American Politics | Page 137 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
But the sad thing is that even if Trump loses the election and "fades" away off the face of the planet, "Trumpism" (or another word I think of it is Radical Nationalism) would still be around for years. Unless the Republican party (and the Democrats of course) gets their shit together and prevents such a mess from happening again, I'm just afraid of who's really going to run for election by 2020 (I cannot imagine someone worse than Trump running for office. Then again, I can think of Ted Cruz and Rick Perry being as bad, if not worse, than Donald Trump himself).
But the one thing I know for sure is that the Republican Party needs to change the most, badly.
Democratic party also needs to change badly, especially given how they treated Bernie. Imagine how the primaries would have gone if the party gave as much attention to Bernie or made sure he got as much attention as Hillary.

But yeah, I hope Trump and most of his dumb supporters die horrible deaths. Shitheads, the lot of them.
Well, that depends on a lot of things. Even now, I would argue, for trump to win he needs people to actually not show up to vote. As in, people being so uninspired by hillary that they do not show up to vote and trump's supporters actually make enough of a difference. It's not completely impossible but also it shouldn't be the most likely possibility. And then you have country's changing demographics and millenials.... The demographic where trump is strong (white, uneducated males) are going to be less representative next election than they are now. So unless something even more insane than this election happens then they shouldn't have the best odds of winning. And millenials as a group largely lean liberal. Which means the republican party in the long term does not have an option but to change and adapt to that. Or disappear. Unless the generation that follows millenials suddenly pivots conservative. But I doubt such a backwards thing is going to happen unless something even more insane than what went on in this election happens. Millenials pivot liberal/progressive which means democrats and republicans will need to make serious adjustments as time goes on (arguably, democrats already made adjustments thanks to bernie). Whatever the case, trumpism won't have better odds of winning the next election than in this one.
:cookiestare

You underestimate the powers of Trump idiots and overestimate the power of Killary.

Also, I wonder what Hillary's true stance on refugees is. At the very least, she should be supporting letting in the migrant children. Bad enough Trump is against it and talking about banning Muslims from the country for no reason.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You underestimate the powers of Trump idiots and overestimate the power of Killary.

Also, I wonder what Hillary's true stance on refugees is. At the very least, she should be supporting letting in the migrant children. Bad enough Trump is against it and talking about banning Muslims from the country for no reason.
As for the bold part, what are you talking about?

What? Her stance is to allow more refugees in. That is the sort of stuff you google in 3 seconds.... What reason do you have to doubt that being the case?

Onyx Darkmatter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, trump is actually trying to get people who have never voted before to vote. Though it does not seem like he has been very successful in getting people to register. I am not so sure the republican party really has that much time to change. They tried this election but trump ruined it (they had a plan to be more inclusive and everything). however to me it does not look like the current party can make meaningful changes to things millenials care about. The current GOP denies climate change. They deny evolution. They take issue with science and make points of liberal bias rather than just admitting they are wrong. They are still going on about Reaganomics even though liberal millennials want people to pay their taxes. For me it would be hard to see millenials or the generation that follows embracing people who reject basic knowledge. Then again, I could be way off. Trump has a realistic chance of winning this shit so obviously it wouldn't be the first time.
I just hope that is the case for those supporters, that they don't know how to register to vote, let alone, where to vote (I don't want to sound like a Left-wing nutjob in that case, but these supporters are a threat equal to the Sovereign Citizens).
Well, if they want to win future elections, it is necessary for them to change as soon as possible. 4 years may seem short, but it's necessary if they want to get their shits together (otherwise, it might as well as be a 3rd Democratic president in a row, assuming Hillary becomes the victor). Otherwise, this could be the decade of Democrats (assuming they don't fuck up, which I know they eventually will).

Democratic party also needs to change badly, especially given how they treated Bernie. Imagine how the primaries would have gone if the party gave as much attention to Bernie or made sure he got as much attention as Hillary.

But yeah, I hope Trump and most of his dumb supporters die horrible deaths. Shitheads, the lot of them.
That's what I said, didn't I? One of the things that I can see that needs to go are Superdelegates (which is a stupid concept that enables shitty candidates to win). But how it stands, the Democrats will get better down the road (unless they continue pulling stunts like they did with Sanders).
But yes, you're still correct that the Democratic Party needs a massive change, but I don't see it being as horrible as the Republican Party (Delegates failed to remove Trump from becoming the nominee, continues to embrace a theocratic ideology, and plenty more).

