Discussion - Stigma alliance and warriors | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Stigma alliance and warriors

Gaggen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Lets see stigma consists of four clans of warriors humans, giants, fairies and most important the godesses. I wonder why the fairy king did nothing nor even voice out despite having the ability to read minds, even when escanor attacked, he was blur. Even dolor didnt voice out despite being a legendary warrior...... Do these fairies and giants have the right to deny the decisions made by godesses?? Since some believed that the godesses treat other clans including demons as phonies, i feel a dicussion is compulsory to clear things. And please dont play dumb or bid around the bush... i would prefer straight foward points and discussion

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lets see stigma consists of four clans of warriors humans, giants, fairies and most important the godesses. I wonder why the fairy king did nothing nor even voice out despite having the ability to read minds, even when escanor attacked, he was blur. Even dolor didnt voice out despite being a legendary warrior...... Do these fairies and giants have the right to deny the decisions made by godesses?? Since some believed that the godesses treat other clans including demons as phonies, i feel a dicussion is compulsory to clear things. And please dont play dumb or bid around the bush... i would prefer straight foward points and discussion
The way I see it the goddess clan is the arc-typical lawful good group in this manga. They have nothing against the other clans, they are even there to help and protect them as long as they don't go against their credo. We do not know what else they stand for but at least in this war their number one priority is demon = evil, demons must die. You are either with them - the side of justice - or if you aren't you must clearly be injust and deserve to be eradicated just as well.

That is largely an assumption of my part but I could see it, that's why they have no issue accepting help from the other clans and do not oppose them directly even though virtually every clan should fight for themselves in this power struggle for the magic power. The demons and goddesses however have probably been in the conflict for the longest however and their animosity likely goes far beyond that reasoning. It's like an inherited grudge and no one even really remembers what the original issue was, now they just hate each other and want to see blood whenever possible.

From the perspective of the other clans however it is super contraproductive to veto against the decisions of the goddess clan because they are obviously the strongest force in the game on the side of the alliance. Whatever disagreements the respective clanleaders may hold, they likely save it for moments when the war isn't a hot one. I could at least see that as their intention. We will likely see how that really turns out soon, after all Dolor and Gloxinia made their decision based on some events that are coming up.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The way I see it the goddess clan is the arc-typical lawful good group in this manga. They have nothing against the other clans, they are even there to help and protect them as long as they don't go against their credo. We do not know what else they stand for but at least in this war their number one priority is demon = evil, demons must die. You are either with them - the side of justice - or if you aren't you must clearly be injust and deserve to be eradicated just as well.

That is largely an assumption of my part but I could see it, that's why they have no issue accepting help from the other clans and do not oppose them directly even though virtually every clan should fight for themselves in this power struggle for the magic power. The demons and goddesses however have probably been in the conflict for the longest however and their animosity likely goes far beyond that reasoning. It's like an inherited grudge and no one even really remembers what the original issue was, now they just hate each other and want to see blood whenever possible.

From the perspective of the other clans however it is super contraproductive to veto against the decisions of the goddess clan because they are obviously the strongest force in the game on the side of the alliance. Whatever disagreements the respective clanleaders may hold, they likely save it for moments when the war isn't a hot one. I could at least see that as their intention. We will likely see how that really turns out soon, after all Dolor and Gloxinia made their decision based on some events that are coming up.
Yeah. The godesses actions could act as the catalyst for the convertion of dolor and gloxinia.... the question is how and why do the godesses and demons and hate each other that much. If i am not mistaken, in the signs of holy war the godesses said they were close once before. I wonder what drew them to hate each other that much. Obviously its not the magic like monspiet said, since the godesses does not need to consume soul and they seemed to be powerful enough already.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah. The godesses actions could act as the catalyst for the convertion of dolor and gloxinia.... the question is how and why do the godesses and demons and hate each other that much. If i am not mistaken, in the signs of holy war the godesses said they were close once before. I wonder what drew them to hate each other that much. Obviously its not the magic like monspiet said, since the godesses does not need to consume soul and they seemed to be powerful enough already.
I don't remember that. I think they probably have the same origin, like the Yin and Yang or something.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I don't remember that. I think they probably have the same origin, like the Yin and Yang or something.
I am not sure weither she said it exactly like me, but she did mention something like that and then being distant relatives.... the Yin and Yang focus more on their existence. But i dont expect them to battle each other when they were just created..... they were definitely close to each other to some extent and some conflict ripped them apart.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
They haven't mentioned anything about being related so far. The translation was erroneous at first (the Goddess in the Horn of Cernunnos tells Meliodas that not even "their" clan, the Demon Tribe, will ever accept Meliodas), but what she really told Meliodas was "Friends? The Goddesses, Fairies, Giants, Humans, and even your very own race, the Demons - no member of them will ever be your friend" or something along those lines.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
They haven't mentioned anything about being related so far. The translation was erroneous at first (the Goddess in the Horn of Cernunnos tells Meliodas that not even "their" clan, the Demon Tribe, will ever accept Meliodas), but what she really told Meliodas was "Friends? The Goddesses, Fairies, Giants, Humans, and even your very own race, the Demons - no member of them will ever be your friend" or something along those lines.
No wonder..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The godesses in cernunnos did comment something about the sin he commited. And thats why the five clans will always distance themselves from him. And gloxinia joining the demons could most probably be meliodas' betrayed him and dolor..... and i wonder whats the terrible sin that he has commited???

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Sin of being Mel.

Nah, as fun as that would be (for me at least), Mel's "Sin" will probably be revealed to be his love for Elizabeth, at least, from the perspective of the Goddess Clan. Their love sparked a war that dragged all clans in and nearly wiped them all out. Personally, I find it lame, but given this series' romance themes, it seems right up it's alley.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The Sin of being Mel.

Nah, as fun as that would be (for me at least), Mel's "Sin" will probably be revealed to be his love for Elizabeth, at least, from the perspective of the Goddess Clan. Their love sparked a war that dragged all clans in and nearly wiped them all out. Personally, I find it lame, but given this series' romance themes, it seems right up it's alley.
To be honest i dont even know weither romance exists in this series or not. This series seems to have more likely revenge themes.he never said i love you, not even once. But he only mentions about protecting her and i wonder why????

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
To be honest i dont even know weither romance exists in this series or not. This series seems to have more likely revenge themes.he never said i love you, not even once. But he only mentions about protecting her and i wonder why????
I think it exist. Nakaba clearly loves his tragic romances. It was even apparent in Kongou Banchou.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I think it exist. Nakaba clearly loves his tragic romances. It was even apparent in Kongou Banchou.
Perhaps it does.... but i feel romance exist more between ban/elaine, king/diane and escanor/merlin..... not the main characters though....

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Perhaps it does.... but i feel romance exist more between ban/elaine, king/diane and escanor/merlin..... not the main characters though....
Oh...Now, that I think about it, to be honest, I wasn't even thinking about Mel and Ellie when I made that comment.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Oh...Now, that I think about it, to be honest, I wasn't even thinking about Mel and Ellie when I made that comment.
Haha yeah thats what i felt.... its odd isnt it???

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think that's why it's tragic. It was never allowed to fully bloom. It's like they are both chasing that happiness throughout the millenia and the reincarnations but fate just keeps them apart.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I think that's why it's tragic. It was never allowed to fully bloom. It's like they are both chasing that happiness throughout the millenia and the reincarnations but fate just keeps them apart.
True lovers can never be together. Romeo and juliet is a perfect example. Ban and elaine, the most touching love story in the series IMO. After seeing your prof pic makes me wonder weither dolor has a lover or not.... its common people from different clans to not to be together. Well that happens alot in asia.... parents want their kids to marry same race/religion. But nowadays generation dont give a toss anymore..

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
True lovers can never be together. Romeo and juliet is a perfect example. Ban and elaine, the most touching love story in the series IMO. After seeing your prof pic makes me wonder weither dolor has a lover or not.... its common people from different clans to not to be together. Well that happens alot in asia.... parents want their kids to marry same race/religion. But nowadays generation dont give a toss anymore..
No idea but he sure as hell has one of the most intense bromances going on with Gloxinia

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
No idea but he sure as hell has one of the most intense bromances going on with Gloxinia
And Gloxinia appears to have something going on with Gerharde. Maybe in the olden days, Fairy's were really strict about keeping it in the family.

But we digress. I assume that the Goddess Clan just put on a show for all the other clans in order to get them to fall in line. It's obvious that they already had a common enemy (depending on how bad the demon clan got during the time), but it's likely that the Goddess Clan still kept plans to themselves.

Gloxinia not reading their minds could be explained away by saying that he was never around long enough to do so, but I imagine Glox is just missing that ability conveniently. Hell, King hasn't even done it before.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Not only that. When escanor oneshotted him and dolor its ridiculous for him not to read his mind, not to mention that dolor can read his emotions too. I feel fairy king and giant king are portrayed as too weak creatures. They are nowhere near the strongest warrior of demons and godesses, forget their leader.... and thats a bad thing.. fairies were ok in the war since they let godesses into the forest. Perhaps something happen post war that made the fairy rules to be strict. By the way where is fairy king dahlia??? I wont be suprised if he is stronger/weaker than gloxinia at this rate.....

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
And Gloxinia appears to have something going on with Gerharde. Maybe in the olden days, Fairy's were really strict about keeping it in the family.

But we digress. I assume that the Goddess Clan just put on a show for all the other clans in order to get them to fall in line. It's obvious that they already had a common enemy (depending on how bad the demon clan got during the time), but it's likely that the Goddess Clan still kept plans to themselves.

Gloxinia not reading their minds could be explained away by saying that he was never around long enough to do so, but I imagine Glox is just missing that ability conveniently. Hell, King hasn't even done it before.
Or it is possible that the angels (Imma just go and call them angels now, fuck "goddess clan members") have some natural immunity to it. Who knows. We know next to nothing about their abilities and physiology.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not only that. When escanor oneshotted him and dolor its ridiculous for him not to read his mind, not to mention that dolor can read his emotions too. I feel fairy king and giant king are portrayed as too weak creatures. They are nowhere near the strongest warrior of demons and godesses, forget their leader.... and thats a bad thing.. fairies were ok in the war since they let godesses into the forest. Perhaps something happen post war that made the fairy rules to be strict. By the way where is fairy king dahlia??? I wont be suprised if he is stronger/weaker than gloxinia at this rate.....
It's weird, but it's not much we can do because it serves the plot I guess. The only argument that could really be made is Escanor in his Dayman form just can't be read, due to his perspective on life, similar to how he was immune to Estarossa's commandment.

I think they are supposed to be strong, but they've been put into situations where they haven't been able to demonstrate it properly. Right now, we are only seeing King and Diane piloting their bodies. They can use a bit of their power, but they don't understand the intricacies of it. At least, I'm hoping that is the case. Glox is a Commandment I have high hopes for.

It's possible Dahlia will show up in this flashback, as we should be getting ready to see how Glox and Dolor defected, meaning the Fairy Forest will need a new King.

Or it is possible that the angels (Imma just go and call them angels now, fuck "goddess clan members") have some natural immunity to it. Who knows. We know next to nothing about their abilities and physiology.
I was debating that myself. Angel Clan works for me...unless we find out that they really are all women. Anyway, immunity is also possible.