Discussion - Spriggan 12 Magic | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Does anyone notice Jacob is often seen fixing his glove? I kinda like to think Jacob is bloodlust, skilled in killing secretly or brutally (somewhat similar to psycho or yandere), and has super speed. But I don't know exactly what magic he uses.

However, psycho/yandere character usually has weird nature, whereas Jacob seems calm and able to control himself.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Does anyone notice Jacob is often seen fixing his glove? I kinda like to think Jacob is bloodlust, skilled in killing secretly or brutally (somewhat similar to psycho or yandere), and has super speed. But I don't know exactly what magic he uses.

However, psycho/yandere character usually has weird nature, whereas Jacob seems calm and able to control himself.
It's a hitman thing I guess he's just fitting his glove before going to work.

He seems relaxed, well at least when he's not fighting. He was casual even when Acnologia showed up...

He kind looked like Ichiya here...

Yunkers

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I think that Dimaria's magic is actually some type of Speed Magic. She doesn't use requip, because she's still using the same armor and sword, but we know that she's too fast to see her moves, so she can be female Racer. Bloodman can be advanced Telekinesis user and he's moving opponents blood. Jacob may has some type of Hand Magic of something and he could doing punches with different elements.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I think that Dimaria's magic is actually some type of Speed Magic. She doesn't use requip, because she's still using the same armor and sword, but we know that she's too fast to see her moves, so she can be female Racer. Bloodman can be advanced Telekinesis user and he's moving opponents blood. Jacob may has some type of Hand Magic of something and he could doing punches with different elements.
I don't think Di Maria's magic has something to do with speed. My guess is that she is just like Kagura, someone who uses a really powerful sword. Her sword must be stronger than Kagura's Archenemy.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Bradman's Magic May Be Similar To Darth Vader in Star Wars.Telekinesis or Pressure Magic.

dimaria

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Is Magic Brandish and Dan Straight is the similar. because of their ability to raise something ..

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I am very curious to death about Dimaria's magic. Although people like to speculate her magic is related to time (slow or stop the time), but I kinda disagree with that. I have some reasons to say why that is. First, while Dimaria casts her magic to Kagura to strip her clothes, they two are having conversation casually, as if there are no faults, mistakes. Almost perfect. Second, Dimaria's magic clearly strips her opponent's magic slowly, gradually. Piece by piece. The main thing is, how come Dimaria comes near to their opponent and secretly rip their clothes off while she obviously is few meters away and even chats with her opponent? Unless she has the same magic as Ultear, Lost Magic: Arc of Time, and fast-forwards her opponent's clothes to the time the clothes are decomposed.

Well but I am not sure about this. Any thoughts?

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
I am very curious to death about Dimaria's magic. Although people like to speculate her magic is related to time (slow or stop the time), but I kinda disagree with that. I have some reasons to say why that is. First, while Dimaria casts her magic to Kagura to strip her clothes, they two are having conversation casually, as if there are no faults, mistakes. Almost perfect. Second, Dimaria's magic clearly strips her opponent's magic slowly, gradually. Piece by piece. The main thing is, how come Dimaria comes near to their opponent and secretly rip their clothes off while she obviously is few meters away and even chats with her opponent? Unless she has the same magic as Ultear, Lost Magic: Arc of Time, and fast-forwards her opponent's clothes to the time the clothes are decomposed.

Well but I am not sure about this. Any thoughts?
I don't know but i have the feeling that she has an magic similar to ultear..or maybe like racer ? gray and ultear vs dimaria would have been perfect xD I can't wait to see her in action

Ichibei

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Or she is just fast?

Jacob knows Assassination magic, maybe he could turn into a shadow and sneak up on others or poison people easily. I guess he is not someone who likes to be engaged in a direct battle

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
But if I remember correctly, Sawyer did move once he used his magic, whereas Dimaria stayed at her position. It's not like she teared a sheet of paper into two pieces. She did make Kagura and Shellia's clothes shattered in pieces as though it's decomposing. Well we better wait for next chapters to judge. I hope next chapter will answer my hesitation :XD

Libarian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
But if I remember correctly, Sawyer did move once he used his magic, whereas Dimaria stayed at her position. It's not like she teared a sheet of paper into two pieces. She did make Kagura and Shellia's clothes shattered in pieces as though it's decomposing. Well we better wait for next chapters to judge. I hope next chapter will answer my hesitation :XD
Sawyer did move he had to maintain a range of effect and it helped maintain his image the fact that it is a battlefield kind of eliminate that problem plus Dimaria probably has a MUCH larger range. The conversation is probably a distract. Here is a description of Cyborg 009's speed activated by click in a switch in a back tooth.

"His most prominent ability is the power to move at a speed so fast that everything else looks like a statue to him, this is triggered by a switch embedded in his teeth. However, he cannot touch any normal creatures such as humans in this state; the high speeds would kill or otherwise cause serious injury to the creature through air friction."

This dosn't look like decomposition the cloths would desolve and drop these seem to burst.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/467/9

plus http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/472/15

Admittedly, Sherria helps your case but notice she is smiling slightly before the cloths start flying, you can click your back teeth while smiling like that. Also the arc of time would not earn her the title the War Princess/Valkyrie however controlling that split second that decides if a blow hits would.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/471/17

I also think she has other magic like sword/gun magic after all it looks like she has a GUNBLADE:hearts

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Sawyer did move he had to maintain a range of effect and it helped maintain his image the fact that it is a battlefield kind of eliminate that problem plus Dimaria probably has a MUCH larger range. The conversation is probably a distract. Here is a description of Cyborg 009's speed activated by click in a switch in a back tooth.

"His most prominent ability is the power to move at a speed so fast that everything else looks like a statue to him, this is triggered by a switch embedded in his teeth. However, he cannot touch any normal creatures such as humans in this state; the high speeds would kill or otherwise cause serious injury to the creature through air friction."

This dosn't look like decomposition the cloths would desolve and drop these seem to burst.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/467/9

plus http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/472/15

Admittedly, Sherria helps your case but notice she is smiling slightly before the cloths start flying, you can click your back teeth while smiling like that. Also the arc of time would not earn her the title the War Princess/Valkyrie however controlling that split second that decides if a blow hits would.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/471/17

I also think she has other magic like sword/gun magic after all it looks like she has a GUNBLADE:hearts
Thanks for the explanation ^^

Let me draw a conclusion. So, while between her words, Dimaria clicks something in her mouth and stops the time as well as does something (I am not sure what is that) to her opponent's clothes, and then she is back to her previous position. Like this? Wow. That's very badass of her. I can't wait for it. After Wahl, it seems Dimaria is gonna shine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichibei

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Honestly, somebody who doesnt know her power should have no chance against her. How can you defeat someone who can stop time if you dont even know that the oerson can do it. Ultear is probably one of the few people who can counter her.

reesestl

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Honestly, somebody who doesn't know her power should have no chance against her. How can you defeat someone who can stop time if you don't even know that the person can do it. Ultear is probably one of the few people who can counter her.
I guess someone like Gaara's sand shield and armor would remain active even if time is stopped. In general, there must be some restriction on how long she can stop time. She may not be able to bring down an opponent with great defense or power within that time period. After the first attack, the opponent will at least know her power. Though seems to be really difficult to fight against such a power, even if you know it!

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Actually, it's not easy to figure out that kinda power especially if Dimaria is careful. She seems to return to her original spot before she unfreezes time so one wouldn't actually realize what happened. That's what she did against Kagura. The latter was looking at Dimaria one minute and the next her clothes got torn. It's easier to think that Dimaria's power is along the line of telekinesis than to realize it's stopping time. Also, no matter how strong the defense is, it's pretty worthless if you don't even get a chance to activate it. Basically, you happen to meet Dimaria, just as you want to get ready to fight, you'll suddenly find yourself bloodied and severely injured without an inkling of what happened. And it'll look like Dimaria simply stood there and willed something to happen. Among the spriggans we've met so far, her power is likely the most broken. She can potentially take down multiple opponents in the blink of an eye. Even though there'll definitely be some sort of cooldown or restriction, the opponent probably wouldn't figure it out until it's too late.

reesestl

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Actually, it's not easy to figure out that kinda power especially if Dimaria is careful. She seems to return to her original spot before she unfreezes time so one wouldn't actually realize what happened. That's what she did against Kagura. The latter was looking at Dimaria one minute and the next her clothes got torn. It's easier to think that Dimaria's power is along the line of telekinesis than to realize it's stopping time. Also, no matter how strong the defense is, it's pretty worthless if you don't even get a chance to activate it. Basically, you happen to meet Dimaria, just as you want to get ready to fight, you'll suddenly find yourself bloodied and severely injured without an inkling of what happened. And it'll look like Dimaria simply stood there and willed something to happen. Among the spriggans we've met so far, her power is likely the most broken. She can potentially take down multiple opponents in the blink of an eye. Even though there'll definitely be some sort of cooldown or restriction, the opponent probably wouldn't figure it out until it's too late.
As I started with Gaara's example, I was thinking more in the lines of automated defense or defense which need not be activated to work like 3rd raikage(another Naruto example!). Of course, any defense that needs activation like Fairy Sphere won't work.The point about power is different from defense. It is always shown that those with great power can withstand a lot of attacks but still have minimal damage and remain undefeated!
Also a regeneration power like that of Majin Boo ( DBZ) can also be effective.
I agree that it would be too difficult to figure out her power even after repeated attacks. Didn't quite understand the point about Dimaria's power being most broken though.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well this depends entirely on Dimaria's power-output. As far as we know, that's just a normal sword she's holding. There are some characters in this series with durability so strong that they can take hits from stuff like that. Also, sometimes characters are already powered up when they enter a battle. Like Acnologia always has the option of rushing into battle with his dragon form already activated. Dimaria can spend eons trying to hack away at him.

Dimaria's magic is basically the extrapolated form of Racer's.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
As I started with Gaara's example, I was thinking more in the lines of automated defense or defense which need not be activated to work like 3rd raikage(another Naruto example!). Of course, any defense that needs activation like Fairy Sphere won't work.The point about power is different from defense. It is always shown that those with great power can withstand a lot of attacks but still have minimal damage and remain undefeated!
Also a regeneration power like that of Majin Boo ( DBZ) can also be effective.
I agree that it would be too difficult to figure out her power even after repeated attacks. Didn't quite understand the point about Dimaria's power being most broken though.
Well the things is that even though the defense is automatic, it won't activate because the world is frozen. It's not like Dimaria only freezes her opponent. She freezes time itself, thereby allowing only herself move. No one has automatic defense in Fairy tail either (which still wouldn't work).

Just my personal opinion but it seems like the most broken one we currently have seen. There's Wahl who has alchemy and etherion, Ajeel with sand, Serena with multiple DS magic and brandish with mass manipulation. Thing is, If Dimaria came up against those 4, hypothetically speaking, she should be able to freeze time and easily kill them while they're defenseless provided her strength is enough (which it should be). Dimaria could've stopped time, walked into the guild quarters and kill half or all of the enemies and then walk back out without them even having the faintest idea what happened. As far as we know, the only one who can counter her magic is another time Mage (like Ultear)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well this depends entirely on Dimaria's power-output. As far as we know, that's just a normal sword she's holding. There are some characters in this series with durability so strong that they can take hits from stuff like that. Also, sometimes characters are already powered up when they enter a battle. Like Acnologia always has the option of rushing into battle with his dragon form already activated. Dimaria can spend eons trying to hack away at him.

Dimaria's magic is basically the extrapolated form of Racer's.
True. A lot will depend on Dimaria's strength but even that seems to be at a respectable enough level. Her attacking power should be decent enough and since the oppone is defenseless, she can try multiple stab attacks.

Well yeah, Acnologia is on a different level so her stopping time will only be a minor nuisance. Others like Ajeel who has a sand body might also be able to withstand her

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I'm not sure that Dimaria simply stop time. There are a lot of talking about some "worlds" or whatever. I think Dimaria can create or simply go to "timeless dimension"--this may explain many things. Dimaria also can't move in parallel world, but her "other dimension self" can, that's why she didn't move during battle with Kagura. And that's why young Ultear could show--"normal" Ultear is still old woman somewhere, but "other dimension" Ultear is living in this world. That way Ultear may be some type of time-guardian, she appears when something with time goes wrong. But it's just my wild theory, you don't have to agree.
And actually Dimaria is pretty op. I don't see anyone--except Ultear and maybe the ones with Ankhseram curse--who can beat. She's probably the first Spriggan who is really "level above".

Last edited:

Ichibei

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Could she stop time against beings from another dimension (Celestial spirits)?

I think she is almost unbeatable if you dont have some haxxed power yourself like a poison body, Ankseram curse or you fight with shadow clones like Naruto :D. Maybe a long ranged fighter could have a chance, I dont know. Basically, one must sneak up on her and eliminate her Assassin Style.

Theoretically speaking she should be able to cut Acno's head off while freezing time