Discussion - Escanor | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Escanor

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
So apparently there's a Q&A about Escanor answered by Escanor in the second fanbook, according to coffin of eternal darkness on tumblr.

I'd like to read that, maybe it contains some new information about Escanor.

Escanorzoldyck

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So apparently there's a Q&A about Escanor answered by Escanor in the second fanbook, according to coffin of eternal darkness on tumblr.

I'd like to read that, maybe it contains some new information about Escanor.
Oh i posted it in the official fanbook thread if you want

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Oh i posted it in the official fanbook thread if you want
Oh seems I missed that, I'll post it here as well if you don't mind
Escanor Q&A
Q: “Has there ever been someone where Escanor thought „I can’t win against them“?”
Escanor: “Do you really think there was one?”

Q: “The person I like doesn’t notice me, what should I do?”
Escanor: “Write a poem”

Q: “What are Escanor’s hobbies?”
Escanor: “Call me Lord Escanor”

Q: “I do 20 push-ups every day, can I someday become as strong as Escanor?”
Escanor: “That’s impossible, give it up. That’s absurd”

Q: “I recently had a fight with my friend and I want to make up but I don’t know how I should do it…”
Escanor: “Say you’re sorry”
Lol, how proud can he be? :lmao

I love it!

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Escanor isn't gonna lose fairly in this arc. It'd be so anti climatic to have him lose after literally smoking the two strongest commandments. If they fight him at night, then thats just way too convenient and cheap.
It would be an interesting way to kick off the 3rd arc if Escanor did in fact lose though... maybe to the demon king if he got revived and took Meliodas's emotions? Or maybe we will actually get a fight between Escanor and Mel if he loses his mind again and that ends up in a draw of some sorts, leaving both of them in a bad state?
I mean, if Meliodas rejoins the ten commandments as their "leader" i would bet that their threat level would increase exponentially and they would probably no longer get beaten by Escanor because they would know when to attack, thanks to Mel's knowledge of his ability. But, i would like to see Escanor lose... because the likelihood that he will fight that opponent again, later on down the line is quite high!

LivewireToriko

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
It would be an interesting way to kick off the 3rd arc if Escanor did in fact lose though... maybe to the demon king if he got revived and took Meliodas's emotions? Or maybe we will actually get a fight between Escanor and Mel if he loses his mind again and that ends up in a draw of some sorts, leaving both of them in a bad state?
I mean, if Meliodas rejoins the ten commandments as their "leader" i would bet that their threat level would increase exponentially and they would probably no longer get beaten by Escanor because they would know when to attack, thanks to Mel's knowledge of his ability. But, i would like to see Escanor lose... because the likelihood that he will fight that opponent again, later on down the line is quite high!
I really don't think Nakaba intends for Escanor to ever lose a fight straight up honestly.

The worst that can happen is that he gets trolled by some special ability like a commandment, that one of the goddesses has.

Or a sucker punch by someone else interfering while he's about to win.

Or something like that.

Even in the recently released databook Nakaba wrote that Escanor has never met a person that he thought he couldn't defeat.

The man just oneshotted two of the demon kings sons together.

I can't picture him losing straight up in a 1 vs. 1 without some sort of major asspull at this point, or the other person being stupidly hax.

Unless it's against the demon king himself.

Last edited:

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really don't think Nakaba intends for Escanor to ever lose a fight straight up honestly.

The worst that can happen is that he gets trolled by some special ability like a commandment, that one of the goddesses has.

Or a sucker punch by someone else interfering while he's about to win.

Or something like that.

Even in the recently released databook Nakaba wrote that Escanor has never met a person that he thought he couldn't defeat.

The man just oneshotted two of the demon kings sons together.

I can't picture him losing straight up in a 1 vs. 1 without some sort of major asspull at this point, or the other person being stupidly hax.

Unless it's against the demon king himself.
Well then, i suppose a lot of people want to see Escanor vs the Demon King then!
Unless Zeldris comes back and his ability "god" is super hax!
I do also get the feeling that Escanor is not going to be beaten as of yet and when he does it will likely be down to either a hax ability or someone showing up whilst he is weakened.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Realistically speaking escanor loosing in a battle of "power" is not a real possibility. Escanor has the actual power of the sun on his side. What we have seen is merely his power while he is holding back. Rhitta's purpose seems to be suppressing escanor's power. Escanor himself seems to also actively suppress his power as much as he can as he fights. And he could beat estarosa by merely suppressing less of his power a full half hour before noon. And it does not seem like rhitta is merely a hindrance to escanor. Seeing how he performed against dolor and gloxinia, the guy is clearly able to summon rhitta's power as well, so it works by suppressing escanor's power but it can also amplify it at will. Basically, at his absolute best escanor will simply push himself to the very limit, which should be far more power than he has shown so far and also add the power which rhitta absorbs to that, which seems to be at least enough to match a commandment. In other words, we have seen nothing yet. Now, there are other factors that should come into play here. Personally I think eventually we will see a fight in which escanor fights past noon, perhaps close to the sunset which severely cripples him even when exerting himself. Escanor is useless after sunset and before sunrise after all. There are abilities which should work on him for that matter. The commandments can in theory work but I am less and les of a fan of that idea considering it would imply escanor showing some form of weakness. If escanor could not even fell aggression towards estarosa then I don't see him falling for anything else. Escanor is simply above something like sinning. Honestly, he wouldn't even fall for the commandment of humility if it existed. Everything escanor has said so far has proven to not be mere arrogance or pride, it has been completely justified and grounded on the objectively reality that he is spectacularly awesome. Expecting escanor to sin is like expecting the sun itself to sin.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Realistically speaking escanor loosing in a battle of "power" is not a real possibility. Escanor has the actual power of the sun on his side. What we have seen is merely his power while he is holding back. Rhitta's purpose seems to be suppressing escanor's power. Escanor himself seems to also actively suppress his power as much as he can as he fights. And he could beat estarosa by merely suppressing less of his power a full half hour before noon. And it does not seem like rhitta is merely a hindrance to escanor. Seeing how he performed against dolor and gloxinia, the guy is clearly able to summon rhitta's power as well, so it works by suppressing escanor's power but it can also amplify it at will. Basically, at his absolute best escanor will simply push himself to the very limit, which should be far more power than he has shown so far and also add the power which rhitta absorbs to that, which seems to be at least enough to match a commandment. In other words, we have seen nothing yet. Now, there are other factors that should come into play here. Personally I think eventually we will see a fight in which escanor fights past noon, perhaps close to the sunset which severely cripples him even when exerting himself. Escanor is useless after sunset and before sunrise after all. There are abilities which should work on him for that matter. The commandments can in theory work but I am less and les of a fan of that idea considering it would imply escanor showing some form of weakness. If escanor could not even fell aggression towards estarosa then I don't see him falling for anything else. Escanor is simply above something like sinning. Honestly, he wouldn't even fall for the commandment of humility if it existed. Everything escanor has said so far has proven to not be mere arrogance or pride, it has been completely justified and grounded on the objectively reality that he is spectacularly awesome. Expecting escanor to sin is like expecting the sun itself to sin.
About escanor not committing any sin i think he did
All those who call him arrogant and prideful he always responds with that's the sin of pride/that's my sin thats a hint about him committing a sin
And he only acts arrogant towards prideful people (izraf,galan,estarossa)
at vaizel festival he didnt act pridful at all against glox and dolor
I'm pretty sure he committed a very grave sin

