Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 137 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
August didn't throw a knife at anyone, obviously you know nothing about the story because Jacob did it.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/477/22 This panel show cases Natsus durability.
That was a typo, don't say I don't know anything about the story when I know tons more of it than you.

NATSU LITERALLY MELTS THE KNIFE BEFORE IT HITS HIS SKIN. No wonder you're wrong about most things if you can't even see scans clearly.

EDIT: This is what happens when I type quickly too many fuck ups.

Last edited:

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If Glidartz defeats God Serena null, low or even mid diff, that's gonna be asspull. Continent strongest declared mage, in his prime, with enough MP to scare anyone, with 8 different types of DS magic at a very high level, enough to subjugate the 4 supposedly strongest mages in the continent after him + the main cast, is fodderized by a man without an arm and a leg, in his 50s? Hard to believe Glidartz progress in one year puts him SOOOOOOOOOO above Ishgar's strongest... If we go by logic, Glidartz should win extreme difficulty, if at all.
Come on now, Natsu, Gray and the rest of the crew were hardly phased. You say it as if Serena had them beat. Though I agree with your general point.

Whose mind can you read you arrogant fool.
LMAO.

Are we comparing paper the size of an island to a cube of steel? Is Makarov that weak that his durability is too?
Dude, replace the the iron with steel and the tree bark with iron in my example, it makes no difference. The steel is more durable despite having a far inferior size. Both are durable objects.

I am someone else when I am debating. You already stated that you don't care how harsh I've come out, but I take responsibility for my words and actions. I'm sorry for being harsh. I cleaned it up a bit again. I gotta learn to control myself. I'm overflowing with harshness that it comes out on its own. The same way Gildarts is overflowing with power that he can't control it. Just kidding about the Gildarts analogy, but not the apology. I can be an ass sometimes.
Its your apologies that piss me off mate. Please stop, and I say that on behalf of everyone you have and will debate.

What there should chance? Dimaria should be above Igneel-Powered Natsu LOL.
Na.

And Neinhart should at least be in the top 10 now.
Depends, does Historia work on himself? Not really sure about that.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Come on now, Natsu, Gray and the rest of the crew were hardly phased. You say it as if Serena had them beat. Though I agree with your general point.
While you're clearly right, you should also note that Natsu didn't use a counterattack against GS's attacks, Gray didn't freeze them, Erza didn't cut through them. What's the reason of taking an attack if you can actually defend from it?...

Ofc, I'm by no means implying God Serena was actually hurting them to the extreme, or was about to kill them, no, they were clearly showing gag faces, but the truth is that they were overwhelmed by the attacks. For whatever reason, they could do nothing to defend from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I was of the team "I think the knife pierced". Then with your arguments guys I took a closer look and I saw it actually melted. But, again, @Woodenstool shouldn't be taken too seriously... don't get too worked up.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was of the team "I think the knife pierced". Then with your arguments guys I took a closer look and I saw it actually melted. But, again, @Woodenstool shouldn't be taken too seriously... don't get too worked up.
How did Natsu melt knife in mid air? It clearly hit his arm and started to melt, if it didn't hit his arm and you claim he melted it before it did then why is it still melting? Do knifes just float in mid air? You're clearly don't understand the rules of logic, things don't just float in thin air bud.

"Hes biased and disrespectful and doesn't make a good counter argument"

I back up everything I say with concrete evidence while you say he was off guard. August has a low durability, panels showcase everything. Gildarts is the strongest mage in this universe without a doubt unless Bradman somehow use anti magic barrier particles. Which I doubt will ever happen considering Gray can mop the floor with that guy with his Devil Slayer Magic.

1.Mavis 2. Acnologia 3. Zeref 4.Dimaria 5. Gildarts

I literally just refuted all of your arguments.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yes the knife did hit him but by the time it actually made contact the heat from his body had made it so soft that it didn't do any damage at all. Nothing to do with durability.
Natsu did not melt it instantaneously as the blade is still in his arm.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
How did Natsu melt knife in mid air? It clearly hit his arm and started to melt, if it didn't hit his arm and you claim he melted it before it did then why is it still melting? Do knifes just float in mid air? You're clearly don't understand the rules of logic, things don't just float in thin air bud.

"Hes biased and disrespectful and doesn't make a good counter argument"

I back up everything I say with concrete evidence while you say he was off guard. August has a low durability, panels showcase everything. Gildarts is the strongest mage in this universe without a doubt unless Bradman somehow use anti magic barrier particles. Which I doubt will ever happen considering Gray can mop the floor with that guy with his Devil Slayer Magic.

