Wanted: Artist - Need Manga Artist | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Wanted: Artist Need Manga Artist

DreamEaterHiro

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, i'm looking for an artist that is willing to work together with me and create a Manga. I'm no professional writer I just want someone who can draw manga style pretty well, it doesn't have to be perfect though. And though it's not going to be paid work you will be credited for the illustrations. I'm mainly doing it for fun and to possibly self publish. But I can't promise anything. I can only promise that you will be credited and recognized for your work. Also i'm looking for someone who is as serious about this as I am. We can still have fun doing it I just want to be able to work on it efficiently and if possible on an almost daily basis.

Last edited:

Yoshio.R

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hey there Hiro !!Im on the same boat .I'm fairly good at drawing , and I was wondering if your still looking for someone ?i just bought a stylus and I amstill gettingused to it.I would be happy if we could collaborate using your writing as the foundation .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
would also like to know what kind genre of manga you enjoy so I can get a fair idea of what I will be working with(Im into all sorts that include good humour and intresting plot )

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Yoshio, we would love to see your art.

Yoshio.R

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yoshio, we would love to see your art.
here is a video of one of my sketch's I'm still getting use to the concept of digital art and manga structure

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
That's an original picture you drew?

That's extremely good. Well, it's hard to really see, but it looks extremely good. You don't have anything clearer?

Yoshio.R

Reaction score
Country
Australia
how do I attach photos to the comments D:

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
just go to imgur.com and upload it, and then post the link here.

Yoshio.R

Reaction score
Country
Australia
here from spice and wolf
kaneki

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
correct me if I'm wrong, but these don't seem to be original works, right?

do you have anything you drew on your own?

Yoshio.R

Reaction score
Country
Australia
no sorry.Thats probably why I'm on this site ,to find an amateur writer of some sort and thus developing my skills as we progress further into making manga.I lack original works ,but I can pretty much draw a detailed character/scene if I had some material to work with .>_> If you give a baisic description of a character ,ill draw it and link it to you

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
That's completely fine man, if you already have the skills to draw like this, you can try by looking up reference figures, and then "dressing them up" as a character you know (or an original character), so the path to start drawing your own stuff isn't that scary, it's only one step ahead of this.

Anyway, good luck with your quest. I'm an artist myself, I'm not looking for an artist, I was just interested. I hope OP responds to you and that you two make great works together.

Yoshio.R

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks Dr.Apollo for the advice

DreamEaterHiro

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey there Hiro !!Im on the same boat .I'm fairly good at drawing , and I was wondering if your still looking for someone ?i just bought a stylus and I amstill gettingused to it.I would be happy if we could collaborate using your writing as the foundation .
would also like to know what kind genre of manga you enjoy so I can get a fair idea of what I will be working with(Im into all sorts that include good humour and intresting plot )
Thanks Yoshio for the reply. None of my writing is set in stone so far just some practice scenes and concepts. But i'd be more than happy to send you a scene that you can draw out. I'll send you a message on this site so we can talk further.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
That's completely fine man, if you already have the skills to draw like this, you can try by looking up reference figures, and then "dressing them up" as a character you know (or an original character), so the path to start drawing your own stuff isn't that scary, it's only one step ahead of this.

Anyway, good luck with your quest. I'm an artist myself, I'm not looking for an artist, I was just interested. I hope OP responds to you and that you two make great works together.
Hey, Dr. Apollo, it may just be a shot in the dark but but since your like the only on i see thats on here quite frequently do you by chance know of any amateur artists looking to partner with a amateur writer to create a manga? Just figured i'd ask. I was discussing some stuff with Yoshio for a few days after he posted on my thread but then he just stopped messaging me all together like he just fell off the face of the earth.

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Nah, sorry. I would offer myself, but I'm very picky and I also don't even have time for my own projects and my project with my partner. I actually abandoned it altogether temporarily, busy with school and a lot of things.

It's very hard to find an artist because anyone can come up with a story, but drawing requires an extraordinary amount of time and effort, both to become good and also to draw the manga itself. It's a much more difficult commitment to make. Most artists who are good enough would not be willing to put in the effort to work with a stranger online, and most people who have been doing this for a while ("this" being looking to make manga online with people) have already seen so many poor writers that they lost the desire to check out every single person that posts here. I used to really listen to every idea, but... most of it is just shit.

My art isn't the best either, of course, and I'm a total pain in the ass to work with, so it's not really like I'm a victim here. But yeah, all I wanted to say is that it's pretty hard to find someone, so I don't imagine you'll have much luck. If you keep checking back here every day, there'll probably be a post once every few months by an artist.

If you're interested in sharing story ideas or just advice/criticism for each other, you can message me, but that's about it.

bellyjelly4

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Hello, i'm looking for an artist that is willing to work together with me and create a Manga. I'm no professional writer I just want someone who can draw manga style pretty well, it doesn't have to be perfect though. And though it's not going to be paid work you will be credited for the illustrations. I'm mainly doing it for fun and to possibly self publish. But I can't promise anything. I can only promise that you will be credited and recognized for your work. Also i'm looking for someone who is as serious about this as I am. We can still have fun doing it I just want to be able to work on it efficiently and if possible on an almost daily basis.
I'll be interested but need to know what the story is about. A brief summary would do