Group - Group D | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D

Which 4 advance?

• Ajeel

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Elfman

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Gajeel

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Invel

Votes: 49 57.0%
  • Jacob

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Larcade

Votes: 70 81.4%
  • Wall

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Zeref

Votes: 85 98.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion will end on: May 10th, 2017. Voting will end on: May 11th, 2017.

Group D

Name: Ajeel Ramal
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez, Ajeel Squad
Magic: Sand Magic
Ajeel has a thirst for battle that is matched only by his cockiness and arrogance of his own abilities. He did back this up to some extent by putting Erza on deaths door. Ajeel has a grandfather Yajeel who also participated in Alvarez' war effort.
Name: Elfman Strauss
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Take over: Beast Soul
Elfman is one of the biggest humans in the series, which befits someone who takes over beasts with his magic. He adores both of his sisters, Mirajane and Lisanna. Speaks about being a man and manliness often.
Name: Gajeel Redfox
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Iron Dragon Slayer Magic
Gajeel was originally an enemy of Fairy Tail, but has long since become one of it's more powerful members. He joined the Magic Council during the timeskip as an enforcement officer - putting crims behind iron bars. Spends most of his time with best pal Pantherlily, and his bae Levy.
Name: Invel Yura
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez
Magic: Ice Magic
Invel is a calm and calculating individual, as one would expect from Alvarez' chief of staff. Invel's duties are quite diverse, ranging from war planning to dressing his Emperor. He is also known as 'The Winter General'.
Name: Jacob Lessio
Magic: Transport, Stealth
Jacob is a quirky individual, and is also referred to as 'The Assassin' thanks to his magic. He is weak to scantly clad ladies - his virgin eyes cannot bare such sights. It is speculated that Jacob's design is inspired by one of Hiro's favourite actors - Jason Statham.
Name: Larcade Dragneel
Magic: Pleasure, Hunger, R.I.P
Larcade's abilities rely on exposing the needs of human beings - one of which was controversially depicted in chapter 508. It was long assumed that he was the son of Zeref, but it turned out he was an Etherious. R.I.P is very powerful, and arguably the most hilariously named magic in the series.
Name: Wall Eehto
Magic: Weakness Magic, Alchemy
Wall is a Machias capable of altering his mind and body for battle. He was given the title 'The Adjudicator', though this might only be fitting for one of his programmed personalities.
Name: Zeref Dragneel
Magic: Black Magic
Zeref was cursed by God Ankhseram during his pursuit to resurrect his brother, Natsu. Known as the Legendary Black Wizard, Zeref is an unrivaled genius whose inventions are among the most powerful devices and lifeforms in the series. In addition, Zeref has formed an empire whose might threatens humanity's existence
  • Zeref has no access to Fairy Heart, he cannot regenerate and cannot use time magic.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
My rankings

Zeref-The strongest in the group.A favourite to win this tournament.
The strongest person in Alvarez Empire and an immortal mage.

Larcade Dragneel-The prototype version of END.His 3 Pleasure Magics are real danger.He should pass this one.

Gajeel-He passes due to his DF.

Invel-A very good fighter.Has Ice lock,Ice Slave and Ice Kamui is a sure weapon.

Enima

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
  1. Zeref
  2. Larcade
  3. Invel
  4. Jacob
Can Gajeel activate DF at will?, If yes, I'll probably switch Jacob with Gajeel.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Larcade's three magics will be of no use to Wall I guess, since the latter is not a human. So other 6 are getting hindered by Larcade. He is such obstacle. This is a bonus for Wall. So, one of my 4 votes goes to him.

The others are Zeref, Larcade, and Gajeel. I might change my votes later.

CaptainTorch

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmmm...

1)Zeref
He is the strongest here, and a good pretendent to win the tournament, even with his limitations. Easily above anyone here.

2)Jacob
Even though he is pretty weak for a Spriggan, his "Transport" is hax. He gets 2nd place only for this.

3)Gajeel
Passes due to DF. Otherwise, he would most likely be 5th.

3)Invel
Has very good hax (insta-freeze), so he passes. Overall pretty strong himself

5)Wall
A pretty good mediocre Spriggan. However he is 5th because of the other Spriggans's hax

6)Ajeel
One of the weakest Spriggans around, even though he has one of the most interesting abilities. Not too far from Invel.

7)Elfman
A pretty good fighter, but not Spriggan level yet.

8)Larcade
Now, don't get me wrong. If this was a simple power scaling thread, he would be number 2. He is definetly a top tier within the Spriggans. But we have Zeref in this group. And Larcade is a demon from the Book of Zeref. So Zeref can simply erase Larcade from the start.
P.S A pity though. I thought Larcade would be an interesting opponent in the future.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I'm going with Zeref, Larcade, Wahl and Jacob.

