Discussion - Rou and Bans connection ??? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Rou and Bans connection ???

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Ban already has immortality. He doesn't need anything more special than that. Being a reincarnation would be extra. Don't even get me started on Diane, who's "uniqueness" seems to be nothing more than her being a quick study. Nothing extravagant at all. I'm still waiting to see if she is related to Dolor or something in this flashback.

I don't think it'd be less poetic. I think there is a possibility that Rou's actions may reflect Ban's actions. Either Rou failed completely to defend the Fairy Forest, which would be rectified by Ban in the future by preserving the seed the next time the demons attack and regrowing the forest again, or Rou also managed to save a seed and he was the one who planted the previous tree for King's generation of fairies before it was destroyed by the Red Demon.
Yeah, Diane stands out only because of her talent. All I wanted to say is that even among stronger clans it is not a gathering of normal people.

For us readers it would be the same whether he is his descendant or reincarnation but I am saying it would be less poetic in-universe is because:
  1. Ban is not Human anymore so it's not like he is representing his race, the one who does is Escanor with his power(though we don't know the details about this).
  2. He doesn't know about all of this and he probably would not care.
  3. Rou doesn't appear to be a prominent figure in the present, Merascylla said there was no one noteworthy during the war too.

Taking a popular example, Goku's victory would have been less symbolic if he had been unaware or didn't care about his Saiyan heritage IMO. But even in that example, Saiyans were well known. Unlike Rou.

Last edited:

naessintern

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
well it has been confirmed that rou was reincarnated into Oslo, stated by Gloxinia

Tsotso2

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Rou can only possibly be an ancestor to Ban but not a reincarnation as it's confirmed Rou reincarnated into Oslo.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, the whole rou thing was pretty damn stupid. It doesn't look like rou had any children though. Maybe he shared an ancestor with ban? Anyways, rou looking like ban was ultimately pointless and didn't pay off in any way. It's as if the author thought the readers wouldn't pick up on the parallels between him and ban unless they also looked exactly alike. Ultimately like most things in this manga, a huge pointless disappointment.