Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 330 Discussion / 331 Predictions | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 330 Discussion / 331 Predictions

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I really loved this chapter. Garam reminded me of the scene between Trafalgar Law and the Straw Hats from One Piece. The face when you realize that the people you decided to cooperate with are a bunch of monstrous freaks. :lmao Also liked Yuri this chapter, she acted like the hot-head she is supposed to be, unlike several chapters ago. Not to mention the praise she got for her physical strength, though it didn't last long, unfortunately.

The fact that SIU used Baam as a bait is a direction I welcome very much. It would be weird if he were able to hold his ground against Hell Joe considering the early stage we are right now. Of course I expect him to do something to impress everyone even further, that's the nature of the MC after all.

Urek was hilarous this chapter. It's fun to watch him balancing between the scared little kid looking for love and the most powerful active being in the Tower. If Urek only hadn't been this strong, he would have made a great sidekick to womanizer Baam. :zomg

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Garam could be a fraction of FUG that is not happy or aligned with what the present FUG is doing. She seemed to be very impressed with Arlene and V i can see her following Arlenes old org.
The issue with this is that there isn't a "current" fug. FUG is a single entity only in name. Just looking at the workshop I would argue it is clear that FUG is actually composed of at least 2 factions whose overall goal is the same but their way of doing stuff and perhaps overall ideology is dramatically different. Hence why there was a faction that did not want to give bam the thorn and instead wanted to melt him with the thorn so one of the slayers could use it against zahard while the other faction conspired to give the thorn to bam without the others knowing.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I see FUG as more active Zahard "haters", as long as you want to climb higher and dislike his authority you can join FUG. Garam fits, but the members can have other motivations as well.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just don't buy it. She may share their dislike of Zahard but from what we've seen her methods and theirs are too different.

She seems like too much of individualist for either faction of FUG to me.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I just don't buy it. She may share their dislike of Zahard but from what we've seen her methods and theirs are too different.

We have not really seen much of her methods though. All we have seen her though is patiently wait at the floor of death to tell bam a story. What we have seen definitely does not work with karaka's faction but it is by no means mutually exclusive with the faction that abducted and trained bam. If anything what she has done plays out all too perfectly for them since it was her words that finally got bam to accept his "destiny" and make it his goal to dethrone zahard. It's perfectly plausible she is not with FUG but it is hard to ignore how perfectly her current role in the story plays into the faction of fug that wanted bam to have the thorn.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
We have not really seen much of her methods though. All we have seen her though is patiently wait at the floor of death to tell bam a story. What we have seen definitely does not work with karaka's faction but it is by no means mutually exclusive with the faction that abducted and trained bam. If anything what she has done plays out all too perfectly for them since it was her words that finally got bam to accept his "destiny" and make it his goal to dethrone zahard. It's perfectly plausible she is not with FUG but it is hard to ignore how perfectly her current role in the story plays into the faction of fug that wanted bam to have the thorn.
I get what your saying but I just don't see it.

FUG's all about taking down Zahard and the 10 Families. Garam doesn't seem motivated by that. She may not like Zahard but that doesn't necessarily align her with everyone else who doesn't. To use a sports analogy, I hate the Yankees but that doesn't make me a Red Socks fan.

I guess I would consider FUG "beneath" her. She just seems like somebody that's doing her own thing to me and I don't see her comprising on that. I don't see her giving even half a damn what an organization like FUG might want.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I get what your saying but I just don't see it.

FUG's all about taking down Zahard and the 10 Families. Garam doesn't seem motivated by that. She may not like Zahard but that doesn't necessarily align her with everyone else who does. To use a sports analogy, I hate the Yankees but that doesn't make me a Red Socks fan.

I guess I would consider FUG "beneath" her. She just seems like somebody that's doing her own thing to me and I don't see her comprising on that.
To me garam seems completely motivated by that to be honest. She literally set bam on route to kill zahard, something which even fug had failed to do up to this point (stupidly considering luslec could have told bam most of what garam said). Not to mention that garam has more than enough to justify a grudge against zahard. The princesses scam, the bit where she had to kill her twin sister, having to run away to the floor of death.... More so, if she is found then she will be murdered by the empire. It's perfectly plausible that she is independent but even if that is the case everything she has done falls way too perfectly into fug's plans for bam (at least the faction that wants bam to succeed anyways).

Brian Taboada

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's perfectly plausible that she is independent but even if that is the case everything she has done falls way too perfectly into fug's plans for bam (at least the faction that wants bam to succeed anyways).
There is an ancient proverb that “an enemy of my enemy is my friend” which suggests that two opposing parties can or should work together against a common enemy. Here, the Zahard empire is clearly the enemy of Garam as she is being hunted by them. She clearly played a role in some plan regarding Baam by waiting and delivering a message to him. Upon completion of this task she contacted someone to provide a status and appraise Baam.

Garam is either in league with a yet undisclosed group or with an element of FUG most likely associated with Luslec and not Karaka. The undisclosed group may even be princes. However, I suspect it is FUG and that the organization is much larger than it is given credit for and may even include at least one Family head (Po Bidau Gustang) if not others.

We know Garam went and talked to Enne (Gustang daughter) after she was locked away. Garam is also said to have admired Enne strength and believed she would be the one to put an end to the strife among them and their families. Don’t forget that Enne confronted Zahard and discovered he had been behind the events that led to the tragic death of all the first-generation princesses. Certainly no loss of love. Now to her dad, during the Workshop Battle Gustang was asked about his “plan” and Gustang replied that he will watch how the boy dealt with the hardships as long as the competitors didn't cross the line while seeing how strong the "real Thorn" got when it was at the hands of an Irregular. Obviously he has an interest in Baam and even aided him. He may have even provided Arlene the way out of the tower as it is said he knows the way.

All this leads to some sort of coincidental relationship between some old names who originally climbed the tower and Garam. Their interest in Baam can only be for one real reason otherwise they would have just welcomed him with hugs and kisses. Thus, I think Garam is involved with, if not a member of, the original elements of FUG and after the FOD, she will continue in this capacity if Baam is successful.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Funny chapter, Yuri and Urek are so stupid xD I have a friend that is like Yuri and everytime she was spouting nonsense, i was recalliing her.

Baam's attitude this chapter was also hilarious, it's a nice way to end a chapter i think.

Not much to comment, though.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
USo, Urek is just a common guy wnating the attention of the one he loves. Hockney completely deceived her, he is perfect as a matchmaker. Yuri is one of the funniest characters, she never listens to her older sisters,but I just miss Rak. I'm curious about repellista too, she wa sthe one leading Yuri through this season, but in which side is she?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
USo, Urek is just a common guy wnating the attention of the one he loves. Hockney completely deceived her, he is perfect as a matchmaker. Yuri is one of the funniest characters, she never listens to her older sisters,but I just miss Rak. I'm curious about repellista too, she wa sthe one leading Yuri through this season, but in which side is she?
Good question.... though I am not exactly sure of how repelista factors into this arc. Has she done anything beyond guiding yuri to bam? It's kinda hard to imagine her doing much considering she has not begun climbing the tower. As for repellista's side... The most we can reasonably suggest is that she is an enemy of zahard. Given the new information we have regarding princesses and princes, it is not a stretch that repelista would be aware of it all. A princess that is familiar with the sham that the princess competition actually is would naturally not be a fan of zahard. But that does not answer whether she is allied with fug or some other party. It kinda looks like mascheny has her own agenda here so I wouldn't put it past repelista to be allied with her.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Good question.... though I am not exactly sure of how repelista factors into this arc. Has she done anything beyond guiding yuri to bam? It's kinda hard to imagine her doing much considering she has not begun climbing the tower. As for repellista's side... The most we can reasonably suggest is that she is an enemy of zahard. Given the new information we have regarding princesses and princes, it is not a stretch that repelista would be aware of it all. A princess that is familiar with the sham that the princess competition actually is would naturally not be a fan of zahard. But that does not answer whether she is allied with fug or some other party. It kinda looks like mascheny has her own agenda here so I wouldn't put it past repelista to be allied with her.
Well, Repellista can do a lot of things from her bedroom, she has an Opera after all. I don't know if she is an ally of Zahard or not, but I think she is an ally of Tperie. She got her Opera from her after all. We know Gustang has his own agenda, she might have her own too or they might be allies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, Repellista can do a lot of things from her bedroom, she has an Opera after all. I don't know if she is an ally of Zahard or not, but I think she is an ally of Tperie. She got her Opera from her after all. We know Gustang has his own agenda, she might have her own too or they might be allies.
Well, an opera is not something you give away to some asshole so it makes sense she would have some degree or context of closeness to tperie. Though we have absolutely no information regarding anything concerning tperie other than she gave away one of the most valuable objects in the tower to someone who is not even a ranker. Still, to me it seems fairly likely that any princess that finds out the true nature of the competition they are in is bound to be an enemy of zahard.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

LOL jamin stop falling for 2 D charas. more se for jahard princess.
On a serious note what kind of method did u see to discern her fromfug? so far we saw nothing we know nothing. We dont even know if everything she said is truth or not she lives in floor of death nothing about her we know from any secondary source not to mention we dont even know what her method is.she might very well be a part of fug fractions

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't had an opportunity to keep up with everything until this past week. HOLY COW! The number of revelations this arc has had is breathtaking! So FUG's dispute with Zahard is part of an ongoing conflict that traces its origins all the way back to the original travelers. We still don't know why too Zahard stopped climbing the Tower. Zahard appears to be a blond, so Rachel's dad? If so, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree then if it turns out Zahard chased Arlene considering his obsession with her. Etc. etc.

