Discussion - The End of Fairy Tail/Memories | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The End of Fairy Tail/Memories

When should FT end?

• Total voters

Gabo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I love FT and really this Arch has not disappointed me at all, so if it ended I would not bother, not because I get tired or something, but because I think that the series should not be eternal, you saw what It happened to Naruto or One Piece that really are so eternal that you could not even recapitulate how long they are and end up getting tired.

But it is mentioning a lot of the translation error, that it does not say anything that is the end of the series but the end of the arc, and I think it is better to say nothing until Mashima speaks, and remember that there was already a Time they all swallowed a translation error that they took for granted and turned out to be false because of the poorly translated it was.

So I think that until Mashima does not speak, we can not indicate that it is true (more considering that it is the series of Kodansha in the Generos nekketsu that more sells at the moment)

I say let us wait before saying anything.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love FT and really this Arch has not disappointed me at all, so if it ended I would not bother, not because I get tired or something, but because I think that the series should not be eternal, you saw what It happened to Naruto or One Piece that really are so eternal that you could not even recapitulate how long they are and end up getting tired.

But it is mentioning a lot of the translation error, that it does not say anything that is the end of the series but the end of the arc, and I think it is better to say nothing until Mashima speaks, and remember that there was already a Time they all swallowed a translation error that they took for granted and turned out to be false because of the poorly translated it was.

So I think that until Mashima does not speak, we can not indicate that it is true (more considering that it is the series of Kodansha in the Generos nekketsu that more sells at the moment)

I say let us wait before saying anything.
I think chapter 523 was the last chapter of the Alvarez arc since we only get double chapters at the end of a arc or to get though really bad chapters. So we could be heading into the Dragon King Festival arc which might lead into an END arc.

Gabo

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I think chapter 523 was the last chapter of the Alvarez arc since we only get double chapters at the end of a arc or to get though really bad chapters. So we could be heading into the Dragon King Festival arc which might lead into an END arc.
From the information that is coming out, I believe the same as you, which is only the end of the current Arc.

Do you remember the manipulation a year ago of Aya Hirano's interview where, aside from translating poorly, he was cut, edited and placed in such a way as to generate conflict between Users? And all because he did not put a good translation, being that he included some media believed it and Mashima had to come to indicate that it was not true.

I think that the same thing could happen here, but it seems that this issue is already quickly solved, since these publishers do not indicate the end of one of their most sold series in an abrupt way without the author or the publisher giving any notice, but the site Of the movie that is taken by the animation house.

So I'll wait until Mashima says so.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Actually 最終章 means "the last arc". itself means "chapter", but it rather refers to chapter of the book, while chapters of manga are written with this sign:. Besides, when Magi entered its final arc, the same kanjis were written:
But this information came out of the blue and personally I don't really believe it, so rather than crying, panicing or misguiding eachother, let's wait for official announcement from Hiro or WSM :) Fairy Tail is one of the most known mangas in the world, if it was last arc, Hiro would announce it before it started.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you @Linali I was very depressed from that initial ANN post. Still until Hiro says something we should hold off on speculation. But I admit I then had a evil thought if Hiro was going to burn one of the main ships :cheez
Which one of the main ship are you talking about? If you mean Nalu then I'll all for watching Nalu burn.:smile-big

yukistorm33

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Actually 最終章 means "the last arc". itself means "chapter", but it rather refers to chapter of the book, while chapters of manga are written with this sign:. Besides, when Magi entered its final arc, the same kanjis were written:
But this information came out of the blue and personally I don't really believe it, so rather than crying, panicing or misguiding eachother, let's wait for official announcement from Hiro or WSM :) Fairy Tail is one of the most known mangas in the world, if it was last arc, Hiro would announce it before it started.
Phew...was beginning to worry when I read this thread.

I agree, the only one who can say the manga is ending is Hiro himself.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
I also think that this is not the end, for several reasons:

1st mashima never said at the beginning of this bow that would be the last.

2nd to 223 on the color page if it was the end, he would have said it.

3rd At the japan expo of this year mashima said that the manga arrived at a climax of the history but that still had much to say and to make on FT.

So if he says that and 6 months later he says that it's the end of it would be a damned liar.

4 th all that remains to discover:

The history of acno.

The real plan of zeref.

The truth about Anna's plan.

The why natsu and END have been separated.

END simply, we will nevertheless see it, it will not disappear in 2-3 chapter.

5 th I see not acno and zeref die in the same arc.

I see more acno being routed by END which forces him to flee and zeref be sealed or die.

