Discussion - General Couples/Relationship Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion General Couples/Relationship Thread

What is your favorite love story in NnT?

• Mel x Elizabeth

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Ban x Elaine

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • King x Diane

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Margaret x Gilthunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadja x Gowther

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Ban x Jericho

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Diane x Hauser

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Escanor x Merlin

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Gloxinia x Gerharde

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Derieri x Monspiet

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

SGtheking876

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Harlequin and Diane is the best of the best. Ban and Elaine is second best. Every other romance is mostly boring or destined to fail. Gowther and Guila could have potential if it's allowed to continue, but it's not looking like it.

Harlequin and Diane is just a never ending uphill battle of tragedy for the both of them. It's like life itself is just trying to make things hard for them. But that tenacity is what makes it sweet. I'm a sucker for tragic romances like this and I love them more when everything works out.

It is quite...let's say interesting that most of the main romances have underage vibes to it.
Same the shit that Nakaba puts them through just strengths their bond. If u want people to love and root for someone or something that make them hurt and struggle for it. Their romance is by far the most complex and deep, as well as relatable and tragic. They've been through pretty much everything every other couple has and then some. I hope nakaba knows what he is doing with them and have it pay off in the end.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I find it kinda sad that all the Sins except King have more than one person vying for their affection. Escanor as well, but you can't tell me that when the Sun is up, he ain't making panties drop across Britania.
I know right but I think Endi, the fairy girl that didn't hate him and even cried for him during the Albion fight night have feelings for him maybe.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Gowther and Merlin as well.

Meliodas: Zaneli.
Diane: Howzer.
Ban: Jericho(not anymore).
King: No one(Diane only).
Gowther: No one(Guila dumped him).
Merlin: No one(Escanor is the only one).
Escanor: No one.

King is certain to end with Diane so he is rather lucky, as for Gowther, Merlin and Escanor, maybe there will be more reveals since their past have not been revealed. Like Rosa for Escanor or something, Nakaba really likes pairing with much younger people with older ones so it would not surprise me at all.

I find it really weird TBH. His kingdom found him scary because of is different appearance, but if you don't know him why would you even be afraid? In his younger days especially. Maybe his Sunshine has a wicked aura similar to the PoD. There is the height and heat issue but he doesn't reach Giant size or burn everything immediately.
Merlin has Arthur, ur right with Escanor but hey they might bring some one up out of nowhere, and let's not forget that women who saved him. Gowther still has Guila check her bio where it says what she most wants right now is a man to love. And ban still has Jericho I think

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Galan x Merascylla :pout.

Merlin has Arthur, ur right with Escanor but hey they might bring some one up out of nowhere, and let's not forget that women who saved him. Gowther still has Guila check her bio where it says what she most wants right now is a man to love. And ban still has Jericho I think
Arthur is not in love with her, she is his mentor. For Gowther, Guila said she wants someone she really loves, meaning that she doesn't love Gowther. Something might happen later but as of now she doesn't love him.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Galan x Merascylla :pout.

Arthur is not in love with her, she is his mentor. For Gowther, Guila said she wants someone she really loves, meaning that she doesn't love Gowther. Something might happen later but as of now she doesn't love him.
I wouldn't be surprised if he is. But unlucky for him Merlin sees him as her son.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have a new OTS and it's Merlin x Vivian.

Emmanuelle

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm not this far up in the anime and I know this a dead ship but I would have like Meliodas x Diane to happen

Strawberry Jews

Reaction score
Country
England
Ehmmm, considering latest chapters, shouldn't something be done about the Gloxinia x Gerharde option?
I don't really care if people ship them (but come on, ew, just why), but I think this thread is supposed to be more about the canon relationships?

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Ehmmm, considering latest chapters, shouldn't something be done about the Gloxinia x Gerharde option?
I don't really care if people ship them (but come on, ew, just why), but I think this thread is supposed to be more about the canon relationships?
Well, people have had the chance to change their votes ever since it was revealed that they're siblings, but they haven't, so you know... :kappa

Either way, we decided to keep it there for the, uh, "lols." If it's problematic to a few members, I can get rid of it, I guess. xD

Last edited:

Strawberry Jews

Reaction score
Country
England
Well, people have had the chance to change their votes ever since it was revealed that they're siblings, but they haven't, so you know... :kappa

Either way, we decided to keep it there for the, uh, "lols," I guess. If it's problematic to a few members, I can get rid of it, I guess. xD
lol, ok xD
it ain't a problem for me, i just thought it just didn't fit the point of the thread anymore and maybe mods missed it or smth
add King x Elaine just for the heck of it
(im sorry xD)

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
lol, ok xD
it ain't a problem for me, i just thought it just didn't fit the point of the thread anymore and maybe mods missed it or smth
add King x Elaine just for the heck of it
(im sorry xD)
No worries, it's hard to miss details as relevant as these.
GOD NO! Adding that would completely change the mood of the thread, seeing as Gloxinia and Gerheade are exceptional... um, or are they? I'm actually questioning my sanity right now... how come we kept it as an option...? Joke or not, it's pretty weird, indeed.

@FKS @eefrit @Demonspeed - this is a serious matter: what do we do?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see a problem with it. Then again, I'm someone who voted Gloxina and Gerharde ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

As long as it remains just jokes and the thread doesn't turn into a discussion about the morality of incest, we should be fine.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I don't see a problem with it. Then again, I'm someone who voted Gloxina and Gerharde ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Perfect. I always knew there was something wrong with you, but that confirms it.

Either way, the fact that half the votes about that pairing came after the revelation that they're siblings is pretty disturbing, lol.
Ban and Elaine is my personal favourite, but that has less votes... yeah, whatever, life's unfair.
As long as it remains just jokes and the thread doesn't turn into a discussion about the morality of incest, we should be fine.
Meh, it probably won't. This being a serious matter was a joke, but I could see some members disliking the fact that this is here when the thread is supposed to represent couples only. You know, love is a very delicate topic - I believe it was Mark Twain who once said: "Love is like a waterslide - a fun ride, but occasionally a pain in the arse!"

Either way, this is getting too off-topic, but screw it. If someone has any issues with it, feel free to let us know.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Perfect. I always knew there was something wrong with you, but that confirms it.

Either way, the fact that half the votes about that pairing came after the revelation that they're siblings is pretty disturbing, lol.
Ban and Elaine is my personal favourite, but that has less votes... yeah, whatever, life's unfair.
I'm just as the Goddess Clan made me, sir.

Honestly, the romances I liked the most have some pretty lame turns recently, so my new #1 is Gowther and Nadja. Nadja, unfortunately, wasn't meant to be more than a catalyst for Gowther's Sin, but I still liked their chemistry.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm just as the Goddess Clan made me, sir.

Honestly, the romances I liked the most have some pretty lame turns recently, so my new #1 is Gowther and Nadja. Nadja, unfortunately, wasn't meant to be more than a catalyst for Gowther's Sin, but I still liked their chemistry.
Definitely! Their chemistry was really enjoyable - she wasn't around for long, but at least she went out with a bang!

And I added that option to the list, just in case.

Baum

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
"Love is like a waterslide - a fun ride, but occasionally a pain in the arse!"
I'm SO going to hell some day...

but at least she went out with a bang!
Correction. I'm already on my way there. Brb, packing my stuff.

Uhh..anyway.., I'd probably vote Derrierie X Monspiet but Glox and his fine sister taught me to wait until I know for sure about the characters' relationships (and I still don't really see them being lovers tbh...I mean, I could see that being the case but I don't think it's how it'll turn out to be I guess)

I'm not sure which of the other pairings would be my current favorite tho. I like most of them, really, and all for different reasons. I think if I had to choose right now it'd go to MeliodasxElizabeth, MelxLiz in particular. I don't think those two got as much time in the manga as most of the others (I think even Gowther and Nadja got more "screen time") but that little "montage" during Mel's trial actually hit me in the gut like a bullet train.

Heh, and just like that my post comes full circle. See ya'll in purgatory :p lmao

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
No worries, it's hard to miss details as relevant as these.
GOD NO! Adding that would completely change the mood of the thread, seeing as Gloxinia and Gerheade are exceptional... um, or are they? I'm actually questioning my sanity right now... how come we kept it as an option...? Joke or not, it's pretty weird, indeed.

@FKS @eefrit @Demonspeed - this is a serious matter: what do we do?
I don't care. Voted for something else anyway. But since there is an Other option it's not like it would disappear.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Gloxinia gay he has the exact same speech pattern as Slader. He and Dolor are obviously soulmates.

Hendy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Gloxinia gay he has the exact same speech pattern as Slader. He and Dolor are obviously soulmates.
I noticed too.
It's sad that we don't have a gay couple, though. I got my eyes on Hendrickson and Dreyfus for quite a time, but i don't think there is something.

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I noticed too.
It's sad that we don't have a gay couple, though. I got my eyes on Hendrickson and Dreyfus for quite a time, but i don't think there is something.
What makes you think that? I mean, Dreyfus only had a wife, whom he loved, and who is the mother of his son...

Hendy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What makes you think that? I mean, Dreyfus only had a wife, whom he loved, and who is the mother of his son...
That is one of the reasons why i think that it's not possible. Although, just because he had a wife doesn't mean he is limited to girls, if you know what i mean.
But yeah, they're just best friends who care a lot for each other.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The last chapter made me like Ban x Elaine more. Managing to make Ban apologize so easily is quite a feat.

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok now, somebody please explain to me what the appeal in Melizabeth is! I just don't get it! So please enlighten me!