Simply having the tip of a knife melted won't stop from going through the air. The knife was melted and dropped when hitting Natsu's hand so all you proved was that an edgeless knife can't hurt Natsu........You suck at debating and refuted nothing.

Being off guard is a valid argument and you just can't refute it so you cry about and try and name call when people have you beat. And the fact you think Mavis is the strongest in the verse :lmao :lmao

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
There is no injury nor blood only melted metal dripping so no, it didn't get to pierce him, the moment it touches his skin it automatically begins to melt. Also I suggest that you try to give your arguments without bashing other people's. Like, "you clearly don't understand the rules of logic". This only makes you look like a fool who cannot properly defend his arguments and he has to resort to bashing/downgrading others.

I back up everything I say with concrete evidence
No, you clearly DO NOT, you use the feats that suit you best, you make them up, and you throw them as if they automatically outweigh anyone's arguments when they don't. Worst part: you believed you've dropped a bomb, as if your argument is super 100% right, when they're straight ludicrous...

August has a low durability, panels showcase everything.
August has unknown durability. And please, don't bring the Brandish 'feat'... ugh... you're so predictable u.u

Gildarts is the strongest mage in this universe without a doubt
Thank you for making me smile :P you're funny...! I hope you didn't mean that!

unless Bradman somehow use anti magic barrier particles.
So you bring Bradman as the 'only' person who could take down 'the strongest mage in this universe without a doubt' (aka Glidartz) but not Acnologia xDD

Which I doubt will ever happen considering Gray can mop the floor with that guy with his Devil Slayer Magic.
Then Gray can defeat 'the strongest mage in this universe without a doubt'? or is it just that he has the advantage for being a DeS?

Uuuhhhh... Wasn't Glidartz number 1? Also, Mavis was instafrozen by Invel + she's featless. You're the one who boasts about defending everything with feats and so on... Show me Mavis' feats...

Also, show me feats why Dimaria is above Irene or August. Ah, wait, you can't. Because they can't be compared just yet. But we do have hype and portrayal.

I literally laughed when I read your 'refusals'. Like, you should've seen me through my webcam hehe.

There's too much smoke to tell what's going on. Well, no... that smoke proves the knife was melting as it reached his arm.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Simply having the tip of a knife melted won't stop from going through the air. The knife was melted and dropped when hitting Natsu's hand so all you proved was that an edgeless knife can't hurt Natsu........You suck at debating and refuted nothing.

Being off guard is a valid argument and you just can't refute it so you cry about and try and name call when people have you beat. And the fact you think Mavis is the strongest in the verse :lmao :lmao
Gildarts was caught off guard by Natsu and still blocked his attack. Two things came out of that panel of August vs Brandish. He slows as hell and caught react to anything and he had a knife go through him. Natsus roar on bluenotestinger had more power than a knife and he wasn't turned into a skeleton. Why? because his body is durable to maintain the blast.

Knifes would not go through any strong characters. Mard Geers nuke is stronger than a knife, what more do you need as evidence? August got trashed, he even saw the knife was like "mhm" and still didn't react. He is super powerful in terms in magic power but not when it comes to durability. High magic power does not equal higher durability for all characters.

This is why August is low on the list despite him being the strongest among the 12.
There is no injury nor blood only melted metal dripping so no, it didn't get to pierce him, the moment it touches his skin it automatically begins to melt. Also I suggest that you try to give your arguments without bashing other people's. Like, "you clearly don't understand the rules of logic". This only makes you look like a fool who cannot properly defend his arguments and he has to resort to bashing/downgrading others.

No, you clearly DO NOT, you use the feats that suit you best, you make them up, and you throw them as if they automatically outweigh anyone's arguments when they don't. Worst part: you believed you've dropped a bomb, as if your argument is super 100% right, when they're straight ludicrous...

August has unknown durability. And please, don't bring the Brandish 'feat'... ugh... you're so predictable u.u

Thank you for making me smile :P you're funny...! I hope you didn't mean that!

So you bring Bradman as the 'only' person who could take down 'the strongest mage in this universe without a doubt' (aka Glidartz) but not Acnologia xDD

Then Gray can defeat 'the strongest mage in this universe without a doubt'? or is it just that he has the advantage for being a DeS?

Uuuhhhh... Wasn't Glidartz number 1? Also, Mavis was instafrozen by Invel + she's featless. You're the one who boasts about defending everything with feats and so on... Show me Mavis' feats...

Also, show me feats why Dimaria is above Irene or August. Ah, wait, you can't. Because they can't be compared just yet. But we do have hype and portrayal.

I literally laughed when I read your 'refusals'. Like, you should've seen me through my webcam hehe.

There's too much smoke to tell what's going on. Well, no... that smoke proves the knife was melting as it reached his arm.
"Too much smoke" Are you trying to hide facts?
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/477/21 >AKA evidence.

