TV - Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption) | Page 106 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
And he will not be careful

Yes i was expecting him to kill roose but the way he killed his father is not his style. I expected him to use poison(like how he killed his brother in the book), not straight out kill him while there are people around him.
Ah I hope they will die in that way.
Well in the show he hasn't used poison, has he? Not now or before. So I fail to see how and why he will suddenly start acting like that on the show, unless you really believe that the show has to be faithful to the books when it comes to Ramsay killing Roose which makes no sense since that hasn't happened yet.
And Ramsay can be cunning too on the moment but he's bad at coming with long term plans both in the books and the show. As demonstrated when he disguised himself as Reek. So his move against Roose is smart but since he has no long term plan he'll lose which is consistent with how he was portrayed in the books and the show.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
True, Ramsay is fucked and killing his father like he did was a bold move if the maester wants he can start rumors on Ramsay now or his rep. Alone will cause others to see throught his BS and assume he murdered his family, he should've went for the poisoning option.

He should've waited before doing it and capitallize on his father longer, what he did was stupid he straight up neglected a good advice killed the advisor, lacks the rep. to avoid being backstabbed and doesnt have all houses in the north in his control, also the houses in the north were being put in check by roose, doing his job, If Ramsay isnt prepared to do roose's job yet he should have delayed the killing plans, he is digging his own grave with this.
Why would the maester oppose Ramsay? It's not like they have someone else to take his place as Lord Bolton. Roose is dead, his newborn son and heir is too, Walda is dead....so who is left to become lord of the Dreadfort? They're stuck with Ramsay. And I'm not sure he can afford doing so or he'll die or worse.

That's consistent with how his character is portrayed, he doesn't plan far ahead, and it would be out of character if he suddenly started to.

Last edited:

g01

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Well because his father is the lord and killing him in front of people most likely cause him trouble? Most of the north does not trust them and ready to attack them. Roose is well known lord but who is ramsey? Lannisters are ready to attack them, now freys are ready to attack them, more than half of the north ready to attack them. Killing roose in this conditions is not a good move.
I don't know perhaps it is not that big deal but i didn't like it.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well because his father is the lord and killing him in front of people most likely cause him trouble? Most of the north does not trust them and ready to attack them. Roose is well known lord but who is ramsey? Lannisters are ready to attack them, now freys are ready to attack them, more than half of the north ready to attack them. Killing roose in this conditions is not a good move.
I don't know perhaps it is not that big deal but i didn't like it.
But don't you feel it is done on purpose? Assuming word gets out and the north turns on Ramsay, then isn't that exactly how things should be?
The Northerners never fully trusted the Boltons, because of what they did in the Red Wedding, this is just another instance of why they should be warry of Ramsay now that he's Lord Bolton.There's even talk about a Northerner conspiracy in the books, and some like Manderly are looking for Rickon.If a Stark heir were to show up they'd back him up. Other than the Karstarks who are apparently still bummed about what happened to their leader, who was killed by Robb, I can see most houses turning against the Boltons once Sansa rounds them up.
So on one hand Ramsay's move makes sense since he doesn't plan ahead, and he was losing all he had ever hoped to achieve once his baby brother was born, a male heir at that. So at that instant, the course of action that makes sense is to get rid of Roose and his newborn baby brother. And on the other this is most likely his downfall, since getting rid of Roose in such a way might piss off the Northerners, who would then turn towards Sansa and Jon, for the exception of the Karstarks.But more than that I think it's the fact that he is impulsive and doesn't think things through that is really a problem and will ultimately make him lose the support of most Northern houses. This development makes sense, unless you're trying to project your own expectations when it comes to Ramsay's character, by making him suddenly be able to plan far ahead, when he has never done such a thing. Or you're just bummed about how Roose got killed.The only thing to be pissed at imo is the fact that maybe Roose didn't see this coming. He told Ramsay beforehand that if the baby turns out to be a boy, he would become his heir, and when that happened he still thought that Ramsay wouldn't do anything about it? He even taunted him in a way, by saying that he'll always be his first born, so that clearly shows that at that point he was really considering making his newborn his new heir.

Other than that I don't see why there should be so many complaints about Ramsay killing Roose. It's not out of character plus it is prolly what will allow Ramsay and the Boltons to be defeated, once the Northerners turn on him. Roose always had the brains, Ramsay not so much.
The Freys will most likely be out of the equation soon, so there won't be a retribution from their part imo. So that really just leaves some of the houses mentioned like the Umber, Manderleys etc who could join Jon and Sansa instead.

And with this I'm done with this subject.

g01

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
@ladylola
I am mostly bummed about roose's dead. I am unhappy because roose acted like he doesn't know ramsey, he should of know what will happen when the baby born but he even taunted him like you said.
Characters like roose and doran died the way that i didn't image, that's why i am disappontented but well this is game of thrones,it is hard to see what will happen sometimes.
Well he doesn't have to be genius to understand what will happen next.
Anyway like you said we should be done with this subject. Thanks for your replies :verily

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Not really sure why people keep bringing up Tyrion being a secret Targaryen. Pretty sure The World of Ice and Fire debunked this notion since the timelines don't match up. I don't remember specifics, but Aerys II and Joanna Lannister weren't in contact when he had to have been conceived.

