Discussion - Spriggan 12 Magic | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
This convo on the 12s' darkness is interesting to me. Especially after hearing that Zeref trained/taught Irene how to do enchantments, so who is to say he hasn't did the same with some, if not all of the 12s,except August? This arc is centered around Mavis and Zeref, dark and light, so I'm interested in what Zeref and the 12s specific counter to Acno will be when they get FH. I would love a Ginyu Force type of nuke between all 12 of them
Well Similar was with 7 Kins and Hades but most ( maybe all :P ) of them learned they magic from books
We have Wizards that learned magic : Dragon slayers from dragons also Lyon and Gray learnt Ice-Make from best stripper in the show ( :teehee )
But we have also Wizards that inherit Magic thanks to blood : Lucy and Erza ( yeah it goes back to my theory that Irene has Requip magic Erza didn't know anything about magic until ToH so she must have inherit that one )

August learnt probably himself as you said while Dimaria probably inherit her magic thanks to blood
Irene learnt magic from Zeref ( But IMO she will also have Requip :P ) the rest ( Bloodman obviously Zeref have his hands on that:P ) are questionable for now maybe we will find out at some time ( We will probably find out about Larcade magic origins )

Also, that might be the reason Why Irene speak her Mind about Zeref and his feelings in her opinion only Darkness can beat the ultimate Darkness :XD
That Nuke seems not a possible option I think sorry :emocat
Also almost every Dark theme we saw in the manga so far Zeref was somehow involved in that :hip

Last edited:

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene learnt magic from Zeref ( But IMO she will also have Requip :P ) the rest ( Bloodman obviously Zeref have his hands on that:P ) are questionable for now maybe we will find out at some time ( We will probably find out about Larcade magic origins )
You remember how Zeref turned Mard Geer back into a book? I'm guessing Bloodman read all 10 of the books since that's how he was able to get all their curses. God Serena ate 8 lacrimas, Irene was taught by Zeref, Dimaria by Chronos, August accumulated all the magics in the world are some we know how they learned their magic. *backstories incoming* lol but foreal I feel like we'll get some sooner than later

Also, that might be the reason Why Irene speak her Mind about Zeref and his feelings in her opinion only Darkness can beat the ultimate Darkness :XD
That Nuke seems not a possible option I think sorry :emocat
Also almost every Dark theme we saw in the manga so far Zeref was somehow involved in that :hip
All plausible, maybe Zeref and 12s will mix some type of darkness magic with FH or something. FH is only an unlimited power source, it still needs to be harnessed

and if you got that boob touch then I might get a nuke :hurr

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
@Brandish do you think they are controlled by their magics?I feel some of the Spriggans are good for example Brandish so may be their magics make them evil.We already know that Zeref taught them magics.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
@Brandish do you think they are controlled by their magics?I feel some of the Spriggans are good for example Brandish so may be their magics make them evil.We already know that Zeref taught them magics.
Not really. Well from Invel's word assume darkness is just an emotional state of the heart, and when you're like that you have greater power. It doesn't really make them good or evil. It's kind of hard to think that way because it's so easy to have FT as good/light and Spriggans as evil/dark... but Invel's opinion is that darkness isn't exclusively evil.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Not really. Well from Invel's word assume darkness is just an emotional state of the heart, and when you're like that you have greater power. It doesn't really make them good or evil. It's kind of hard to think that way because it's so easy to have FT as good/light and Spriggans as evil/dark... but Invel's opinion is that darkness isn't exclusively evil.
This is good speculation.No black and white characters.All complex entity.But you made a right point there.Dark Magic definetly have atleast some influence on their characters.Neinhart and August.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Did anyone else notice this from the latest chapter? I'm not sure if I'm the only one who picked up on it:
Invel's reaction to Gray's magic is similar to Dimaria's reaction in the earlier fight against Sherria:
Dimaria thought Sherria was bluffing when she first spoke of God Slaying Magic, meaning it's not something she's encountered before since she would have recognized it on sight...does this mean magic in Ishgar is different from magic in Alvarez? Like, in terms of Lost Magic and things like that, it doesn't seem as if Lost Magic is that prevalent in Alvarez like it is in Ishgar.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dimaria thought Sherria was bluffing when she first spoke of God Slaying Magic, meaning it's not something she's encountered before since she would have recognized it on sight...does this mean magic in Ishgar is different from magic in Alvarez?
Naw fam, she was just shocked that Sherria was really using God Slaying Magic, I'm 100% positive Dimaria would know her weakness. Invel obviously knew what Devil Slayer Magic was, just surprised Gray had it while knowing its consequences. They seem to know alot of Magics in Alvarez, even Marin knew what Erza's requip was

That signature pic dope too

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
That signature pic dope too
Haha thanks! I just got it today and thought I had overused the Riruka one so this one was going to be the new change..
They seem to know alot of Magics in Alvarez, even Marin knew what Erza's requip was
Hmm, good point, although I assumed Erza's magic, Requip wasn't exactly unique in the first place since both Bisca and Alzack also use it...though you do make a good point..
Plus August knows all magic new and old so he may have shared this with some of the Spriggan 12...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
What has been bothering me is, how much MP does Irene have?
  • Juliet and Heine turned out to be Irene's black and white swords which indicates that both's MP are basically Irene's MP.
  • She exchanged some blows with Acnologia before casting Universe One. UO has altered the entire Fiore's geography, and she showed no exhaustion after that (she even stomped Fiore army at Mercurius).
  • Without taking a little break, the amount of her MP was feared by Mira and Mavis.
I find UO an unfair magic (I suppose I want her to at least show some exhaustion). Also, if someone like Irene is the second strongest in her group, just how much exactly is August's MP if he is the first strongest?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
  • Juliet and Heine turned out to be Irene's black and white swords which indicates that both's MP are basically Irene's MP.
  • She exchanged some blows with Acnologia before casting Universe One. UO has altered the entire Fiore's geography, and she showed no exhaustion after that (she even stomped Fiore army at Mercurius).
  • Without taking a little break, the amount of her MP was feared by Mira and Mavis.
I find UO an unfair magic (I suppose I want her to at least show some exhaustion). Also, if someone like Irene is the second strongest in her group, just how much exactly is August's MP if he is the first strongest?
I feel if Irene's strength is 69 then August's is 70.This is the difference.Though they are strong it still pales in comparison to Zeref.

extremebegins123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
the difference of August and Irene, according to the manga, is not so great for you to assume that he has much more magical power than her

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think when we get to Irene's level of MP, stuff like that is no bother. She and August are likely strong enough to do anything and not exhaust their MP. No Spriggan has really shown to be fatigued other than Neinhart and that was when he attempted to make 3 people at his MP level. So they're all really strong, ust that August and Irene are even more so (possibly Larcade too).

August = Irene in MP I think.

I feel if Irene's strength is 69 then August's is 70.This is the difference.Though they are strong it still pales in comparison to Zeref.
I think it's possible that Irene/August are close to Zeref's level of MP, or even equal to it. The one who is truly above all is Acnologia.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Also what do you guys think about Neinhart's Historias? What % weaker are his Historias, especially Spriggan Historias (Wall Eehto, Bloodman, and God Serena)? 5% weaker? 10% weaker? 50% weaker?

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Also what do you guys think about Neinhart's Historias? What % weaker are his Historias, especially Spriggan Historias (Wall Eehto, Bloodman, and God Serena)? 5% weaker? 10% weaker? 50% weaker?
if i have to guess the spriggans was = 50% no way rogue and Minerva is Easy diffing Wahl with 90% or 80%....

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
what @**Salty** said. Bloodman and Wall were giving Gajeel and Laxus extreme diff fight. I would say that fully powered Bloodman and Wall would beat Rogue and Minerva with mid diff at most although Minerva' magic is a b**** so she can give Wall a high diff fight. heck, she might even win. they are currently getting beat up by them.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I'd say they're about 50% weaker, if the real Bradman was fighting Rogue right now there's no way in hell that Bradman would have been pushed into his Third Seal. My question is where TF did his MBP's go?

Another factor that shows their significant power decrease is how their fights are going, Bradman was toying with Gajeel until DF and Wahl gave a nerfed Laxus an extreme-diff fight, now however they're being troubled by Rogue and Minerva.