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
About escanor not committing any sin i think he did
All those who call him arrogant and prideful he always responds with that's the sin of pride/that's my sin thats a hint about him committing a sin
And he only acts arrogant towards prideful people (izraf,galan,estarossa)
at vaizel festival he didnt act pridful at all against glox and dolor
I'm pretty sure he committed a very grave sin
You mean in regards to whatever it is that earned him his title? If escanor is consistent with the other sins then odds are that escanor is as sinless as the others so far. And whatever it is that earned him the sin is something that should have gotten him parades and praises rather than shame. And even then, escanor's "pride" has always been grounded on facts and reality.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You mean in regards to whatever it is that earned him his title? If escanor is consistent with the other sins then odds are that escanor is as sinless as the others so far. And whatever it is that earned him the sin is something that should have gotten him parades and praises rather than shame. And even then, escanor's "pride" has always been grounded on facts and reality.
Well i prefer if him gowther and merlin committed real sins

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well i prefer if him gowther and merlin committed real sins
Well, gowther is unable to feel most things so his ability to actually commit a sin is limited. He can't feel ill will or shame for the most part. There are instances of him appearing to have feelings but even then his capacity for it seems limited. As for merlin, we know for a fact that she is old enough to be the sin meliodas has known the longest, so more than 200 years at least, but not old enough to know much about demons or the commandments. With that in mind it seems like she has been preparing for the current war for hundreds of years. It's not impossible that she committed a real sin however to me it seems unlikely.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well mel committed one so why not escanor/gowther/merlin ? :)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well mel committed one so why not escanor/gowther/merlin ? :)
The sin which mel supposedly committed was the destruction of danafor. But as far as we saw there is a very real chance that when this happened everyone else in the kingdom was already dead. Fraudrin seems to have led some sort of beast army over there after all. In that regard, the destruction of danafor is not something which should be held over mel. What might be his greater sin is perhaps his past as leader of the commandments but that has not been addressed yet. And even then we have to consider a number of things. Mel being born and raised a demon, the commandment placed on him. If he was raised for it then the changes he would have to make are quite significant to put it mildly.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Well, gowther is unable to feel most things so his ability to actually commit a sin is limited. He can't feel ill will or shame for the most part. There are instances of him appearing to have feelings but even then his capacity for it seems limited. As for merlin, we know for a fact that she is old enough to be the sin meliodas has known the longest, so more than 200 years at least, but not old enough to know much about demons or the commandments. With that in mind it seems like she has been preparing for the current war for hundreds of years. It's not impossible that she committed a real sin however to me it seems unlikely.
Merlin has known Meliodas for over 3000 years since he knew Gowther when they were both a member of Ten Commandments. So since Merlin and Gowther are both members of the Sins and Meliodas knows her longest of them that can only mean she's over 3000 years old.

LivewireToriko

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
So apparently the thing Escanor finds most embarrassing about himself is his noon personality?

I imagine that it's probably pretty bad lol.

DK: Who are you?

Escanor: Me? I am the alpha, and the omega. The beginning and the end. The everlasting. The pinnacle of all living things. There is no other like me, nor will there ever be! I AM GOD!!!!!!!!!!

DK : Wha-

Escanor : KNEEL BEFORE GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Attack Name appears : SUPERNOVA

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine how he could get any worse honestly. If he's any worse he'd be a legit nutjob, killing people for looking at him the wrong way probably, and not worshipping him.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So apparently the thing Escanor finds most embarrassing about himself is his noon personality?

I imagine that it's probably pretty bad lol.

DK: Who are you?

Escanor: Me? I am the alpha, and the omega. The beginning and the end. The everlasting. The pinnacle of all living things. There is no other like me, nor will there ever be! I AM GOD!!!!!!!!!!

