A Fateful Encounter | Page 58 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm really slow, but step by step, I will catch up with Vinland Saga. It's a great read so far (chapter #16). Let me refresh your memories with some great pages:

The fight between Thors and Askeladd was awesome, but the death of Thors felt kinda anticimatic, dunno why. Anyway, Askeladd is a great antagonist and I hope he is still alive in the recent chapters.

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm really slow, but step by step, I will catch up with Vinland Saga. It's a great read so far (chapter #16). Let me refresh your memories with some great pages:

The fight between Thors and Askeladd was awesome, but the death of Thors felt kinda anticimatic, dunno why. Anyway, Askeladd is a great antagonist and I hope he is still alive in the recent chapters.
No worries, you're faster than Sky :kappa Glad you enjoy it though, I think the best stuff is yet to come =)

It's been too long to remember details tbh, so I don't really know what could've been anticlimatic, but I remember I wasn't disappointed. Askeladd is great indeed :zomg If he's still around who knows, I won't answer bc it takes away the tension :p

Also, it's sad to see you not being on Slack at all for like a week now :( At least never when I was there there...

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Also, it's sad to see you not being on Slack at all for like a week now :( At least never when I was there there...
You of all people put me on a level with Milly (ughhh) and then complain why I avoid slack, pfffff. I'm butthurt like a little kid who got his candy stolen. :hmph

Recently started to watch Ansatsu Kyoushitsu... Did you watch or read it? Seven episodes so far and I'm slowly losing my faith in humanity considering that it is overall well received. Is there a turning point or something?

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You of all people put me on a level with Milly (ughhh) and then complain why I avoid slack, pfffff. I'm butthurt like a little kid who got his candy stolen. :hmph

Recently started to watch Ansatsu Kyoushitsu... Did you watch or read it? Seven episodes so far and I'm slowly losing my faith in humanity considering that it is overall well received. Is there a turning point or something?
Are you really that butthurt over one joke comment...? :XD I'm sorry fort hurting you that much, I wasn't aware that Milly is such a monster to you.

That's why you shouldn't watch stuff I don't recommend :kappa It's an okay anime/manga (I read the manga and watched the anime xD), certainly not everyone's cup, and it tends to be somewhat overrated by the people who love it. There's some cool stuff later but if you feel bored or don't like it then there's nothing that could change your opinion, it remains more or less the same.

Reactions: syx

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You can never have enough fanboys :kappa

Yep, I got the right one :D

I'm not mad bc I never really cared much, tbh. The comedy is done well indeed, and we knew the story would get completely butchered anyway, so all's good I guess... xD Yoshino inside Yoshino's pants was the best part, definitely :XD
Not sure when that happened in the VN, but I guess it's not really that much of an iconic event to most japanese people, seems like a western thing (talking about Shake it now here).

And here Chihaya's route had the best action and a good story, it's kinda sad if we don't get that at all... but it's rather hard to show it as part of everyday life, it was rather easy with Shizuru and Lucia. Uh to be honest I forgot a fair chunk of the details, so I'm aware that Kotarou is way older than the rest etc but don't ask me if he fought for Gaia there or not xD

Eh we're talking an awful lot about Rewrite, but I guess even that's possible with a VN we both feel lukewarm about lol... take that as a hint :p
And yeah I'm exaggerating with calling it bullshit, but the whole final arc left me so unsatisfied and disappointed that it almost ruined the enjoyment I had with the other routes. Terra was by far the worst route in my eyes and it didn't work for me at all, so for me it was more or less "bullshit".

You always get my attention on Slack, don't you? ;)

And what a lovely mother/daughter reunion, thanks for the pic :blush

That is true. Though our love for you is infinite. <3

So how was she? I did not watch the episode yet. I hope she abused the main characters verbally.

I am a bit mad because it feels so rushed and hilariously bad in their way to create any kind of suspense. I mean it is great that we get Kagari-chan, which sure is something I did not know I wanted, but well there she is. :kappa
But she said it a lot. :'( I really like her voice actress. No wonder Kotori is one of my favorite girls. Shake it now Baby now~ Geez I want such a troll gf. x'D

Action yes, but it was Sakuya-bros route after all. Guess they decided to focus on what is important. The hilarious comedy and key-coffee.
I think he did work for Gaia (or rather was a spy of some sorts) while encountering Kagari, as he wore a suit, which he did while being a bodyguard no? Not that I am 100% sure but let's be honest. The whole story is still so much better than the bullshit we got with Charlotte. No matter how badly written Terra was.

Yeah I really do get those hints and I feel your disappointment. I do not wanna make any more excuses though. 50 horus is just something I can't afford at the moment. :/ I'd love to spend that time with a girl though... Not that this would any kind of realistic option. :XD
Enough about Rewrite, I guess. :D There is other stuff I wanna talk about but only as soon as I finished that shitload of episodes... :sigh

Do I? :kappa

You are very welcome. That is her mother, yes? :o
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Before I answer huh... sure does take you a long time :kappa

Both are good songs, but I don't love either tbh. FLOW songs never are bad, but I guess I don't love all of them :XD

Also like I told you, we already saw that OP during the second Berseria episode, so I've seen that long ago xD It looks cool indeed, ufotable never disappoints.
Oh right the article... At some point. You might have to give me the link again. ^^'
Reminds me that I hate YenPress... A few days ago Bakemonogatari Vol. 3 was listed for March 2017. Now even vol. 2 is listed for March 2017... This is so not funny. There will be a special collection of Spice and Wolf though. All 17 volumes as one big book which looks fucking awesome. 150 USD though. x___X

I really love Burn. Probably because I wanna play that game so badly... Even though I can't. :XD
Yeah I forgot that it was shown in the Anime episode first. Had not watched it at that point. Rewatched some of the Tails of Anime openings. Geez they are so damn good. I can share some if you want. :kappa

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hey, how's it going mate?:)

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey, how's it going mate?:)
Oh so you're alive... after ignoring me on Skype after I cheered you up I thought you stopped caring :pjsalt Nah, I'm half-joking :kappa How are you doing dude, good to see you here? I'm doing just fine, going to study teaching profession soon and me and Sky are considering to become roommates next year haha.

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Nuno is alive. :o
:kappa somewhat
Oh so you're alive... after ignoring me on Skype after I cheered you up I thought you stopped caring :pjsalt Nah, I'm half-joking :kappa How are you doing dude, good to see you here? I'm doing just fine, going to study teaching profession soon and me and Sky are considering to become roommates next year haha.
Ignoring you? Haha, I don't know, it just passed by kind of xD

I'm not doing half-bad really. I actually bought my first apartment a month back so I'm soon a dept whore. I move in 1st of November unless the girl that lives there gets out sooner. At this point I'm not expecting that to happen though! So that's pretty exciting to me! Other than that it's the same old life going on. Time just flies I guess xD

So you're taking your skills to the next level then with the studies? That's cool =) How long will you be studying? You and Sky becoming room mates is great though! I remember blai and I talking about that years ago when I was considering doing my MBA in Sweden, but obviously we were just all talk unlike you two? :kappa

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Depends on my future job actually... :kappa
Great to see that you still care for us... :pjsalt

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
Reaction score
Country
Norway
So if you don't get a desired job you can't move in together? Not enough income?

lol, of course I would care xD

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nah I need a reason to move to Frankfurt. Sure, nii is a big one, but I wanna work as well. :XD

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
are you playing legion?

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Ups, I still owe you a feedback regarding NGNL. :darn

Well, I was having trouble whether to rate it 8/10 or 9/10, but ended up with 9/10. It was an amazing and entertaining ride and I hope we will get another season. Granted, it had this typical weirdo and forced fanservice, but I could turn a blind eye on that, because Sora - and I only mean Sora - turned out to be a really badass MC from the getgo. His genius, speeches, confidence and ambition made this series up for me :hip.
Steph made me laugh quite a bit, especially this game was hilarious. Sometimes it felt a little bit too much how they used her almost for comedic purpose only, but that's just a minor issue. Shiro on the other hand was not interesting, rarely funny and bland most of the time. As you already expected, I fall in love with Jibril :hearts. It's so funny to see her get hyped because of curiosity and drool over everything :lmao. She is a very nice addition to the cast, it's unexplainable how someone like Sora can reject her.

