Discussion - The Demon clan | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Demon clan

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
"I lean towards belialin being a demon considering he was able to give merlin immunity to the commandments. The commandments are curses that presumably even target goddesses so I do not expect the one who made this to have been a goddess." If that was the case then this line by Merlin make no sense
I think the Commandments don't work on Goddesses at least not for long. It's not all that surprising Esatrossa did say that there was Goddess they didn't go near so it's possible. https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/176/1/page/7

Merlin is a hybrid of both Demon & Goddess & the two cancel each out because remember Merlin also said this
That is, if a goddess can resist the curse. From what I gather ever merlin herself was speculating when she said that. Of course, it is possible that it is true and that would hint to merlin being related to the goddesses. However even then this situation is weird considering merlin speaks of immunity rather than merely lifting the curse.

I am not sure of how the bit about merlin being able to heal relates to merlin potentially being a hybrid though. What do you mean here?

Isaiah Thomas

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That is, if a goddess can resist the curse. From what I gather ever merlin herself was speculating when she said that. Of course, it is possible that it is true and that would hint to merlin being related to the goddesses. However even then this situation is weird considering merlin speaks of immunity rather than merely lifting the curse.

I am not sure of how the bit about merlin being able to heal relates to merlin potentially being a hybrid though. What do you mean here?
We know for a fact Goddess could at least heal people (we don't know about reviving) so if Merlin can't heal & only Goddesses are able 2 resist Commandments then she has to be a Hybird of at least a Goddess & a fairy, a giant, or a human.

Now if you think Merlin was guessing when she said that leaves even more question because I don't think the person who want 2 learn everything will make such a guess with nothing 2 back it up.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
We know for a fact Goddess could at least heal people (we don't know about reviving) so if Merlin can't heal & only Goddesses are able 2 resist Commandments then she has to be a Hybird of at least a Goddess & a fairy, a giant, or a human.

Now if you think Merlin was guessing when she said that leaves even more question because I don't think the person who want 2 learn everything will make such a guess with nothing 2 back it up.
How did you get fairy in the mix here? Besides, it's not only goddesses who heal people anyways. Druids do it by drawing power from nature (which merlin can't do), goddesses do it by using their powers of light or whatnot. With fairies we have seen at least two healing methods. First is king's pollen garden which provided some light healing and pain relief and then gloxinia's moon rose which is at least comparable to goddess healing though he does not quite have a supply of nectar to give around and it seems to drain him significantly.

Well, but look at what ultimately happened regarding galan's curse. Merlin had to actually remember who she was and her immunity because she forgot. merlin isn't infalible and her making an educated guess is not something to be held against her.

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
How did you get fairy in the mix here? Besides, it's not only goddesses who heal people anyways. Druids do it by drawing power from nature (which merlin can't do), goddesses do it by using their powers of light or whatnot. With fairies we have seen at least two healing methods. First is king's pollen garden which provided some light healing and pain relief and then gloxinia's moon rose which is at least comparable to goddess healing though he does not quite have a supply of nectar to give around and it seems to drain him significantly.

Well, but look at what ultimately happened regarding galan's curse. Merlin had to actually remember who she was and her immunity because she forgot. merlin isn't infalible and her making an educated guess is not something to be held against her.
I didn't say only Goddess could heal just that we know Goddess could heal & we don't know if there is a difference in the way the Goddess heal compare 2 the Druids so we can't argue this.

And don't forget Merlin forgetting things in the moment is part of her character.
  • Weak Point: Once she concentrates on something she forgets everything else around her
But it's not even like im faulting Merlin if she was guessing about the Goddess being able 2 resist the Commandments if it was a guess it's just I don't see Nakaba throwing that line out there if it was wrong from Merlin.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
But they're fighting against Stigma, unlike any of the ones you mentioned - the giants and fairies even say "those damned demons!" when referring to both groups, implying they're indeed fighting on the demons' side.
I didn't understand it like that but they can fight against Stigma and still be against the DK.