These past few chapters in particular have been interesting since we're seeing so many high-tiers in action. Seeing how Urek handles a guy who no-shots Shinso will be interesting. Baam may also establish formal relations with Wolhaiksong now since it's the one organization that won't screw Baam and allies over. If Baam ends up forging a FUG-Wolhaiksong alliance, his ability to wreak political havoc on the Tower's upper-tiers will be limitless.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL jamin stop falling for 2 D charas. more se for jahard princess.
Come on now, I would never cheat on Anrossi. You know that.:amuse

On a serious note what kind of method did u see to discern her fromfug? so far we saw nothing we know nothing. We dont even know if everything she said is truth or not she lives in floor of death nothing about her we know from any secondary source not to mention we dont even know what her method is.she might very well be a part of fug fractions
Are you asking what about her methods I consider incompatible with FUG?

If that's your question my answer would be in a word "individualism".

They called her the hermit in the north city. FUG is a group pursuing a common goal together. That professed goal being to overthrow Zahard and the 10 Families. That includes other princesses, like Yuri. Garam jumped in to help Yuri without hesitating, so she's not willing to go to war with everyone associated with Zahard. While FUG and her may have common ground on her dislike of Zahard do you think she'd be willing to march to the beat of their drum? I do not. I just don't think she's that type of character.

If anything it seems like she's motivated by the plight of Zahard's princesses. Which puts her against Zahard and FUG.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Come on now, I would never cheat on Anrossi. You know that.:amuse

Are you asking what about her methods I consider incompatible with FUG?

If that's your question my answer would be in a word "individualism".

They called her the hermit in the north city. FUG is a group pursuing a common goal together. That professed goal being to overthrow Zahard and the 10 Families. That includes other princesses, like Yuri. Garam jumped in to help Yuri without hesitating, so she's not willing to go to war with everyone associated with Zahard. While FUG and her may have common ground on her dislike of Zahard do you think she'd be willing to march to the beat of their drum? I do not. I just don't think she's that type of character.

If anything it seems like she's motivated by the plight of Zahard's princesses. Which puts her against Zahard and FUG.
I don't think fug would make an enemy out of a princess merely because she is a princess. The likely consideration here would be whether the princess is loyal to the empire or not. If they weren't willing to act like that then someone like white, a member of the arie family, probably wouldn't have been able to become a slayer. Neither would jinsung. If anything I would argue that FUG would be thrilled at the chance to get an actual princess on their side. I doubt there is much difference between a member of the 10 families and a princess from their perspective at least.

As for fug itself, they are united in their goal but not their methods. We have specifically seen multiple factions of fug and there could easily be more. It's not implausible that garam could find a place among them. And her goal is clearly to defeat zahard as well, what other reason would there be for her to play such a role in a prophecy that is specifically meant to end zahard? Coincidence or not what she did this arc aligns more than perfectly with the fug faction that wanted bam to have the thorn.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think fug would make an enemy out of a princess merely because she is a princess. The likely consideration here would be whether the princess is loyal to the empire or not. If they weren't willing to act like that then someone like white, a member of the arie family, probably wouldn't have been able to become a slayer. Neither would jinsung. If anything I would argue that FUG would be thrilled at the chance to get an actual princess on their side. I doubt there is much difference between a member of the 10 families and a princess from their perspective at least.

As for fug itself, they are united in their goal but not their methods. We have specifically seen multiple factions of fug and there could easily be more. It's not implausible that garam could find a place among them. And her goal is clearly to defeat zahard as well, what other reason would there be for her to play such a role in a prophecy that is specifically meant to end zahard? Coincidence or not what she did this arc aligns more than perfectly with the fug faction that wanted bam to have the thorn.
I would argue that so far they have been very much united by their methods.

Even somebody like Jinsung. Who seems like about the most moderate FUG member we've ever seen was more than willing to involve regulars. And more than willing to hold his friends hostage in order to get Baam to cooperate. They are a semi-religious organization bent on achieving the deaths of Zahard and the leader of the 10 Families. That requires a certain tolerance for underhanded methods and collateral damage.

