Fantasy - Motherglare VS Dragon Irene | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Motherglare VS Dragon Irene

Motherglare VS Dragon Irene

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
As the Title says.Unrestricted both sides.Who wins?

Last edited:

Sevently

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Due to DS magic, Irene close win

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Motherglare will win.

Irene's dragon form could be reverted once Motherglare deals enough pain/damage to her. At that point, Irene will lose.

And I highly doubt Irene's best spell, Deus Sema, will do much against a dragon like Motherglare considering even Erza was able to overpower it.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
They're on the same level imo. Motherglare is probably the better fighter when it comes to dragon vs dragon. Irene can probably hold her own though.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Irene wins and its not close either. Irene was capable of slaying dragons as a human with dragon slaying magic. Even if we assume that she was slaying weak tier dragons like Zirconis (which is unlikely, given that she was likely one of the human forces stronger fighters), the difference in power between Motherglare and Zirconis is most certainly nowhere near the power boost that going full dragon gives Irene.

I challenge someone to argue for Motherglare here against me.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll take the challenge easily.

First, let's not forget that Motherglare is a real dragon, which means that she/he will not revert back to a human's durability even when significantly damaged or injured. Not only that, but Motherglare's dragon scales are literally made of adamantine.

You can think of each dragon scale as the equivalent of Erza's Adamantine Armor, which is her best armor in terms of durability. If you add that up with a dragon's natural high defense, that already puts Motherglare's durability far above what Irene has shown in the entire arc.

And there is no way for Motherglare to lose that durability by turning back to a human... because unlike Irene, Motherglare was born a real dragon.

In terms of offense, Irene's best spell is Deus Sema, which is just an updated version of an outdated magic attack.

Meanwhile, Motherglare has access to a real dragon's roar.

And dragons like Motherglare naturally have what you would call "Dragon Slayer Magic" in their attacks. After all, Dragon Slaying Magic originated from the dragon's power themselves.

And I'm sure Motherglare's roar >>>>>>> DS-enchanted sword.

When Irene reverts back to her human form because of the immense damage/pain, it's simply a matter of Motherglare swiping Irene with a claw. If Irene manages to survive by luck, Motherglare literally stomps on Irene and wins.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
First, let's not forget that Motherglare is a real dragon, which means that she/he will not revert back to a human's durability even when significantly damaged or injured. Not only that, but Motherglare's dragon scales are literally made of adamantine.
Thats right, Motherglare will she get KO'd instead.

You can think of each dragon scale as the equivalent of Erza's Adamantine Armor, which is her best armor in terms of durability. If you add that up with a dragon's natural high defense, that already puts Motherglare's durability far above what Irene has shown in the entire arc.
Motherglares durability is in fact NOT above Irenes. Like it or not, Erzas BASE sword obliterated a meteor (a stronger version of Jellals strongest attack) and was further enhanced by Wendys magic to revert Irene back into human form (NOT KO her). Motherglare on the other hand actually got stunned by one of GMG Natsus BASE punches at one point, and later KO'd by AF Natsus attack, which Rogue took the brunt of and was still conscious afterwards mind you. I'm not gonna claim Rogue has better durability then Motherglare, but thats sad.

In terms of offense, Irene's best spell is Deus Sema, which is just an updated version of an outdated magic attack.

Meanwhile, Motherglare has access to a real dragon's roar.
Irene also has a dragon roar..........and its no less impressive, in fact its arguably even more impressive because we only saw the after-effects of Motherglares meanwhile we saw a good portion of the damage Irenes does.

And dragons like Motherglare naturally have what you would call "Dragon Slayer Magic" in their attacks. After all, Dragon Slaying Magic originated from the dragon's power themselves.
Ummm what? Irene also has dragon slaying magic....There is no such thing as "the true" dragon slaying magic.

And I'm sure Motherglare's roar >>>>>>> DS-enchanted sword.
Its not, unfortunately.

When Irene reverts back to her human form because of the immense damage/pain, it's simply a matter of Motherglare swiping Irene with a claw. If Irene manages to survive by luck, Motherglare literally stomps on Irene and wins.
Except Motherglare will be KOd far before any of that can happen. Irene was slaying dragons as a human, amply those capabilities as a dragon, Motherglare doesnt stand an ounce of a chance. Even if we are to consider Motherglare to be far above the dragons Irene used to slay.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats right, Motherglare will she get KO'd instead.

Motherglares durability is in fact NOT above Irenes. Like it or not, Erzas BASE sword obliterated a meteor (a stronger version of Jellals strongest attack) and was further enhanced by Wendys magic to revert Irene back into human form (NOT KO her). Motherglare on the other hand actually got stunned by one of GMG Natsus BASE punches at one point, and later KO'd by AF Natsus attack, which Rogue took the brunt of and was still conscious afterwards mind you. I'm not gonna claim Rogue has better durability then Motherglare, but thats sad.

Irene also has a dragon roar..........and its no less impressive, in fact its arguably even more impressive because we only saw the after-effects of Motherglares meanwhile we saw a good portion of the damage Irenes does.

Ummm what? Irene also has dragon slaying magic....There is no such thing as "the true" dragon slaying magic.

Its not, unfortunately.

Except Motherglare will be KOd far before any of that can happen. Irene was slaying dragons as a human, amply those capabilities as a dragon, Motherglare doesnt stand an ounce of a chance. Even if we are to consider Motherglare to be far above the dragons Irene used to slay.

Except Irene's dragon roar will do her no good because it won't revert Motherglare back to a human. That's why I said Motherglare being born a real dragon is the key factor in this fight.

Irene's dragon slaying magic won't exactly help her because Motherglare possesses the same type of magic. If anything, Motherglare wins simply because of the dragon's natural high durability.

Motherglare can surely tank a roar from Irene...

But Irene won't, because a single roar from Motherglare will revert her back into human form, to which Motherglare can either physically swipe or stomp to KO her.

And note it was Atlas Flame Natsu that dealt damage to Motherglare... not Natsu himself.

Atlas Flame >>>> Erza's DS-Enchanted Sword as far as I'm concerned.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I won't take sides here because I'm not sure who would win between Motherglare and Irene but I have to disagree with some of your points. First of all, the fact that Erza's sword destroyed a meteor has absolutely no meaning. I wouldn't even say her attack power is higher than Jellal's Sema because the majority of it was PoF. That said, Irene being able to endure that attack isn't really a significant feat. What is significant is that she was reverted back to her human form just by one slash from Erza...

Secondly, I don't think you're being fair to Motherglare here. Future Rogue was also unconscious for quite some time before he regained his senses.

And Motherglare disappeared so fast that we wouldn't know if she could have gotten back up or not.

I don't remember the manga stating or showing that Irene was capable of slaying dragons as a human. Regardless, I fail to see how this wouldn't be a close match. Whoever the winner is would have a lot of trouble...

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
I won't take sides here because I'm not sure who would win between Motherglare and Irene but I have to disagree with some of your points. First of all, the fact that Erza's sword destroyed a meteor has absolutely no meaning. I wouldn't even say her attack power is higher than Jellal's Sema because the majority of it was PoF. That said, Irene being able to endure that attack isn't really a significant feat. What is significant is that she was reverted back to her human form just by one slash from Erza...

Secondly, I don't think you're being fair to Motherglare here. Future Rogue was also unconscious for quite some time before he regained his senses.

And Motherglare disappeared so fast that we wouldn't know if she could have gotten back up or not.

I don't remember the manga stating or showing that Irene was capable of slaying dragons as a human. Regardless, I fail to see how this wouldn't be a close match. Whoever the winner is would have a lot of trouble...
future rouge shouldn't be that much stronger than bluenote, completely irrelevant power wise now.

Irene history showed that the good dragons were losing the war. after irene invented dragon slayer magic, the tide changed.
Irene being the inventor as well pretty skilled and powerful, cannot be a low tier dragon slayer of that time. Add bonus point for her being the mother of mishma favorite girl.
which could mean she slayed dragons in her human form before she ever became a dragon her self.
also erza sword cut her dragon form pretty bad. i dont remember motherglare doing that much damage to altas flame

why also do you keep on ignoring erza pof but still accept everyone else pof as their powers?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Except Irene's dragon roar will do her no good because it won't revert Motherglare back to a human. That's why I said Motherglare being born a real dragon is the key factor in this fight.

Irene's dragon slaying magic won't exactly help her because Motherglare possesses the same type of magic. If anything, Motherglare wins simply because of the dragon's natural high durability.

Motherglare can surely tank a roar from Irene...

But Irene won't, because a single roar from Motherglare will revert her back into human form, to which Motherglare can either physically swipe or stomp to KO her.

And note it was Atlas Flame Natsu that dealt damage to Motherglare... not Natsu himself.

Atlas Flame >>>> Erza's DS-Enchanted Sword as far as I'm concerned.
how much damage does matherglare roar causes to a dragon. can you show me a panel. because all i remember it has alot of aoe, which doesnt mean much.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
future rouge shouldn't be that much stronger than bluenote, completely irrelevant power wise now.

Irene history showed that the good dragons were losing the war. after irene invented dragon slayer magic, the tide changed.
Irene being the inventor as well pretty skilled and powerful, cannot be a low tier dragon slayer of that time. Add bonus point for her being the mother of mishma favorite girl.
which could mean she slayed dragons in her human form before she ever became a dragon her self.
also erza sword cut her dragon form pretty bad. i dont remember motherglare doing that much damage to altas flame

why also do you keep on ignoring erza pof but still accept everyone else pof as their powers?

how much damage does matherglare roar causes to a dragon. can you show me a panel. because all i remember it has alot of aoe, which doesnt mean much.
A casual mountain busting attack DC is being inflicted by Motherglare's Roar.

Though i believe Irene should have the same DC though.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't think it really matters how much damage Motherglare's roar does to a dragon.

It's obviously stronger than one of Erza's sword. That's all the proof I need to say that Motherglare beats Irene. A dragon's roar is naturally strong, hence why that race is the most superior in FT.

Irene's flaw is that she gets cancelled out of her dragon form so easily.

And her best offensive spell is Deus Sema, which was taken down by Erza. I don't see any feats from her, offense and defense-wise.. that puts her above Motherglare.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sure, I don't deny that Irene inventing Dragon Slaying Magic turned the tides of the war. But was it her who slayed the dragons? I have yet to find a proof of that. One thing we know for sure is that her feats aren't up to those standards.

As for PoF, Erza isn't the only one. Natsu one-shotting Neinhart was PoF. Laxus bypassing Wahl's immunity was PoF. There are many other examples that I can't name off the top of my head right now.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Even if Eileen did slay dragons, she did it with an army of both Dragon Slayers AND Dragons at her side. Highly unlikely that she or any other Dragon Slayer other than Acnologia fought a dragon solo. Adding DS to the good dragons side gave them the advantage of numbers, thats probably what turned the tide of the war, not the strength of each individual dragonslayer.
With that said Eileen could prob beat a fodder dragon soldier on her own, but Motherglare leader of the GMG dragons? I doubt it. Motherglare was beaten by Atlas Flame and AF empowered Natsu together, i dont have Eileen on Atlas Flame's tier alone, let alone him + Natsu.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sure, I don't deny that Irene inventing Dragon Slaying Magic turned the tides of the war. But was it her who slayed the dragons? I have yet to find a proof of that. One thing we know for sure is that her feats aren't up to those standards.

As for PoF, Erza isn't the only one. Natsu one-shotting Neinhart was PoF. Laxus bypassing Wahl's immunity was PoF. There are many other examples that I can't name off the top of my head right now.
why arent they upto the standard.
irene causally blowing aconologia away.
irene causal dragon swipe broke nearly all bones of erza.
this is far above any gmg dragon display. who were fighting against fodder compared to this timeline. and still didnt wrecked anyone
her dues sema was to wipe out all who were on the battle field. when erza destroyed it, the pieces were falling were destroying mountains (or maybe hills). you can actually see the guild in that picture along with those icey hill (or mountain)

judging by how easily both motherglare (by natsu) and clothes removing dragon was harmed (by wendy no less). irene was probably one shotting dragons left and right.
i mean its like
irene >> laxus >>>>>>>> gmg laxus >>gmg natsu >>> gmg wendy

just imagine if current laxus was fighting the gmg dragons

and another thing is irene losing her dragon form. she was ripped open by that strike, then she reverted.
motherglare couldnt do that atlas flame.

i think the problem is people have erza so below, that any opponent of hers will automatically will get dehyped alot. people forget this is fairy tail, even aconologia cant kill plot armored erza without going to hell and back
and of course dragons who were hyped to hell, but they never fought people of this timeline with this huge power inflation

gray taking out invel is a prime example of pof. but for some reason you dont seems to see it that way. :neutral
Even if Eileen did slay dragons, she did it with an army of both Dragon Slayers AND Dragons at her side. Highly unlikely that she or any other Dragon Slayer other than Acnologia fought a dragon solo. Adding DS to the good dragons side gave them the advantage of numbers, thats probably what turned the tide of the war, not the strength of each individual dragonslayer.
With that said Eileen could prob beat a fodder dragon soldier on her own, but Motherglare leader of the GMG dragons? I doubt it. Motherglare was beaten by Atlas Flame and AF empowered Natsu together, i dont have Eileen on Atlas Flame's tier alone, let alone him + Natsu.
why?
why cant a ds in human form kill a dragon other than aconologia.

why is atlas flame so high up in your tier? what has he done

Last edited:

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
MotherGlare wins this... Btw Acnologia speed Blized August Serena and Jacob...

