Discussion - the seven laws of the seven deadly sins | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion the seven laws of the seven deadly sins

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Two Laws have been revealed in the anime.

5th Law: When two Sins are in disagreement they must solve this with a fight.

6th Law: If two Sins are fighting to the death the four others must stop him. And apparently if only one of them is trying to kill his companion, the others can kill him.
...huh...you know, this actually coincides pretty well with the manga. We haven't seen the fight to the death yet however, but that might be coming up soon.

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
...huh...you know, this actually coincides pretty well with the manga. We haven't seen the fight to the death yet however, but that might be coming up soon.
True, that's some good information and so far matches with what we saw in the manga. Closest to a live or death battle we saw yet was Ban vs Mel. I feel like we might get something like this with Gowther in the future.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wow shit I just thought

this now puts King attacking Meliodas during the training in a different light. You would expect it to be a total dick move to attack your captain over trust issues and a disagreement but THIS is actually how the group decides on how disputes are settled. The winner is right. King was actually following the group's code instead of going renegade.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
True, that's some good information and so far matches with what we saw in the manga. Closest to a live or death battle we saw yet was Ban vs Mel. I feel like we might get something like this with Gowther in the future.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wow shit I just thought

this now puts King attacking Meliodas during the training in a different light. You would expect it to be a total dick move to attack your captain over trust issues and a disagreement but THIS is actually how the group decides on how disputes are settled. The winner is right. King was actually following the group's code instead of going renegade.
True, but considering that he was even rejecting Meliodas's position, I don't believe he was thinking about the laws.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
True, but considering that he was even rejecting Meliodas's position, I don't believe he was thinking about the laws.
I'm not sure if I understand what you are implying here.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm not sure if I understand what you are implying here.
What I mean is that even if what he did is allowed, he was openly showing that Meliodas was not his captain anymore and considered him a traitor so I don't think he had the laws in mind. He was just pissed and wanted answers. But this is my own interpretation of course.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What I mean is that even if what he did is allowed, he was openly showing that Meliodas was not his captain anymore and considered him a traitor so I don't think he had the laws in mind. He was just pissed and wanted answers. But this is my own interpretation of course.
Yeah that's possible... but who says disputes between members can't be over trust in leadership?

Another case could possibly relate to follow official orders of the captain, which explains why sometimes the Sins don't obey Meliodas when he asks something of them but if he issues an order as the captain they usually follow (unless they quit the group, which none of them has managed permanently so far). This is kinda hinted at by the fact that Meliodas asked them all to go to the capital and get his dragon handle back and they were like "nope don't wanna" or when he told Gowther that they were leaving the capital early on a new mission after Hendy was defeated and he asked back "is that an order", which implies he would have complied but first he outright rejected it as a personal demand of Mel's. Last but not least, when Ban fought Mel, he also specifically told him as his captain to follow his orders.

So, assuming this is one of the rules, we don't know for sure if King was deliberately going to ignore their honour code or not. He could have had the rules in mind despite stating that Meliodas was "not his captain" anymore (which may not be literal but just to emphasize he has severe trust issues).

Bloody Sin Luna

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
If I were to say anything on the sins rules my guesses for them are...

1. All Sins must abide by the Seven Laws
  2. All Sins must follow all direct orders given to them by the captain
  3. a sin shall ask no questions about others sin
  4. If 1 Sin is badly injured or Killed the others will fight to avenge them
  5. When two Sins are in disagreement they must solve this with a fight
  6. If two Sins are fighting to the death the five others must stop him. And if only one of them is trying to kill his companion, the others can kill him
  7. All sins must have a sin, there cannot be 1 person that hold 2 sins and no 2 sins can share the same sin.
Again that is only my guess, I belive that most of this could be wrong.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Two Laws have been revealed in the anime.

5th Law: When two Sins are in disagreement they must solve this with a fight.

6th Law: If two Sins are fighting to the death the five others must stop him. And apparently if only one of them is trying to kill his companion, the others can kill him.
So... If rage Meliodas and Escanoon try to kill each other, who can stop them ? :D

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Elizabeth and merlin :3c