DK : Wha-

Escanor : KNEEL BEFORE GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Attack Name appears : SUPERNOVA

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine how he could get any worse honestly. If he's any worse he'd be a legit nutjob, killing people for looking at him the wrong way probably, and not worshipping him.
He would look like a more prideful powerful and badass celestial dragon(from one piece )

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I have a strong feeling that escanor can manipulate his magic and strength but with the condition of constant spirit and total power level.... This could be the reason why nakaba made his power level immeasurable. Well if we look back at the fight, it was clearly escanor's strength was greater than esta's. Not only that, in terms of magic, escanor's also seems way superior than esta's IMO since he couldnt even catch up with the cruel sun and took severe damage from it..... but esta's was able to engulf the cruel sun using his darkness... So, honestly its not really clear who is greater in magic... by the way u people can use physics to determine power. Since power= energy÷time, i believe that if someone exerts normal energy like ban can increase their power level by exerting high energy level of attacks in a short period of time..... as we can see galan barely could harm escanor,first because escanor was aware of it and galan's swing took time, perhaps the power of the attack was not high enough to harm escanor...... now back to escanor's cruel sun did quite a damage to estarossa cause the cruel sun contained high amount of heat energy and the time taken for the sun to heat estarossa was so little, thus the power/magic of the attack was high, thats why estarossa took quite a damage..... these are just my opinions. Feel free to correct it if you people detect any flaws in it...

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
His power level is unmeasurable because it's never a static stable number at any time during the day.

Seemingly he's suppressing it as well.

And maybe Rhitta is siphoning some of it off of him too.

That would probably be the in universe explanation.

The real explanation is that we'll most likely never get another power level reading for Escanor other than his noon form so Nakaba can make him as strong as he wants with no constraints.

Plus trying to guess his power level is pointless.

He's 15 at night. And immediately at dawn becomes stronger than Galan and upwards of 30k at the bare minimum( Gowther said 28k fake day Escanor is fodder compared to real day Escanor).

So who knows whether he gets a initial crazy boost to get him started, a steady increase, and a crazy boost to finish it. Or just a steady increase until noon. We don't know enough about sunshine to guess.
Yes that i know, at least nakaba should have gave a range of values... for u maybe its pointless but i am keen to get his range of power level. Yes nakaba did made escanor strong but escanor reaches his limit at peak. Nakaba cant manipulate escanor beyond his peak unless he gives him a power up like mel.... real power level is power level doesnt matter weither rhitta siphon it or not... by the way rhitta only stores the excess heat energy, not the power level and that shouldnt be an excuse to hide his true power level. Definitely merlin had read his peak since she have kept in touch with him all this while... to tell u honestly, escanor is being strong is the only guy that convince me why they are called the deadly sins...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yes that i know, at least nakaba should have gave a range of values... for u maybe its pointless but i am keen to get his range of power level. Yes nakaba did made escanor strong but escanor reaches his limit at peak. Nakaba cant manipulate escanor beyond his peak unless he gives him a power up like mel.... real power level is power level doesnt matter weither rhitta siphon it or not... by the way rhitta only stores the excess heat energy, not the power level and that shouldnt be an excuse to hide his true power level. Definitely merlin had read his peak since she have kept in touch with him all this while... to tell u honestly, escanor is being strong is the only guy that convince me why they are called the deadly sins...
If merlin had read his peak then his power level wouldn't be immeasurable though. Odds are that escanor's PL can keep increasing provided he so wills it and the time of the day is right.

As far as I can tell escanor's PL at any point depends on a number of things:

1.- The time of the day. Provided its daytime this is probably not the most significant factor.
2.- Rhitta. We know it absorbs and has a suppressing function when it comes to escanor's power.
3.- How much escanor holds back his power.

The last one is the single most important one when it comes to daytime.

Lets look at the few references we have regarding his power:

The first would be when he fought the vampire king, the next would be when he fought galan, then dolor and gloxinia and then estarosa. He started off the day being immensely stronger than galan considering how easily he could move rhita. We know from merlin's explanation that escanor's power increases as the day advances. However we did see a big boom when escanor's mood was fouled and he melted the castle.

Then we have his fight with galan. We saw his power increasing steadily over time.

Then the fight against gloxinia and dolor. Thinking about it it is weird that escanor was able to swing rhitta so easily considering his power level was barely above gallan. Then again perhaps holding rhitta made him stronger since he meant to release the power it had absorbed.

Then finally the fight with estarosa. The crucial part of the fight was the end when estarosa was overwhelmed. Escanor's power increased dramatically in a very short period, much faster than what we saw when he was fighting galan. What changed? Escanor later made the point that he had to exert himself. So basically escanor willed himself to increase his power at a much faster rate than before. So what does this tell us? It is extremely likely that escanor under normal circumstances holds his power back as much as he conceivably can. But even then we see his power increase at the rate we saw against galan. And when he stops holding back his power skyrockets as much as he can plausibly need. This is why escanor's power is immeasurable. Because he can at will increase it to unfathomable levels. Of course, the time of the day plays a factor as well. His power at noon without holding back is likely to vastly exceed the power we saw him use against estarosa.

Now, that is not to say escanor is invincible. Sure, his max theoretical power likely far exceeds any other being in the manga that we have seen and have yet to see. But escanor's power is highly circumstantial. It is a detriment to his own allies at large, had he fought at the capital any longer odds are that the holy knights would have burned like izraf did. If it is not an option to walk away from people then he can't use his true power either, he could conceivably be forced into a situation where he needs more power but would incinerate people if he did call it forth. And ultimately the time of the day... God knows how rapidly his power decreases after noon. Escanor at almost sunset is not necessarily completely comparable to sunrise escanor.....

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
If merlin had read his peak then his power level wouldn't be immeasurable though. Odds are that escanor's PL can keep increasing provided he so wills it and the time of the day is right.

As far as I can tell escanor's PL at any point depends on a number of things:

1.- The time of the day. Provided its daytime this is probably not the most significant factor.
2.- Rhitta. We know it absorbs and has a suppressing function when it comes to escanor's power.
3.- How much escanor holds back his power.

The last one is the single most important one when it comes to daytime.

Lets look at the few references we have regarding his power:

The first would be when he fought the vampire king, the next would be when he fought galan, then dolor and gloxinia and then estarosa. He started off the day being immensely stronger than galan considering how easily he could move rhita. We know from merlin's explanation that escanor's power increases as the day advances. However we did see a big boom when escanor's mood was fouled and he melted the castle.

Then we have his fight with galan. We saw his power increasing steadily over time.

Then the fight against gloxinia and dolor. Thinking about it it is weird that escanor was able to swing rhitta so easily considering his power level was barely above gallan. Then again perhaps holding rhitta made him stronger since he meant to release the power it had absorbed.

Then finally the fight with estarosa. The crucial part of the fight was the end when estarosa was overwhelmed. Escanor's power increased dramatically in a very short period, much faster than what we saw when he was fighting galan. What changed? Escanor later made the point that he had to exert himself. So basically escanor willed himself to increase his power at a much faster rate than before. So what does this tell us? It is extremely likely that escanor under normal circumstances holds his power back as much as he conceivably can. But even then we see his power increase at the rate we saw against galan. And when he stops holding back his power skyrockets as much as he can plausibly need. This is why escanor's power is immeasurable. Because he can at will increase it to unfathomable levels. Of course, the time of the day plays a factor as well. His power at noon without holding back is likely to vastly exceed the power we saw him use against estarosa.

Now, that is not to say escanor is invincible. Sure, his max theoretical power likely far exceeds any other being in the manga that we have seen and have yet to see. But escanor's power is highly circumstantial. It is a detriment to his own allies at large, had he fought at the capital any longer odds are that the holy knights would have burned like izraf did. If it is not an option to walk away from people then he can't use his true power either, he could conceivably be forced into a situation where he needs more power but would incinerate people if he did call it forth. And ultimately the time of the day... God knows how rapidly his power decreases after noon. Escanor at almost sunset is not necessarily completely comparable to sunrise escanor.....
Thats why i said at least nakaba should provide a range until 11:30 am.. he can hide the peak of he wants.... most of your statments are solid and true but even gowther and hawk could read his pseudo-image of the sun power level, and gowther said it was way off than his peak which means gowther roughly knows his peak power..... he might supress the heat energy using rhitta but not much power.... at least we should get a glance of it to know where he stands...