6th one is in volume 61, I think that mashima will go at least to 70, for the symbolism, rave made 35 tome, so the FT will do double.

Or mashima will make more than 70 tome and will go up to chapter 777 and will be the final chapter.

7th possibly that mashima is changed of opinion and that therefore ANK would be the last enemy.

For it will be necessary that mashima tell us why zeref and maivis were cursed.

Zeref sa can understand, but maivis voila what.

Especially as this curse does not make sense, as it helped zeref to accomplish what he wanted natsu resurrection.

So we must wait to see if mashima confirms whether it is the end or not.

Indira

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
What's there even left?

Sooner or later Zeref is going to be defeated, now that the focus is truly on him, and the main players are coming into the fray. Fairy Heart will be brought in too. Maybe a few more flashbacks here and there, but that's about it.

August had his end meet when Cana entered the picture for Gildartz to gain emotional boost to winning.

The rest of the spriggs are defeated.

At most one more arc for Acnologia, I guess.

Anskheram would be pointless as I don't want a Kaguya situation.

Though I vividly remember a while back that Mashima was also planning on making another manga which may explain why he's rushing the fights so much. Even this arc feels rushed.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering we have not seen any tweet from Mashima stating that this was the final arc I find it very iffy
I just checked the Weekly Shonen Magazine website and it doesn't say anything about Fairy Tail ending in the next issue. So something isn't right.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just wait for a reliable and valid source guys. This article is a third party and with sketchy or misunderstood translations at best.

Until a certified first party delivers the news, consider it rumour only.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Just wait for a reliable and valid source guys. This article is a third party and with sketchy or misunderstood translations at best.

Until a certified first party delivers the news, consider it rumour only.
You mean consider it hype to drive up interest in the movie.

Fairy tail ending ---> promote movie ticket sales

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
That's a little shady but certainly a possibilty.
Shady? I'm sure the movie team and studio just learned it from Trollshima. It's not like they paired up the last few volumes with Ova's while the anime has been off air to to promote manga sales? The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

CyberLance

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
What's there even left?

Sooner or later Zeref is going to be defeated, now that the focus is truly on him, and the main players are coming into the fray. Fairy Heart will be brought in too. Maybe a few more flashbacks here and there, but that's about it.

August had his end meet when Cana entered the picture for Gildartz to gain emotional boost to winning.

The rest of the spriggs are defeated.

At most one more arc for Acnologia, I guess.

Anskheram would be pointless as I don't want a Kaguya situation.

Though I vividly remember a while back that Mashima was also planning on making another manga which may explain why he's rushing the fights so much. Even this arc feels rushed.
In most of these shounens the old big main villains get replaced by new ones eventually like when Ywach replaced Aizen in Bleach, Midora and Starjun got replaced by Joa and later Joa got replaced by Neo and Acacia in Toriko, Arba got replaced by Sinbad in Magi and when Orochimaru got replaced by the Akatsuki and later the Akatsuki got replaced by Obito and Madara in Naruto for example so the same could happen in Fairy Tail.

I personally really like it when the old big villains get replaced by new ones in these mangas and animes so i would love it if Ankhseram or maybe that mysterious shadow that future Rogue talked about replaced Zeref and Acnologia as the big main villains of the series and usually the old big villains helps the good guys against the new ones and i really like that too.

And Fairy Tail has always had a way faster pacing than the other shounen mangas ever since it started and the reason why most people did not notice that until recently is because they watched the anime before they started to read the manga and in the animes they usually make things slower and last longer.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I can totally believe that this is the last arc. In fact, that's what I've been saying ever since both Zeref and Acnologia became major players and they were going to start a Dragon King's Festival. I don't think it's a steadfast rule that the last arc has to be announced. I don't think Rave Master announced it's last arc either, and it was Hiro's previous work. Also, Bleach and Naruto are from different magazines than FT. There's really no reason to believe anything that applies to those two series applies to Fairy Tail.

Lord Ainz

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I can totally believe that this is the last arc. In fact, that's what I've been saying ever since both Zeref and Acnologia became major players and they were going to start a Dragon King's Festival. I don't think it's a steadfast rule that the last arc has to be announced. I don't think Rave Master announced it's last arc either, and it was Hiro's previous work. Also, Bleach and Naruto are from different magazines than FT. There's really no reason to believe anything that applies to those two series applies to Fairy Tail.
Considering what Linali pointed out about the translation I wouldn't be so sure

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
But both of those manga were serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump just like Fairy Tail... It's generally up to the author when it comes to reveals.