Discussion - The Goddess Clan Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Goddess Clan Thread

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, them being goddesses is not that big a surprise. the databook made the point they were 3000 years old. But I would have assumed there was more to this considering even goddesses can't live that long (apparently). I thought they would be reincarnated goddesses or perhaps were hosting goddesses. It's also weird they don't have wings, wings seem to be a common feature of goddesses.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Well, them being goddesses is not that big a surprise. the databook made the point they were 3000 years old. But I would have assumed there was more to this considering even goddesses can't live that long (apparently). I thought they would be reincarnated goddesses or perhaps were hosting goddesses. It's also weird they don't have wings, wings seem to be a common feature of goddesses.
In the databook there age is listed as 1800 years old not 3000 years. As you mentioned there could be reincarnation of a goddess like Elizabeth is . I don't think there hosting one like Denzel since they don't have same eyes he did when Nerobasta was inside him.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
In the databook there age is listed as 1800 years old not 3000 years. As you mentioned there could be reincarnation of a goddess like Elizabeth is . I don't think there hosting one like Denzel since they don't have same eyes he did when Nerobasta was inside him.
Ah, you are right. It is still weird though. if they are 1800 years old then they shouldn't be exactly as liz as they would live human lives at a time. In turn if they were 1800 years old then even as goddesses they would be pretty old, even near the end of their lifespans. I guess they could be actual, very ancient, goddesses that have hidden their true appearance somehow.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Ah, you are right. It is still weird though. if they are 1800 years old then they shouldn't be exactly as liz as they would live human lives at a time. In turn if they were 1800 years old then even as goddesses they would be pretty old, even near the end of their lifespans. I guess they could be actual, very ancient, goddesses that have hidden their true appearance somehow.
I'm inserted in how they came to be if really true goddess since they been resting for the past 3000 years.

Bigbootyjudy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I'm inserted in how they came to be if really true goddess since they been resting for the past 3000 years.
Well it's clear that Nakaba is kind of mixing the idea of "Goddess" and "Angel" here. It could be that the Goddesses can only become tangible if they are summoned, through a druid or something, similar to how Denzel summoned Nerobusty. That could change how they age.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Well it's clear that Nakaba is kind of mixing the idea of "Goddess" and "Angel" here. It could be that the Goddesses can only become tangible if they are summoned, through a druid or something, similar to how Denzel summoned Nerobusty. That could change how they age.
Well it sounds like they had physical forms 3000 years ago not be summoned to become tangible and enter a vessel.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, the two girls could just be, in truth, half-goddess. Would explain their lack of other goddess features so far and their younger age compared to meliodas.

Also, what if the goddess clan having no energy is just a ploy, and they are just waiting for the last remmants of the demons (aka DK and 10 C) to be taken out of comission to come back and retake the world, creating a very bad religious order around them?

oxtopus

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
When meliodas said he needed to become his old self to save Elizabeth, could he have possibly been talking about saving her from the goddess clan?

Isaiah Thomas

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When meliodas said he needed to become his old self to save Elizabeth, could he have possibly been talking about saving her from the goddess clan?
That's what I thought because its like what Gowther said Meliodas didn't abandon the fight against the Goddess he just focus on protecting someone else.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Most likely them and the Demon King. I have a feeling Meliodas and 1st Elizabeth are responsible for them losing there forms.

oxtopus

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
That's what I thought because its like what Gowther said Meliodas didn't abandon the fight against the Goddess he just focus on protecting someone else.
Yh,i guess it's pretty clear the goddesses and meliodas aren't on good terms at all,I bet meliodas didn't join any side after leaving the demon clan and only focused on protecting Elizabeth and defeating the demon king. So he's still likely an enemy of the clan and they would want to take Elizabeth back from him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Most likely them and the Demon King. I have a feeling Meliodas and 1st Elizabeth are responsible for them losing there forms.
I wonder if the demon king has some kind of grudge with Elizabeth. Maybe meliodas had to kill his father because he was after Elizabeth's life.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
After the last chapter I checked and noticed Elizabeth had two pairs of light wings when she awakened against Hendrickson. I assume having two pair of wings is a sign fo being a high class Goddess, similar to Demons with their seven hearts. Lance Corporals like Nerobasta are probably the equivalent of Gray Demons.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Could something of different happened to the Goddess Queen? Like we all thought Demon King was trap in Coffin of eternal darkness but is in Purgatory.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Most likely sealed in a tool like the others, maybe she was the one at Liones. Meliodas might have killed her too, I still believe he used his Divine Slayer to kill a high level Goddess.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Most likely sealed in a tool like the others, maybe she was the one at Liones. Meliodas might have killed her too, I still believe he used his Divine Slayer to kill a high level Goddess.
Are were even sure they all sealed in tools? So you think the Horn has a Goddess sealed inside it? If so what do you thihk happened to her after Meliodas destroyed it? If Meliodas killed her where could she be? Unless she and Demon King rule half of Purgatory each. Do you think that because of the name of the technique? It couldn't kill Doler or Gloxinia though.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Are were even sure they all sealed in tools? So you think the Horn has a Goddess sealed inside it? If so what do you thihk happened to her after Meliodas destroyed it? If Meliodas killed her where could she be? Unless she and Demon King rule half of Purgatory each. Do you think that because of the name of the technique? It couldn't kill Doler or Gloxinia though.
The horn has a Goddess inside since she talked to Ban and feared Meliodas. According to King they used all their powers and are extinct. So besides Jenna, Zaneli and possible reincarnations, the ones sealed might be the only survivors. But since a low level Goddess survived, it is likely that all those of comparable levels or stronger survived as well. Those who haven't been slain during the war of course

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
So if Ludociel is male will he be the only elite 1? With the Leader and the other 3 Archangels being females.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
They are called the Goddess clan after all so I suppose the leader is most likely female, Ludociel is male but it doesn't mean all Archangels are male.

I think it's like that:
  • Goddess Queen
  • Four Archangels(mixed gender or all of them are male, they could be the only males from this clan)
  • The rest(All female)

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
They are called the Goddess clan after all so I suppose the leader is most likely female, Ludociel is male but it doesn't mean all Archangels are male.

I think it's like that:
  • Goddess Queen
  • Four Archangels(mixed gender or all of them are male, they could be the only males from this clan)
  • The rest(All female)
So their the Goddess clan yet only the Leader is the elite female? No thank you if that the case Nakaba should've named them the Angel clan. But I don't think I have to worry about that being case. Since the Goddess in the Horn is female and I doubt she's anything less than a Archangel class Goddess. She could be the Leader herself but I find that unlikely. Speaking of that I would like Ludociel to be the Goddess in the Guitar.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't see why they can't be the goddess clan unless they are all female or something. Nakaba doesn't have to care about any of that. They can be the goddess clan and still have a 50/50 ratio of males and females. If he cared about that then he probably wouldn't have made "archangels" the highest category of angels considering archangels is actually one of the lowest categories of angels.