Discussion - BL Anime | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion BL Anime

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
FINALLY!:yaoi

Junjō Romantica Boys-Love Anime Season 3's Date, Cast, Staff Revealed

Takahiro Sakurai, Hikaru Hanada return to star in Studio DEEN anime

The official website for the boys-love anime Junjō Romantica announced the premiere date, returning cast, and main staff for the third television anime season on Monday. Junjō Romantica 3 will premiere in July with Takahiro Sakurai and Hikaru Hanada as Misaki Takahashi and Akihiko Usami, respectively.

Chiaki Kon is once again directing at Studio DEEN with Yoko Kikuchi designing characters. MOKA* is also returning to compose the music with Lantis producing.

The manga already inspired two anime seasons in 2008, and Right Stuf licensed both for North America.

The second Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi anime series included an adaptation of Nakamura's Junjō Romantica manga spinoff Junjō Mistake, and there was also a Junjō Romantica original video anime in 2012. An original video animation volume of Nakamura's one-shot Hybrid Child debuted last year.

A Blu-ray Disc box (visual shown above) with all 24 episodes from the first two seasons, the original video anime, and footage from the 10th anniversary event in December 2012 will ship in Japan on June 26.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ast-staff-revealed/.86021#7HmZWkgCVt5ZCOmy.01

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dōkyūsei Anime to Be Screened in Theaters

The official Twitter account of the Dōkyūsei anime project revealed on Monday that the anime will be screened in theaters in Japan. The announcement also noted that the official Twitter account and the project's official website will reveal further details, such as the opening date and advance ticket booking dates, soon.

The anime is adapting Asumiko Nakamura's Dōkyūsei (Classmates) boys-love manga. The story begins during music class before the chorus festival, when male student Hikaru Kusakabe notices that the bespectacled honor student Rihito Sajo is not singing. Although he thinks that Rihito just doesn't like singing, he finds him practicing alone in the classroom after school. Without even thinking, Hikaru calls out to him.

Kenji Nojima (Sailor Moon Crystal, Psycho-Pass) and Hiroshi Kamiya (Shirokuma Café, Durarara!!) will star in the anime as Rihito Sajō and Hikaru Kusakabe, respectively.

Shouko Nakamura (Penguindrum, Kill la Kill episode director) will direct the adaptation at A-1 Pictures with character designs by Akemi Hayashi. Chieko Nakamura will serve as the art director, Ritsuko Utagawa will handle color design, and guitarist Kōtarō Oshio will provide the soundtrack.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...yusei-anime-to-be-screened-in-theaters/.87299

---------- Post added April 28, 2015 at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was April 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM ----------

YES, BABY, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Boys-Love Manga Super Lovers by Hakkenden's Abe Gets Anime

The handout in the reprint of Shungiku Nakamura's first √W.P.B. manga volume is reporting on Friday that Miyuki Abe's boys-love manga Super Lovers has an anime in the works. The announcement did not specify the anime's format or release date.

The manga's story begins with a high school boy named Haru and his mother living overseas. His mother orders him to take care of and "civilize" his adoptive brother Ren, a wild young boy who dislikes talking with other people. While their relationship is adversarial at first, they grow closer as they begin to understand one another.

Abe (Komatta Toki ni wa Hoshi ni kike!, Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun) launched Super Lovers in Kadokawa's Ciel magazine in 2010, but switched to Kadokawa's Emerald magazine in May last year. Kadokawa published the manga's seventh compiled book volume last July.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...den-abe-gets-anime/.87600#LUscSe6FPybpgdYr.01

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Omg I cant believe we are getting a Suepr Lovers anime. This is fantastic.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Junjou Romantica 3rd season PV

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Omg Funimation got Junjou Romantica season 3 here, I hope they dub it. I havent heard any BL anime dubbed in english.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Studio Deen Animates Abe's Super Lovers TV Anime

The anime project adapting Miyuki Abe's boys-love manga Super Lovers launched an official Twitter account on Wednesday, and the account announced that the project would be a TV anime series. The account also revealed some of the anime's staff.