Woah. I mean, as much as I don't like them, I wouldn't really go THAT far.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
As for the bold part, what are you talking about?

What? Her stance is to allow more refugees in. That is the sort of stuff you google in 3 seconds.... What reason do you have to doubt that being the case?
The fact that Trump is doing well in the polls show that Hillary is in trouble. Trump can only get more support from here, especially since more people see Hillary's past as worse. THere is a picture going around with a list of bad things Trump and Hillary have done, and Trump has one thing while Hillary has at least ten things. This, actually. Even undecided/people who are against both have more criticism for Hillary than for Trump, and they said they're entertaining the idea of voting for him. Either way, it's a fact that this election being close proves that Hillary is in trouble, given the kind of opponent she's running up against. If it was someone like Romney or McCain, this close election would make sense.

I said her TRUE stance, not the stance she says she's about. And because I don't trust Hillary? She was against allowing South American refugee children coming in years ago, and now she's for Muslim migrant children? She can't have changed that view without obviously pandering.

I just hope that is the case for those supporters, that they don't know how to register to vote, let alone, where to vote (I don't want to sound like a Left-wing nutjob in that case, but these supporters are a threat equal to the Sovereign Citizens).
Well, if they want to win future elections, it is necessary for them to change as soon as possible. 4 years may seem short, but it's necessary if they want to get their shits together (otherwise, it might as well as be a 3rd Democratic president in a row, assuming Hillary becomes the victor). Otherwise, this could be the decade of Democrats (assuming they don't fuck up, which I know they eventually will).

That's what I said, didn't I? One of the things that I can see that needs to go are Superdelegates (which is a stupid concept that enables shitty candidates to win). But how it stands, the Democrats will get better down the road (unless they continue pulling stunts like they did with Sanders).
But yes, you're still correct that the Democratic Party needs a massive change, but I don't see it being as horrible as the Republican Party (Delegates failed to remove Trump from becoming the nominee, continues to embrace a theocratic ideology, and plenty more).

Woah. I mean, as much as I don't like them, I wouldn't really go THAT far.
no, you only mentioned "(so do the democrats)" or something, but nothing more. I don't see them getting better, at all. If anything, they'll probably be better at being sneaky, but it'll probably be the same, if not get worse.

It's pretty close, although most republicans who don't want Trump are voting for him only because he's a republican.

I'm pissed. They say disgusting, horrible, and disturbing shit and do violent things and are so full of ignorance. THey attack protesters and claim (as far as I know) that protesters started it first. They give us bullshit facts about refugees being dangerous when that's completely false and keep referring to Europe even though we're not Europe (Sharkbait has brought up refugees/migrant children being more dangerous without stats to back that up). They call for Hillary's death/assassination and laughed at a meme of how to kill Bernie supporters. These guys are scums of this country, and I feel we'd be better off without them staining the great nation.

At least US needs conservatives and liberals to have any hope of being powerful. But it doesn't need extreme versions of both or ignorant Trump supporters. At least Trump supporters who genuinely think he's a good choice because of his views towards the establishment and economical views aren't that bad, so I don't care much about them.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
no, you only mentioned "(so do the democrats)" or something, but nothing more. I don't see them getting better, at all. If anything, they'll probably be better at being sneaky, but it'll probably be the same, if not get worse.
I did said that the Democratic Party needs a massive change, but I guess I must have left that part out. Either way, I do hope that the Party brings in better candidates and doesn't play any favorites (like that bitch Debbie leaning on Hillary's side).

It's pretty close, although most republicans who don't want Trump are voting for him only because he's a republican.

I'm pissed. They say disgusting, horrible, and disturbing shit and do violent things and are so full of ignorance. THey attack protesters and claim (as far as I know) that protesters started it first. They give us bullshit facts about refugees being dangerous when that's completely false and keep referring to Europe even though we're not Europe (Sharkbait has brought up refugees/migrant children being more dangerous without stats to back that up). They call for Hillary's death/assassination and laughed at a meme of how to kill Bernie supporters. These guys are scums of this country, and I feel we'd be better off without them staining the great nation.
I already know someone who's supporting Trump just because he's a Republican. *Stares at my grandparents*

Oh, don't get any wrong idea. I do think the Trump Supporters are fucking disgusting people (well, the insane ones anyways, not the ones who're supporting him because Hillary's a horrible choice), and I do believe that you're not wrong. However, to wish them a tragic death in vulgarity makes me no better than them.

At least US needs conservatives and liberals to have any hope of being powerful. But it doesn't need extreme versions of both or ignorant Trump supporters. At least Trump supporters who genuinely think he's a good choice because of his views towards the establishment and economical views aren't that bad, so I don't care much about them.
Honestly, I question about their support over a candidate who wants to apply the disaster of Reaganomics (which is Trump's economic policy to a certain degree, but he does want to make more Tax Breaks for corporations). In theory, it's a brilliant policy, but it just doesn't work that way.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
But the sad thing is that even if Trump loses the election and "fades" away off the face of the planet, "Trumpism" (or another word I think of it is Radical Nationalism) would still be around for years. Unless the Republican party (and the Democrats of course) gets their shit together and prevents such a mess from happening again, I'm just afraid of who's really going to run for election by 2020 (I cannot imagine someone worse than Trump running for office. Then again, I can think of Ted Cruz and Rick Perry being as bad, if not worse, than Donald Trump himself).
But the one thing I know for sure is that the Republican Party needs to change the most, badly.
That is all I saw on democrats.
I did said that the Democratic Party needs a massive change, but I guess I must have left that part out. Either way, I do hope that the Party brings in better candidates and doesn't play any favorites (like that bitch Debbie leaning on Hillary's side).

I already know someone who's supporting Trump just because he's a Republican. *Stares at my grandparents*

Oh, don't get any wrong idea. I do think the Trump Supporters are fucking disgusting people (well, the insane ones anyways, not the ones who're supporting him because Hillary's a horrible choice), and I do believe that you're not wrong. However, to wish them a tragic death in vulgarity makes me no better than them.

Honestly, I question about their support over a candidate who wants to apply the disaster of Reaganomics (which is Trump's economic policy to a certain degree, but he does want to make more Tax Breaks for corporations). In theory, it's a brilliant policy, but it just doesn't work that way.
Doubt that'll ever happen. US politicians are shitheads.

I know multiple people who are like that, but I'm mainly talking about republican politicians right now. They disagree with him strongly, and yet they'd rather support him just because republican.

I don't care, they're bad people who wish death, they should die.

Tax breaks would bring companies back only if they'd save more money, but it's no guarantee. If these companies were truly for America, then they wouldn't have left the US, or they'd have come back. Trump probably won't do much with his economic plans, or plans in general, unless it benefits him.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubt that'll ever happen. US politicians are shitheads.
Sadly, that's mostly true. I don't even want to put too much faith in future politicians as well (especially Millennials).

I know multiple people who are like that, but I'm mainly talking about republican politicians right now. They disagree with him strongly, and yet they'd rather support him just because republican.
Well, some of the politicians just can't avoid it (especially the candidates who made a oath to support the nominee). I get that there are republican politicians who would do such because Republicans, and those are the types of people I strongly dislike.

Tax breaks would bring companies back only if they'd save more money, but it's no guarantee. If these companies were truly for America, then they wouldn't have left the US, or they'd have come back. Trump probably won't do much with his economic plans, or plans in general, unless it benefits him.
Not only that, Tax Breaks are meant to "increase Supply-side to create more jobs", but that's not how it works because you need Demand to improve the economy (this is just simple Macroeconomics, something even Trump should know but I doubt he'd remember after being handed to him his dad's fortune). Seeing politicians promoting Tax Breaks because "Reagan did it" gives me a headache.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The fact that Trump is doing well in the polls show that Hillary is in trouble. Trump can only get more support from here, especially since more people see Hillary's past as worse. THere is a picture going around with a list of bad things Trump and Hillary have done, and Trump has one thing while Hillary has at least ten things. This, actually. Even undecided/people who are against both have more criticism for Hillary than for Trump, and they said they're entertaining the idea of voting for him. Either way, it's a fact that this election being close proves that Hillary is in trouble, given the kind of opponent she's running up against. If it was someone like Romney or McCain, this close election would make sense.

I said her TRUE stance, not the stance she says she's about. And because I don't trust Hillary? She was against allowing South American refugee children coming in years ago, and now she's for Muslim migrant children? She can't have changed that view without obviously pandering.
I asked because what you wrote did not seem to make any contextual sense with what I was saying. I didn't say hillary had this in the bad or anything. If anything I have been making the point that democrats and people on the liberal end are not panicking enough. I only made the point that for most of the election hillary has had the advantage, that's a fact. Realistically speaking the worst hillary has polled so far is a tie with trump, safe for the post convention boost trump got.

