Request - Pinned comment | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Request Pinned comment

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I use twitter a lot and they recently since 2016 started letting its users have a pinned comment so it's the first thing you see when you click on their account. I was wondering if something like that could be feastible for MH cause some stuff you don't wanna search pages for to find. Like ToC rankings or some important news an author said about your fav series

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can you be a bit more specific what you mean? Like, do you mean that e.g. a moderator chooses a post in a thread and stickies that for everyone or that members can individually select posts and get easy access to them that way, but only for themselves?

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Like, do you mean that e.g. a moderator chooses a post in a thread and stickies that for everyone
Yup, this is what I meant exactly. Like for the FT section it's a lot of users and there might be something important or currently important that nobody has time to search pages for. Or ToC rankings that come out every week, sometimes I can't find it through a lot a pages or it takes me a long time to

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We'll consider implementing something like that, but due to the technical difficulties involved it might not happen soon and possibly not at all.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Does XenForo even have such a plugin? I thought at first that you were talking about Profile Posts.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Does XenForo even have such a plugin? I thought at first that you were talking about Profile Posts.
To the best of my knowledge, no, it doesn't. The closest seems to be [TH] Pin Posts but apparently it only pins posts on the page they're in which isn't particularly useful. Actually I don't know of any forum which has the feature to pin arbitrary posts, only first posts are supported, any such add-on needs to be custom made I guess. I don't have much time nowadays due to personal reasons, as Kaoz said, we'll look into it but we don't know whether it's feasible in advance.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
An alternative could be to just link that post in one of the forum specific announcement banners.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And in the case of the ToC themselves, an archive can always be created.