American Politics | Page 113 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
So then him shilling for whoever pays him money isn't damaging either? Cruz might never have success running for President again, but I doubt it'll do much damage to his current position. He crushed Trump in Texas. Of course, if Trump is somehow magically Ronald Reagan all over again, and Cruz is still a dick, who knows. As a man, I don't have a problem with Cruz breaking him pledge...I do however think that him speaking at the RNC despite that really rich though.
Shilling? Everyone made a pledge to support whoever wins the nomination. How is honoring your pledge to your political party, to the other candidates and to all of the voterbase shilling? I don't care about his current position, though it's been made clear many times that nobody in the senate can stand him. And it's obviously for good reasons.
How can you, "as a man", have no problems with people breaking their pledges? If a friend of yours intentionally doesn't keep his promises would he still be your friend?

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
How can you, "as a man", have no problems with people breaking their pledges? If a friend of yours intentionally doesn't keep his promises would he still be your friend?
How can you, "as a man" support someone who said your wife looks like a recovering meth addict and your father is involved in murder?
It's fucked up both way.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm seriously hoping the fixed primary doesn't cause Trump to win, that'd be absolute bullshit as much as I'd like to see Hillary lose. I don't want a republican in the office again, especially an inept one.

Would make sense. Though, she should have gone with Warren instead, tbh, unless she wants a puppet as VP.
Of course it would be bullshit for that to happen, but at the same time, the Democrats were playing a rigged game and favoritism. If it costs them the election, then the fault will be theirs for screwing with people (and the sad thing is that they have a clear path in winning the Election after Donald Trump became the nominee, but they've had to put their full support on Hillary who's quite unfavorable towards the American people).

I think she picked him because he *might* be able to get Florida (he probably has Virginia in the bag, despite Hillary's remarks on Coal Miners), which has quite a lot of Spanish-speaking citizens. The only problem is if they will win Florida (I've heard in the polls that Trump is on the lead by the skin of the teeth in some swing states like Florida).

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
How can you, "as a man" support someone who said your wife looks like a recovering meth addict and your father is involved in murder?
It's fucked up both way.
Trump says mean things, oh noes :biblethump Welp gotta stop supporting him now.

So what does that have to do with people breaking pledges? Besides, Cruz started talking shit about Trumps wife way before Trump got pissed so he shouldn't be playing a victim justifying his childish behavior by "he hurt muh feels". So, have you seen Heidi? :kappa

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Trump says mean things, oh noes :biblethump Welp gotta stop supporting him now.

So what does that have to do with people breaking pledges? Besides, Cruz started talking shit about Trumps wife way before Trump got pissed so he shouldn't be playing a victim justifying his childish behavior by "he hurt muh feels". So, have you seen Heidi? :kappa
I meant that if there was ever a reason to break a pledge, Trump's antics, especially towards Cruz, probably justifies it for me. Why would anyone cuck themselves after being made a laughing stock of? Most of these politicians, especially someone as ego-maniacal as Cruz, are incredibly prideful.

I'm not cheering Cruz on or anything, I might dislike him even more than Trump, but I think his actions are understandable, given what happened.

I don't actually recall Cruz saying anything about Melania...

And either way, Trump said he saw Cruz's speech beforehand and didn't prevent him from speaking, so it's neither here nor there, I guess.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I meant that if there was ever a reason to break a pledge, Trump's antics, especially towards Cruz, probably justifies it for me. Why would anyone cuck themselves after being made a laughing stock of? Most of these politicians, especially someone as ego-maniacal as Cruz, are incredibly prideful.

I'm not cheering Cruz on or anything, I might dislike him even more than Trump, but I think his actions are understandable, given what happened.

I don't actually recall Cruz saying anything about Melania...

And either way, Trump said he saw Cruz's speech beforehand and didn't prevent him from speaking, so it's neither here nor there, I guess.
As far as i remember, there was an ad with naked melanie which was uploaded by cruz supporters. But there is no evidence that cruz was resposnible for it.