Of course, they could say fuck all that for the show and I guess he doesn't need to have been fathered by Aerys II to have Targaryen blood in him, but the most popular theory tends to be that Aerys II was his father, given how he supposedly antagonized Tywin by lusting after Joanna.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I was rather curious about Melisandre's resurrection speech and thankfully it got translated. It's High Valyrian btw.
Zȳhys ōñoso jehikagon Āeksiot epi, se gīs hen sȳndrorro jemagon.
“We ask the Lord to shine his light, and lead a soul out of darkness.”

Zȳhys perzys stepagon Āeksio Ōño jorepi, se morghūltas lȳs qēlītsos sikagon.
“We beg the Lord to share his fire, and light a candle that has gone out.”

Hen sȳndrorro, ōños. Hen ñuqīr, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson.
“From darkness, light. From ashes, fire. From death, life.”
Source

g01

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

:lmao

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Some interesting stuff in this episode
Obviously the ToJ flashback was something I was really looking forward to, although we didn't get the whole scene with Lyanna and Ned and the famous "Promise me Ned" the fact that we hear Lyanna screaming as if she was giving birth only gives more credit to R+L=J in my eyes. And the fact that Bloodraven doesn't want Bran to learn more is suspicious. But he's a bit contradicting himself when he says that Bran needs to learn everything, yet stops him from seeing that moment.Oh well I guess the mystery will continue about Jon's parentage.
Oh boy so it really is that the Umbers are offering Rickon. Poor Shaggydog (Rickon's direwolf).:/Obviously this bit is made up, and I would have preferred if it was Theon, or to be more accurate at this point it would have made more sense if it was him who got captured, but nope. The preview shows him sailing to Pyke.

And just like this Jon's watch has ended, I'm rather satisfied with this turn of events, especially the execution part. I don't think I've hated a kid on the show as much as I hated Olly, even Joffrey had his good moments, when he was being a complete nutjob:XD
At least he was entertaining to watch. So with this Jon is free since technically he already died, and Edd is going to be LC. But at the same time what will Jon do now? We know he'll get to Winterfell somehow but it will be interesting to see his character arc and the process that will lead him into taking on the Boltons.

That was an overall ok episode, at least there is more progress except for King's landing of course.It is literally the weakest part for me this whole season, well except for Dorne.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Someone leaked an episode synopsis on reddit earlier in the week, I read it, forgot I had read it, and then it dawned on me because they were completely legit...

Except I don't remember reading about the Ramsey scene. Maybe I just forgot because Osha/Rickon returning was speculated a long time ago, but I definitely don't recall the Shaggydog detail..:s

Did anyone else notice The Waif's reaction when Arya said "Walder Frey"?
Also...

Why exactly did they make Arthur Dayne duel wield? Sort of removes the significance of him wielding Dawn. I guess it was a way to make him seem even more of a swordsman, but it felt a bit out of place to me. Like some choreographer had too much say in it or something :lmao ...also, there wasn't much suspense to it since they made a point of pointing out who Howland Reed was and him getting taken out like a bitch early. So you watch this guy take all these people out and disarm Ned...was a little obvious what would happen.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Some interesting stuff in this episode
Obviously the ToJ flashback was something I was really looking forward to, although we didn't get the whole scene with Lyanna and Ned and the famous "Promise me Ned" the fact that we hear Lyanna screaming as if she was giving birth only gives more credit to R+L=J in my eyes. And the fact that Bloodraven doesn't want Bran to learn more is suspicious. But he's a bit contradicting himself when he says that Bran needs to learn everything, yet stops him from seeing that moment.Oh well I guess the mystery will continue about Jon's parentage.
Oh boy so it really is that the Umbers are offering Rickon. Poor Shaggydog (Rickon's direwolf).:/Obviously this bit is made up, and I would have preferred if it was Theon, or to be more accurate at this point it would have made more sense if it was him who got captured, but nope. The preview shows him sailing to Pyke.

And just like this Jon's watch has ended, I'm rather satisfied with this turn of events, especially the execution part. I don't think I've hated a kid on the show as much as I hated Olly, even Joffrey had his good moments, when he was being a complete nutjob:XD
At least he was entertaining to watch. So with this Jon is free since technically he already died, and Edd is going to be LC. But at the same time what will Jon do now? We know he'll get to Winterfell somehow but it will be interesting to see his character arc and the process that will lead him into taking on the Boltons.

That was an overall ok episode, at least there is more progress except for King's landing of course.It is literally the weakest part for me this whole season, well except for Dorne.
Exactly how i feel. Thought that everything was interesting in this episode, except King´s Landing, it bores me to hell.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Haha, well...I guess the scene had it's purpose.

I just realized that there were only 2 Kings Guard in the ToJ scene. :notsure

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Exactly how i feel. Thought that everything was interesting in this episode, except King´s Landing, it bores me to hell.
Yes to hell with King's landing. But from the looks of it things could finally move forward a bit next episode
with all the Margaery drama. The HS is getting boring, not that Pryce isn't a good actor, it's just that the whole zealot plot is just boring. But I wonder if he doesn't have ulterior motives other than the whole religion bullcrap, his speech about overthrowing an empire kinda points towards him having some ulterior political motive.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yes to hell with King's landing. But from the looks of it things could finally move forward a bit next episode
with all the Margaery drama. The HS is getting boring, not that Pryce isn't a good actor, it's just that the whole zealot plot is just boring. But I wonder if he doesn't have ulterior motives other than the whole religion bullcrap, his speech about overthrowing an empire kinda points towards him having some ulterior political motive.
To be fair, the scene with the HS and Tommen was staged pretty well with the HS controlling the flow of the dialogue pretty easily, Tommen is still a boy after all. Considering that, i do think he plans to control the king and with that the kingdom, but probably not because of personal interests but simply to strengthen the position of the religion + prevent other sinners having power.

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
To be fair, the scene with the HS and Tommen was staged pretty well with the HS controlling the flow of the dialogue pretty easily, Tommen is still a boy after all. Considering that, i do think he plans to control the king and with that the kingdom, but probably not because of personal interests but simply to strengthen the position of the religion + prevent other sinners having power.
Hmm shouldn't we discuss this in spoiler tags?

Well to me the whole religion theme is getting too boring, even in the books it is, with so many sparrows being absolute dickheads just because they believe that religion should be more important than everything else...but at the same time the HS is a bit suspicious, I don't want to talk too much about some of the theories that float around about him that sometimes even link him to the Starks....I'd actually prefer that if there was more to him and his movement than just religion, if he in secret was trying to get rid of the Lannisters, and the Tyrells and anyone who can be seen as corrupted.
I preferred his talk with Jaime, and what he told him about his own sins. And yet Jaime is allowed to run free.It feels like Margaery and even Loras aren't the biggest sinners out there, so they're pretty much scapegoats.
I doubt he'd manage to overthrow the Lannisters, if anything right now it looks like they'll temporarily join hands with the Tyrells so they can get Marg and Loras back, well really just Marg from what I hear about Loras character dying this season.

MArGi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Since the beginning of this season, I was looking forward to Rickon's and especially Osha's reappearance... I don't know what I expected exactly for their reintroduction, but I know I didn't expect that. I hope they won't pay for Sansa and Theon's escape; Ramsay needs a new Reek and a new girl after all. But somehow I don't think it will be the case. He might abuse them of course; but considering that it's getting repetitive, Osha's character and the fact that her and Rickon are finally coming back after 3 seasons, I hope they'll play an important role, in Ramsay's downfall hopefully. I mean he is one of the best villains in the show but now that he has killed his father - which felt a bit out of character imo - his character doesn't have much development left to undergo, except showing his ability as a ruler; but as I think he doesn't have such an ability, all I'm expecting is for him to have a death worthy of the twisted man he is.

Regarding Jon, his decision of leaving the Night's watch gives me the impression that Sansa and him won't be reunited, which would be fine as I prefer seeing the Starks progressing individually. Speaking of the Starks, it looks like this season will finally reveal the truth around Jon's birth - through Bran's time travels (Eddard was not such a honest man it seems...) - and I'm really excited about it. I've always been a fan of the theory of him being the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, and his resurrection by the Lord of Light further supports the theory imo.

I pity Tommen in King's Landing. The poor boy is so naive and sweet, but he is nothing more than a tool, as per his mother's will. Unfortunately for Cersei, she is not the only one who can use him. I wonder how he is going to die. As for the HS, I hope the organization will be dismantled by the end of this season, they are such annoying fanatics. I still don't get why Cersei and Jaime don't order the soldiers to slaughter them.

We finally get to know more about Varys' little birds. Children... He is just paying them with sweets and kindness, I'm surprised none of them has turned against him when it is so easy to buy them. Anyway, I would have prefered that to stay secret: the less you know about a minor character in this show, the more he is likely to survive and Varys is my favourite minor character.

Overall I have mixed feeling about those three first episodes. Some things feel rushed - like the deaths of the leaders of three Houses within 2 episodes - and I miss the cunning conversations from the previous seasons between the characters in King's landing (bring Littlefinger back!) a lot. There still are some pretty promising plots going on like Arya's, Daenerys', the North's and Bran's.

g01

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
So sansa leaves winterfell right before rickon arrives and jon leaves castle black just as sansa arrives...woww...It is like,old and the new gods hate starks so much.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Ramsay plot suddenly became much more interesting with Rickon. Jon is leaving so maybe he'll meet him or Sansa? Maybe...

Can Varys really lose his birds that easily?