Zeref and Larcade don't really need an explanation, Wahl is immune to Larcade's hax which gives him an advantage since no one else is, and Jacob's Transport could be really dangerous in a group like this, plus he can use Stealth to avoid getting destroyed. This is assuming Gajeel can't enter DF of his own will. Though I do wonder, could Gajeel eat part of Wahl? And if so, would it give him enough iron to enter Dragon Force?

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
Zeref Larcade Invel and Jacob for me

Gajeel does not have free acess to DF and I don t know what he could eat there so he is out imo.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
First and foremost

1. Zeref
While not the most powerful on this list, and clearly not in the competition, Zeref has a wide array of magics, only surpassed by his son, August. He's shown to have a certain deal of martial prowess. What makes this so difficult is that he's still immortal. This immortality however makes him reckless and he often underestimates his opponent. Mentality is a big deciding factor in these battles and I wish people would consider them more.

2. Wall Eehto
Highest damage output on this list and an endless supply of alchemical/magical power used in a variety of forms; such as long-range, medium-range, wide-range, and hell, his anti-material magical cannon was accurate at 400 km. Combine those with his city-busting fireballs, his etherion cannon, and his ability to dispel magic, and this guy is upper level Spriggan. Not even to mention his machias dolls, which he can create to deter any of his opponents. He can also fly, and that's pretty cool.

3. Larcade
While Wall would be the only one immune to his magic entirely, and Jacob wouldn't be affected by his AoE pleasure magic, everyone else would feel it, but Zeref shows you can power through it. Unfortunately the only ones able to knock him off fast enough would be Zeref and Wall. If he focuses his magic, he can bring anyone (besides Wall) to their knees.I honestly can't see anyone in this list working through hunger, painful pleasure, and exhaustion. And that sleep spell may kill you, but we weren't able to see its full effect.

4. Invel Yura
This one was a tough call between him and Ajeel, but the deciding factor was Invel's tactical mind over Ajeel's cocky disposition. Invel is shown to be able to encase a large area without moving a finger and create a snowstorm that covered a large area (bigger than Magnolia) just by raising his hand. His Ice Slave and Ice Lock could also force the other competitors to off themselves or to kill each other. He was able to freeze everyone (including Natsu) to the bone, with the near exception of Gray. And there's no telling of his true power in his demon form, since Gray plot-holed him.

Ice Hunter

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
i only choose Zeref on this match, because the differences of power is like heaven and the earth... Zeref only need to feel love and they all die in no time, no one survived...

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
1.zeref 2.lacade 3.wall 4.jacob if gajeel could activate DF on his own he would have taken the fourth spot not gonna lie this group is the toughest one we have so far

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
1.Larcade -----> Pleasure magic and everyone is having orgasm all night long... only Wahl and Jacob virgin is expections
2. Cry Baby
3.Wahl
4.Invel

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
This is actually very hard... The only one i'd give a vote for sure is Zeref. I'm uncertain for the 3 other votes due to very good points made by you guys.
Like Gajeel's DF being unsure... Or Zeref erasing Larcade instantly... Wahl being immune to Larcade's magic...

My first thoughts were Zeref, Larcade, Gajeel (i assumed he was able to enter DF at will since it wasn't triggered by an external source in his fight against Bradman) and Invel (since i do believe he's better than Wahl and Ajeel, and of course Elfman).
Though now i don't even know if Gajeel passes... And it is true that Larcade could be defeated in the very first second of the battle by Zeref...

God damn, i have no idea. For now i'll just be a lurker and look to be convinced. Only voting for Zeref just yet.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It seemed a difficult choice.
Larcade uses his magic, all are get down, Vahl takes out Larcade. Invel turns the six into ice, Azir finishes Jacob and Elfman. Gajeel eats Vahl, activates the DF and takes out everyone else.
1. Gajeel
2. Invel
3. Azir
4. Zeref

5. Lacarde
6. Jacob
7. Wahl
8. Elfman

CaptainTorch

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This is actually very hard... The only one i'd give a vote for sure is Zeref. I'm uncertain for the 3 other votes due to very good points made by you guys.
Like Gajeel's DF being unsure... Or Zeref erasing Larcade instantly... Wahl being immune to Larcade's magic...

My first thoughts were Zeref, Larcade, Gajeel (i assumed he was able to enter DF at will since it wasn't triggered by an external source in his fight against Bradman) and Invel (since i do believe he's better than Wahl and Ajeel, and of course Elfman).
Though now i don't even know if Gajeel passes... And it is true that Larcade could be defeated in the very first second of the battle by Zeref...

God damn, i have no idea. For now i'll just be a lurker and look to be convinced. Only voting for Zeref just yet.
Same. I made my points, but depending on what people say, I might change them.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Invel (since i do believe he's better than Wahl and Ajeel
^^^This so much.
Honestly even though he had lesser screentime than both Ajeel and Wahl, what Invel showed is enough to put him above them, if by hax more than anything. I just don't see how Ajeel and Wahl can break out of his ice. His ice is more about hax than raw power imo :XD

Status
Not open for further replies.