In any case, all of the people involved in the republican race except kasich said things to each other which would make a gradeschooler feel immature.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
In any case, all of the people involved in the republican race except kasich said things to each other which would make a gradeschooler feel immature.
I think you mean "gradeschooler feel mature", but oh well. :3c
But that still doesn't change the fact that it was embarrassing and unprofessional for them.

If only we had the Roosevelts, JFK, or even Reagan (at least with Reagan, he was loved by the American people). :emocat

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
They quite are.
The people in question had no automatic guns once again.
If they had, we would not have only 9 dead.
9 Dead people are a big deal in germany because it virtually never happens.
9 Dead people in the US are a day to day thing.

That is the difference between strict and lax gun laws..
9 people dead is not a day to day thing in the US. When was the last gun incident involved 9 or more people killed here in the US, I can assure you there was not one in the past 30+ days.

Your futher post implies that it is not the gun that was at fault but eh individual being angry, as Ive stated numerous times before. People need anger management assistance not limited access to guns, especially when they have a clean slate.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
9 people dead is not a day to day thing in the US. When was the last gun incident involved 9 or more people killed here in the US, I can assure you there was not one in the past 30+ days.

Your futher post implies that it is not the gun that was at fault but eh individual being angry, as Ive stated numerous times before. People need anger management assistance not limited access to guns, especially when they have a clean slate.
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

In July alone. 32 people died in the US in massshootings.
It definitely is a day to day thing if you look at the sheer amount of cases, even if often noone is harmed. Oh and if we go past 30 days, we got 3 incidents with 4 or more. It is not a rare thing.
Compare that to germany where we had the last mass shooting in 2009.
THAT is what it means to be rare. It is rare if things like that happen less frequent than once a year. And that is not true for the US.
And almost all of the mass shootings we had were with legal guns, so if anything, we should restrict gunlaws in germany.

So just stop using false equivalencies.
You can start doing that if you have less than 10 massshootings a year.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
In July alone. 32 people died in the US in massshootings.
It definitely is a day to day thing if you look at the sheer amount of cases, even if often noone is harmed. Oh and if we go past 30 days, we got 3 incidents with 4 or more. It is not a rare thing.
you said 9 is a day to day thing, when the last major incident involving more than 9 dead was last months orlando, which is more than 30 days ago. An incident with 3 or 4 people could easily just be a gang/drug related incident.

Youre altering statements to try to fit in with your gun fearing agenda. Its not right.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
you said 9 is a day to day thing, when the last major incident involving more than 9 dead was last months orlando, which is more than 30 days ago. An incident with 3 or 4 people could easily just be a gang/drug related incident.

Youre altering statements to try to fit in with your gun fearing agenda. Its not right.
Mass shootings are a day to thing. Even incidents with 3 ppl, which you cannot argue ARE a day to day thing over there would have got a lot of attention.
Even shootings WITHOUT any dead people get attention in germany.
As i said, the last shooting with that number of victims in germany was 2009, so even more than 5 year ago, but 7.

So how can you tell me with a straight face that gunlaws don't work? They do. Even if you count the 2009 incident (which was the biggest one yet)
There were less people dead through gunshooting in the last ten years in germany than there were victims of gunshootings this month in the US.

The numbers speak a very clear language, and not mentioning that is absolutely dishonest.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
So how can you tell me with a straight face that gunlaws don't work?
Gun laws dont work, the people who are getting guns are typically people with clean records. Gun laws are impeding the common citicizen from exercising their god given right.

There were less people dead through gunshooting in the last ten years in germany than there were victims of gunshootings this month in the US.
The larger the industry the more the incidents, true or false there were more car accidents in the US than there were in Germany in the past ten years.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gun laws dont work, the people who are getting guns are typically people with clean records. Gun laws are impeding the common citicizen from exercising their god given right.

