Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 404 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Imo Dr.Stone is just a Enjoyable C/B list series.
It's that one tv show that isn't particularly great, but its a good time passer than you don't mind watching. However, you would really feel any type a way if the show if it gets cancelled. It was just a fun, enjoyable watch. You never got too invested in it though

Tanzo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fire Punch - 4 volumes - 400k copies in print
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K - 21 volumes - 5 million copies in print

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
When world trigger will resume?
I hope it doesn't become the next HxH

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
How's that going for you? Set the bar too high and you will end up with disappointment and can't enjoy any series.
I'm going to comply with poor quality because of this? Dr. Stone is an adventure, action manga and as such he is One Piece direct opponent, there is no escape. Notice that I'm talking about quality, not sales here. The clear question is why I said Naruto, which ended like crap, well, it was good until the beginning of shippuden. It is not impossible, there is Haikyuu now, which, as far I'm concerned, is in the same level as Slam Dunk in quality. My Hero Academia didn't get there yet, but it has potential to. Too early to say about The Promised Neverland, but it also has potential.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
"We never learn" was so cute in chapter 10, Takemoto is by far the cutest and my favorite. I just don't like how athletic girls has to be tomboy, the author should innovated a bit, but I think it is too much to ask from Jump series. In any case, this was the first chapter I really felt the romance side of the series although Takemoto had already showed glimpses. I enjoyed it and I hope the series get its ranking up a little bit.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
When world trigger will resume?
I hope it doesn't become the next HxH
Dunno, haven't seen or heard anything about it for weeks. Maybe it is off for an entire year?

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I am worried about the fact it could become the next HxH or D.Gray man

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I honestly didn't expect World Trigger's hiatus to last more than 2 months. I hope Ashihara is doing okay.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it's not like he's dying. He was able to draw the volume cover after all, and I believe the little extras as well.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
From what I heard the condition he's suffering from isn't something people just recover from. So even after this hiatus I still expect more hiatuses

UnspokenCoconut

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
I wasn't attempting to argue quality (I feel the writers previous work does that), I was just stating a factoid.

But, assuming it was a statement on quality, having an actual scientist working on the series as a consultant is pretty interesting/cool. At the very least, the series is educational.
This is just feels weird in my eyes. Souma have had so many educational stuffs about meat/spices/how to coock certain ingredient, etc. But I never even once heard someone said Souma was an educational series. Just because it's about cooking, doesn't mean its not/less educational than science-y things.

To praise Dr Stone just because it have some simple science feels quite "huh, what?" to me.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I am worried about the fact it could become the next HxH or D.Gray man
"Could"? Come on, it's already the next big thing on hiatus world.

So it's exactly like I said, huh? People set the bar too high imagining that any new manga could be the next big thing, get frustrated and then start hating haha.

We only have a series like that in what? 5~10 years?

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is just feels weird in my eyes. Souma have had so many educational stuffs about meat/spices/how to coock certain ingredient, etc. But I never even once heard someone said Souma was an educational series. Just because it's about cooking, doesn't mean its not/less educational than science-y things.

To praise Dr Stone just because it have some simple science feels quite "huh, what?" to me.
You have to look for my posts if you want to read anything about Shokugeki no Soma here. People likes to talk about the bad side of the magazine here, not the good one, if you know what I mean.
I didn't use the word educational, but I talked about it last Saturday. I even said that it was an underrated part of the series.
Well, I'm talking about the mos recent chapters here, so I may not understand my excitement.
I don't usually read mangas just for the ships and I really like when I learn something with a manga. Shokugeki no Soma has been developing its explanations about cooking recently, the latest chapter was one of the best, I understood everything and I am a noob at culinary. I think it is an aspect of the series that it is not much appreciated.
"Could"? Come on, it's already the next big thing on hiatus world.

So it's exactly like I said, huh? People set the bar too high imagining that any new manga could be the next big thing, get frustrated and then start hating haha.

We only have a series like that in what? 5~10 years?
It is not my fault you don't look for improvement and quality and is satisfied with anything.
That's the kind of mindset that Sunday and Magazine have, sticking with the same authors and playing safe. Jump editors are not like that and most of the readers are not, that's why the majority of the series are dropped in the act. They are looking for greatness 24/7.

If the series has flaws, I will point that out, I am not accommodated.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
You have to look for my posts if you want to read anything about Shokugeki no Soma here. People likes to talk about the bad side of the magazine here, not the good one, if you know what I mean.
I didn't use the word educational, but I talked about it last Saturday. I even said that it was an underrated part of the series.

It is not my fault you don't look for improvement and quality and is satisfied with anything.
That's the kind of mindset that Sunday and Magazine have, sticking with the same authors and playing safe. Jump editors are not like that and most of the readers are not, that's why the majority of the series are dropped in the act. They are looking for greatness 24/7.

If the series has flaws, I will point that out, I am not accommodated.
Nonono, I never said that you should be satisfied with it. We're all FAR from it. The thing is, you're completely biased for what you like and dislike. One thing is to be able too see flaws on both sides and make this noted. The other thing, which is completely different, is to plainly hate a series that simply did not satisfy what you expected.

If you did not understand what I tried to say, just read your comments about WCS and Dr. Stone.

SkerllyFC

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

What's wrong with Souma and Dr Stone being educational? That's a nice bonus

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
What's the trading card MHA game Horikoshi keep talking about? Is it like a gacha game where you can pull for different characters?

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
What's the trading card MHA game Horikoshi keep talking about? Is it like a gacha game where you can pull for different characters?
It's just a regular card game from what I can tell. I own one from volume 13's OVA bundle. It's what you'd expect.

There's a twitter for it:
https://twitter.com/heroaca_tcg

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nonono, I never said that you should be satisfied with it. We're all FAR from it. The thing is, you're completely biased for what you like and dislike. One thing is to be able too see flaws on both sides and make this noted. The other thing, which is completely different, is to plainly hate a series that simply did not satisfy what you expected.

If you did not understand what I tried to say, just read your comments about WCS and Dr. Stone.
Are you for real? It is two completely different series, what you should expect from a romance/slice of life series is not the same thing you should expect from an action/adventure series! That said, I did criticize We Never Learn or didn't you read when I said that it was not there yet? The more I talk to you, the more I think that you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Shinji Hirako

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Respect to the Twin Star Exorcist mangaka for calling the Naruto/Bleach/One piece era his personal golden age of Jump on twitter. I'm always going to be bias towards those three series because they are my gateway in to anime/manga.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Respect to the Twin Star Exorcist mangaka for calling the Naruto/Bleach/One piece era his personal golden age of Jump on twitter. I'm always going to be bias towards those three series because they are my gateway in to anime/manga.
Its a weird feeling seeing mangaka of this day and age saying that Naruto, Bleach and One Piece were a huge inspiration to their current work output since I grew up reading them as well. I obviously don't have that same feeling when Kishimoto and Oda said that Dragonball heavily inspired their works because obviously it was before my time and I didn't start reading it until years after it had finished its run while I was reading Naruto and One Piece as they were running in Jump.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Man, how time runs fast... From 2020 onward we will have authors that wasn't even born when One Piece started. Oda must be feeling really old right now, even more when people treat him like an elder that was inspiration for them. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.