Irene----> August.God Serena.and Jacob :yodawg:yodawg:yodawg

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
why?
why cant a ds in human form kill a dragon other than aconologia.

why is atlas flame so high up in your tier? what has he done
I didnt say they cant, i even said that Eileen could probably kill a fodder dragon in the post you quoted. All i said was that they probably didnt, because they were an army of dragons and humans fighting together. The only reason i can say Acno killed dragons solo with confidence is because he was on his own side, he didnt fight for either the good dragons or the bad. Besides Acnologia is an exceptional existence among dragonslayers, he should be the only one of his kind capable of doing certain things.

Atlas Flame is high on my tier list because he is friends with and fought Igneel(prob got stomped hard), and because he was given more focus than any of the other GMG dragons.
He also had an impressive fight with Motherglare. Atlas Flame is strong because he fought Motherglare and Motherglare is strong because he fought Atlas Flame, get it?

Honestly I'd give Eileen more of a shot if she actually showed some DS techniques, but as of right now i'd give God Serena more of a chance at beating Motherglare than Eileen. Eileens weakness to DS magic is just too crippling a disadvantage for her to come out on top.

Last edited:

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didnt say they cant, i even said that Eileen could probably kill a fodder dragon in the post you quoted. All i said was that they probably didnt, because they were an army of dragons and humans fighting together. The only reason i can say Acno killed dragons solo with confidence is because he was on his own side, he didnt fight for either the good dragons or the bad. Besides Acnologia is an exceptional existence among dragonslayers, he should be the only one of his kind capable of doing certain things.

Atlas Flame is high on my tier list because he is friends with and fought Igneel(prob got stomped hard), and because he was given more focus than any of the other GMG dragons.
He also had an impressive fight with Motherglare. Atlas Flame is strong because he fought Motherglare and Motherglare is strong because he fought Atlas Flame, get it?

Honestly I'd give Eileen more of a shot if she actually showed some DS techniques, but as of right now i'd give God Serena more of a chance at beating Motherglare than Eileen. Eileens weakness to DS magic is just too crippling a disadvantage for her to come out on top.
irene is still on top of the human food chain.
If irene cant solo a normal dragon
no human with ds can

I dont remember any gmg dragon hyping up atlas flame. he seems to be a random dragon. only reason he got attention was because he was a fire dragon and natsu :notrust

"He also had an impressive fight with Motherglare. Atlas Flame is strong because he fought Motherglare and Motherglare is strong because he fought Atlas Flame, get it?"
nope. never understood this logic :confused: and you know it

i remember you believing that august and irene should be able to take out gmg dragons without ds, before their fight. now these mages have come across fairy tail, their hype went into free fall.
cant wait till that happens to dragons :teehee

o i forgot.
how much durable is titan markarov.
slightly more than bluenote?
because atlas flame didnt really hurt the fairies much

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
irene is still on top of the human food chain.
If irene cant solo a normal dragon
no human with ds can
Except for Acnologia, which why i said "Highly unlikely that she or any other Dragon Slayer other than Acnologia fought a dragon solo". Copied and pasted straight from my earlier comment.

I dont remember any gmg dragon hyping up atlas flame. he seems to be a random dragon. only reason he got attention was because he was a fire dragon and natsu :notrust
You're right, but its because he is a fire dragon and connected to Natsu that i think he is powerful, plus he actually got a real fight, plus he knows Igneel.

"He also had an impressive fight with Motherglare. Atlas Flame is strong because he fought Motherglare and Motherglare is strong because he fought Atlas Flame, get it?"
nope. never understood this logic :confused: and you know it
Get it or not, thats just how it is for me. If both characters fighting are featless i go by how impressive their fight looks. Like August beating Crime Sorciere, does anyone in Crime Sorciere have decent feats? No(maybe Jellal i guess) but i still rank August as a beast for beating them, cause imo thats what the chapter was trying to portray.
i remember you believing that august and irene should be able to take out gmg dragons without ds, before their fight. now these mages have come across fairy tail, their hype went into free fall.
cant wait till that happens to dragons :teehee
I remember that too, and if Eileen was just a regular human like i thought back then and lived up to her hype i mightve said that she couldve beaten Zirconis or maybe even Motherglare. However now that i know that she too is weak to DS magic(incredibly weak at that) i no longer think this. Like i said before, imo God Serena has a better shot, August might as well depending on how well he does in future chapters.

o i forgot.
how much durable is titan markarov.
slightly more than bluenote?
because atlas flame didnt really hurt the fairies much
'bout as good as Azir, probably better. Physically he is stronger than any spriggan for grappling with Acno as long as he did.

If Atlas Flame actually saw them as opponents and not bugs to be squashed they'd probably all be dead. Like Atlas Flame said, he didnt even know they were wizards. Unlike Eileen i give Atlas Flame the benefit of the doubt due to his pretty decent performance

Last edited: