American Politics | Page 250 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So, after trump graced us with the bit that he thought people would be on board with him firing comey, who was investigating him, and then went on to give a hundred different lazy excuses as to why he did it, including him treating hillary clinton poorly, he goes on to threaten comey not to leak anything he might have talked with trump. Ok, I am officially not surprised at this idiocy. It finally sank in that trump's stupidity has no depths and if anything it is only magnified by every idiot around him. I am actually looking forward to the next bit he will grace us with that tops this.

Setting that aside, this is an interesting bit:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trumpbeat-yes-there-was-non-comey-news-this-week/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Those who did not have insurance were taxed. How is that not far enough in forcing people to get insurance?
My understanding of this was that obama did not go far enough into this and consistently delayed full implementation of the measure due to the political cost it would have. Did I miss anything?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Seems I must be missing something as I always thought taxing a fee was enough of forcing people.

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sure our allies stopped trusting us once Trump either won the primaries or the electoin.
It just adds fuel to the fire. What's really hit our allies is the bizarre election of the most unqualified president in modern history, along with other factors like the ole Russian thing.

Those who did not have insurance were taxed. How is that not far enough in forcing people to get insurance?
Countries like Sweden will garnish your wages if you don't have insurance. Yes, the U.S. taxes people too, but in our case, it's often cheaper to forego insurance because it's too expensive, between the premiums and godawful deductibles ($10,000 and climbing!).

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It just adds fuel to the fire. What's really hit our allies is the bizarre election of the most unqualified president in modern history, along with other factors like the ole Russian thing.

Countries like Sweden will garnish your wages if you don't have insurance. Yes, the U.S. taxes people too, but in our case, it's often cheaper to forego insurance because it's too expensive, between the premiums and godawful deductibles ($10,000 and climbing!).
and not to mention our president doing and saying stupid shit. Trump's victory probably damaged our cred beyond belief. :(

Oh, I see. For some of us though, it's still kinda expensive.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So trump did manage to outdo himself regarding the idiocy behind the comey firing. He then went on talk about taping comey... It won't be long until he does something to outdo this idiotic thing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.4a307aff8671

Well, this is one eye catching headline. Any thoughts on this?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Not shocking, most of us knew this was coming.

Onyx Darkmatter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Surely it's a reckless move on his part.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not shocking, most of us knew this was coming.
Wait, you knew he was going to disclose classified information to russians to boast? Your crystal ball works marvelously....
Surely it's a reckless move on his part.
Well, there is a bit more context on the story now. It has been pretty well established that trump indeed had the authority to share this. But the issue is that he shouldn't have shared this because it was a breach of protocol when handling information provided by US allies. But it's fine anyways because russia is now the US' BFFFFFFFFF and the US does not need cooperation from other allies.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No, we knew he was going to disclose classified information. Just wasn't that hard to guess Russia might be one of them. Not only is Trump predictable in that kind of a way, but the dumbfuck allegedly talked about classified information on the phone in front of people who did not have the clearance level, at Mar-A-Lagos few weeks ago. Trump loves to boast, as well, so no doubt he'd boast about being in the know, especially if provoked correctly.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If there is an investigation bringing down trump, i REALLY hope it'll take pence with him.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Doubt it. And even then, you're still stuck with the political manwhore Ryan.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If there is an investigation bringing down trump, i REALLY hope it'll take pence with him.
You may just get your wish. I think it was hinted somewhere that Pence had knowledge of Trump's collusion with Russia or some shit. I forgot the detail, but he might get in trouble.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Would the GOP actually risk losing Pence though? Trumpy I get, but not so sure about Pence either.

Btw, kudos to the guy (I forget the name) who predicted Trump winning and getting impeached within just a few months.

Onyx Darkmatter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If anything, I don't think Pence would really get in trouble with the whole Russia case (unless there's evidence that he's involved). The only known people with various reports are Michael Flynn and possibly Jeff Sessions.
The rest are either "safe", or there's yet any evidence of such collision.

Btw, kudos to the guy (I forget the name) who predicted Trump winning and getting impeached within just a few months.
Are you referring to Michael Moore?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Would the GOP actually risk losing Pence though? Trumpy I get, but not so sure about Pence either.

They probably wouldn't, but isn't Ryan next in line?