Regarding the games, I think I liked all of them. Overall I consider the Shiritori game against Jibri the best. I was like this towards the end:

The chess game was sick, too. It was probably THE stepping stone which put Sora at 1st place in my character ranking. At one point, I feared that this chess game will turn into a dumb slaughter, but Sora proved me wrong. :3
The Laser-Love-Tag game was amazing and very intense. Kudos to Shiro here, it was probably the only time where she piqued my interest. Her skills with the weapon are as good as mine in CounterStrike :amuse.

Animation, colors and art = TOP!

Thank you for the recommendation.

By the way, which series I should watch next? You decide. ;)

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You should watch KonoSuba if you liked NGNL.
Syx you disappoint me. Where are the Jibril pics?!

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
You should watch KonoSuba if you liked NGNL.
Syx you disappoint me. Where are the Jibril pics?!
I will first watch the recommendations if niichan, which are:
  • No Game No Life
  • Anohana
  • Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
  • Toradora
  • Usagi Drop
  • Yahari
Then I will give Kimi ni Todoke a try, because of Erinyes. Then I might consider KonoSuba, it's already in my "plan to watch" list. :3

What the hell you are talking about? There are some Jibril pictures in my previous post.:blink

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Too many posts to answer..... :arf :arf :arf

That is true. Though our love for you is infinite. <3

So how was she? I did not watch the episode yet. I hope she abused the main characters verbally.

I am a bit mad because it feels so rushed and hilariously bad in their way to create any kind of suspense. I mean it is great that we get Kagari-chan, which sure is something I did not know I wanted, but well there she is. :kappa
But she said it a lot. :'( I really like her voice actress. No wonder Kotori is one of my favorite girls. Shake it now Baby now~ Geez I want such a troll gf. x'D

Action yes, but it was Sakuya-bros route after all. Guess they decided to focus on what is important. The hilarious comedy and key-coffee.
I think he did work for Gaia (or rather was a spy of some sorts) while encountering Kagari, as he wore a suit, which he did while being a bodyguard no? Not that I am 100% sure but let's be honest. The whole story is still so much better than the bullshit we got with Charlotte. No matter how badly written Terra was.

Yeah I really do get those hints and I feel your disappointment. I do not wanna make any more excuses though. 50 horus is just something I can't afford at the moment. :/ I'd love to spend that time with a girl though... Not that this would any kind of realistic option. :XD
Enough about Rewrite, I guess. :D There is other stuff I wanna talk about but only as soon as I finished that shitload of episodes... :sigh

Do I? :kappa

You are very welcome. That is her mother, yes? :o

Oh right the article... At some point. You might have to give me the link again. ^^'
Reminds me that I hate YenPress... A few days ago Bakemonogatari Vol. 3 was listed for March 2017. Now even vol. 2 is listed for March 2017... This is so not funny. There will be a special collection of Spice and Wolf though. All 17 volumes as one big book which looks fucking awesome. 150 USD though. x___X

I really love Burn. Probably because I wanna play that game so badly... Even though I can't. :XD
Yeah I forgot that it was shown in the Anime episode first. Had not watched it at that point. Rewatched some of the Tails of Anime openings. Geez they are so damn good. I can share some if you want. :kappa
Haha thanks, my love is infinite too ofc <3

Well I guess she did, Edna is such a nice deadpan~

lol yeah Kagari-chan is great XD Kotori is a fun troll indeed, but finding a girl like that... forget it I fear x'D

And being better than Charlotte does not mean much, Key's story were always better told in a VN format, if you ignore Clannad maybe, but I can't judge that xD But yeah, now that you mention it, I guess it was something like that with Kotarou.

You can always afford time, it's just a thing of taking priorities if you're not a workaholic who works every day until night xD So the time excuse is just pointless, in the end it comes down to the fact if you want to spend the time doing that, or if you would rather do something else. That's not me trying to push you or smth though, I'm just saying, you basically pointed it out with your girlfriend comment xD
And how about 30 hours then? :kappa

Yep, that's her mother :nod

And I don't have the link anymore, I guess there's not much point to it now anyway xD

You have enough to read dude, don't complain ;) That special edition sounds sweet, but also very expensive, yeah...