The larger the industry the more the incidents, true or false there were more car accidents in the US than there were in Germany in the past ten years.
Gun laws do work, you can see that because nations which forbid guns completely (at least western antions) have almost no incidents like that while the US has them.
Germany is not a small country. The US has 33mio citizen, germany has 80, which means you are roughly 4 times our size.
Now let's multiply germanys incidents in the last ten years by 4. We get 120 dead people then and the US needs roughly 4 month instead one to reach that number.
How does that change anything in my reasoning? Even if you take it into account, your gun victims are insanely more numerous.
And that's only massshootings. There are even far more people dying due to general gun violence because their partner shoots them down.
You will say that you can kill your partner or anything else with other weapons when you get angry, too, but guns make that hell of a lot easier.

But let's stay with mass shootings. I ask once again: you got the numbers of dead people in 4 month which takes germany more than ten years (even after equaling out the inhabitants) , and you tell me with a straight face that gunlaws dont work.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
As far as i remember, there was an ad with naked melanie which was uploaded by cruz supporters. But there is no evidence that cruz was resposnible for it.
It was a Cruz SuperPAC, now that I recall. Either way, I don't think it's necessarily an equivalent thing.

Wtf is this nonsense really? Day to day is clearly hyperbole....but is it somehow less of a problem if it's technically week to week or month to month? It still happens way too frequently.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Gun laws don't work in the country because they're not good enough or being reinforced the way they should be. If it was properly reinforced and improved, fewer bad people would get guns. It's also not a "god given right" to own a gun, especially since guns did not exist until millions of years after humans evolved. It's a privilege to own a gun, not a right, and not everyone has the privilege to own one. People who think otherwise are the reason why so many lives are lost.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also note that the reasons why "gun-free zones" are "sitting ducks" is probably because of the lack of security. Places such as schools or even movie theaters have little to no security, which really makes me sick to my stomach whenever I think of some asshat going into a school and spraying bullets to defenseless children (it also didn't help when tin-foiled nutjobs saying shit like "Sandyhook is stage", which makes me want to punch their crooked teeth down their throats). It's messed up that we need cops in schools, but it is what it is.
Designated areas may need the spare money to spend on extra security, but if it means saving at least 1 person from getting killed, then it may be worth the spending.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It's a privilege to own a gun, not a right, and not everyone has the privilege to own one. People who think otherwise are the reason why so many lives are lost.
Uhhh, not really. The Second Amendment says that it's a right. Of course, more laws and restrictions/qualifications can be added as long as the Supreme Court wouldn't rule them unconstitutional. And there are of course reasons why the right to own a gun is stripped of an individual.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
That's a law made up in a different era, where I'm sure the lawmakers did not think of more powerful weapons being in existence at the time. We don't need to own anything bigger than a handgun, at best.

I wonder if Bernie knew about the democrats working against him and still supported Hillary anyway. Goes to show how scared he is of Trump becoming a president.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubt he knows about such shameless tactic if you ask me. Granted, I'm sure he would still endorse Hillary, but I don't know how he'll react after Debbie and the Democratic Party's huge middle finger to both Sanders and the people.

I should probably get ready for a 4 year Trump Presidency, unless he somehow gets impeached by some stupid shit (or maybe some next-level of Watergate). I guess the least Donald will do is thank Debbie and the Party for paving the road for him.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Doubt he knows about such shameless tactic if you ask me. Granted, I'm sure he would still endorse Hillary, but I don't know how he'll react after Debbie and the Democratic Party's huge middle finger to both Sanders and the people.

I should probably get ready for a 4 year Trump Presidency, unless he somehow gets impeached by some stupid shit (or maybe some next-level of Watergate). I guess the least Donald will do is thank Debbie and the Party for paving the road for him.
Didn't Bernie keep saying the primary was rigged or something, though? I think he pointed out how Hillary/democrats tried to make it harder for possible Bernie supporters to vote. He probably saw this coming.

Trump supporters are crazy, so if he gets impeached, I can see the supporters rioting.