Discussion - The Ten Commandments | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Ten Commandments

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Actually, Meliodas now has the same PL as Zeldris and Estarossa. I'm more concerned why they seem to not be able to use some kind of transformation like Meliodas. We only saw Estarossa's darkness to heal his wounds, not to transform him in a boosted-up state. Why would his brothers not be able to use the same power is what interrogates me
It's not just that. With the exception of Dolor and Glox (no natural born demons), the other Commandments only seem to have single uses for their magic power. Meliodas' Full Counter has several applications and the same is the case for the other Sins but the Commandments haven't shown the same degree of versatility.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
There is no way the Archangels are not included in this. They are the elite of the Goddess clan. People like Nerobasta are not enough against the Commandments.

Estarossa was young, it doesn't mean they were all young. They were afraid because Meliodas was too strong.
Look at mera and the others how many of them look old to you. And yes experience plays a vital role in battle since mel took 2 commandments by himself. There was no specific hint about the four great angels in estarossa words so i dont take them in. There is no way that the whole godesses clan are afraid of him. If thats the case then he is the madara of nanatsu no taizai. He can just walk in and kill any godess or beings he like since there is no one superior to him except the dk. There is has to be someone in the godesses clan that is brave enough to stand against him otherwise how is their power even equalized???? You should know that the goddesses arc gonna began soon after meliodas getting most of his powers back which indicates they are pretty strong beings. If all the goddesses are afraid of meliodas, why break the agreement???? The chief goddesses ordered the fodders to do so and that proves that they got balls to stand against him and are not afraid of the midget.

Isaiah Thomas

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Look at mera and the others how many of them look old to you. And yes experience plays a vital role in battle since mel took 2 commandments by himself. There was no specific hint about the four great angels in estarossa words so i dont take them in. There is no way that the whole godesses clan are afraid of him. If thats the case then he is the madara of nanatsu no taizai. He can just walk in and kill any godess or beings he like since there is no one superior to him except the dk. There is has to be someone in the godesses clan that is brave enough to stand against him otherwise how is their power even equalized???? You should know that the goddesses arc gonna began soon after meliodas getting most of his powers back which indicates they are pretty strong beings. If all the goddesses are afraid of meliodas, why break the agreement???? The chief goddesses ordered the fodders to do so and that proves that they got balls to stand against him and are not afraid of the midget.
Actually the DK said Meliodas was named the most powerful demon & Meliodas, Dolor & Gloxiana killed the DK. So the DK was alive when Prime Meliodas was named the most powerful. https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/183/page/6 The Goddess broke the agreement because Meliodas betrayed the Demons if he had stayed they still would of had an agreement. Prime Meliodas by himself was basically forcing the Goddess 2 play nice.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Actually the DK said Meliodas was named the most powerful demon & Meliodas, Dolor & Gloxiana killed the DK. So the DK was alive when Prime Meliodas was named the most powerful. https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/183/page/6 The Goddess broke the agreement because Meliodas betrayed the Demons if he had stayed they still would of had an agreement. Prime Meliodas by himself was basically forcing the Goddess 2 play nice.
I dont follow jaimini's box. I rather follow mangastream's since most website also follow it. Nope there is no actual reason for the godesses to break the pact with demons after meliodas leaving. They were already battling each other when meliodas was the leader. So its invalid to say that the goddesses broke the pact after meliodas left. There is no actual proof that mel dolor and gloxinia killed dk. Gloxinia onky said that the battle against the dk together. I feel he separated himself into meliodas, dolor and gloxinia because that seemed the only way he brainwashed both of them to join the demon clan. There is still no solid proof that he was killed by the trios...

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont follow jaimini's box. I rather follow mangastream's since most website also follow it. Nope there is no actual reason for the godesses to break the pact with demons after meliodas leaving. They were already battling each other when meliodas was the leader. So its invalid to say that the goddesses broke the pact after meliodas left. There is no actual proof that mel dolor and gloxinia killed dk. Gloxinia onky said that the battle against the dk together. I feel he separated himself into meliodas, dolor and gloxinia because that seemed the only way he brainwashed both of them to join the demon clan. There is still no solid proof that he was killed by the trios...
Okay here is Gloxiana quote from Mangastream
Here is Estarosaa comments from Mangastram on why the Goddess betrayed the pact here
Does it outright say Meliodas killed the DK no but I HIGHLY DOUBT Meliodas will leave the DK alive after Meliodas just killed Two Commandments.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The flashback is just that, a flashback. It doesn't mean that they were like that during the whole war. When Fraudrin freed them they looked older because the war lasted that long.

Why wouldn't they all be afraid of him? He was the strongest, evil and feared but it doesn't mean that no one faced him, or that they found him too scary to do so. That's because they faced him that they knew that. It was a war, not a simple battle, Meliodas is just one representative of his clan, and there were more Goddesses etc.

Meliodas was well known for his strength, cruelty, even now the Goddess in Cernunnos wants his death. Despite this, they killed lot of Demons and sealed the Commandments. We don't exactly know when if they broke the agreement before or after he left but I repeat, it was a war, not a simple battle, there are strategies, different types of Magics, schemes etc. Did the Madara you mention enough to win wars by himself? No he was not despite his huge power.

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh one more thing I don't think the DK is brainwashing anybody not even Meliodas he is perfectly aware what is going on he just can't stop it & if that was the reason Dolor & Gloxiana are evil now then Meliodas wouldn't have said this

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The flashback is just that, a flashback. It doesn't mean that they were like that during the whole war. When Fraudrin freed them they looked older because the war lasted that long.

Why wouldn't they all be afraid of him? He was the strongest, evil and feared but it doesn't mean that no one faced him, or that they found him too scary to do so. That's because they faced him that they knew that. It was a war, not a simple battle, Meliodas is just one representative of his clan, and there were more Goddesses etc.

Meliodas was well known for his strength, cruelty, even now the Goddess in Cernunnos wants his death. Despite this, they killed lot of Demons and sealed the Commandments. We don't exactly know when if they broke the agreement before or after he left but I repeat, it was a war, not a simple battle, there are strategies, different types of Magics, schemes etc. Did the Madara you mention enough to win wars by himself? No he was not despite his huge power.
Estarossa was referring to meliodas because he was in his prime when they were young. For estarossa just because meliodas saved his ass and slay some goddesses he boasts about him. We should not only take it from estarossa's point of view because he admire him the most and even wants to be like him and definitely he is biased towards prime mel. Instead we should also wait for more evidence before judging prime meliodas. Cause we dont really know the actual scenario. Just because a fanboy say so and we are gonna follow that?? Thats bs. There are other mel fanboy in these threads that are calling him the greatest... just because they say so that means we should also play along??? Thats dumb. And yes madara basically won the war until the author kept powering up the main character with another side character. Hell madara was even ripped apart when another being came out of him for plot purposes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh one more thing I don't think the DK is brainwashing anybody not even Meliodas he is perfectly aware what is going on he just can't stop it & if that was the reason Dolor & Gloxiana are evil now then Meliodas wouldn't have said this
The dk must have took advantage of the situation to lure them into his clan.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Okay here is Gloxiana quote from Mangastream
Here is Estarosaa comments from Mangastram on why the Goddess betrayed the pact here
Does it outright say Meliodas killed the DK no but I HIGHLY DOUBT Meliodas will leave the DK alive after Meliodas just killed Two Commandments.
Meliodas killing the dk sounds so wrong. Dk in purgatory clearly said he lost all his power. Why would you invest in a midget that killed you and doesnt appreaciate your power???? Even if he is killed by mel, he must done it for a greater purpose. I believe he should focus more on zeldris than mel since mel doesnt appreciate his powers...

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I am not quite sure that is the same though. Granted her mark went crazy but it does not seem like that had the same effect as when mel uses his more advanced transformations. For one thing, no one actually noted derriere's power suddenly about doubling. Rather than an actual transformation in a comparable sense to mel's transformations to me it seems like that merely reflected how pissed off deriere was.
She's Demonborn. Why should her mark behave any different to Meliodas' own?

Derriere's mark evidently changes from normal when she faced the Goddess. It was protruding just like Mel's own does when he taps into more darkness in his partial demonised form. This mark actually became more prominent during the fight -- especially when she burst. It's probable that she at least hit 60+ k PL because of that burst.

Now that I think about it, this is indicating that Nerobusta was a formidable foe indeed as she outright forced an already powerful Demon like like Derriere to utilise such extremes means to win.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
She's Demonborn. Why should her mark behave any different from Meliodas?

Derriere's mark evidently changes from normal when she faced the Goddess. It was protruding just like Mel's own does when he taps into more darkness in his partial demonised form. This mark actually became more prominent during the fight -- especially when she burst. It's probable that she at least hit 60+ k PL because of that burst.

Now that I think about it, this is indicating that Nerobusta was a formidable foe indeed as she outright forced an already powerful Demon like like Derriere to utilise such extremes means to win.
But that leaves the question, why aren't demons using their true power then? It would be plausible they have yet to recover their power but there is a weird thing here. Fraudrin implied that mel's power now was much like it was 3000 years ago. If the other demons can power up in the same way and to begin with have comparable PLs it means that other demons should be able to reach powers comparable to peak mels. And if deriere had already recovered enough to transform then it makes sense that estarosa, who is also a physical fighter who uses little magic) would be able to transform as well.

As for nerobasta, to me it seems like the implication here is that she was a very weak goddess in general. And deriere was clearly not "forced" to anything. She seemed simply angry that she ran into a goddess and eliminated her with ease. Even moonspiet implied nerobasta was not that much of a threat (IIRC he said she was only a corporal lance). To me it just seems like her mark reacted to her anger but it also wasn't a transformation comparable to mel's.

Rescorlian

Reaction score
Country
France
Something is strange.

How could Glonixia and Balor's have got their commandements if they killed the DK ? Why would they have joined the DC if they just had killed the TC ? Meliodas left the DC, which means they knew it was a matter of time before the Goddesses and the other clans would win the battle. So it doesn't make sense for them to join willingly.
My other concern is that Meliodas should have been around 32K to 60K when he fought the DK, considering he was in love with Liz. Meaning the DK ain't that strong either. And with Meliodas gone and weaker and the DK killed, how would the goddesses lose their physical form ? :confused:

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Something is strange.

How could Glonixia and Balor's have got their commandements if they killed the DK ? Why would they have joined the DC if they just had killed the TC ? Meliodas left the DC, which means they knew it was a matter of time before the Goddesses and the other clans would win the battle. So it doesn't make sense for them to join willingly.
My other concern is that Meliodas should have been around 32K to 60K when he fought the DK, considering he was in love with Liz. Meaning the DK ain't that strong either. And with Meliodas gone and weaker and the DK killed, how would the goddesses lose their physical form ? :confused:
Maybe the power they used to sealed the demon clan cause them 2 lose their physical form.

Last edited:

Rescorlian

Reaction score
Country
France
Maybe the power they used to sealed the demon clan cause them 2 lose their physical form.
Yeah but why would they need to seal the demon clan with Meliodas gone and the DK dead ?

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
But that leaves the question, why aren't demons using their true power then? It would be plausible they have yet to recover their power but there is a weird thing here. Fraudrin implied that mel's power now was much like it was 3000 years ago. If the other demons can power up in the same way and to begin with have comparable PLs it means that other demons should be able to reach powers comparable to peak mels. And if deriere had already recovered enough to transform then it makes sense that estarosa, who is also a physical fighter who uses little magic) would be able to transform as well.

As for nerobasta, to me it seems like the implication here is that she was a very weak goddess in general. And deriere was clearly not "forced" to anything. She seemed simply angry that she ran into a goddess and eliminated her with ease. Even moonspiet implied nerobasta was not that much of a threat (IIRC he said she was only a corporal lance). To me it just seems like her mark reacted to her anger but it also wasn't a transformation comparable to mel's.
Some stuff about the Mark I've observed.

It isn't mere decoration.

It isn't there for show, it actually grants power -- power of darkness.

The power exemplified is dependent on how much the user taps into the darkness. A non-violent (tame) looking mark is the most basic form of this POD. The 10c all have this stage activated 24/7 like Itachi with his Sharingan (maybe by actively leaving it like this 24/7, they incrementally gain great mastery over the POD in general, but who knows).

The mark's design changes or spreads depending on how much POD the user is tapping in to. For example; Derriere's tame-looking mark was starting to protrude in a violent fashion when she confronted Nerobasta; meaning she was powering up.

When Nerobasta used ARK on Derriere, Derrierie was screaming in pain (she was hurting badly). Monspiet was very concerned as it looks like she was even decomposing

It wasn't until she activated an even great portion of her POD, powering her up even more, did she become able to break free of ARK.

After having her revenge on Nerobasta, Derriere powered down & her mark returned to stage one (tame).

Whether or not she has a fully demonised form like Meliodas remains to be seen, but we have sufficient evidence to affirm that her mark does increase her PL like Meliodas' own mark increases his.

As for why Estarossa or any of the Commandment didn't activate a powered up version of their POD form during their fights is really is anyone's guess. I guess not all of the 10c could control the POD as proficiently as Derrierie -- perhaps they'd also lose their mind like Meliodas' did at times if they tap into too much POD. I also guess that that it's due to superiority complex. The 10c consist of many arrogant individuals that believe everyone else not of Goddess blood is automatically inferior to them. Their lackadaisical attitude towards anyone not of Goddess blood is disadvantageous for them during fights as it lets others get the drop on them.

If the other demons can power up in the same way and to begin with have comparable PLs it means that other demons should be able to reach powers comparable to peak mels.
I think you're underestimating the Supreme Demon considerably here.:)

Peak Meliodas is still a complete mystery. All we know is that he was the Strongest Demon.

I think you should also take into consideration that not all Demons have the same lvl of power in base, thus the 10c wouldn't necessarily be comparable with their POD form activated. Demonised (tame) Estarossa only has comparable PL to current BASE Meliodas, who hasn't even reach Supreme Demon status yet.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

The power exemplified is dependent on how much the user taps into the darkness. A non-violent (tame) looking mark is the most basic form of this POD. The 10c all have this stage activated 24/7 like Itachi with his Sharingan (maybe by actively leaving it like this 24/7, they incrementally gain great mastery over the POD in general, but who knows).

The mark's design changes or spreads depending on how much POD the user is tapping in to. For example; Derriere's tame-looking mark was starting to protrude in a violent fashion when she confronted Nerobasta; meaning she was powering up.

When Nerobasta used ARK on Derriere, Derrierie was screaming in pain (she was hurting badly). Monspiet was very concerned as it looks like she was even decomposing

It wasn't until she activated an even great portion of her POD, powering her up even more, did she become able to break free of ARK.

After having her revenge on Nerobasta, Derriere powered down & her mark returned to stage one (tame).

Whether or not she has a fully demonised form like Meliodas remains to be seen, but we have sufficient evidence to affirm that her mark does increase her PL like Meliodas' own mark increases his.

As for why Estarossa or any of the Commandment didn't activate a powered up version of their POD form during their fights is really is anyone's guess. I guess not all of the 10c could control the POD as proficiently as Derrierie -- perhaps they'd also lose their mind like Meliodas' did at times if they tap into too much POD. I also guess that that it's due to superiority complex. The 10c consist of many arrogant individuals that believe everyone else not of Goddess blood is automatically inferior to them. Their lackadaisical attitude towards anyone not of Goddess blood is disadvantageous for them during fights as it lets others get the drop on them.

Peak Meliodas is still a complete mystery. All we know is that he was the Strongest Demon.

I think you should also take into consideration that not all Demons have the same lvl of power in base, thus the 10c wouldn't necessarily be comparable with their POD form activated. Demonised (tame) Estarossa only has comparable PL to current BASE Meliodas, who hasn't even reach Supreme Demon status yet.
Or maybe they didnt have the time to use it
Like estarossa, the moment when escanor powered up he went brain dead
He maybe could've done better if he hadnt underestimate escanor
I also hope estarossa and zeldris are atleast close to mel in strength and atleast one of them can use the same mark as meliodas
And btw
What if the demon mark mel has is not exclusive to him but to all the Royal Family? And it's a link to the demon king? With it the user can borrow the dk's powers....

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Or maybe they didnt have the time to use it
Like estarossa, the moment when escanor powered up he went brain dead
He maybe could've done better if he hadnt underestimate escanor
I also hope estarossa and zeldris are atleast close to mel in strength and atleast one of them can use the same mark as meliodas
And btw
What if the demon mark mel has is not exclusive to him but to all the Royal Family? And it's a link to the demon king? With it the user can borrow the dk's powers....
A cheap third-rate substitute like Fraudrin (as Meliodas puts it) had the Demonic mark when Gowther was still active in duty as 10C.

So nah. I don't think it's exclusive to Meliodas or the 10C or even the Royal Family; it's just a Demon thing.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I was talking about that round mark that looks like an eye
But i wonder why meliodas is much stronger than his brothers
In the flashback he didn't look much older than estarossa yet the gap in strength was huge
Wonder if the Dk did something to mel to make him this strong

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I was talking about that round mark that looks like an eye
But i wonder why meliodas is much stronger than his brothers
In the flashback he didn't look much older than estarossa yet the gap in strength was huge
Wonder if the Dk did something to mel to make him this strong
Asking why Meliodas is stronger than his brothers is tantamount to asking why the Demon King is lord over his subjects as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, it's possible they all have these versions of the Mark

or something similar (maybe more advanced since I don't even think we've seen a fully demonised form yet).

As for this one version ....
Don't see it happening... maybe Zeldris might develop something similar EOS.

As for how Meliodas ages biologically; I don't think that's relevant with regards to your point. Even now he looks like he's barely older than young Estarossa in the flashback.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I am not so sure that this is evidence of an actual power increase. Power increases are usually noted either by others or by a PL reading confirmation. And her darkness didn't respond like that due to an imminent threat, she was simply pissed. At least going by meliodas, it does not seem like people "tap" into a given amount of POD. They either use it or not.

As for mel.... If he had that final transformation we have seen early then why not use it against dolor and gloxinia? Instead after he got his power back he stuck to the one we saw before he died. And as far as we know mel did in fact go all out and fought until he couldn't hold his transformation anymore. To me it seems like that final transformation at the time was the result of him being unable to control what little power he had and once he got everything back his actual full transformation was the one we saw against gloxinia and dolor.

At least going by fraudrin's words, not much of a mystery anymore. According to fraudrin meliodas' power is comparable to what it was back in the day.

And at this point, the best explanation as for why demons haven't transformed even though the hypothetical explanations could have saved their lives is simply that they can't transform further. Now, it is plausible they haven't transformed further because they hadn't recovered further but... Fraudrin who should have been at the top of his game from the start also did not transform. Galan had enough magic for his overdrive and did not transform. Estarosa and zeldris seem to have smaller amounts of magic and did not transform. Dolor and gloxinia did not transform. Greylord did not transform either.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Something is strange.

Personally, I'm currently not sold on the idea that Glox, Dolor, and Mel were successful in their venture to kill the Demon King.

Anyway, Glox probably didn't give a shit about anything after losing "the thing most precious to him" and was fine with burning the world down with the demons. Dolor probably saw the demons as strong and was fine with joining them to gain more strength for himself.

60K is probably more to his original strength, unless of course, falling in love actually made him lose his original power. He also had to get assistance from Glox and Dolor. Maybe those two were stronger as well back then for some reason? I'm biased towards Glox, so I wouldn't mind that being the case. Or maybe the DK was already dying and they got him while he was weaker.