Discussion - The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread | Page 46 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Why do you like your OTP?

• Total voters

jellalsexualll

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm hoping so bad that they end up together at one point, Erza deserves to be happy and with someone who loves her. If I could choose one pair from FT, it'd easily be Jellal and Erza.
Totally agree. I actually did a drawing today and wrote a small ficlet to go with it about how I'd like to see things turn out after Zeref is defeated and all that. Both Jellal and Erza deserve happiness. Jellal deserves to be free of his burdens and given his rightful freedom from the Council so he can freely be with the woman he loves without any fears or worries that he's not good enough to be with her, and Erza deserves the same from Jellal. She deserves to be with the man she loves. It's already been established by both that they're in love with each other. Now it's just a matter of the characters themselves making it official on panel and showing that they are truly together. I hope it happens. It certainly seems to be going that direction, imo.

Reactions: M3J

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I ship natsu a and brandish...don't ask me why xD but i found them cute...

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol I wouldn't ship them but them being a brotp is a good look.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I ship Brandish X Dimaria and Bacchus X Cana.

Gray x Juvia
Natsu X Lucy
Jellal x Erza

Are all givens.

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Gray x Juvia, Natsu x Erza/Lucy, and Gajeel x Levy.

I find Jerza pretty overrated.

Gajeel and Gray deserve the most happiness, especially with how much emotional turmoil they have been through with their lives.

True, but I never said it was one-sided, just one side is knowingly in love with the other. Never saw the finance thing that deep though lol. I thought he just said that to protect Erza. And the other thing in the ToH arc is a blur... I forgot all about that part
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lol this yo. All of this. I've LITERALLY been saying this all the way back to the "argument" on Natsu over Gray when it comes to their other halves. This person is the real MVP, hats off to you fam:hi
I have read through the whole debate, nothing you have stated is remotely true nor the poster you quoted have anything to do what you wanted to illustrate. Gray is above Natsu in all aspects when it comes to overall genuity and in dealing with other halves. :verily

Last edited:

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I find Jerza pretty overrated.
I disagree, and honestly the most overrated ship is Gruvia... even though I honestly really like Gruvia. Jerza has been through it all that the other ships haven't. It might be the most underrated ship besides Kinabra or whatever their ship name is

I have read through the whole debate, nothing you have stated is remotely true nor the poster you quoted have anything to do what you wanted to illustrate. Gray is above Natsu is all aspects when it comes to overall genuity and in dealing with other halves. :verily
Lmao I wouldn't expect anything less... I mean I really don't wanna rehash my points again but:

-Natsu > Gray when it comes to understanding a woman
-Gray > Natsu on pretty much everything else life-related except the stripping lol

Nothing really else to say, just facts

Tinitus

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Georgia
I disagree, and honestly the most overrated ship is Gruvia... even though I honestly really like Gruvia. Jerza has been through it all that the other ships haven't. It might be the most underrated ship besides Kinabra or whatever their ship name is
NaLu is more overrated than Gruvia.

Lmao I wouldn't expect anything less... I mean I really don't wanna rehash my points again but:

-Natsu > Gray when it comes to understanding a woman
-Gray > Natsu on pretty much everything else life-related except the stripping lol

Nothing really else to say, just facts

Those aren't facts lmao
Except in the current arc and in general, Gray has done a much better job at understanding women than Natsu has, so technically he would be > Natsu. These are facts, and you seem to be in some kind of confused loop that somehow Natsu can understand women better than Gray when he hasn't even shown to do it. Infact quite the opposite where he slags on Lucy several times.

Gray>Natsu all around in general. (Including how it comes to dealing with women)

Your points were pretty much debunked to a point that you ended up changing the subject (See Post 673) and ignoring the poster that debunked your claims. Knowing full well you had no answer or counter arguments.

Manga is also proof to my claims also :Natsu's so ego eccentric that he doesn't seem to understand when you hurt a women intentionally or not, you simply apologize. You should re-consider.

Last edited:

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
NaLu is more overrated than Gruvia.
:facepalm True lol. Our meanings of being "overrated" must be alot different. Overrated to me is something that's repeatedly shoved down our throats every second of our lives and if that's not Gruvia then idek what to say :hmm... again I like Gruvia so not hating, it's just how they're being built up till they're canon. It is what it is

Except in the current arc and in general, Gray has done a much better job at understanding women than Natsu has, so technically he would be > Natsu. These are facts, and you seem to be in some kind of confused loop that somehow Natsu can understand women better than Gray when he hasn't even shown to do it. Infact quite the opposite where he slags on Lucy several times.
I mean, I mean, I mean him holding Juvia's hand when she was scared going to the town was cool. Saving her from Ultear that was great. But dawg, if you don't think Natsu doesn't do this on a daily basis with Lucy I can't even lol. Gray dodges and ducks Juvia (or as people call it "comic relief" whatever that means) more times than not cause that's just who he is. Cutting down the sakura tree and sailing it through Magnolia cause she was sick, ignoring Erza's orders to save her when she got captured by Phantom, holding her arm when they were all scared af of Hades' Nemesis.. the list goes on. For a non-nalu example? Going to fight Jiemma cause how dirty they did Yukino, protecting Erza from Jellal when he was possessed by Ultear cause of what had happened in that tower, promising Wendy he'll return to her after he defeated Zero and saved her guild and it goes on. Just can't see how Gray wins in this category when you mainly see him reject Juvia than he does something nice for her. Just comparing Natsu and Gray too, not Gruvia and Nalu too cause they're aren't too comparable at this stage, just being 100.

