Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 345 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
It would be nice to get Ole Golazo, Jump just doesn't feel right without a sports series or two and it'd be nice for the English magazine to start running them.

As an aside I wish they would've tested the RWBY manga's reception as a jump start first instead of forcing the garbage on us. I'm not the biggest fan of the youtube series but the manga is just plain terrible, the first thing they add in years without checking if the readers like it beforehand and it's the worst series they've ever ran.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It would be nice to get Ole Golazo, Jump just doesn't feel right without a sports series or two and it'd be nice for the English magazine to start running them.

As an aside I wish they would've tested the RWBY manga's reception as a jump start first instead of forcing the garbage on us. I'm not the biggest fan of the youtube series but the manga is just plain terrible, the first thing they add in years without checking if the readers like it beforehand and it's the worst series they've ever ran.
Haikyuu is still waiting for years. XD
That's why I think that Ole Golazo is a lost battle already. They didn't publish Haikyuu, a huge success!

Yes, I dropped that thing, it is unbearable.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
They're publishing Haikyuu on their free site and bring over the volumes, it's a start at least. It's a bit too late to suddenly add it to the roster though, especially since it'll be a while before they catch up.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States

I e been giving RWBY low scores in the questionaires, hoping that everyone is doing the same so we can get it out of there

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I've been giving it low ratings too but sadly it's probably too late to get rid of it now. We'll just have to deal with it taking up space for the next couple months until it catches up to the jp releases switching to monthly, and then hope the manga doesn't last very long.

Has english Jump ever dropped anything? Counting the old physical days too.

What are the votes and rankings for in English Jump anyway? I know it helps them decide what to pick up from the Jump Starts but I can't tell other than that, it doesn't feel like the chapter order hasn't much to do with the rankings.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
And at #7 too, just like Oricon's rank.... Coincidence?

Nakurawari

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Is that a big deal? I have no idea honestly.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Debating if I should just wait till the My Hero Academia anime or dive into the manga... it's not that many chapters I believe but I'm just so lazy lol it seems like something I'll like though.

Boruto was very much trash in the first 5 chapters but nobody can say it hasn't proved even a little bit since then. Art getting better, only 2 or so more chapters until new material... not the little added filler stuff.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Is that a big deal? I have no idea honestly.
Honestly, I don't think so. Japanese market is the only one that matters for publishers and studios. Something can get the oscar, but if it was not successful in Japan they will not continue with it.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just finished reading Golazo second chapter
the manga itself is cool, the mc is turning out to be a Hanamichi wanna be but whatever it's still fine
I have problem with Viz translation, it's clear that the translator doesn't know what the terms means

for example the girl tell mc to "cut" which in football terms means intercept/steal, but the translator made it sound like she's telling him to run down the field

also viz trend:
Zoro = Zolo
Boro = Bolo
Sister Krone= Sister Klone
Fabio Capello (a real person) = coach Capurro?

are they trolling? or is it written like that in Japanese

someone should keep up with the running gag of the girl wearing clothes with the names of famous players on them
first chapter was Batistuta second chapter was M'Boma

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
So because of Oda's editor saying that One Piece's Whole Cake Island arc is half way done, Forneverworld is theorizing that Jump is rushing Oda....

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
And of course his subscribers base of 12 years old are agreeing with him blindly

When WSM announced Nanatsu no Taizai author condition isn't serious and he's fine, he said that they're lying to us and his condition is serious

he was projecting because he's the pathological liar

Tanzo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
his subscriber base of 12yos and tsundere late-teens/20-somethings who totally don't watch his videos because they like them or anything baka

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
both volumes of Boruto and both volumes of Dragon Ball Super are in shoseki top 50

and people thought adapting anime to manga doesn't work

DBS second volume is between Black Clover and Yuuna which means it's a 100k seller, that's 70k increase in sales compared to the first volume
volume 3 which will cover Zamazu stuff might even surpass those 2
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
colored preview for next week Prince of Tennis mangaka's oneshot

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Looks like a dodge ball, maybe bowling?

It's probably another version of a tennis ball :derp

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Looks like dodge ball, maybe bowling?

It's probably another version of a tennis ball :derp
It's really hard to make bowling interesting.....I hope it's bowling.

But Dodgeball: The Manga would be cool.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd be fine with a dodgeball manga if Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller were in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.