To be honest, I expect the black knights to be something like the dawn roar. Not warriors on a class of their own but rather an independent order of capable warriors. Still short of the commandments though.

As for belialin, he (she?) could be a high ranking demon but I do not expect that would be the end of the story here. When merlin explained her powers and a bit of her story she made the point of how short her lifespan was. If anything, her lifespan seems to be that of a human. Which means that without a speck of a doubt she is neither demon nor goddess. However she can't be a normal human either considering the belialin thing and the fact that her proper name cannot be pronounced by humans. So what we have is that at least one of her parents was in fact not a human and distinct enough to use words humans cannot even physically pronounce. And this being in turn is powerful enough for the demons to fear. That further negates the possibility of belialin being a human of sorts considering that according to merascylla there were no humans that could oppose demons 3000 years ago.

Now, given that "belialin" is a name that the 10 commandments remembered, it is incredibly likely that belialin is either a demon or a goddess. And a high ranking one at that. I lean towards belialin being a demon considering he was able to give merlin immunity to the commandments. The commandments are curses that presumably even target goddesses so I do not expect the one who made this to have been a goddess. In any case, there is also the consideration that merlin had a human life span and also was identified as a human by greyroad. Basically, merlin does not register as a demon to anyone, she feels like a normal human. Not even hendricksen identifies merlin as a demon and he was able to identify meliodas on the spot.

So belialin, either a demon or a goddess produced, well, a human.... There are a number of possibilities to consider here in that regard. The first that comes to mind is that merlin is a sort of hybrid. Perhaps a goddess/demon hybrid. And since demon and goddess seem to cancel each other out it is not implausible that a child of both would be born without either powers but also have powerful magic. Another possibility is that merlin wasn't so much as born as she was made. Even if merlin is not a goddess/demon hybrid there has to be some shenanigans around that explains why she was born a human though.
If Belialuin was a person and a Demon/Goddess, his/her partner was most likely from the other clan. She talked about human lifespan but I don't think she was trying to say her lifespan was the same, she was basically talking about life being finite, even Demons and Goddesses die of old age(when Ban asked her about her race, she dodged the question). Grayroad said she is Human but the Godess twins said her race is unknown, she is definitely not Human, and the former realized that later, I guess he assumed she was Human because it's what made more sense.

As for the Black Knights being similar to Dawn Roar, even though overall they were not that strong, they have Slader, who is still just below the previous GHKs Dreyfus and Hendrickson. His PL is higher than Hendrickson even.

nuur mohamed

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Six black knights... It seems nakaba is going to use this to redeem himself from the failure trash that is called the ten commandments.
But you'd think after being called the most elite of the elite demons that they'd be the strongest demon group but know we know they aren't.

Why do i think the six black knights are stronger? Well that would be because :--

. Nerobasta comments about three strong guys(and meliodas) sent to drive away one commandment being too much. Making it seem the commandment aren't that major.

. An archangel being said to have higher magical power than the commandments level.

. The statement by monspiet that
just one ark from an archangel could kill,derriere the fourth/fifth strongest commandment.

. The arch angels being 4, and the commandments 10. Shows how much of an individual power difference.

. If the commandments were truly the strongest demon group but their top members can be killed by a single ark from an arch angel,wouldn't the goddess clan have easily beaten the demons unless the demons had members stronger than the commandments which are more of a match for the arch angels?

. The commandments being stated to be able to give a good the demon clan six black knights a good challenge,would mean the six black knights are generally stronger,since they're numbers are six and the commandments are ten. Plus the way the statement was said,kinda implied the black knights were the stronger group???

Well,I'm interested in the demon clan black knights,can't wait for them to be introduced. I hope nakaba doesn't make the same mistakes he made with the Tc, with this new group. Honestly,I'm tired of the commandments and eager to move on to something new. But i don't think they are going to be introduced soon.
I'm guessing their power-levels would not be that much higher than the commandments. But I expect their pl to be in the 60k range with their strongest member(s) having a pl of 70k possibly or very close to it.

