Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 137 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFOCat

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If I was a teenager (which I still kind of am) I would be reading One Piece and My Hero Academia. The only bad thing about Black Clover is it's horrid dialogue. If you don't know what they are saying the art is really cool and the story looks kinda interesting, but the dialogue... The dialogue is horrendous. Recently, I tried reading the first chapter again, and I couldn't get through the first part because the dialogue was so amateurish.

Also, why has the rainbow become synonymous with gay pride? Rainbows to me have always been a spectacle of nature, the cause of wonderment, and always gave me the sense of being fun. That's what I feel Oda means when he draws rainbows in his One Piece backgrounds. I looked at some of the previous color works of One Piece that involved rainbows and I saw nothing but a rainbow. Nothing related to gay pride. If anything is a social construct in this world it's that rainbows have become synonymous with gay pride and for some reason can no longer be associated with just plan fun.

UFOCat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasn't Gintama already in it's final arc?

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gintama will get a cover and color page next week to commemorate the beginning of the final arc.
Soma has a collab cover with Saiki and lead color next week.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasn't Gintama already in it's final arc?
No. It was said it'd end this year or next, not that it was in it's final arc.

Also, apparently Nisekoi is continuing and will have a new editor.

Weird, since the spoilers for Gintama indicate it's getting color, but the TOC says something different. Welp, I guess the spoilers can't win them all.

Oh wait, it's just getting a lead color page, and not the cover. So I guess it still might be right.

次号、最終章突入巻頭C&重大発表

Also there will be an "Important announcement". Perhaps the live action movie?

Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How in the world is Nisekoi continuing? Is it going to morph into a battle manga? They must be continuing since none of the new "successful" series have become tankubon sellers.

UFOCat

Reaction score
Country
United States
"When Raku opens the lock, suddenly everyone falls unconscious. When they wake up they realize they are in a strange land and Raku is not with them. The girls then decide to search for Raku, but then they discover that an evil warlord has kidnapped him. Will the girls be able to save Raku in time? Find out next time on Nisekoi X Hunter Z"

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Or Nisekoi Darkness, where one of the girls decides that the only way to find happiness is for all the girls to put their keys in Raku's lock, if you know what I mean. Actually, I"m not even sure I know what I mean.

No. It was said it'd end this year or next, not that it was in it's final arc.

Also, apparently Nisekoi is continuing and will have a new editor.

Weird, since the spoilers for Gintama indicate it's getting color, but the TOC says something different. Welp, I guess the spoilers can't win them all.

Oh wait, it's just getting a lead color page, and not the cover. So I guess it still might be right.

次号、最終章突入巻頭C&重大発表

Also there will be an "Important announcement". Perhaps the live action movie?
Well, Soma's getting lead color so either the spoilers meant to say center or they're doing something like that one issue of SQ a few years back when three series had lead color at once. Since the preview box mentions the Saiki thing though, I'd assume it would also mention Gintama lead color if that were a thing.

UFOCat

Reaction score
Country
United States
So is it safe to assume Mononofu's going to be cancelled?

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
They probably meant to say center. Though I'd think with a big announcement and the series heading toward the end that a lead color is more appropriate. Either way, the site I usually get these from have been right, so it's clear there will be something, at least.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty solid first rank for Takuan. Mononofu looks like it is going to die, but I still hold out hope.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty solid first rank for Takuan. Mononofu looks like it is going to die, but I still hold out hope.
I thought the internet assumes the rankings are at chapter 9. Takuan is at 6 this issue.

UFOCat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, I want Takuan to do poorly just because I know Jump can put out better material.

Kei Monri, Moue Tagamasa, please get published soon, so Jump can be more interesting!

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought the internet assumes the rankings are at chapter 9. Takuan is at 6 this issue.
Sorry, I lost track of the weeks. I haven't been reading, thought it was on chapter eight...

Galactic Tomahawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Are... Are we 100% sure the Nisekoi thing is true? (Like is that definitely what it says in the picture?)

I'm having a hard time processing this lmao.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
New Are... Are we 100% sure the Nisekoi thing is true? (Like is that definitely what it says in the picture?)
Yeah serie continue and editor change. Like editor change, mean serie will continue for a time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
468嘘バレ確認。

30号巻頭 ソーマ Cカラー 斉木・ヒロアカ
31号C?カラー 斉木
#30 :
Food Wars (Cover & Lead Color)
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan (Cover & Center Color)
My Hero Academia (Color)

#31 :
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan (Color)
--- Double Post Merged, ---

UFOCat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nobuhiro Watsuki is, apparently, working on something new.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
lol i was going to tell that bleach fan that kochikame had more chances of getting a anime then bleach.
Don't believe takuan will do badly at least at first., funny when you say they can put out better stuff.

Last edited:

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
New lol i was going to tell that bleach fan that kochikame had more chances of getting a new anime then bleach.
Look like its just a SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.