Her true stance? I know you don't trust her but at least as far as refugees are concerned there is no reason to think her stance is actually something else. Heck, her actual position is something that should make her unpopular (trump is making the point that hillary wants to increase the amount of syrian refugees by 500% but the numbers she speaks of are slightly higher than that).... If anything I don't see any vaguely reasonable reason to think she will try to pass policies different from the ones she is proposing.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
But the sad thing is that even if Trump loses the election and "fades" away off the face of the planet, "Trumpism" (or another word I think of it is Radical Nationalism) would still be around for years.
Eh, Trumpism is just an evolution of the Tea Party. In fact, Trump's return to politics was through the same avenues that the Tea Party operated. That's why you see people like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann all too happy to jump on the bandwagon. Just sub in "Trump Supporters" for the Tea Party every time Christopher Hitchens mentions it in this clip and you'll see how uncanny the resemblance is -

There's only a couple differences really. First, that they've sort of come across as being a majority in the same space they occupy in the political spectrum instead of a loud minority. That seems to have wavered a bit lately with a lot of unexpected endorsements of Hillary Clinton, but Trump still became the nominee despite opposition within the party. "Tea Party" candidates did successfully unseat people in Congress, but they never made much hay in the presidential races. And secondly, it didn't have someone as captivating at it's head like Trump. But make no mistake, it's nearly the exact same thing. As Hitch put it, they're just "another incarnation of the Know Nothing isolationist tradition".

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, Trumpism is just an evolution of the Tea Party. In fact, Trump's return to politics was through the same avenues that the Tea Party operated. That's why you see people like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann all too happy to jump on the bandwagon. Just sub in "Trump Supporters" for the Tea Party every time Christopher Hitchens mentions it in this clip and you'll see how uncanny the resemblance is -

There's only a couple differences really. First, that they've sort of come across as being a majority in the same space they occupy in the political spectrum instead of a loud minority. That seems to have wavered a bit lately with a lot of unexpected endorsements of Hillary Clinton, but Trump still became the nominee despite opposition within the party. "Tea Party" candidates did successfully unseat people in Congress, but they never made much hay in the presidential races. And secondly, it didn't have someone as captivating at it's head like Trump. But make no mistake, it's nearly the exact same thing. As Hitch put it, they're just "another incarnation of the Know Nothing isolationist tradition".
Hmm... yes, it seems that I do recall having this discussion with my parents, and how Hitchens explains it sounds perfectly how he would describe the Tea Party.

Perfectly sums up the election....
And the sad thing, is that I can see this happen. Great video nonetheless (even though I was never a fan of South Park).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
And the sad thing, is that I can see this happen. Great video nonetheless (even though I was never a fan of South Park).
Well, the thing is that this more or less has been happening. We all know by now all the faults there are with trump as a candidate. And yet hillary, in spite of being by any rational measure an immensely superior candidate to trump (and I would go as far as arguing that she would be an immensely superior candidate to any of the sane republicans at least policy-wise) she has been unable to sustain a reasonable lead over him. Trump does something that should make him laughably un-electable every week without fail (his 3am twitter rank of that former miss universe, his poor debate performance, his own campaign consistently making the point of how incompetent trump is, and so on) and yet this is the sad state of the elections.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Perfectly sums up the election....
South Park has been pretty great this entire last season.

I love the comment section too.
"If I get another Hillary ad that's 30 seconds and not skippable I'm voting Trump" LUL

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Sadly, that's mostly true. I don't even want to put too much faith in future politicians as well (especially Millennials).

Well, some of the politicians just can't avoid it (especially the candidates who made a oath to support the nominee). I get that there are republican politicians who would do such because Republicans, and those are the types of people I strongly dislike.

Not only that, Tax Breaks are meant to "increase Supply-side to create more jobs", but that's not how it works because you need Demand to improve the economy (this is just simple Macroeconomics, something even Trump should know but I doubt he'd remember after being handed to him his dad's fortune). Seeing politicians promoting Tax Breaks because "Reagan did it" gives me a headache.
Same here, knowing the Trump supporters that exist, as well as leftists that try to limit freedom of speech. Though, I find right wings way worse given their ideas, logic, hypocrisy, and shit. Not all right wings, but still. And yet, the US needs liberals, conservatives, and progressives.

Yes, they can avoid it and should avoid it. If a democratic politician can't or doesn't want to support Hillary, then he shouldn't. If a republican politician thinks it goes against his values supporting Trump, then he should refuse. It's all disgusting that they support someone they don't want just because same party. That's not putting US first, that's putting one's views first.

Trump doesn't know shit though, supporters only think they do because he seems wealthy and raised his dad's $1 million loan to at least $20 or something.

I asked because what you wrote did not seem to make any contextual sense with what I was saying. I didn't say hillary had this in the bad or anything. If anything I have been making the point that democrats and people on the liberal end are not panicking enough. I only made the point that for most of the election hillary has had the advantage, that's a fact. Realistically speaking the worst hillary has polled so far is a tie with trump, safe for the post convention boost trump got.

Her true stance? I know you don't trust her but at least as far as refugees are concerned there is no reason to think her stance is actually something else. Heck, her actual position is something that should make her unpopular (trump is making the point that hillary wants to increase the amount of syrian refugees by 500% but the numbers she speaks of are slightly higher than that).... If anything I don't see any vaguely reasonable reason to think she will try to pass policies different from the ones she is proposing.
Oh, okay. But I don't think she has much of an advantage. She's ahead, she's winning, she's beating Trump, but given the kind of candidate Trump is, and Hillary's reputation, she's doing pathetic. If anything, she should be way ahead, but she's not. The Democratic party fucked up big time when they chose to back Hillary and not give a shit about Bernie or anyone else.

HOw not? Given her stance towards South American refugees, how do we know she didn't change her stance towards refugees just to pander to liberals or left wings? How do we know she'll uphold her views? I've read that Hillary promised Bernie to bring up global warming, but after a while she's barely been mentioning it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/the-2016-blast/2016/10/trumps-foundation-may-be-crumbling-216647

Is there a limit to trump's idiocy? We may never know because he keeps one upping himself.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Funny, people keep reporting on how little Gary Johnson seems to know about... stuff in general. Of course he is ignorant, the guy is a libertarian. His entire ideology is founded on a basic misunderstanding of economics or government. The guy is there solely to work against government because his ideology says any form or context of government activity except for military and infrastructure (and even this one is debatable) is morally abhorrent. He doesn't need to know policy because he isn't there to implement any at all, he is there so shut government down and nothing else. His ideological mumbo jumbo does not need of knowledge, experience or even basic intelligence.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
After doing some research over Gary Johnson and his stance, I'm starting to lose interest in him. Granted, there are some stances he has that I can definitely agree with, like cutting the Military Spending and legalizing Marijuana as a whole. While I may support non-interventionism, it's something we just can't do at the moment, not until we fix our mistake that's going on in places like Iraq and maybe even Libya (It's more of a "We fucked up because we weren't prepared for the aftermath" I'm referring to).
His idea about Balancing the Budget is an enormous mess to deal with (Economic purposes: The only way to balance out the budget is when the Economy is at the equilibrium; balancing the budget can put a dent on the Economy), then there's his ideas of repealing things like Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare. His stance on Gun Control is partially Bullshit, because he makes it sounds like the British will return and conquer the nation (which is what the second amendment is made for).

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Right now fivethirtyeight showing Clinton has a 72.8% Chance of winning :gwah What happened in this short time? It also showing Florida likely going to Clinton. Can't seem to believe the forecast

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
If she gets Florida, then she has a good opportunity at winning the race (if Trump wins it, then she's going to need at least a couple Mid-West states to make up for that loss).
I guess the debates have also had an effect on that (and Trump's further fuck-ups).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Right now fivethirtyeight showing Clinton has a 72.8% Chance of winning :gwah What happened in this short time? It also showing Florida likely going to Clinton. Can't seem to believe the forecast
Well, trump has had a couple of outright horrible weeks. His poor debate performance, his hallucinations that he actually did well, his 3 am rant against the fat miss universe woman, his using of his 1995 billion dollar loss that he used to not pay taxes for over a decade... And then his foundation. Which the media has systematically dismantled due to trump using it as his piggy bank even though he hasn't donated to it in almost a decade and then finally it not even having the proper paperwork to collect money followed by a court order to stop collecting money. There was a washington post article that made the point that the debate also caused some millenials to warm up a bit to hillary.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The debate happened and trumps meltdown on twitter.

Fllowing the debate, a lot of american TV was focussed on factchecking. A lot of undedided voters who didnt care a lot about politics got to know the real face of trump and how much he lies and does not even admit it when exposed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
gonna watch the vice debate in 4 hours. I know that it is not exciting for most US citizens, but if caine does well, he could fetch yet some more votes.

As i said before: I think if clinton keeps up a somewhat competent apearance in debates, she is going to win.