and over.
You think Current Laxus can't beat two x791 Jellals? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH He was just about shit on Ajeel casually and you think current Laxus can't handle two Jellal, like I said Laxus' CASUAL NUKE was city level. His casual attack are at the level of x791 Jellal's strongest.

This is how I know that you don't even have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Ajeel doesn't even have DC, he has hax with lots of range, that's all. Again, why do statements matter when ewe have feats? Brandish herself said all Spriggans are roughly on her level, yet look at Ajeel and Serena. One is considerably weaker than her and the other is much stronger. So stop using character statements to back up your arguments when they literally don't mean anything.

Ajeel does have DC, are you blind that's just not his forte. Again statments do matter Ajeel was given a meh showing, not to mention Ajeel being weaker than Serena is all based on your ignorant claims that that GOI are above Current Laxus who is Spirggan tier. Did you just see what you said, you said stop suing actual statements but you're use character OUTDATED character hype about the GOI.

Did you take Sting and Rogue's statements seriously when they said they killed their dragons? That would make them dragon level? Again, you're just gullible and I wouldn't doubt that you're a 13 year old Laxus fan.
It was plausible at first (aka when the chapter first came out) because none of the readers knew how strong Sting and Rouge were. You call me gullible for actual taking STATEMENTS into account but yet you bye into outdated hype about the GOI. Statements are more solid then hype.

None of this still means shit because it was just a small scruffle.

Ajeel's not beating Natsu + Gray + Lucy + Erza + Wendy + Makarov.

If you don't come up with anything better in your arguments, then I think I'm done here.

It does mean shit because he overwhelmed them in the short scuffle.

Just because he would lose does not change WHAT DID HAPPEN. How dense are you, you literally didn't address the Makrov point at all. I think this is more you just not liking Laxus then really thinking Serena is powerful. I got on this site a couple of days ago and whenever I see your post about Laxus you're always crying about something.
1. Really? It seems u on right way. Example:
Di Maria: "Hi Makarov, let me show u all what I can do !!!!",
Invel: "HI Makarov, let me ..." etc

It's just Makarov perception on all he knows. It's not "as is".
In other hand, for someone with another perception, maybe Invel is strongest. Who knows?
How it is in reality ? Well, we will see.

2. Right-right, nice fanfiction,
In manga we have seen this:
- Re-equip didn't work
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c456/13.html
- Re-equip worked
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c457/21.html

Makarov HAD CLEARLY SEEN them fight if he knew how strong they were. He outright says what magic Invel uses and he says what type of fighter Dimaria is. Also he was able to come to the conclusion that Agust was significantly above his peers.

Nice fan fiction?

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/458/12

What's this then? Erza literally only gets the upper hand when this man is either surprised or caught off guard.

Damon blevins

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
FT guild rank

1 Natsu FDK mode
2 Laxus/ Gildarts ( I believe that gray will above both of them by the end of the arc)
3 Gray
4 Erza
4 Gajeel
5 Mira

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichibei

Reaction score
Country
Italy
1. Anksheram
2. Acno, E.N.D
3. Zeref
4. August
5. Gildartz, Laxus, some spriggans, Gray, Jellal
6. Gajeel, remaining spriggans

About Gray: he said that he has some ace left or something and I think that his training was based on the determination to fight END, so I rank him high because of his potential.

iDooom

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
From the Laxus vs Wahl fight, I'd say it is becoming quite clear that all the Spriggans shown so far (Brandish, Ajeel, Serena, Wahl) have around the same level of strength. Based on their reactions, Natsu/Gray/Gajeel are not mid-tier Spriggan level, which is probably why they haven't fought any mid-tier Spriggans. For those of you complaining about how weak the Spriggans seem, I guarantee you that Ajeel and Wahl would seem unbeatable if they fought different opponents in a 1v1.

1. Acno (pretty obvious)
2. Zeref, IgNatsu
3. August, (high-tier Spriggans)
4. Laxus, Erza, Jellal, Ajeel, Serena, Wahl (mid-tier)
5. Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Mira, Kagura, GOI, Gildarts
(Characters on each tier are not ordered)

Also, the rankings of the young FT mages literally never changes. It's pretty much the same as it was at BoS.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
From the Laxus vs Wahl fight, I'd say it is becoming quite clear that all the Spriggans shown so far (Brandish, Ajeel, Serena, Wahl) have around the same level of strength. Based on their reactions, Natsu/Gray/Gajeel are not mid-tier Spriggan level, which is probably why they haven't fought any mid-tier Spriggans. For those of you complaining about how weak the Spriggans seem, I guarantee you that Ajeel and Wahl would seem unbeatable if they fought different opponents in a 1v1.

1. Acno (pretty obvious)
2. Zeref, IgNatsu
3. August, (high-tier Spriggans)
4. Laxus, Erza, Jellal, Ajeel, Serena, Wahl (mid-tier)
5. Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Mira, Kagura, GOI, Gildarts
(Characters on each tier are not ordered)

Also, the rankings of the young FT mages literally never changes. It's pretty much the same as it was at BoS.
My eyes stop on this: Gildarts. GOI. Why?

Last edited:

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My opinion on rankings (pure speculation):
{1st Tier} Acnologia
{2nd Tier} Zeref, August and END
{3rd Tier} The Spriggan 12, Laxus, Natsu and Jellal
{4th Tier} Erza, Gray, Mirajane, Gajeel, GOI, Wendy, Minerva and the Twin Dragons
{5th Tier} Cobra, Midnight, Kagura, Jura and possibly Lyon​

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
My opinion on rankings (pure speculation):
{1st Tier} Acnologia
{2nd Tier} Zeref, August and END
{3rd Tier} The Spriggan 12, Laxus, Natsu and Jellal
{4th Tier} Erza, Gray, Mirajane, Gajeel, GOI, Wendy, Minerva and the Twin Dragons
{5th Tier} Cobra, Midnight, Kagura, Jura and possibly Lyon​
Sorry but how lyon and kagura are on the same level as jura ? How minerva wendy and the twin dragons are on the same level as the Goi ?

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My power listing would go as follows:
God Tier
Acnologia
Demigod Tier
Zeref
August
Dragon Tier
God Serena
Laxus
Gildarts
Spriggan Tier
Jellal
Invel
Jacob
Natsu
Braddman
Gods of Ishgar Tier
Wahl
Dimaria
Ajeel
Hyberion
Wolfhiem
Gajeel
Gray
Erza
Brandish
Warrod
Jura
Wizard Saint Tier
Makarov
Mirajane
Sting
Rogue
Cobra
Kagura
Minerva
Freed
Lyon
S-Class Tier
Wendy
Juvia
Elfman
Lucy
The Rest

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really get why you rank Wahl, Ajeel and Brandish as a God of Ishgar tier while they are Spriggans? That does already mean they are at Spriggan level.

How could Gray and Gajeel be stronger than Jura and Makarov? If Laxus defeated Jura with extreme high diff, how could Gray or Gajeel beat him? We all know Laxus is way above this two. I'm sorry but I don't agree with your rating.
It's just a name for the tier, not really meant to literally mean Spriggan level, some of this is also speculation, I'm thinking about Gajeel's power boost from when his dragon left him and about Gray's hidden power.

It's my list so you don't have to agree with it, it's just what I think the level's are.:)