American Politics | Page 83 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
NUTJOBS ASSEMBLE! **blows horn**

How exactly is it a good move for ted to run with fiorina? As far as I can tell fiorina got virtually no support and much of the stuff she said were blatant and easily verifiable lies (about the planned parenthood videos). I thought she was seen as some sort of unlikable crazy harpy.... Then again ted cruz is so profoundly hated among the republican establishment that he probably couldn't get one of the "saner" republicans to run with him.
I figured republicans preferred Cruz over Drumpf. I guess not.

Wow, only good thing Rubio has done is not like Cruz.

Hmm, the way I see it, Trump will destroy US socially, Bernie will probably destroy it economically, Cruz will destroy freedom and rights, and Hillary will... idk. Though, at least with Bernie we keep as much right and freedom as possible while with Trump, businesses may move back to the US and create jobs, although wealthy will get wealthier and the poor will get poorer.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I figured republicans preferred Cruz over Drumpf. I guess not.

Wow, only good thing Rubio has done is not like Cruz.

Hmm, the way I see it, Trump will destroy US socially, Bernie will probably destroy it economically, Cruz will destroy freedom and rights, and Hillary will... idk. Though, at least with Bernie we keep as much right and freedom as possible while with Trump, businesses may move back to the US and create jobs, although wealthy will get wealthier and the poor will get poorer.
Didn't the guy with the effeminate southern accent say that choosing between cruz or trump is like choosing between getting shot or poisoned? I honestly think that if cruz was frontrunners the establishment would work with trump to get him out of the race... And as far as I can tell the establishment is aiming for kasich to get the nomination, however unlikely that may be.

Doesn't that imply hillary is the best candidate? Arguably leaving stuff as it is is better than any of the other scenarios you presented lol. Or did I miss a joke here?

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I do not think Sanders would destroy the US economically, nor would trump do even a tenth fo the things he says he would do.

Clinton is basically a candidate who will keep on obama's politics with another foreign political focus (she seems to be less opposed to more involvement of the US troups).

People who were fine with obama can vote for clinton withotu many regrets.
Sanders is more on the progressive side. Naturally he will not get half of the things through congress he wants to do, but he will at least try to chang eup some things.
That's fine too, people who are on the left but were not fine with obama and thought the democrats should not be as 'conservative' as they are today can vote for sanders without regrets.
Both of those candidates are absolutely president material.

Now...i do not have many nice things to say about the republicans.

Kasich would come to mind as someone who can at least give you the impression of being a president of a western nation (even with his quote about abortion in mind).
I could live with president kasich.

Now, Trump and Cruz are just people who really really like to win and be in the spotlight.
Trump would not necessarily destroy much. Some things done for rich people, then he would do whatever his advisoers tell him to do.
The US would embarass themselves with a clown for a term, but it's not like the US would instantly become hell. As mentinoed before: There is a congress.
Cruz is more dangerous than trump. He is a serious hatemongerer, he doenst just say these things, he means a lot of the things he says.
And he is more likely to have a serious harmful aggenda he is bound to get through with.

So all in all, i am very glad that i dont believe that you guys will have a republican president this year.
Trump effectively destroyed that possiblity (conspiracy theories aside^^).

Sometimes it hink the person who has most pleasure and fun with something should get it.
That's why I gave my 3DS i rarely played with to my little cousin who plays it everyday and has a blast with it.
And i think the person who will definitely fall into manical laughter after the election is done and the doors are shut is hillary clinton :D

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
... and it's not like the president has ever been a laughingstock before.
that's true, but i can see trump publicy embarassing other politicians too.
I see him as some kind of jelzin.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Good old GB and his zany antics.... I am not sure if I miss or dread the days back when the world seriously thought the POTUS was retarded. Maybe the comedy was worth it. Everything considered, I really don't think there is much of a chance of any of the current republican candidates to not be seen in such a way. The "sane" options in the republican party were Jeb, rubio, kasich.... Their mere presence would probably be at odds with most of US allies... Heck, trump's entire foreign policy plans seem to be specifically to ruin relationships with other countries....

Dragoon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
At least he was good at dodging :p

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
loool. I had forgotten that image. Very few images capture what the world thought of GB and the republican party in general like that image.... Or so you'd think were it not for the wonders of google...

Good old GB...

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
loool. I had forgotten that image. Very few images capture what the world thought of GB and the republican party in general like that image.... Or so you'd think were it not for the wonders of google...

Good old GB...
definitely the guy you want at the bachelor party....not to run a country for 8yrs:gnut

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
such a lil'devil she is:gnut

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Didn't the guy with the effeminate southern accent say that choosing between cruz or trump is like choosing between getting shot or poisoned? I honestly think that if cruz was frontrunners the establishment would work with trump to get him out of the race... And as far as I can tell the establishment is aiming for kasich to get the nomination, however unlikely that may be.

Doesn't that imply hillary is the best candidate? Arguably leaving stuff as it is is better than any of the other scenarios you presented lol. Or did I miss a joke here?
I don't think so, seems like they're more scared of Trump than they are of Cruz.

Not sure if she is. She could be deceitful for all we know and fuck things up even more than the republicans have in the past few decades.
... and it's not like the president has ever been a laughingstock before.
I think Bush was revolutionary in that he was the first president who became a meme. Bush will never be forgotten. :')

I think she's trying to say she's a woman, but not sure.
Probably trying to get feminists to vote for her.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
People need to stop nitpicking what he said, and spend more time working hard so that they can put food on their families...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nitpicking whom?

Dragoon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I think he's saying instead of whining about gb who is long gone as our country's leader, maybe focus on working and whatnot?

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, after obama won his primary against hillary with the drive the idea of 'first black president' got, she probably learned her lesson and imitated that.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think he's saying instead of whining about gb who is long gone as our country's leader, maybe focus on working and whatnot?
Nah, nothing so serious.

When choosing the next president, you guys jut need to remember the old Tennesseean idiom - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!'"

Also, as dirty as it may be (and as much as I'd rather they spent more time talking policies)- stigmatising the opposition as 'sexist' or 'racist' is prime material for swaying people to your side...

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Growing numbers of republicans have given up on the race and are instead focusing on senate seats and those such elections. Only thing we have now is just saying that at least hillary rodham obama is also disliked.