Sakazuki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think that to impeach a President and VP would damage the GOP so much that they will happy to only impeach Trump.

But what I'm saying, I'm brazilian, even House of Cards made a joke with us.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
If anything, I don't think Pence would really get in trouble with the whole Russia case (unless there's evidence that he's involved). The only known people with various reports are Michael Flynn and possibly Jeff Sessions.
The rest are either "safe", or there's yet any evidence of such collision.

Are you referring to Michael Moore?
No, if I remember right, he's a historian or something.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Honestly, I don't think chances at impeachment are good at the moment. Sure, the FBI has been investigating the guy and there is a special prosecutor that both sides like but... Even if they do find something, for the time being an impeachment is at best unlikely. As far as we know, the following are the things that are being investigated:

-Whether trump's campaign colluded with Russia for the email thing

-Links between russia and the trump campaign.

And I would guess they are looking into whether trump's colleagues and trump himself have taken any money from russia.

The first thing is that none of these are things trump specifically would have had to be involved with. They could find half his campaign was involved in all possible charges and even then trump himself could walk home free. For another, those guys would probably take the fall before trump himself does. As for the collusion with russia regarding the emails... Honestly, this is absolutely worth looking into given the circumstances but overall I don't see any reason for there to have been a collusion here. I mean, why? The most likely scenario is that the FBI is going to conclude that russia basically acted out based on what trump said (russia should hack hillary) but he wasn't actually a part of the process beyond that. In which case he walks home free. Even in the extraordinary case that they get evidence that trump's campaign was in a meeting with a russian agent of sorts and came to an agreement odds are they would take the fall before trump himself does. Now, it is perfectly plausible trump is actually stupid enough to do that and not even realize it's illegal but overall it is just unnecessary. Russia's goal is invariably to cause political instability. They don't need extra motivation to do this. If anything, this is a win-win situation for russia, they never had anything to lose. Even now you have putin offering transcripts of the meeting trump had with the russian guy recently. Trump is probably enough of a moron to think putin had trump's best interest at heart but we all know that was not meant to help trump but rather to create more political chaos.

Now, even if something is proven then the issue is the impeachment process itself. Republicans control the house and the senate. And impeachments are an issue on which parties invariably vote along party lines. A number of presidents have not been impeached basically because of that. With that in mind, it would take extraordinary evidence and extraordinary charges to actually impeach trump for the time being. It would have to be something grotesque enough to even get the majority of the republican party to want him out. Which arguable would require no less than trump himself literally taking money from russia through some deal or another. Which granted, trump is actually stupid enough to have tried to pull off. For an impeachment to be reasonably possible it would have to happen 2 years from now and only if democrats regain control.

Now, I will play devil's advocate here and suggest why an impeachment is probably a bad idea anyways: DEMOCRATS.

Democrats saw the results of the 2016 election and decided to quadrupled down on the idiocy that lead to their defeat. They did not learn their lesson. Overall polling still shows democrats are less popular than republicans. Hillary clinton started her own super pac and whatnot and plans to remain relevant even though she is at least as unpopular as she was last year. She might even be planning on running for president. In a reasonable world she would get precisely zero democrat support next election. Bernie remains literally the most popular politician in the US and democrats rather than embrace the guy treat him like an outcast, a lunatic and a moron. Democrats have their own heads so far up each others asses they basically live in a separate reality. Democrats make the point, correctly mind you, that republicans live in an alternate fact free reality. But they don't realize they also live in an alternate reality where people don't hate their guts. With the democrat party as it is now, 8 years of trump is an actual possibility.

Now, with that taken in consideration, what happens when trump gets impeached if democrats are a party that is currently hated this much? As democrats stand they are not a popular party at all even in spite of trump. They stick by hillary clinton, plausibly the most hated politician in the US. Maybe trump is disliked more than she is. So... can you imagine the next elections if a republican like pence or ryan takes over? Hillary wouldn't necessarily beat trump if she ran again and a generic democrat would have trouble beating a generic republican specially if the years of the current term are dedicated to damage control over the idiocy that would have been the trump administration. And sure, trump's agenda is awful. But dismantling the EPA, tax cuts for the very wealthy, repealing obamacare and all the other stuff trump is doing is not actually trump idiocy. That is generic republican idiocy.

Last edited:

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited: