Discussion - General Couples/Relationship Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion General Couples/Relationship Thread

What is your favorite love story in NnT?

• Mel x Elizabeth

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Ban x Elaine

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • King x Diane

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Margaret x Gilthunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadja x Gowther

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Ban x Jericho

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Diane x Hauser

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Escanor x Merlin

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Gloxinia x Gerharde

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Derieri x Monspiet

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

kiriya

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I know this will never happen but I really like Mel x Merlin.

He's always had it in him. Some of his one-shots and previous series had really romantic panels that conveyed emotion very well. Mel is just a shit. XD
It's more the execution that I don't like. And I find Mel fine if you exclude the fact that his always harasses her, lot of tings which were annoying me are related to Elizabeth, but things are better now.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I find it kinda sad that all the Sins except King have more than one person vying for their affection. Escanor as well, but you can't tell me that when the Sun is up, he ain't making panties drop across Britania.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Escanor as well, but you can't tell me that when the Sun is up, he ain't making panties drop across Britania.
He's a monster in everyone else's eyes, so I highly doubt it.

Escanorzoldyck

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not this version (this one should be every girl's dream )

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I find it kinda sad that all the Sins except King have more than one person vying for their affection. Escanor as well, but you can't tell me that when the Sun is up, he ain't making panties drop across Britania.
Gowther and Merlin as well.

Meliodas: Zaneli.
Diane: Howzer.
Ban: Jericho(not anymore).
King: No one(Diane only).
Gowther: No one(Guila dumped him).
Merlin: No one(Escanor is the only one).
Escanor: No one.

King is certain to end with Diane so he is rather lucky, as for Gowther, Merlin and Escanor, maybe there will be more reveals since their past have not been revealed. Like Rosa for Escanor or something, Nakaba really likes pairing with much younger people with older ones so it would not surprise me at all.

He's a monster in everyone else's eyes, so I highly doubt it.
I find it really weird TBH. His kingdom found him scary because of is different appearance, but if you don't know him why would you even be afraid? In his younger days especially. Maybe his Sunshine has a wicked aura similar to the PoD. There is the height and heat issue but he doesn't reach Giant size or burn everything immediately.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gowther and Merlin as well.

Meliodas: Zaneli.
Diane: Howzer.
Ban: Jericho(not anymore).
King: No one(Diane only).
Gowther: No one(Guila dumped him).
Merlin: No one(Escanor is the only one).
Escanor: No one.

King is certain to end with Diane so he is rather lucky, as for Gowther, Merlin and Escanor, maybe there will be more reveals since their past have not been revealed. Like Rosa for Escanor or something, Nakaba really likes pairing with much younger people with older ones so it would not surprise me at all.
I do believe Nakaba has mentioned, either in story or out of story, that Merlin is desired by a lot of men in Liones. Plus we know she was in love once upon a time.

Gowther has Slader and I wouldn't count Guila out of the running for him either.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I do believe Nakaba has mentioned, either in story or out of story, that Merlin is desired by a lot of men in Liones. Plus we know she was in love once upon a time.

Gowther has Slader and I wouldn't count Guila out of the running for him either.
Well, it would be quite ridiculous for someone like Merlin to be unpopular, but among the named characters there is no one besides Escanor.

Slader? :XD Yes he is interested in him like that but in his case it appears to be more lust than love. It's a guy who has countless boyfriends, he was with one of them when the Sins came to rescue Elizabeth. And despite his attraction to him he still wanted to kill him and attempted to do so without hesitation. I am not totally excluding Guila, but she did dump him and is looking for someone she really loves him according to the Fanbook. She might fall for Selfless Gowther in the future but she doesn't love the current Gowther.

AiNana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm rooting for Gloxinia and Gerharde. :cuddle
The thing is... Gerharde's around 4000 years old, which means she probably drinks from the fountain of youth to still advise the future fairy kings.
But, what if she knew Gloxinia was still alive but didn't dare to unseal the demon clan? Though doubtfull, she was quite shocked to hear his voice again and cries.
Also the pairing is from the same clan which is more logical to me. I can't see the forming of a family between different races. Still finding cute and amazing though if it's possible in that world.:x3

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I can't see the forming of a family between different races. Still finding cute and amazing though if it's possible in that world.:x3
Diane talked about marriage and children before and there is Matrona who wants children with Zarpa so it must be possible.

Marco Polo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Merlin x Marco Polo

I honestly don't know, I quite like the pairings as a whole
Meliodas and Elizabeth probably have the most moments that hit me in the feels but that's to be expected tbh

Unpopular opinion, I prefer Ban x Jericho to Ban x Elaine, that's the one pairing that I just find super annoying for whatever reason

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not really a pairing other than in a purely platonic sense but Dolor and Gloxinia have a level of broship that easily rivals Ban and Mel or Dreyfus and Hendy.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not really a pairing other than in a purely platonic sense but Dolor and Gloxinia have a level of broship that easily rivals Ban and Mel or Dreyfus and Hendy.
Glox and Dolor and King and Ban are my favorite Bro Combos.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Since I'm a massive fan of Jericho X Guila happening. Found this wonderful post by ladyjericho that gives me hope that Nakba is going that way with them.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Since I'm a massive fan of Jericho X Guila happening. Found this wonderful post by ladyjericho that gives me hope that Nakba is going that way with them.
Heh, I never considered that. I find a lot of things are exaggerated but overall it makes sense. I assumed that Gowther and Jericho were together because Gowther wanted to get a heart and learns about love while Jericho wanted Ban's love. Considering her scenes with the evil Elaine and what she said about him while they were traveling, it's hard to think about it as sexual attraction only. It's also written in the fan book that she is looking for another man. Though it's the same for Guila(no mention of gender this time), maybe that's a hint regarding their relationship?

Last edited:

kris

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Heh, I never considered that. I find a lot of things are exaggerated but overall it makes sense. I assumed that Gowther and Jericho were together because Gowther wanted to get a heart and learns about love while Jericho wanted Ban's love. Considering her scenes with the evil Elaine and what she said about him while they were traveling, it's hard to think about it as sexual attraction only. It's also written in the fan book that she is looking for another man. Though it's the same for Guila(no mention of gender this time), maybe that's a hint regarding their relationship?
(I can't believe someone shared my post... And thanks so much for reading it. I'm flattered you think it makes some sense. Sorry for the long reply, I just enjoy theorizing with people about this stuff.)

I thought the same, but after re-reading, I noted that Gowther's curiosity was no longer romance-based, he was just seeking a heart to feel in general (remorse, specifically); and Jericho had let Ban go by then (she never mentioned her feelings after she saved Ban & Elaine, started referring to him as a friend/comrade, etc.) So, I think their choice as partners definitely had to do with Guila, since she was the first thing they talked about when they were paired.

Despite what I said in the post, I also have trouble seeing Jericho's interest in Ban as lust. I'm still unsure of it, even though Jericho said so/confirmed it herself. But, her demeanor towards Ban was sudden, exaggerated, & impulsive... there was a hard emphasis on how little she knew of him... maybe it was intentional? She never gave justification for her "love" other than that he saved her life/was a nice dude, & she owed him. Despite proclaiming no one could love him as much as her, she moved on without a problem, & started advocating for Ban/Elaine's relationship. It's interesting to think about. I wanna see where it's going, since she's dreaming of a new love... even if she's dreaming of a man. And yes, I really agree that Guila's entry in the fanbook is suspicious.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the Glox and Gerhard ship sunk...or has it just sailed new waters ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Is the Glox and Gerhard ship sunk...or has it just sailed new waters ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?
I wanted to remove it, but judging by how much people love wincest... I mean, what the heck? 2 people have voted for that ship after the revelation that they're siblings.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
They are Fairies, human rules don't apply to them :heh. We don't even know the details of a Fairy birth, even their concept of family is weird.

I was shipping it before but I don't know now, I have no reason not to ship it at least. It is at least very clear that she was the one Gloxinia loved the most and there is that dance thing, their relationship might have been incestuous but if it's not Nakaba trolled us.

It's not sunk IMO.