What have we seen Garam do to make you think she'd be on board for that?

If she was a member of any group I would think it would be Wakasong. She's seems to want to see change more than revenge and like I said I can't even imagine her taking orders from anybody. Personally, I doubt even that though...because she hates poor Mazino.:XD

And another thing, if we pretend for a minute that she was FUG. As strong as she is wouldn't they have made her a slayer? Get her to take the thorn or manipulate Mazino into taking it and going after Zahard? If she belonged to FUG it seems like that would be much simpler than this.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would argue that so far they have been very much united by their methods.

Even somebody like Jinsung. Who seems like about the most moderate FUG member we've ever seen was more than willing to involve regulars. And more than willing to hold his friends hostage in order to get Baam to cooperate. They are a semi-religious organization bent on achieving the deaths of Zahard and the leader of the 10 Families. That requires a certain tolerance for underhanded methods and collateral damage.

What have we seen Garam do to make you think she'd be on board for that?

If she was a member of any group I would think it would be Wakasong. She's seems to want to see change more than revenge and like I said I can't even imagine her taking orders from anybody. Personally, I doubt even that though...because she hates poor Mazino.:XD

And another thing, if we pretend for a minute that she was FUG. As strong as she is wouldn't they have made her a slayer? Get her to take the thorn or manipulate Mazino into taking it and going after Zahard? If she belonged to FUG it seems like that would be much simpler than this.
I didn't mean to say one faction of fug was unwilling to do horrible things to get what they want. When I talked about their methods I refered to specifically to how they want to use bam. One side wanted bam to have the thorn to kill zahard and another wanted to fuse bam to the thorn so that a slayer may use it. And what we have seen garam does is perfectly in sync with what the faction that wanted bam to have the thorn wants. If anything, bam and that fug faction have never been so aligned in their goals as they are now and that is all thanks to garam.

I am not sure we have seen enough of garam to asses whether she'd be onboard or not with collateral damage. She seems good in that regard but her disagreeing with some of what fug does does not mean she disagrees with everything.

As for wolfhaikson... I don't see why garam would join. Their goal is to leave the tower, not change it. Garam just might care about changing the tower but that is a mutually exclusive goal with leaving it.

Well, there are people stronger than garam in fug that are not slayers. Jinsung for one. I started a thread about why this stupidly powerful fug people are not slayers a few days ago, check it out.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't mean to say one faction of fug was unwilling to do horrible things to get what they want. When I talked about their methods I refered to specifically to how they want to use bam. One side wanted bam to have the thorn to kill zahard and another wanted to fuse bam to the thorn so that a slayer may use it. And what we have seen garam does is perfectly in sync with what the faction that wanted bam to have the thorn wants. If anything, bam and that fug faction have never been so aligned in their goals as they are now and that is all thanks to garam.

I am not sure we have seen enough of garam to asses whether she'd be onboard or not with collateral damage. She seems good in that regard but her disagreeing with some of what fug does does not mean she disagrees with everything.

As for wolfhaikson... I don't see why garam would join. Their goal is to leave the tower, not change it. Garam just might care about changing the tower but that is a mutually exclusive goal with leaving it.

Well, there are people stronger than garam in fug that are not slayers. Jinsung for one. I started a thread about why this stupidly powerful fug people are not slayers a few days ago, check it out.
We don't actually know if Jinsung is stronger than Garam.

We know she's a high ranker but we don't actually know where she ranks. Just that in her past she lost a battle to Adori Zahard who is the #7 ranked in the tower. So she's no lightweight. We also know she's got assets FUG would be desperate to use if they could. Like that she's known about the Thorn for quite a long while. And that she's got two 13 month series that I'm sure FUG would kill to get. And most importantly, like I said before, how badly would FUG want to use her to manipulate Mazino? Get Mazino the thorn and might be able to kill Zahard immediately. Why wouldn't she have tried to do that long ago if she was one of them?

I totally agree that disagreeing with some of FUG's philosophy and methodology does not mean she disagrees with everything. But the flip side of that is also true. Just because she agrees with some of what FUG wants does not mean she's has to become a member of the Chunni parade that is FUG.

As for why she might be a member of Wing Tree. Wing Tree is described as like a social club. FUG is described as more like a cult. You can join one and still do whatever you want. The other requires you do what they want you to. Both run in opposition to Zahard. Add Wing Tree's control of the 77th Floor and you've got an organization with all upsides and no downsides for her; aside from Mazino.:amuse