Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 138 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That's your opinion so it's cool.

But then why they got serialized while Galaxy Gangs is not? In fact, even the author himself is doing a sport manga. Galaxy Gangs isn't even the winner of GFC 2015.

A great one shot =/= a good WEEKLY manga.

Devily-man, Hungry Joker, Himedol (After School☆Idol) were all GFC winners, but they all got axed within 2 volumes.
This is a nice topic of discussion. GFE winners. Despite Beelzebub, which ones could get at least a during serialization?

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
Judging by the ToC comments he sounds really passionate about soccer so maybe he wanted to do that first

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
This is a nice topic of discussion. GFE winners. Despite Beelzebub, which ones could get at least a during serialization?
I've only read Galaxy Gangs, Genjūi Toteku (2015 GFC winner, doing Poro right now) so I will not comment on this topic. However, I did check out Devilyman and Hungry Joker after serialization, and I think they are absolutely terrible, thus proving my point a great one shot =/= a good weekly manga.

You can count on your hand how many GFC winners/entries lasted more than 2 years in Jump. In fact, normal one shots turn series are more successful than GFC one shots.

Kefka Palazzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really curious to see how Kimetsu No Yaiba's art would translate to animation if it gets an anime

UnspokenCoconut

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Genjui Toteku and Galaxy Gangs for me were both a bad oneshots. Heck, all 2015 GFC were bad.
I'm still don't understand the "hype" around Galaxy Gangs. Its a generic one-shot with overused situation which make it somewhat predictable and meh.

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I'm really curious to see how Kimetsu No Yaiba's art would translate to animation if it gets an anime
That's why I'm always thinking about the studio. I'm still undecided on who I'd want.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Holy crap... DAT Neverland chapter

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Based on searching Poro on Twitter, it seems like a lot of ppl think it's cute, but see some ppl pointing out that it's similar to Spring Weapon

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well... He's not that cute:

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
so it's revealed the Ginatama's current anime will be 12 episodes long

it's was fairly obvious since they're catching up to the manga

which means it will most likely get another anime after the manga's done

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
The latest episode covered 4 chapters so it was already looking likely. I just wish they would animate the arcs that they skipped.

Kefka Palazzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't think it would be that hard. I'd like David Production to animate it because of the work in part 1-2 and 4, they did a really good job on those and I think they would do the same with Kimetsu no Yaiba. They only fucked up in part 3, but they probably won't do the same mistake again.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
The skipped Gintama arcs can't really be animated as part of the main series any more, they'd need to be OVAs like the love potion stuff.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think it would be that hard. I'd like David Production to animate it because of the work in part 1-2 and 4, they did a really good job on those and I think they would do the same with Kimetsu no Yaiba. They only fucked up in part 3, but they probably won't do the same mistake again.
Well typically simplistic designs are easier to animate than detailed designs. So I have no doubts that a good studio could make it look good.
What I mean is, I think it's always interesting when something with a really simplistic and minimalistic style makes the transition to animation. Because it adds a whole new dimension to what the manga was. reading the manga for Mob Psycho 100 then transitioning to the anime is like having bad eyesight and putting on prescription glasses on for the first time. Not that I'm saying Kimetsu art is bad. I like it.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thought the first chapter was a great start. Poro is a really likable and adorable character. And I like Yuta.
Thought it was hilarious that literally everything in the demon world had a rank. The fruit, the door, the book..

I noticed how similar it's is to Spring Weapon, but I doubt the mangaka even took influence from it. Just weirdly timed after it.
I enjoyed Poro's first chapter more though

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was meh for me

HIGAN0

Reaction score
Country
Eyrie
I really don't care about Poro cuteness....Spring Weapon first chapter was more funnier than this in my opinion ,
Pretty okay chapter at best.....

Status
Not open for further replies.