Favorite Battle | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorite Battle

What's Your Favorite Battle

• Zoro vs Kaku

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Zoro vs Mihawk

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Zoro vs Ryuma

• Luffy & Zoro vs Bellamy Pirates

• Luffy vs Lucci

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Luffy vs Doffy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luffy vs Usopp

• Luffy vs Three Admirals

• Luffy vs Crocodile

• Whitebeard vs Akainu

• Sanji vs Jabra

• Usopp vs Perona

• Whitebeard vs Akainu

• Ace vs Blackbeard

• Kizaru vs. Supernovas

• Davy Back Fight Groggy Ring event: Zoro & Sanji vs Groggy Monsters

• Marco vs Kizaru

• Cavendish & Barto vs Gladius

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Welcome to the Voting Phase for the
Favorite Battle

This thread is for voting for this specific category only. For discussion regarding other categories, please visit their respective category threads. For general information and discussion of the Awards, kindly visit the One Piece Awards 2016 - Info and Discussion Thread.

Voting Info - "How to Vote"
Once the nomination phase is over and the polls are made, the voting phase begins. Please bear in mind that once you have voted, the count will be final. Therefore, please do think carefully before casting your votes. You may like to discuss ideas and opinion with other participants before voting. Think and choose wisely will be the key.

Voting round spans from 4th December to 10th December 2016.

We look forward to your votes.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

:^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll limit myself to one Zoro nomination here... though Mihawk/Daz Bones was epic :blush

Zoro vs Kaku
Luffy vs Lucci
Whitebeard vs Akainu

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Supporting Sanji vs. Jabra.
Adding Luffy vs. Usopp (possibly my all time favorite because it was the emotions, not the attacks, which was the most painful).
Also adding Luffy vs. Bellamy. If it's possible I'd like to say the fight starts with Luffy and Zoro letting themselves be beat up, and ends with Luffy's One-Hit-K.O.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate:

Luffy vs. Lucci - Probably the best fight in the series.
Sanji vs. Jyabura - Fun little fight.
Kizaru vs. Supernovas - Lol, they got wrecked so bad.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
I'd go for:

1) Monkey D. Luffy + Roronoa Zoro Vs Bellamy Pirates:
What a wonder of willpower.

2) Monkey D. Luffy Vs Usopp:
This was a gamble where both could've lose something. A wondrous battle between men.

3) Davy Back Fight "Strawhat Pirates Vs Foxy Pirates" Groggy Ring event: Roronoa Zoro + Vinsmoke Sanji Vs Groggy Monsters:
What a blast for a battle, seeing Zoro swordless and Sanji teaming up when Nami was watching, so hilarious!

Norland

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Luffy vs Lucci
Zoro vs Ryuma
Sanji vs Jyabura

honorable mentions : Zoro vs Kaku, Luffy vs Usopp, Zoro vs Mr.1

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Zoro VS Kaku
Luffy VS Lucci
Sanji VS Jabra
Usopp VS Perona
Luffy VS Usopp

Are the battles i'd like to vote for. Unfortunately i have only one vote :emocat
I'll vote for Luffy VS Usopp. Emotions, great showing from Usopp. The reason for fighting ws silly, but the fight itsefl was pretty good. Far better than what you would expect.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Went Zoro vs Kaku because of Asura. But my sentimental pick would have been v Mihawk.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
For now I went with Luffy vs. Three Admirals.

I know it's not exactly a "fight" such as the epic, long ones like Luffy/Lucci and the rest, but for me it clearly embodies what One Piece and Luffy have always been about.

Luffy had just gone through Impel Down and almost dying there in the process, then came to Marineford where he'd get punched and kicked every two steps he took, and then eventually he came face to face with the Admirals.

We readers knew - and so did Luffy, probably - that he didn't have a single chance.
Even if Luffy was at 100% health, stamina and fighting power, he would've never been able to beat a single Admiral then and there.

And yet, he decided to take on the 3 of them at the same time.

This is one of the few moments where only people who've been reading/watching OP since the beginning can truly feel the power, the situation, and everything that's at stake. And that soundtrack, man...

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Alright. I knew I'd advocated for Luffy vs. Usopp some time before. Turns out.. It was in the One Piece Awards!

I pretty much still stand by the quote below. I like a well-choreographed, action-packed fight filled with cool techniques as much as the next guy. But it's when there's emotional weight behind every punch that One Piece is at its best, and beats all other Shonen battle manga.

I support Luffy vs. Usopp. Because fights don't have to be about big techniques or strong opponents. Every punch and dial they were hit by must've hurt so much more just because it was from their best friend, not to mention how much it must've hurt inside to punch your friend in the face with all you've got. There was never such mental torment and emotion behind a fight again (okay, maybe Luffy vs. Lucci, but in a much different way) and thats, in my opinion what makes this fight great. It wasn't filled with tension because you were unsure who was gonna win; you knew from the start that no one would, really. It's the pure emotion of friends being ripped apart against their will that makes the fight intense all the way through. Watching this in the anime the first time, I won't lie, I had tears in my eyes.

Not saying that it wasn't at all a good fight in terms of fighting either, because Usopp really got to show off his "Usopp Tactics" (my nomination for favorite non-DF ability) against someone he knew how to fight. But where that style of fighting is usually used as comedy in the series, that was all turned around in this fight. Every lie, every ketchup stain and egg to the face which would normally be funny was just seen as tragic attempts to best his captain who he knew was much stronger than him - but surprisingly, it worked quite well. Not to the point where you were ever unsure that he'd be beaten by Luffy, though. But again, in a fight like this, no one wins.

It's been my favorite fight since I first saw it with eyes filled with tears.

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
I will go with WHITEBEARD vs AKAINU here........I enjoyed seeing THAT PIECE OF SCUM getting toyed and destroyed like a PEBBLE he was .I liked to see the despair on his face when he realized what was coming.

I used to enjoy, am enjoying and will still enjoy the battle and especially these

An awesome scene