Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 208 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Black Clover will have episode anime during Anime Jump Festa.
This is great news, though like every other OVA from JUMP, I guess voice actors usually change in the tv ru nof the anime, so I hope they dont use say KENN for Dorksta in the OVA and change him in the tv version cause they did that with AssClass :(

But BLack Clover anime is the best news. I hope it gets an anime that runs as long as Naruto+shippuden+SD.

Unok

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
And there's also the fact that the studio who do the OVA won't be same studio who does the TV series (see: Hunter x Hunter, Toriko, AssClass)
From where is that "fact" coming? Was it announced? Or you are just speculating due to past examples? If it's the 2nd then see: Beelzebub.

Beelzebub got OVA in the fest, then 2-3 months later a tv anime started by same studio. So having an OVA in the fest before TV anime, doesn't guarantee it will be different studio, as TV anime may already be in the works, just not announced.

Azure Warrior

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dance vs Samon kun ... battle to the death.
Iirc this Issue contains chapter 15 of Takuan , it could very well end next week since it will have enough chapters for volume 2.
Samon kun ending the following week with enough chapters for volume 6.

Sesuji has to fill volume 8 and there 8 chapters left so, it survives.
My money is on Dance because it has the Frozen fandom on its side. :3c

I know, some of us just need to let it go.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My money is on Dance because it has the Frozen fandom on its side. :3c

I know, some of us just need to let it go.
Samon-kun placings have plummeted recently, while Sesuji is no stranger to bad placings it has survived till now because someone else always took the buck.

Honestly i think its definitely Takuan and Samon but Sesuji could be included in that package.

I think Kimetsu will stick around for a bit longer at least till volume 3 comes out

I mentioned 16 chapters but Takuan might be axed with 20 chapters too.(will wait for chapter 15 to become available to really tell)
Those two are the magic number.

Last edited:

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How is Samon-kun selling again?

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
43k-48k in a month
pretty much still at the same level from volume 2
Sesuji also sells around that area

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
43k-48k in a month
pretty much still at the same level from volume 2
Sesuji also sells around that area
Huh.
Part me of me still thinks they'll give Samon-kun some time to rise seeing how it popular it was initially.

I can see them ending Takuan and Toriko next round.
Assuming Red Sprite and Love Rush will debut worse than Samon-kun they might be fodder for it as well.
It's possible we might see the structure of Samon move from rom-com to battle though in an attempt to raise the rankings.

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
Red Sprite coming into serialization after Bleach ends clearly means that it's Bleachs replacement right? Can't wait for it to get popular also so we can have our next generation big 3 (my hero academia, Black Clover, red sprite)

Haha nah but seriously, alot of people seem to be rooting against Red Sprite because of its awful oneshot but I for one hope it does well. Would be a nice comeback once again for his series in Iron Knight to be canceled only for his next one to rebound with decent success. I also love battle shonen but that's just me

Avok

Reaction score
Country
How many chapters does Samon-kun have as of today?

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
We don't Know how many series will begin the next round , I think talk about who is gonna end except Takuan and Toriko is futile
How many chapters does Samon-kun have as of today?
Dance-bu-->64
Samon-kun-->46
Kimetsu --> 27
Takuan -->15

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Red Sprite coming into serialization after Bleach ends clearly means that it's Bleachs replacement right? Can't wait for it to get popular also so we can have our next generation big 3 (my hero academia, Black Clover, red sprite)

Haha nah but seriously, alot of people seem to be rooting against Red Sprite because of its awful oneshot but I for one hope it does well. Would be a nice comeback once again for his series in Iron Knight to be canceled only for his next one to rebound with decent success. I also love battle shonen but that's just me
I love battle shonen as much as the next person, but Red Sprite was an awful one-shot, and Iron Knight was nothing to write home about.
I'd rather the next battle shonen spot in the rankings be taken by a mangaka who deserves it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We don't Know how many series will begin the next round , I think talk about who is gonna end except Takuan and Toriko is futile

Dance-bu-->64
Samon-kun-->46
Kimetsu --> 27
Takuan -->15
I wouldn't call it futile, I think it's fun to discuss these kinds of things.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Honestly, I see Samon having fodder for a while.
Takuan, Toriko, Red Sprite, Love Rush, Straighten Up, and Toteko Whatever (assuming it will be serialized right after the GFC) are all likely to end before Samon does. That's at leas 6 serialization rounds for it to bounce back. Samon will probably at least make it to its 2nd anniversary.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vol 1 chapter 1 to 6
Vol 2 chapter 7 to 12
vol 3 chapter 13 to 21
Vol 4 chapter 22 to 30
vol 5 chapter 31 to 39
Vol 6 chapter 40 to 48

38 (22nd august) - 45
39 (29th august) - 46
40(5th of september) - 47
41(12th of sep)- 48 (Completes Volume 6)

Toriko still needs 5 chapters to fill volume 42(counting this one from Issue 39)

You will be disappointed because the fodder is actually Samon-kun ...

Love Rush and Yakusoku and Red sprite at fastest will take at least 12 issues to get cancelled and they(At least LoveRush and Yakusoku) had positive reception so its unlikely that they will fall that fast.

Toriko pacing has settled down so i don't see it going in volume 42 so 10 more weeks(on top of the 5 to fill v42) for volume 43.

Last edited:

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love battle shonen as much as the next person, but Red Sprite was an awful one-shot, and Iron Knight was nothing to write home about.
I'd rather the next battle shonen spot in the rankings be taken by a mangaka who deserves it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wouldn't call it futile, I think it's fun to discuss these kinds of things.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Honestly, I see Samon having fodder for a while.
Takuan, Toriko, Red Sprite, Love Rush, Straighten Up, and Toteko Whatever (assuming it will be serialized right after the GFC) are all likely to end before Samon does. That's at leas 6 serialization rounds for it to bounce back. Samon will probably at least make it to its 2nd anniversary.
Everyone deserves a second chance. Hell in Horikoshis case, a third

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Everyone deserves a second chance. Hell in Horikoshis case, a third
I agree to a certain extent (get the hell out of Jump, Tabata...).
Iron Knight managaka definitely has some potential (although there are other rookies out there with much more), but I just think Red Sprite is the wrong choice.

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

25. Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #1 (36,810 / 330,546)
32. One Piece #82 (31,975 / 2,363,071)
33. Nisekoi #24 (30,935 / 226,089)
35. Gintama #65 (27,772 / 235,419)
39. Toriko #40 (25,469 / 203,095)
40. Platinum End #3 (25,105 / 180,577)

Watch as they give Asta that hyperactive and annoying voice to match him in the OVA. :cheez
YAMERO!

Avok

Reaction score
Country
I don't read Toriko but people have been saying that it'll end soon for years now.

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
I agree to a certain extent (get the hell out of Jump, Tabata...).
Iron Knight managaka definitely has some potential (although there are other rookies out there with much more), but I just think Red Sprite is the wrong choice.
The factor with RS is more like World Trigger, the editor need to fix his problem and see the good thing(like jin introduction in WT or hiei in YYH) to atract people.
If the editor isn't hattori or somthing as good, I see a fast cancelation.

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Miura Tadahiro keeps making small errors/typo, and his editor lets it slide (at least twice now). Hopefully all of his mistakes will be fixed in the volume release.I suppose I let it slide since this is his first solo series. But his weekly comments + volume 2 comment talk about his addiction for VR, so to me he rushes those chapters out.

For those who read Yuragi, it's chapter 27 title's page (author mistook his character name) and the last page in chapter 23 (the bikini in the mirror and the outfit are difference).

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is great news, though like every other OVA from JUMP, I guess voice actors usually change in the tv ru nof the anime, so I hope they dont use say KENN for Dorksta in the OVA and change him in the tv version cause they did that with AssClass :(

But BLack Clover anime is the best news. I hope it gets an anime that runs as long as Naruto+shippuden+SD.
This is never gonna happen. Despite One Piece and Dragon Ball (urgh) Super all animes are "cours" now. Black Clover won't be an exception.

I don't read Toriko but people have been saying that it'll end soon for years now.
This time it's for real. All ingredientes have been reveladed and pretty much his "life's full course" is almost complete.

It's just too bad that after the Horse King arc everything pretty much went donwhill.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is never gonna happen. Despite One Piece and Dragon Ball (urgh) Super all animes are "cours" now. Black Clover won't be an exception.
Happened for WT and TwinStar.

Status
Not open for further replies.