Shinji Ishihira (Fairy Tail, Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie, Log Horizon) will helm the TV anime at Studio DEEN. Yoshiko Nakamura (Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Hakuōki, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) is credited for series composition. Miki Takihara (Squid Girl, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Yuri Kuma Arashi) is designing the characters.

Source: ANN

:yaoi

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lets hope it gets as many episodes as Hakkenden did.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Super Lovers Boys-Love TV Anime Unveils Cast, April Debut, Visuals
The official website and Twitter account for the television anime of Miyuki Abe's boys-love manga Super Lovers presented the cast, April 2016 premiere, teaser visual, and color character designs on Friday.
Junko Minagawa as Ren Kaidō, the youngest brother
Tomoaki Maeno as Haru Kaidō, the oldest brother
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Aki Kaidō, the older of the twin brothers
Takuma Terashima as Shima Kaidō, the younger of the twin brothers
Ayumu Murase as Ikuyoshi Sasaki, Haru's co-worker when he was a host
Jun Fukushima as Jūzen Kurosaki, Ren's classmate and friend

For more images check ANN: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...anime-unveils-cast-april-debut-visuals/.96926
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
1st trailer for Dōkyūsei/Classmates animated movie

2nd trailer for Dōkyūsei/Classmates

Opening on February 20
ANN

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Super Lovers PV

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This manga has a nice idea. I will check it when its anime starts. No idea if it was ever translated to english.
-------------------

Fudanshi Kōkō Seikatsu Comedy Manga About Male Yaoi Fan Gets TV Anime
Atami Michinoku's web manga about male BL fan & his "normal," female, & gay friends

A television anime adaptation of Atami Michinoku's Fudanshi Kōkō Seikatsu (Rotten Boys' High School Life) manga has been green-lit for a July premiere.

The comedy depicts the daily life of Sakaguchi, a high school boy and also a "fudanshi" who loves boys-love stories. Fudanshi is a wordplay on fujoshi (literally, "rotten girls") — the slang for women who love boys-love/yaoi stories.

The cast includes:

Source: ANN
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Second season of Super Lovers coming. :shout
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...love-anime-gets-2nd-season-in-january/.102983
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Boys-Love Manga Hitorijime My Hero Gets Anime
Memeco Arii's spinoff of Hitorijime Boyfriend manga has over 700,000 in print
The official Twitter account of Ichijinsha's Gateau boys-love manga magazine announced on Tuesday that Memeco Arii's Hitorijime My Hero manga has an anime adaptation in the works. The announcement did not specify the format of the anime.
source: ANN

vietlongplus

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I loved this genre and I would expect the least super lovers ss2 :))

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sad we never got much love here about Yuri on Ice :(

SilverLugia345

Reaction score
Country
United States
Boys-Love Manga Hitorijime My Hero Gets Anime
Memeco Arii's spinoff of Hitorijime Boyfriend manga has over 700,000 in print
The official Twitter account of Ichijinsha's Gateau boys-love manga magazine announced on Tuesday that Memeco Arii's Hitorijime My Hero manga has an anime adaptation in the works. The announcement did not specify the format of the anime.
source: ANN
I watched that anime and both the characters and storyline were great. Now I need to go and read the manga when I get the chance.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hitorijime my hero was great. I loved the episode when setagawas friend also had a crush on him but couldnt find the words to say it then they made up. Very memorable. Also the episode with the guy in the past who he connected with in the gang who was also jealous.

Juliana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sad we never got much love here about Yuri on Ice :(
True! But I hope next season and the movie show us a little bit more... OR A LOT, A LOT OF STUFF xD

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
True! But I hope next season and the movie show us a little bit more... OR A LOT, A LOT OF STUFF xD
I want more Seung Gil Lee.

Shizu59

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
my most favorit yaoi/shounen ai is Junjou Romantica, then Gravitation. I wish more yaoi animes like these come out soon :(

kawaii_i

Reaction score
Country
United States
girls love it too :)

Tlaia48

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am also a big fan for BL anime. I love that genre with a little bit yaoi and cute, but not too much yaoi. I searched for similar one with love stage via nihofun.com and finally I got here. Perfect!!!

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Might be getting a new anime