When it comes to the overall aspect of women? Natsu by far. To their other half? Natsu with a caveat that Gray has been improving in this category since Tartaros, maybe Tenrou Island arc.. but but bu..:bedtime

Tinitus

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Georgia
:facepalm True lol. Our meanings of being "overrated" must be alot different. Overrated to me is something that's repeatedly shoved down our throats every second of our lives and if that's not Gruvia then idek what to say :hmm... again I like Gruvia so not hating, it's just how they're being built up till they're canon. It is what it is

I mean, I mean, I mean him holding Juvia's hand when she was scared going to the town was cool. Saving her from Ultear that was great. But man, if you don't think Natsu doesn't do this on a daily basis with Lucy I can't even lol. Gray dodges and ducks Juvia (or as people call it "comic relief" whatever that means) more times than not cause that's just who he is. Cutting down the sakura tree and sailing it through Magnolia cause she was sick, ignoring Erza's orders to save her when she got captured by Phantom, holding her arm when they were all scared af of Hades' Nemesis.. the list goes on. For a non-nalu example? Going to fight Jiemma cause how dirty they did Yukino, protecting Erza from Jellal when he was possessed by Ultear cause of what had happened in that tower, promising Wendy he'll return to her after he defeated Zero and saved her guild and it goes on. Just can't see how Gray wins in this category when you mainly see him reject Juvia than he does something nice for her. Just comparing Natsu and Gray too, not Gruvia and Nalu too cause they're aren't too comparable at this stage, just being 100.

When it comes to the overall aspect of women? Natsu by far. To their other half? Natsu with a caveat that Gray has been improving in this category since Tartaros, maybe Tenrou Island arc.. but but bu..:bedtime
If you count in total, NaLu is the complete definition of a pairing shoved down our throats repeatedly far more than Gruvia or any other pairings. So many moments of NaLu are forced, especially in the filler parts.

It's not what you do for the character also, it's how you treat the characters with respect and handle their emotions better. Gray dodges and ducks Juvia mainly because he doesn't like to listen to her fangirling behaviour which is 90 percent of the time. When Juvia is serious, Gray is serious, that's the pin point of their relationship this whole time. Natsu on the other hand doesn't even have the luxury to be deal with that, he gets it easy, especially when Lucy doesn't randomly fangirl over him or talk some crazy shit love love messages to him. Just look at the recent situation, Gray did something that wasn't completely right, you know what he does, he apologizes and handled it efficiently toward a woman. Natsu did something that wasn't completely right, you know what he does, he doesn't apologizes and scoffs at Lucy belittling her.

Saving female characters doesnt mean you are mature when dealing with them, lol plz. That's just inaccurate.

Regardless, Gray has done all of that, he fought so hard for Erza's sake in TOH, he cured Ultear's sin and darkness and mended her path, He did the same for Angel, he made Wendy an ice crown for a cover, amongst other shit. He saved Wendy/Natsu against Racer, he saved Lucy's life in two seperate occasions, Natsu's the main MC, so he would get more exposure in saving, doesn't mean shit when you put in context. When Mirajane got hurt with Gray's joke, he apologized strictly to her. That shows maturity. Natsu rarely apologizes when he hurts a woman's feelings that shows immaturity. Gray doesn't reject Juvia, he avoids when she's fangirling. That's something a normal human would do.

Gray is far ahead of Natsu in dealing with women from an emotional and physical aspect, current arc is proof of that. Let's not deny canon here.

We can disagree as much as want with each other, so a good agree to disagree post can end this.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Don't know how anyone can say Natsu+Lucy is better than Gray+Juvia or that they've had more romantic interactions/hints. It's like they don't read the manga, or they don't read it without bias. We get/got more development from Gray and Juvia than we have from Natsu and Lucy, who at this point still feel like friends more than anything. I'm even willing to bet the main reason they're paired together is due to them being main characters and hanging out a lot.

Asorx

Reaction score
Country
Poland
We cant said X Ship is better than Y Ship. All have own conclusion so don't debate who is better. This is stupid.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
We cant said X Ship is better than Y Ship. All have own conclusion so don't debate who is better. This is stupid.
I agree. There's just who you like more, or makes you feel better.

I'm wondering what we'll get from GaLe in the next few chapters. Gajeel's face/damage control this chapter when Levy reprimanded him about dying was pretty funny, and then after that he was cool.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't lie though, just from rereading the chapter on crunchy, that was real-life love what Levy did. I think this is the first time she's ever protected Gajeel... not counting the "air" kiss in the Tartaros arc either, that was more of saving his life. She actually is protecting this man, even if it's not the smartest idea going against the God of Death. Levy glo'd up but yo I don't think is gonna end well in the next chapter

jellalsexualll

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I ship Brandish X Dimaria and Bacchus X Cana.

Gray x Juvia
Natsu X Lucy
Jellal x Erza

Are all givens.
Right on. xD You're just like me. I ship BrandishxDimaria and BacchusxCana as well. I also ship KaguraxMillianna.

And of course those main 3. I don't mind Gajevy, but I'm not a hardcore shipper. I'm a bit bored of the Gajevy fanservice.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Did anyone realize? The more I think about it, I just realized in this arc the big 4 have their own moments. Jellal and Erza were in the same place. Natsu and Lucy vs Jacob. Gajeel and Levy is happening. They will have their peak in next chapter. And Gray x Juvia is coming. Really look forward to Gajeel x Levy and Gray x Juvia!

Elfman and Evergreen had only a little panel in Magnolia Defensive Battle. Happy didn't even know that Carla was in bad shape in Hargeon. Also, my OTP, Laxus x Mira, they are separated. If Mira knew that Laxus was in bad shape, she would definitely be so worried :(