So,what are your thoughts on them?
Just have to say you calling the 10 Commandments trash was funny because it's true and yes I think it's a perfect opportunity for nakaba to redeem himself and to make a actual threat for the 7 deadly sins that the 10 Commandments clearly failed in doing.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm pretty sure Nerobasta meant Elizabeth, Gloxinia (King), and Dolor (Diane) as far as fighting Karmadios is concerned - they don't seem to acknowledge Meliodas at all. But of course she'd make it seem like nothing major, as Dolor and Gloxinia's power levels are insane as kings of the giants and fairies respectively, and on top of that, the goddess clan's princess (which is not yet confirmed) aided them - they should have no issues with taking down one of the Ten Commandments, as at least two of those are Commandment level alone.

But either way, the Ten Commandments have been mentioned to be the most elite group, and on top of that, the most fearsome demon was one of the Ten Commandments, not one of the Six Black Knights, so I see the latter as the Pleiades version of Liones, with the TC being the Seven Deadly Sins' parallel.

Ah, and I feel like the Six Black Knights are the human-looking members of the demons in the Holy War poster/image (lower right corner):

PLEASE PLEASE I WANT THAT METAL GIANT TO APPEAR SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH , I always loved his design.

On the topic, I wonder one thing: What about those "sub-races", aka the sentient beings who are not counted as part of the 5 major races?
Like Zhivago´s, The Goblins who also appear in the image above, and the vampires?

Maybe the 6 Black Knights could also be from a sub-race? Or they could be a independent unit, because if I remember correctly, it was said that the 10C were the strongest demons directly under control from the demon king. Tho I would find it bad for the author to introduce a group foreshadowed only by word play.

They could also be Humans infused with Demon magic (basing myself also on the image up above), because it was stated that humans back then were stronger, and a hybrid of weak human and weak demon (hendy) was able to go what, 5-8k? (dunno if his power level was ever shown), so maybe Stronger human of the past + Direct "bleassing" of the DK = 30k´s + monster?

EDIT: Also, with Merlin´s father/mother being something that even the 10C fear, I don´t find it unlikely that there are demons stronger than them. The 10C are still very powerfull, and they are probally the only survirvors that we have seen so far, so Meliodas taking the preucation to form a group to counter them is not a exageration. Had it not been for him, humanity would´ve been screwed.

Also, we don´t know when in the war they were sealed, the Godsses forces could´ve been exhausted from defeating the Black Knights (or any other group of demons), and sealing them was all their streght at the time could to (think Sarutobi vs Orochimaru from Naruto)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This is from the Wiki,
"The Six Knights of Black「黒の六騎士 Kuro no Roku Kishi」 are a group of warriors from the Demon Clan, but whose strength pales in comparison to that of the Ten Commandments".

So it's clear they are not as strong as the Commandments.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This is from the Wiki,
"The Six Knights of Black「黒の六騎士 Kuro no Roku Kishi」 are a group of warriors from the Demon Clan, but whose strength pales in comparison to that of the Ten Commandments".

So it's clear they are not as strong as the Commandments.
This is a wiki. The one who typed this is not Nakaba. It has not been said that they pale compared to the Commandments in the manga.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
This is a wiki. The one who typed this is not Nakaba. It has not been said that they pale compared to the Commandments in the manga.
Is it really?I didn't know this part.Thanks for informing me this.

Though i doubt Nakaba will suddenly make them stronger than 10C.When we have royal family members leading the Commandments.

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey did anybody ask @FKS what was the original translation.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Jaimini's translation says that the forces of Stigma are also having difficulties against some demons called the Six Black Knights - there doesn't seem to be any comparison to the Ten Commandments there, but who knows.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Jaimini's translation says that the forces of Stigma are also having difficulties against some demons called the Six Black Knights - there doesn't seem to be any comparison to the Ten Commandments there, but who knows.
That would be more interesting if it was the case.

