Seinen - Tokyo Ghoul by Ishida Sui | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
For those interested
The official unofficial TG LINE group:

http://line.me/R/ti/g/LeUejZi6sR

Made it a while ago, but decided to see if anyone else on here wanted to join

CloudGamesHD

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi there people who read this! ^_^

I recently got into this anime serie called "Tokyo Ghoul".
I really like it and i have readed the manga's of it.
Then i tought: i must have the dvd's too!
So i went online and googled for season 1's limited edition blu-ray/dvd box.
That was succesfull because i found it for 50$.
But then i tried to search for the second season's limited edition blu-ray/dvd box and i could'nt find it!
It was out of stock everywhere!
Or if it was in stock, it was not for my region.
So maybe you guys could give me some links to buy this box as i would like to buy it!
And i don't want to buy it when it's not in a "Brand New" condition.
The dvd box must be sealed in the original sealing.
Thank you for reading this and i hope i will get some decent response!

Best regards, Thomas

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there people who read this! ^_^

I recently got into this anime serie called "Tokyo Ghoul".
I really like it and i have readed the manga's of it.
Then i tought: i must have the dvd's too!
So i went online and googled for season 1's limited edition blu-ray/dvd box.
That was succesfull because i found it for 50$.
But then i tried to search for the second season's limited edition blu-ray/dvd box and i could'nt find it!
It was out of stock everywhere!
Or if it was in stock, it was not for my region.
So maybe you guys could give me some links to buy this box as i would like to buy it!
And i don't want to buy it when it's not in a "Brand New" condition.
The dvd box must be sealed in the original sealing.
Thank you for reading this and i hope i will get some decent response!

Best regards, Thomas
Hey Thomas. I'm not sure about Belgium in particular, but do you live near any Vanity stores? Tesco is also known to sell some anime iirc. Failing that, Try Amazon.

CloudGamesHD

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hey Thomas. I'm not sure about Belgium in particular, but do you live near any Vanity stores? Tesco is also known to sell some anime iirc. Failing that, Try Amazon.
Thanks for replying! :D

I never heard of that store but can you send a link of there website?
And on amazon the season 2 limited edition dvd/blu-ray combo was out of stock.
And since it is limited edition i don't think it will in stock ever again.

Best regards, Thomas

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

The 2017 Manga Awards Semifinals are underway :blai

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I think I dislike Mitsuki a lot right now, and Aura. They're scrubs who think they can take out the King.
And the password was easy :mono Step up your game

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It's really funny that small and capital letters matter when entering the password. :lmao

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Funny April Fools prank Admins.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Kaoz do you still follow this manga? Care to share any of your thoughts or Tokyo Ghoul just something that doesn't inspire you to post anymore?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Kaoz do you still follow this manga? Care to share any of your thoughts or Tokyo Ghoul just something that doesn't inspire you to post anymore?
Yeah, I do follow and like it still. But I'm not into it as much anymore as before to the point that I'd try to dissect it on a weekly basis. That said, I don't mind sharing some thoughts, but considering the last time I made a proper post here was probably months ago, the scope is a bit broad, so it'd be cool if you could be slightly more specific there.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah, I do follow and like it still. But I'm not into it as much anymore as before to the point that I'd try to dissect it on a weekly basis. That said, I don't mind sharing some thoughts, but considering the last time I made a proper post here was probably months ago, the scope is a bit broad, so it'd be cool if you could be slightly more specific there.
Well specifically Furuta, and what his endgame might be. He acts as though his goals aligns with no one's , and everyone's at the same time. But there's got to be an overarching agenda behind all of that. What do you think it is?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well specifically Furuta, and what his endgame might be. He acts as though his goals aligns with no one's , and everyone's at the same time. But there's got to be an overarching agenda behind all of that. What do you think it is?
That's a tough one for sure. I think the first question that comes up here is if Furuta will be the overarching antagonist. I think in some sense the answer to that question is most likely yes, but only partially. In case you read my character story thread on NPoT, I referenced Dramatica's theory book and made a distinction between Action and Decision characteristics. I think the same might be the case here too, with Furuta filling the Action slot and Kanou the decision one.

ANTAGONIST

Action Characteristic: The Antagonist physically tries to prevent or avoid the successful achievement of the goal by the Protagonist.

Decision Characteristic: The Antagonist urges the other characters to reconsider the attempt to achieve the goal.
Furuta has been displayed as a powerful combatant by taking down Eto and while he has also shown some tactical abilities, the other key characters tend to see through his deceptions rather quickly, so I feel you can argue he generally doesn't control anyone important that way even if it gets him henchmen on his side. Kanou on the other hand I think will try to get Kaneki to share his vision when they next meet.

When you get down to it, that's also where the main conflict of the series seems to be. Kaneki's goal is to somehow make humans and ghouls see eye-to-eye with each other and change society through mutual understanding. Kanou seems to have a kind of similar goal in the sense that, judging by his experiments, he wants to break down the barriers between the two species, but unlike Kaneki he seems to be aiming to combine them into a "superior" species etc.

So the endgame, in my eyes, will be Kaneki fighting Furuta in the old-fashioned way and defeating Kanou on an ideological level.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Quick question:
Given that most likely with this last chapter Volume 11 has ended, which character do you think will appear in the cover?

I can only see either Touka or Akira making it after how much panel time and development they got, but what about you guys?

Qixus

Party Starter
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Saiko was a little bit more involved in the past chapters- I wouldn't be surprised if it were her. Mutsuki definitely had *cough* some moments *cough* and Mutsuki will definitely be involved much more in chapters to come. Actully, storywise it would make sense to have a Mutsuki cover page. Akira hasn't had one yet either.
Hmm... There are a few possibilities that's for sure. I definitely think it will be female though.

I hope Saiko stars in more chapters, though. I love Saiko.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
@Iownamovingcastle

@Vandred no spoiler thread made for next chapter yet
I appreciate your eagerness, but we know :nerd

In case there are surprise early spoilers out without the thread being open, you can just PM one of us or the first Global Mod you find if neither of us is around; if spoilers aren't out yet, you don't need to worry even if you don't see the thread several hours before they're usually out. ;)

crystalblade13

Reaction score
Country
United States
I appreciate your eagerness, but we know :nerd

In case there are surprise early spoilers out without the thread being open, you can just PM one of us or the first Global Mod you find if neither of us is around; if spoilers aren't out yet, you don't need to worry even if you don't see the thread several hours before they're usually out. ;)
Don't frequent here often, so sorry for asking the obvious, but when do spoilers usually come out?