Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
  • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The art seems to be getting better... but it's still the movie and it's boring as hell... I mean for people who didn't watch the movie it's needed but man gotta admit the manga is trash so far. Bright side is we'll get new content in about 2-3 chapters w/ more improved art so hope it's worthwhile cause it's dry for people who watched the movie. Hinata's titis disappearing act is saddening, why ruin the best thing in the series. A few chapters ago we got some added material of Kankuro's son/newphew and his squad which was cool but not this chapter which made it boring. I'l be following though so hopefully it gets better.

mangah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
well nothing new except Sasuke is the one who gave forehead protector to Boruto ....

at this rate , this will continue till spring ....

I hope new writer used this time to make a good story with new ideas ( not "my gens is stronger so I'm right " )

nichendrix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Actually there are some bits on this issue that wasn't on the movie and and improved on it, nothing too fancy, things like Sasuke explaining to Boruto why Naruto didn't blow Momoshiki to pieces, parts of Sasuke's talk with Boruto, and that added a depth that the movie lacked. The fight against the Ootsutsuki duo should be pretty much over in two issues.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Actually there are some bits on this issue that wasn't on the movie and and improved on it, nothing too fancy, things like Sasuke explaining to Boruto why Naruto didn't blow Momoshiki to pieces, parts of Sasuke's talk with Boruto, and that added a depth that the movie lacked. The fight against the Ootsutsuki duo should be pretty much over in two issues.
Still, the monthly serialization + just telling the events of the movie killed the manga from the start
I will only read this once the movie events are done, until then I won't read it

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Still, the monthly serialization + just telling the events of the movie killed the manga from the start
I will only read this once the movie events are done, until then I won't read it
As I said before, the the Boruto series consistently is either the top seller or among the top sellers of the week it is released, so it seems that to the japanese audience, the manga is very far from dead.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
As I said before, the the Boruto series consistently is either the top seller or among the top sellers of the week it is released, so it seems that to the japanese audience, the manga is very far from dead.
Can't say I understand japanese tastes honestly...

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Essentially we will see at least everything until Momoshiki's final transformation and the beginning of the second and last part of the fight (and the movie), if it caps there, in January we'll have new content, if it goes all the way up to the end, then we will have new stuff next month.

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...

Chapter is out and I must admit that Ikemono did a much better design of MomoKin than the movie.

It's nice to see that they are finally breaking away from the movie plot and showing some original writting.

mangah

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Lets talk about this manga ....

we already knew what going happen but there are some difference to the movie .... look like there won't be another jutsu spamming and sasuke is taking the lead ( although , Sasuke can absorb ninjustu as well , so he shouldn't have any difficulty but yeah , he was restricted so the villian could pose a thread )

the fight was good but it just need more details ....

the enemy show another use of Rinnegan ...

the art become better and the last page was masterpiece .... the mangaka simply showed us his Superior character design and ability compare to Kishimoto but he still is not as good as kishimoto in perspective drawing of characters ...

something is clear , in Boruto manga , Boruto and Sasuke will get more screen time than Naruto

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Looking forward to the point when we actually get into unknown territory outside the move because it's pretty boring so far. I don't even see Kishi finishing Boruto anyways :/

Eisenfaust

Reaction score
Country
England
Any spoiler out now???
I read we have this week a Boruto chapter.

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Boruto 8 is out (at least the brazilian portuguese Edited Manga was released today), it seems that they announce the start of the Boruto anime series for next summer, also Boruto 9 was announced to be released in January, 7th.

Momoshiki's fight against the 5 Kages + Sasuke is essentially new material, at least until the page I've read, it was entirely scenes that don't appear in the anime version or longer versions of what is in the anime with some pieces on the movie in between. And Ikemoto's action scenes are better than Kishimoto's, at least better than anything he did from the Pain arc to now.

EDIT:
Finally got to read it entirely, to me it was the best chapter, the art had quite an improvement, and they seemed to realize that it would not do just to repeat what's in the movie, so they created their own improved version of the 5 Kages + Sasuke fight, also there are some new pieces of interaction between Sasuke and Boruto that I don't recall being on the movie.

Last edited:

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
An anime when they didn't even finish with the movie plot ? Meeeeh
Hopefully this whole mess will be finished in 2 chapters at most, this is very boring

SnailBeast

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well I gues chapter wasn't that bad. It's just a little bit predictable but it's ok.
At least I was interested