Last edited:

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just saw the pg but isn't that a comparison by saying the forces of Stigma got "completely wipe out" by the Ten Commandments but they are only "having a pretty hard time" against the Six Black Knights. Don't that imply the Ten Commandments are stronger.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/203/page/3

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I just saw the pg but isn't that a comparison by saying the forces of Stigma got "completely wipe out" by the Ten Commandments but they are only "having a pretty hard time" against the Six Black Knights. Don't that imply the Ten Commandments are stronger.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/203/page/3
The Ten Commandments are stronger, I'm pretty sure. The Six Black Knights seem like a new formation or another, second powerful group besides them, that's all.

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments are stronger, I'm pretty sure. The Six Black Knights seem like a new formation or another, second powerful group besides them, that's all.
So either these Six Black Knights are the B team 2 the Ten Commandments or they are just some strong demons who came 2 together 2 help because it seem like these Six Black Knights are not that know.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So either these Six Black Knights are the B team 2 the Ten Commandments or they are just some strong demons who came 2 together 2 help because it seem like these Six Black Knights are not that know.
It implies that they are new. And perhaps not that powerful as a group, definitely below the Commandments. There are plenty of things that we don't know about Stigma and this era but the powerhouses are Mel, Dolor, Gloxinia and the Archangels, Humans are stronger overall, but Rou doesn't seem to be a their level.

We will most likely learn more about them if there is a Gowther or Merlin flashback. Gowther could even be one of them since he already left.

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
When I was translating the MK script in French, I had the fairy say the Stigma forces fought quite a fierce battle against the Six Black Knights (this also works the other way).
And we know they got crushed by the Ten Commandments. That's why we assume the SBK are inferior to the TC in strength. There's nothing implying how new the group is though.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Well i think 10C are the strongest.Since the start it has been mentioned that they are the strongest among the Demon Clan personally handpicked by the emperor.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
[Theory]
Since Indura transformation is dependent on power lvls, I'm just going to assume that certain lvl Super Demons have mastered such a form, bending it to their will instead of being subjected to being mindless beasts.

[Analysis]
We know drinking Demon blood can affect behaviours. The HKs drank red Demon blood & underwent a metamorphosis. Those that were weak perished, but those that survived gained power & became very aggressive in nature—just like Demons without at least a PL of 50k would eventually perish using Indura, but those with 50+k would survive & gain power but behave like very aggressive beasts.

Had the HKs drank a grey Demon blood, most would've perished, but those that survived would become even more aggressive (like Grey Hendrickson).

So I think it's safe to assume that the factors which influence the rate of a successful Demon transformation includes; determination (maybe Spirit stat), power levels and (possibly) aura ominousity.

[Test Subjects]
- Galan can drink Red & Grey Demons all day and he won't add anything to himself except maybe weight and size. His PL won't chance as him drinking greys & reds is tantamount to a man used to drinking very strong liquor suddenly having light wine hoping he'd get drunk. However, if Galan drank something like an Indura's blood, he's likely to get intoxicated, pass out (maybe die). This is due to Indura's massive PL & potent ominous aura, making their blood very toxic indeed.

-Monspiet can handle Indura as he has the prerequisite; however, when he utilises it, the beast within takes ahold of his mind.

- Estarossa can handle Indura, & probably much better than Monspiet because his aura, spirit & PL are superior to Monspiet.

-Demon KIng & Meliodas (prime) bend Indura to their will, thus making them the Supreme Demons of Darkness. It's also possible that they can remain in a state of Indura always as they've become accustomed to that lvl of Darkness

[Extra]
Indura mode is described as a state in which a superior Demon (50+k PL) would form a contract (or something like that) with the Darkness, consequently revealing their more primal instincts.

Therefore, the more a Demon becomes accustomed to the Darkness, the more Darkness he/she could absorb & command. The 10C always leaving their Demon mark on is one means to become accustomed to the Darkness & grow—they'd become stronger & their auras more potent. Zeldris' (& maybe Estarossa's) mark might undergo a metamorphosis, becoming something like current Meliodas' mark. Eventually, he might be able to bend Indura to his will and become a Supreme Demon of Darkness.

Last edited: