Discussion - The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread | Page 104 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Why do you like your OTP?

• Total voters

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Natsu didn't touch Lucy's breasts with any sexual intentions. He wasn't trying to embarrass her or gain any pleasure from it. He was just too dense to realize that he should cover his eyes instead of her breasts. Lucy probably knows Natsu well enough to know this, and that's why she doesn't think it's sexual assault. Again, Lucy's feelings on the matter is really what's important.

Besides, doesn't this kind of go both ways? Lucy came flying through the air and smothered Natsu's face with her boobs. Natsu was complaining about his eyes. If a girl tackled me out of nowhere and smothered me with her boobs, I would call that a form sexual assault as well. From Natsu's perspective, Lucy was the pervert. But imo, it's silly to say that Natsu and Lucy sexually assaulted each other minutes apart in the same scene. A dragon stripped Lucy and threw her into Natsu. You can say that Natsu was being an idiot when he covered Lucy's breasts instead of his eyes, but he wasn't trying to rape Lucy.
He did at least once, and given that she's said she doesn't like it, you'd think he'd know better than to touch it again or hold her boobs. He can't be that stupid to realize that he should be covering his eyes instead of grabbing her baby-feeder. But her feelings are discomfort and anger whenever he touches her inappropriately.

Why would you, if a girl flew out of nowhere and landed on you unintentionally? That's not sexual assault, just as it's not sexual assault if Natsu lands on Lucy and accidentally touches her boobs.

I never said he was trying to rape her though. My point, which I personally believe to be true based on experience, is that Natsu-Lucy shippers would justify and deny the rape and call it development or something. I'm likely wrong and/or exaggerating, hopefully.
But isn't Juvia saying Lucy is closest friend.... the same as Zeref saying Gray is Natsu's best friend while saying Lucy/Happy have a special bond?

OMG! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT THE GILDARTS WAS TRYING TO BE NAUGHTY WITH CANA VIBE!!!

I always figured most people saw that. :s So much perv with Gildarts, it's disturbing.

Boomburst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He did at least once, and given that she's said she doesn't like it, you'd think he'd know better than to touch it again or hold her boobs. He can't be that stupid to realize that he should be covering his eyes instead of grabbing her baby-feeder. But her feelings are discomfort and anger whenever he touches her inappropriately.

Why would you, if a girl flew out of nowhere and landed on you unintentionally? That's not sexual assault, just as it's not sexual assault if Natsu lands on Lucy and accidentally touches her boobs.

I never said he was trying to rape her though. My point, which I personally believe to be true based on experience, is that Natsu-Lucy shippers would justify and deny the rape and call it development or something. I'm likely wrong and/or exaggerating, hopefully.

I always figured most people saw that. :s So much perv with Gildarts, it's disturbing.
I think you misunderstand why a lot of Nalu shippers love seeing fanservice moments between them. Nobody is regarding Natsu touching Lucy's boobs as actual development. They're simply crude teases towards the pairing being legitimate, like Hiro's way of making the ship canon without actually making the ship canon, if you see what I'm getting at. If all Nalu had were random moments of touching private parts I highly doubt the majority of Nalu shippers would consider Nalu to be a very developed pairing. Personally my love for Nalu stems from much deeper signs of progression and growth that I've seen throughout the series. The little fanservice stuff is just icing on the cake :hee

And if you think about it from a story-writing perspective, you COULD technically consider those fanservice moments as development of the ship, since logically speaking the more fanservice Hiro gives to Natsu and Lucy the less likely it becomes that he won't end up putting them together by the end of the series.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't even keep up with this convo anymore but I'll say this one thing: I respect Lucy on how much she cares for Natsu. Getting possessed by darkness while rewriting his book, without knowing the consequences of how those markings might scar her for life, that's love. As FT gets closer to ending, I seriously won't be surprised if Hiro left their romance stuff for them to develop in the future and not in-series. Their bond is amazing, it's why they're my favorite characters. Romance is cool but all in all it's for the birds.

Serious question, will people really outrage if Natsu and Lucy stay friends and develop romantically in the epilogue?

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I can't even keep up with this convo anymore but I'll say this one thing: I respect Lucy on how much she cares for Natsu. Getting possessed by darkness while rewriting his book, without knowing the consequences of how those markings might scar her for life, that's love. As FT gets closer to ending, I seriously won't be surprised if Hiro left their romance stuff for them to develop in the future and not in-series. Their bond is amazing, it's why they're my favorite characters. Romance is cool but all in all it's for the birds.

Serious question, will people really outrage if Natsu and Lucy stay friends and develop romantically in the epilogue?
Who would rage more? The Nalu fans (wanting romantic scenes before epilogue) or the Nalu haters (saying all the development was pushed into last chapter because Mashima was forced at knife point by fans to make it canon).

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who would rage more? The Nalu fans (wanting romantic scenes before epilogue) or the Nalu haters (saying all the development was pushed into last chapter because Mashima was forced at knife point by fans to make it canon).
Who even knows Jinx... but it's gonna be dumb as hell either way. It's gonna be some crazy blow up like Bleach or Naruto, even though it's not that comparable. I still don't even understand Naruto's, Sakura is trash who prefers marrying someone who is more likely to commit domestic abuse. Bleach's was more understandable (still triggered lol) but like Hiro, Kubo called those two more than friends, less than lovers so it's not like he didn't foreshadow that, it's just it was pretty generic and boring how he did.

Natsu and Lucy's current relationship perfectly describes the trope "more than friends, less than lovers". I'm not holding my breath either way cause in truth I'm fine with whatever outcome. If Natsu ends up with Lisanna the outrage will be justified lmao, we'll be looking at the biggest shitstorm of the century if that happens

petto

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Estonia
I will be happy if at least one romantic moment from the side of Natsu happens. Mashima all this time fed us a fanservice and even now Lucy looks more like a writhing not from pain but from orgasm and it's disgusting.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I wanna see babies so there better be romance moments. I guess fans wanna see their favourite ships with their first moments and happy times. Why else would there be all those steamy fanfics plastered on the interweb?

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will be happy if at least one romantic moment from the side of Natsu happens. Mashima all this time fed us a fanservice and even now Lucy looks more like a writhing not from pain but from orgasm and it's disgusting.
Fanservice doesn't always equal romantic, we've had a lot of Natsu/Lucy fanservice that had nothing to do with romance but I understand where you're coming from as you can gather hints towards that. Not following you with the orgasm Lucy thing, I'm lost and don't even wanna know cause I'm pure.

I wanna see babies so there better be romance moments. I guess fans wanna see their favourite ships with their first moments and happy times. Why else would there be all those steamy fanfics plastered on the interweb?
Gajeel/Levy and Gray/Juvia will 100% have kids, everyone else is in the air in my opinion. I'm just not fussy with them being all romantic and stuff, Lucy has never had a boyfriend and Natsu has only had a crush on Virgo :derp, story-wise it would be fitting if they developed romantically in the epilogue while all the other ships can be lovey-dovey for days. link me those fanfics for a friend

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fanservice doesn't always equal romantic, we've had a lot of Natsu/Lucy fanservice that had nothing to do with romance but I understand where you're coming from as you can gather hints towards that. Not following you with the orgasm Lucy thing, I'm lost and don't even wanna know cause I'm pure.

Gajeel/Levy and Gray/Juvia will 100% have kids, everyone else is in the air in my opinion. I'm just not fussy with them being all romantic and stuff, Lucy has never had a boyfriend and Natsu has only had a crush on Virgo :derp, story-wise it would be fitting if they developed romantically in the epilogue while all the other ships can be lovey-dovey for days. link me those fanfics for a friend
Cana, Vijeeter, and Freed are the only ones I can see without children. I can see Natsu wanting all the cuddles once their relationship blooms but ya, they aren't very affectionate and it works for them Fanfiction.net and tumblr has lots

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Convo stopped though, so take your time catching up. I'm probably not gonna go any further as I don't feel comfortable debating with most people here, as I don't wanna make some members feel uncomfortable with my unintentional aggressiveness. Axiomus is a mod though, so he's gonna have to deal with members' aggressiveness one way or the other (as long as it's not rude or bashing). :>

I wouldn't mind as long as it's natural and all. The pairing is pretty good when thee's none of the stupid fan service or forced moments going on, and I feel that they're probably among the most natural of all the ships.

Same, bro, same.

A fan service that's been horrible for the most part.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, M3J has said his piece and I have said mine. I don't think there's much I can say to change his mind, and vice versa. We view things differently. Lucy's actions show her affections for Natsu despite the fact he touched her breasts. Lucy isn't holding it against Natsu, and for me it's enough to know Lucy is happy at the end of the day.

Daniel9Dsi brings up a point that I wanted to touch on, and that was that the main reason I like NaLu isn't because of fanservice. The fanservice is a little extra to go off on the side. I wouldn't like NaLu as much as I do without moments like when Natsu held her hand during the GMG, or moments like that. There are some fanservice moments that I do like though, like when Natsu first woke up from his coma and Lucy's first reaction was to give him a hug. This isn't really even because I like fanservice, but rather the fact that Lucy was so happy that she completely ignored the fact that she was naked shows the extent of how much she cares about him.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
rather the fact that Lucy was so happy that she completely ignored the fact that she was naked shows the extent of how much she cares about him.
See, that sort of stuff I'm completely okay with. We know Lucy's that kind of a person, so it's natural she's so happy that Natsu's okay she forgets or ignores that she's naked. Her concern for Natsu took over her instinct for modesty and whatnot. However, stripping Lucy before throwing her into the air and having her land into Natsu.... yeah, I dunno.

darkenedreality

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
On the topic, if Gajevy has kids already (technically) then all the major ships will have kids. I can't see only one ship having kids or any one else being left of out that. We have a lot of pairings set up for the next gen.

Juvia's dream is to be Gray's bride and Gray's dream is to have a disciple to pass his magic on to.... put two and two together lol... their kid will be his apprentice.

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
On the topic, if Gajevy has kids already (technically) then all the major ships will have kids. I can't see only one ship having kids or any one else being left of out that. We have a lot of pairings set up for the next gen.

Juvia's dream is to be Gray's bride and Gray's dream is to have a disciple to pass his magic on to.... put two and two together lol... their kid will be his apprentice.
Well the twins do mention that their friends are afraid of their dad. It could be friends outside the guild I dount it, so maybe the others have kids of their own as well.

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States
If that's the case the novel supports my point even more. XD Twins have friends: definitely the kids of the other ships. Why would they have friends outside the guild? It's all about fairy tail. Couldn't imagine any other kids.

petto

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Mashima never developed gajevy and they have children (though in the novel). At this point I do not even doubt that even miraxus will have a child. The main pairs definitely. The children of gruvia and nalu will be rivals as their fathers :teach

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Mashima never developed gajevy and they have children (though in the novel). At this point I do not even doubt that even miraxus will have a child. The main pairs definitely. The children of gruvia and nalu will be rivals as their fathers :teach
I'd like to see a female Nalu child and male Gruvia child or vice versa. I can see Natsu tell his child not to talk to Gray's or Gajeel's child that would be hilarious

thatsvicchan

Reaction score
Country
Italy
^ or the opposite situation in which Gruvia and Nalu's kids love each other otl

I'm not a fan of this honestly.

Gruvia's kid will also have some rivalry with Lyredy's kid :derp (which is better imho, that's my OT4)

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Depending on who they take after more I can see a few of them being afraid of Gajeel.