Discussion - General Couples/Relationship Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion General Couples/Relationship Thread

What is your favorite love story in NnT?

• Mel x Elizabeth

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Ban x Elaine

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • King x Diane

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Margaret x Gilthunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadja x Gowther

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Ban x Jericho

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Diane x Hauser

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Escanor x Merlin

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Gloxinia x Gerharde

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Derieri x Monspiet

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

LivewireToriko

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Well out of the main ones

King X Diane - The best. King's entire life sucks, and the universe seems hellbent on denying him this one bit of happiness. They already like each other. This will be the most satisfying.

Ban X Elaine - He stays faithful to her even after she died. Still continues to look for a way to revive her.

Meliodas X Elizabeth -Generic.

Gowther needs someone. Maybe he'll get a goddess? Or maybe the guila thing will be revisited and he will try to properly apologize once he gains emotions and realizes how much of a dick he was to her, and that making her have sex with him was wrong, and then they slowly grow closer?

Escanor X Merlin - I don't know about this one. Nobody knows what Merlin is thinking and Escanor himself said he isn't expecting or trying to be anything more with her, and knows he likely isn't anything more than a interesting research subject for her, and so far I would say that is likely the case.

He might need to find someone else. Maybe he'll get a goddess instead by beating one, and not killing them and impressing them with his chivalry or something, and neutralizing them as threat with the power of love? And due to her constant advances he eventually starts liking her? Not being scared of him seems to be a huge thing when it comes to romance for him.

He did give Mera that option to live if she wanted.

We still have two men in the sins group with questionable romantic futures, and the next arc antagonists are all women.

So one of them has gotta be finding their true love here IMO.

Merlin might not end up with anyone since she seemingly has no interest in romance. So she just might go back to raising Arthur into a proper king/warrior, plus he has a crush on her too.

I'm not saying it'll go anywhere because he is still just a kid, but maybe when he's older?

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I guess there would be more female characters in the futur so i guess he will find his true love
There's also janko and deldrey

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I guess there would be more female characters in the futur so i guess he will find his true love
There's also janko and deldrey
Pretty sure that Arden calls dibs on deldrey

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nakaba will probably pair him with a random human girl. As things are now, Guila ending with Howzer would be odd. As for Guila and Gowther, it's still a possibility considering that chapter when she learnt about his identity but the fact that it began because Gowther used her as a guinea pig makes it even odder. She also dumped him and is looking for someone else according to the fanbook.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Pretty sure that Arden calls dibs on deldrey
You reminded me, Arden didn't appear at all in this chapter. Something will happen/happened to him maybe?

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jericho.

I can see Howzer and Jericho getting together, as much as I don't care about the love life of Howzer. I would say Guila is a bit young, but this is Nanatsu no Taizai. That stuff flies in their world.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jericho.

I can see Howzer and Jericho getting together, as much as I don't care about the love life of Howzer. I would say Guila is a bit young, but this is Nanatsu no Taizai. That stuff flies in their world.
Yeah that's the norm in this universe which brings me to next point. Jericho will end up with Ban (creepy as it is because technically he's in his 40's) because Elaine is not coming back.

Also Howzer and Gil will be joint Grand Holy Knights

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nah Janko is being lowkey shipped with Nightscanor already lul

Deldrey is just tsundere for Arden. They gonna end up with each other for sure. Guila looking for someone else.. hm. Not sure about that. Technically Gowther the COMMANDMENT is someone else! :derp
But heck, that would be creeeepy as hell, she would just go for an even worse guy.

Man, Taizai shipping is complicated.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah that's the norm in this universe which brings me to next point. Jericho will end up with Ban (creepy as it is because technically he's in his 40's) because Elaine is not coming back.
Nah, Ban and Elaine is one of the endgame romances, that much is clear. This author loves his One True Love romances.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nah, Ban and Elaine is one of the endgame romances, that much is clear. This author loves his One True Love romances.
This. I did think that he might end with Jericho before, or even with both, but his obsession with Elaine is blatant and Jericho has been sister-zoned. He will find a way to stay with her for sure. The fanbook implies that she gave up too.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That dancing scene was just :hearts

Catipulted them right into 1 pairing for me too. Sorry KingxDiane.
Indeed, very slick from Gloxinia :heh.

That single moment was much better than most of the moments for the other pairings. Liked the one with King and Diane too, they felts like a family in this chapter. Maybe Nakaba is getting better at writing romance because I am not as annoyed by Melizabeth as I were before, since Mel's return I find things between a lot more natural.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany

That single moment was much better than most of the moments for the other pairings. Liked the one with King and Diane too, they felts like a family in this chapter. Maybe Nakaba is getting better at writing romance because I am not as annoyed by Melizabeth as I were before, since Mel's return I find things between a lot more natural.
He's always had it in him. Some of his one-shots and previous series had really romantic panels that conveyed emotion very well. Mel is just a shit. XD

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker

> Rig the poll
> Add Gloxinia x Gerharde
> Rig the votes
> ???
> Profit

Since we all agree on this ship, let's just embrace its superiority.

kiriya

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gloxinia x Gerharde, the pairing of the decade. The fact that it's listed as "Other" offends me.
Hey, have to give the other ships a chance. :teehee Added it, though. As well as a few other pairings, because man, this poll was really outdated.

Bigbootyjudy

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Hey, have to give the other ships a chance. :teehee Added it, though. As well as a few other pairings, because man, this poll was really outdated.
Where is EscanorXEstarossa? You disappoint me :nah