Shounen - UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Good chapter. Yukihime is telling them to leave but I don't see Cutlass leaving Touta go, nor do I see him obeying. He should try to return to normal. Magic Cancel should solve that.

I don't see how this fight could be interrupted but if it's not Yukihime will probably lose.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The hype is real, it's the first time I see UQH chapter pics posted a Saturday.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Summary translation. There's another pic too.

I almost didn't believe the part about the sneeze when I read it but it's real :lmao. It's Negi alright :XD.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Epic chapter. Negi is the strongest now thanks to the MotB. And Karin is surprised to see Rakan, I wonder what happened to him and the others.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
They don't seem to have aged much do they? Wonder why that is...

The sneeze was hilarious too. Such a Negi thing to do.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Wow, cool chapter. It seems like the mage of the begining has taken over the old gang as a whole. I wonder why the girls seems to not have aged... that is really a shame to be honest. It implies their lives went on to be less than normal. Somehow that is a disappointment... Albireo not aging makes a lot of sense but in turn the others should by all logic be rather old, even rakan. I guess this is the work of the MOTB somehow. Really though, beating that team seems borderline impossible.... specially for the current gang.

It kinda seems like some aspects of negi's personality were adopted by the MOTB. That is a rather disturbing though...

I hope asuna shows up soon, she should be one of the stronger powers in the solar system at this point even in her advanced age.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So Yue and Nodoka became legends too, that's kinda surprising. I guess Negi is himself when he uses Master instead of Evangeline-san?

The MotB had already seen Touta's face before so I don't think he would have reacted like that. Though all of this could be an act.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, so asuna is dead.... That is a real shame. I guess the only chance to see her then will be the other one that is still sleeping.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Oh, so asuna is dead.... That is a real shame. I guess the only chance to see her then will be the other one that is still sleeping.
No she isn't dead. She is still sleeping.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
No she isn't dead. She is still sleeping.
What? There are, or were, two asunas as of negima. The one that was sleeping and the one that time traveled and got to live her life normally. Sort of. The implication this chapter would be that "asuna no longer being with them" means the one that got to time travel got old and died. Of course, the only way to bring asuna back would be through the one sleeping.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Anime confirmed.

And there will be a break till October, it'll be released monthly after the break. So Chapter 128 will be the last or penultimate chapter with 18 pages, I am not sure.
Chapter 128 spoilers.

A break at such a moment... Damn...
Great chapter. It looks like Jack and co are the real ones who have been convinced by the MotB.

When I was reading Negima I was sure that Albireo was weaker than Nagi and Jack, but he seems to be the strongest here, and they said his magic was equal to Yukihime in the previous chapter.

Maybe Akamatsu will work with the anime staff for a faithful adaptation during the break... :sad

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Nice chapter.... so there really is a break now? Just when asuna appeared... I am surprised that the gang is genuinely siding with MOTB. I guess this is negis will as well?

As for albireo, the guy is one of the bigger mysteries around, I am not surprised at all he is as strong as eva... He said he was even older than her, it wouldn't be weird at all if he was actually the strongest in the old group....
So... there is not going to be a chapter this week right?

Giga_Gaia

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anime confirmed.

And there will be a break till October, it'll be released monthly after the break. So Chapter 128 will be the last or penultimate chapter with 18 pages, I am not sure.
Chapter 128 spoilers.

A break at such a moment... Damn...
Great chapter. It looks like Jack and co are the real ones who have been convinced by the MotB.

When I was reading Negima I was sure that Albireo was weaker than Nagi and Jack, but he seems to be the strongest here, and they said his magic was equal to Yukihime in the previous chapter.

Maybe Akamatsu will work with the anime staff for a faithful adaptation during the break... :sad
When I read penultimate, I thought UQ Holder would end in 2 chapters, then I kept reading.

Was dumb of me to think so, why switch magazines if you're gonna end it in 2 chapters ... current magazine would have let him do his last 2 chapters.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's back! :pleased

Source.

More pics.
Kind of a recap of Negima from Eva's POV. Certain things we suspected have been confirmed but the last pages are what really made this chapter interesting to me. Did Yaldaboth(I will have to get used to this name) split or something?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Wow, about time. So the manga is going to be monthly from now on? There were less developments than I expected here.

Nice to start the chapter with nagi-tota comparisons. The two are indeed far more similar than negi-nagi. Tota is a happy go lucky idiot who does not seem to be suited for complex spells after all.

Albireo really is a weird character. Definitely twisted.... And one of the more mysterious characters in the series. At this point I can only speculate that he has deep connections to the MOTB considering he is even older than kitty. He has probably been a greater driving force for the plot that the MOTB. I do wonder what caused everyone to apparently switch sides though... And their agelessness is also unusual.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, interesting chapter. Always good to see asuna. No idea of where she could come from though.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter is out.
I never thought there would be gags like that in a fight against the MotB :lmao. Since it's in a dream world Touta can actually be very helpful. And there is Asuna who came from nowhere. Maybe because of Zazie or something.

At the end of this arc Ialda will probably be beaten.
Just found out that Negi's love interest has been revealed in the booklet bundled with Volume 12.

Pleasantly surprised by that :nod.