Discussion - Gowther | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Gowther

ShadowCT6

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
After Meliodas death, we currently don't know exactly what happened with Gowther, but he was propably arrested by the Pleiades.
Anyway, I just want to share with you an idea that I had a few moment ago. First, look at this picture:

This picture shows one of Gowther' skill called Search Light, which permits Gowther know lots of things deeply burried inside the mind of a person. So, if Gowther casted that skill on Meliodas and if the late still remembered (while he was alive) his life as the leader of the TC, therefore, Gowther really knows that himself used to be one of the TC!
But one question still hasn't been answered: what made Gowther apply his curse on himself? Or he was affected by a spell that has similar effects of his commandment?
Since the chapter 153, in every single chapter, I always wait for the moment when Gowther becomes one of the TC again. Rsrs

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
After Meliodas death, we currently don't know exactly what happened with Gowther, but he was propably arrested by the Pleiades.
Anyway, I just want to share with you an idea that I had a few moment ago. First, look at this picture:

This picture shows one of Gowther' skill called Search Light, which permits Gowther know lots of things deeply burried inside the mind of a person. So, if Gowther casted that skill on Meliodas and if the late still remembered (while he was alive) his life as the leader of the TC, therefore, Gowther really knows that himself used to be one of the TC!
But one question still hasn't been answered: what made Gowther apply his curse on himself? Or he was affected by a spell that has similar effects of his commandment?
Since the chapter 153, in every single chapter, I always wait for the moment when Gowther becomes one of the TC again. Rsrs
I understand your pain :feelsbadman. He needs to search longer for deeper memories IIRC and he's pragmatic, he probably just did what Meliodas ordered him to do, if he remembered he would have asked certain questions to Meliodas later.

Rather than memories of the time when he was a Commandment, I think he has vague memories of what led to his Sin. And he's afraid of it.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, interesting, but I'm not sure about it. If Gowther did see himself within Mel's memory, I would assume he would have been the first person Gowther would have went after as soon as he began to act on his own.

It's also possible that, before Gowther left all those years ago, he erased Mel's memory of him for some reason, rendering him incapable of finding himself in Mel's mind.

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's also possible that, before Gowther left all those years ago, he erased Mel's memory of him for some reason, rendering him incapable of finding himself in Mel's mind.
I once thought about that too, however, if you look Meliodas' reaction when Gowther asked to be arrested again inside an armor, you will see that Meliodas actually remembers of Gowther (or remembered, now that he is dead).

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I understand your pain :feelsbadman. He needs to search longer for deeper memories IIRC and he's pragmatic, he probably just did what Meliodas ordered him to do, if he remembered he would have asked certain questions to Meliodas later.

Rather than memories of the time when he was a Commandment, I think he has vague memories of what led to his Sin. And he's afraid of it.
I am startig to think, also, that, after all those years living outside the Goddes Seal, Gowther's commandment started to weak, permitting him to recover his memories and feelings for a short time often. This would explain why he sometimes can express some emotions, like when recites quotes of the books that he uses to read.

Also, with the commandment getting weak for sometime, Gowther can lost control of his own skills. The armor that Merlin gave to him served to "reinforce" the curse.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What if he's the mastermind of every thing ? Like,he controlled meliodas to do whatever he did:cool:
Or maybe he was created by the dk and gave him to meliodas as a toy :hmph

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What if he's the mastermind of every thing ? Like,he controlled meliodas to do whatever he did:cool:
Or maybe he was created by the dk and gave him to meliodas as a toy :hmph
I don't see him as a mastermind but he was probably Meliodas's accomplice. Given how Invasion works it could be used to bypass the Commandments I think, depending on what technique he uses.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My Theory, Meliodas know Gowther is TC/ex-comrade. Remember the 1st time Meliodas see Gowther w/o armor? He say "i dont expected he look like that" around that line(sorry i use phone right now, hard to look at source), its not because its his 1st time see gowther, but Gowther look diff at the time he in TC/3000 olds ago( if you look at original TC he more "manly"), maybe Meliodas notice he ex-TC base on name, power, and he dont have heart and memory, but he never meet Gowther until now, thats why Meliodas dont know if he is a doll right now. And meliodas even said to arthur leave him be, he lose some "screws" its because Meliodas know what happen to him.
And now why Gowther fall to his own decre, and why Meliodad accept him as a friend even he ex-TC, because the worst think he can betray Meliodas and hurt Eli if his Commendment back. Its because Gowther protect Meliodas 3000 years ago, thats why he go selfish before Meliodas being selfish and fall to his curse.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What if the DK was seeing things through Gowther? We know that he has the Balor Eye and other things "loaded" in him. His Doll body could have been made by the Demon King. With all these Commandments he created, he seems to be a wizard like Merlin.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't see him as a mastermind but he was probably Meliodas's accomplice. Given how Invasion works it could be used to bypass the Commandments I think, depending on what technique he uses.
I do hope he's his accomplice before the memory loss, because it would suck if Gowther's goes back to being a commandement I guess
The way Meliodas has been acting around Gowther suggests he doesn't even know he was a commandement, yet we know he was with him... Is it possible he used a spell to erase the memories of himself from Meliodas' mind ?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I do hope he's his accomplice before the memory loss, because it would suck if Gowther's goes back to being a commandement I guess
The way Meliodas has been acting around Gowther suggests he doesn't even know he was a commandement, yet we know he was with him... Is it possible he used a spell to erase the memories of himself from Meliodas' mind ?
I am sure Meliodas knows, he remembers the name of the other Commandments and must have guessed what happened to him, if he wasn't aware of it. Invasion can be used to counter certain Commandments. He might have used it on Meliodas but if he did it was to help him. He will have his Origin chapter so he can't have done something bad.

The possibility that he will join the Commandments exists but with Meliodas's death and his friendship moment with Escanor, I think it's unlikely though I am pretty sure he will cause some troubles to both sides nonetheless. Everything points out that Gowther was unstable, even at his current level Merlin felt the need to keep him in a magic armor. We need to know how they dealt with him when Guila returned at Liones too.

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The possibility that he will join the Commandments exists but with Meliodas's death and his friendship moment with Escanor, I think it's unlikely though I am pretty sure he will cause some troubles to both sides nonetheless.
With what you've written, I just remembered that Escanor said that he believes Gowther has a good heart in the chapter 170. I think that Escanor was actually referring to the time when Gowther was a commandment, since he had already known about the TC because of Merlin (read the chapter 148 to check). So, yeah, Gowther is actually a good guy. But he can start to act alone after recover his memories.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I just want to say that Nakaba is taking too long to reveal the mysteries involving Gowther. This suspense is killing me.:bored

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
What if the DK was seeing things through Gowther? We know that he has the Balor Eye and other things "loaded" in him. His Doll body could have been made by the Demon King. With all these Commandments he created, he seems to be a wizard like Merlin.
I will be surprised if Gowther wasn't made by the Demon King. Maybe he was even Merlin master at one point.

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Before write my post, I just want to point that, to get free from a commandment, there are two conditions: die or kill the owner of the commandment.
With this in mind, I have thought somethings about what happened with Gowther right before the Great War.
Remember that flashback showing Meliodas as the leader of the TC: we saw three commandments that we didn't recognize and, probably, two of them were killed by Meliodas and, later, replaced by Gloxinia and Drole. Those two killed were the commandments of Repose and Patience. Looks like the third one was the commandment of Pacifism and he was replaced by Grayroad. So, I think that who killed him was Gowther.
Alongside Meliodas, Gowther turned against the TC and killed the predecessor of Grayroad, what triggered the commandment of Selflessness. But, Gowther wasn't affected by the commandment of Pacifism, because, killing the demon, there was no way the curse get triggered.
But, there is the possibility that Gowther controlled Meliodas to kill the commandments of Patience and Repose, somethig that activated his own commandment. Therefore, the pedecessor of Grayroad died only during the Great War and was quickly replaced.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am sure he was one of Mel's accomplice but we really need to know how his Commandment works to be able to speculate more...

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Created by the father/mother of Merlin that's why she's looks after him since he's like a little brother to her. It would explain how she knows Gowther a doll and not Meliodas since he should know if his father created him.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Created by the father/mother of Merlin that's why she's looks after him since he's like a little brother to her. It would explain how she knows Gowther a doll and not Meliodas since he should know if his father created him.
I am pretty sure he was born a Demon, not a Doll. The page with Meliodas as a Commandment proved that Fraudrin didn't lie, as the current holder of the Commandments he knows its effects. Which means that Fraudrin would turn into a doll himself if he were to break his Commandment. But even though he said that they lose emotions, Gowther is not totally emotionless, can use Magic and do many other things. His only real problem is his lack of emotions. Against opponents it's not very powerful IMO. The true Doll form is however.

It makes me think that Merlin or the Great Magician(if he exists) worked in order to break his curse and managed to give him that human-sized Doll form with part of his emotions and Merlin lied in order to hide that he is a former Commandment. Meliodas might not know the details but he definitely knows that he is his former subordinate. If my theory is correct it'd mean that he understood Merlin and went along with it.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
I am pretty sure he was born a Demon, not a Doll. The page with Meliodas as a Commandment proved that Fraudrin didn't lie, as the current holder of the Commandments he knows its effects. Which means that Fraudrin would turn into a doll himself if he were to break his Commandment. But even though he said that they lose emotions, Gowther is not totally emotionless, can use Magic and do many other things. His only real problem is his lack of emotions. Against opponents it's not very powerful IMO. The true Doll form is however.

It makes me think that Merlin or the Great Magician(if he exists) worked in order to break his curse and managed to give him that human-sized Doll form with part of his emotions and Merlin lied in order to hide that he is a former Commandment. Meliodas might not know the details but he definitely knows that he is his former subordinate. If my theory is correct it'd mean that he understood Merlin and went along with it.
I thought that at first Gowther breaking his Commandant turned into a doll. But after reading Kongo he clearly based on AT-KM-100 who's cyborg so I could see him being a legit doll. If it was his Commandant who turned into a doll wonder if Merlin can undo the effects now.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
In the flashback when he was talking to Fraudrin, he was smiling, right?

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
In the flashback when he was talking to Fraudrin, he was smiling, right?
Yes, he was, despite of the bubbles are square shapped, like he was emotionless.
But, imo, the most importamt thing that we learnt from the chapter is that he didn't plot with Meliodas to kill those two commandments. He may had killed the predecessor of Gray Road, however we don't have any clues about it.

Baum

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The squares don't necessarily mean he's emotionless.
They're usually used for the "narrator" which is kind of Gowther's gimmick, he talks like a narrator would and in this really monotone voice. He can talk differently too tho, he did that a couple times when he was acting some scenes from books he read out and as Armando while he lived with Pellio. Gowther doesn't >understand< emotions, but he's not entirely emotionless (he got really angry when Escanor took his glasses and he seemed almost sad after the attack on Diane back at the start of Part 2)