Sure, go ahead and share some :D

Ignoring you? Haha, I don't know, it just passed by kind of xD

I'm not doing half-bad really. I actually bought my first apartment a month back so I'm soon a dept whore. I move in 1st of November unless the girl that lives there gets out sooner. At this point I'm not expecting that to happen though! So that's pretty exciting to me! Other than that it's the same old life going on. Time just flies I guess xD

So you're taking your skills to the next level then with the studies? That's cool =) How long will you be studying? You and Sky becoming room mates is great though! I remember blai and I talking about that years ago when I was considering doing my MBA in Sweden, but obviously we were just all talk unlike you two? :kappa
I think I wrote you on Skype but you never responded :nah :p

Bought as in you need to pay it off for decades but then it's your own? xD Getting your own apartment sounds cool anyway, nothing beats some time alone :kappa How is it going with that... girl? Did you manage to solve it, one way or another?

3 years probably, at worst 3 and a half. It sounds insanely long tbh, but I feel like I have to do it, don't see myself working as an educator for the next 40 years.
Haha well we're serious at least, but like Sky said it depends on the circumstances. Would be cool if it works out, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed =)
Going to ask the same question as lawlett, did you return to WoW with Legion released now? ;)

are you playing legion?
Nah dude, I actually thought about returning but couldn't find the motivation :( How good is it?

Ups, I still owe you a feedback regarding NGNL. :darn

Well, I was having trouble whether to rate it 8/10 or 9/10, but ended up with 9/10. It was an amazing and entertaining ride and I hope we will get another season. Granted, it had this typical weirdo and forced fanservice, but I could turn a blind eye on that, because Sora - and I only mean Sora - turned out to be a really badass MC from the getgo. His genius, speeches, confidence and ambition made this series up for me :hip.
Steph made me laugh quite a bit, especially this game was hilarious. Sometimes it felt a little bit too much how they used her almost for comedic purpose only, but that's just a minor issue. Shiro on the other hand was not interesting, rarely funny and bland most of the time. As you already expected, I fall in love with Jibril :hearts. It's so funny to see her get hyped because of curiosity and drool over everything :lmao. She is a very nice addition to the cast, it's unexplainable how someone like Sora can reject her.

Regarding the games, I think I liked all of them. Overall I consider the Shiritori game against Jibri the best. I was like this towards the end:

The chess game was sick, too. It was probably THE stepping stone which put Sora at 1st place in my character ranking. At one point, I feared that this chess game will turn into a dumb slaughter, but Sora proved me wrong. :3
The Laser-Love-Tag game was amazing and very intense. Kudos to Shiro here, it was probably the only time where she piqued my interest. Her skills with the weapon are as good as mine in CounterStrike :amuse.

Animation, colors and art = TOP!

Thank you for the recommendation.
lol your detailed reviews always are great to read :D Well we will get a movie next year, adapting volume 6 (I hear it's about Shiro's and Sora's past and supposedly great), so I'm really looking forward to that :zomg
As for the fanservice, I can actually enjoy that as long as the characters/story deliver, so I didn't mind at all :XD Despite all the fanservice, it was a big hit in the west anyway, surprised you didn't know about it at all.

I think Sora and Jibril are my favourite characters too, yep :nod Shiro was okay, but I think as a pair (not pairing :P) they have a good chemistry. I love how Jibril can be a funny idiot, really badass and ofc, hot~ Him and Sora basically are the brains anyway.

The Shiritori game definitely was the highlight of the show in my eyes, it was so WTF and over the top, great stuff. I think most people had a similar reaction to yours XD
Anyway, glad you enjoyed the show that much =) Would've felt bad if you didn't like it.

I will first watch the recommendations if niichan, which are:
  • No Game No Life
  • Anohana
  • Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
  • Toradora
  • Usagi Drop
  • Yahari
Then I will give Kimi ni Todoke a try, because of Erinyes. Then I might consider KonoSuba, it's already in my "plan to watch" list. :3
Kinda hard to decide... xD I would say Toradora or Yahari, I leave the decision to you :p

Kimi ni Todoke is meh... it starts good but turns so dull, boring and plain stupid that I had to drop it =(

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Volume 6 is about the past, yes but not Shiros and Soras. :D