Gray defeating Bradman doesn't mean hes stronger than Gildarts because he can't do it. Bradman is untouchable because of his MBP and Gray is the only one. Gray would put up more of a fight to Bradman than Irene or August. Dimaria can literally stop time and kill her opponents, Mavis has unlimited magic which ranks her above all. High magic power doesn't mean she has high reactions.

Everything you said was refuted. eZ

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Gildarts was caught off guard by Natsu and still blocked his attack.
They were pretty much fighting already so... not off guard. Besides August was attacked by a COLLEAGUE so he 100% didn't expect that.

Two things came out of that panel of August vs Brandish. He slows as hell and caught react to anything and he had a knife go through him.
The moment August has a real fight you're gonna eat your words...

Natsus roar on bluenotestinger had more power than a knife and he wasn't turned into a skeleton. Why? because his body is durable to maintain the blast.
Brandish piercing August is not a feat so don't compare it to real feats. Also the mechanism of action of a bladed weapon piercing through skin and flames burning skins is 100% different so they are not possibly comparable. How can you even compare the durability of a WS tier to a top Spriggan tier? August is like 5-6 tiers above Bluenote.

Knifes would not go through any strong characters.
Proof?

Mard Geers nuke is stronger than a knife, what more do you need as evidence?
Different kinds of attacks, now why bring up MG?

August got trashed, he even saw the knife was like "mhm" and still didn't react.
So if he did see the knife, he's not that slow hehehe. Anyway he didn't see Brandish stabbing him coming, as you wouldn't see your mum stabbing you coming.

He is super powerful in terms in magic power but not when it comes to durability. High magic power does not equal higher durability for all characters.
That's the only thing you've ever said that I agree wtih. Yeah, raw MP =/= Cqc feats (attack, durability, endurance, movement speed, reaction speed, etc.). Did you look at August's physique? He's clearly a cqc user as well. You'll see when he gets a fight.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
"Too much smoke" Are you trying to hide facts?
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/477/21 >AKA evidence.
Sorry what evidence?

You're a joke,
you're cute

Gray defeating Bradman doesn't mean hes stronger than Gildarts because he can't do it. Bradman is untouchable because of his MBP and Gray is the only one. Gray would put up more of a fight to Bradman
Can't believe it... I agree with you... I must be sick or something... *taking his temperature*

than Irene or August.
We don't know that do we?

Mavis has unlimited magic which ranks her above all.
You're the one who just said MP =/= being stronger. Mavis was instafrozen by Invel, how can you claim she's the strongest in the verse? Do you see how ridiculous it is? If Invel had wanted so, he'd just have killed her. Do you realize that?

Everything you said was refuted. eZ
You're seriously funny... You don't notice you haven't refuted a single comment from anyone in this forum do you?

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lmao August has like the best abs in the entire series, there's no way he can't do cqc XD
Thats not even a proper counter argument, please leave. Abs dont = fighting skills. lol wow.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats not even a proper counter argument, please leave. Abs dont = fighting skills. lol wow.
Having a perfect six pack most definitely implies that August is capable of physical fighting. I don't see why this is so hard for you to understand. Do you even know how muscles are developed?

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Gildarts was caught off guard by Natsu and still blocked his attack. Two things came out of that panel of August vs Brandish. He slows as hell and caught react to anything and he had a knife go through him. Natsus roar on bluenotestinger had more power than a knife and he wasn't turned into a skeleton. Why? because his body is durable to maintain the blast.

Knifes would not go through any strong characters. Mard Geers nuke is stronger than a knife, what more do you need as evidence? August got trashed, he even saw the knife was like "mhm" and still didn't react. He is super powerful in terms in magic power but not when it comes to durability. High magic power does not equal higher durability for all characters.
You are literally comparing a GAG SCENE WHERE KID NATSU attacks Gildarts with Brandish attacking August. Stop reaching you're only making yourself look worse. How is he slow, being CAUGHT OFF GUARD DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE SLOW? Brandish manipulated that knife's mass and August was still okay, and you're comparing to an on guard Bluenote to August why?

Knives can and will go through strong character if they're caught off guard and you have yet to prove otherwise. You really suck at this.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
You are literally comparing a GAG SCENE WHERE KID NATSU attacks Gildarts with Brandish attacking August. Stop reaching you're only making yourself look worse. How is he slow, being CAUGHT OFF GUARD DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE SLOW? Brandish manipulated that knife's mass and August was still okay, and you're comparing to an on guard Bluenote to August why?

Knives can and will go through strong character if they're caught off guard and you have yet to prove otherwise. You really suck at this.
You know nothing about the story, Natsu surprised Gildarts when they were fighting for the S rank. He wasn't off guard like what the hell kid. He saw the knife and didn't bother to react, if he was as powerful as he people hype him up to be then he would've been able to stop it from reaching him. He's slow and making your sentences caps doesn't make it any more powerful lol.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/402/6 > Mard Geer was completely off guard when Natsu kicked his face. Natsu fire kick was more power than a knife.

August didn't react point blank, got rekt. Gildart reacted point blank and blocked. Cased closed.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know nothing about the story, Natsu surprised Gildarts when they were fighting for the S rank. He wasn't off guard like what the hell kid. He saw the knife and didn't bother to react, if he was as powerful as he people hype him up to be then he would've been able to stop it from reaching him. He's slow and making your sentences caps doesn't make it any more powerful lol.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/402/6 > Mard Geer was completely off guard when Natsu kicked his face. Natsu fire kick was more power than a knife.

August didn't react point blank, got rekt. Gildart reacted point blank and blocked. Cased closed.
August didn't react to a completely unexpected attack from someone who was on his side.

Gildarts reacted to an attack from someone who he had been fighting for the past couple of minutes whos attack was so slow that he had time to yell out the entire attack name before he launched it.

Completely different.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

I know nothing about the story? I know more than you, Gildarts was never off guard when fighting Natsu. Gildarts knew Natsu was going to fight him the second he appeared in Gildarts' section, heck there was no part in the fight when Gildarts was caught off guard but you probably knew that but still resorted to making shit up.

Mard Geer was surprised not off guard, nor is Natsu's kick fire stronger than Brandish's stab.

August didn't react because he didn't expect Brandish to stab him, Gildarts was on guard. You're bad at this concede because you're just wasting my time.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ofc, I'm by no means implying God Serena was actually hurting them to the extreme, or was about to kill them, no, they were clearly showing gag faces, but the truth is that they were overwhelmed by the attacks. For whatever reason, they could do nothing to defend from them.
They didn't fight back. At best you could say they were temporarily overwhelmed, but its nothing they couldn't have countered. Natsus basic roar is more powerful then the fire/water combo combined based on the fact tht it KO'd Bluenote while Serenas attacks barely damaged Juvia.

Steel and iron are both are durable objects. Make a point. "Lmao" does not prove anything. Sorry to break it to you.
Man literally can't comprehend my argument, and insults my ability to debate for it. My debating skills don't correspond to your ability to comprehend. Lets evaluate my argument and your retort.

Argument Part one:

Laxus/Gajeel and Makarovs relationship in regards to durability is as follows. Laxus is like a thin iron wall while Makarov is like a thick line of bark. Iron is more durable, but if you have a means to break it then it would take less time due to its smaller area in comparison to the bark.

Firepower counter-argument part one:

This comparison doesn't make sense, is Makarov so fragile that he is being compared to a feather? Really?

Argument Part deux:

You did not understand but fine. Laxus/Gajeel and Makarovs relationship in regards to durability is as follows. Laxus is like a thin steel wall while Makarov is like a thick iron wall. Steel is more durable, but if you have a means to break it then it would take less time due to its smaller area in comparison to the iron.

Firepower counter-argument part deux:

Both Iron and Steel are durable objects. Get on my level.

LMAO bruh, keep breaking it down. I was expecting you to reply with your same counter argument that you've been making for the past few pages (Makarov is big = Makarov more durable then anything else) so I did not have to respond back, but instead you gave me this. I'll keep it coming if you keep giving something worth responding too. And I did say I don't care about aggressive posts, but your latest one is straight up Ad Hominem which I said I would NOT tolerate, hence I will ridicule your arguments until you stop posting them. If you can't make a counter-argument worth a damn, at least have the decency of not running your mouth.

btw I said LMAO because your insult was cheese straight out of a bad movie, it was not some sort of counter-argument lol.

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
She's also above Erza which I think is also wrong.
No, not quite actually, Mira's feats in this arc are better than Erza's by a long shot, she took on two opponents who were supposed to fight 6 S-class wizards with ease, and I think Mirajane Alegria is stronger than Nakagami Armor Erza

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
No, not quite actually, Mira's feats in this arc are better than Erza's by a long shot, she took on two opponents who were supposed to fight 6 S-class wizards with ease, and I think Mirajane Alegria is stronger than Nakagami Armor Erza
There's no way I can rank fighting 2 fodders over fighting Ajeel.

Tbh the level of Mirajane being overrated is proven by her being viewed above Neinhart, in my eyes at least. Can she solo a Spriggan and be better than Erza? Perhaps she can/is. But from her current feats I don't find it acceptable to make that claim.