Discussion - The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread | Page 105 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Why do you like your OTP?

• Total voters

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'd like to see a female Nalu child and male Gruvia child or vice versa. I can see Natsu tell his child not to talk to Gray's or Gajeel's child that would be hilarious
Imagine Natsu with a teenage daughter lol. Overbearing/protective and I bet she wouldn't have a date. :D

darkenedreality

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like to see a Nalu daughter and a Gruvia son. Though it might be the opposite because the main usually has a boy. But then it would kind of be a cheap copy of Naruto (lol). I'd prefer a mini-Gray personally.

Since Gajevy kids have blue hair I would say it's 99% confirmed the Gruvia kid will have black hair.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
Natsu and Lucy will have a daughter, if we believe what Mashima had said and she will be called Nashi.

Gray and jubia will have suspected a boy and a girl, seen how is jubia I imagine it will kindly make a child Gray.

Erza and jellal, a boy I see Simon as a first name with godmother kagura.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm so gonna laugh if despite all the hype and hope, Lucy and Natsu aren't even married

(⌐■_■)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
BTW does anyone have the twin novel translation

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
BTW does anyone have the twin novel translation
Wish I could remember where I saw it think it was estella-mays tumblr she deactivated it unfortunately. It wasn't fully translated by the way it was translated to the part where the twins are at Lucy's apartment.

(⌐■_■)

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Wish I could remember where I saw it think it was estella-mays tumblr she deactivated it unfortunately. It wasn't fully translated by the way it was translated to the part where the twins are at Lucy's apartment.
Oh thanks for the help!
Well I'll just keep looking for it

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh thanks for the help!
Well I'll just keep looking for it
Yeah it's weird it seems to have vanished and no one rebloged it or they just didnt tag it right.

Sonicsucks20

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see the appeal, these pairings are badly one sided and completely hollow in reliability. NaLu and Gruvia are the most gimmicky and underdeveloped pairings that put them as a couple, and they are completely one sided from the girls part. They have zero romantic chemistry and like all shonen come off as like Naruto and Bleach, last minute.

It's as if SasuSaku and NaruHina fans kept the band wagon on from when Naruto pairings were hot back in the day. Also Gajevy is completely weird as hell. Considering once Gajeel went Bobby Brown on her and after that was like the former pairings, none of them showed me they gradually grew to accept and love each other.

Same with Jerza, same with Mavis x Zeref. Only couple I accept is the gun woman and her husband and child.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see the appeal, these pairings are badly one sided and completely hollow in reliability. NaLu and Gruvia are the most gimmicky and underdeveloped pairings that put them as a couple, and they are completely one sided from the girls part. They have zero romantic chemistry and like all shonen come off as like Naruto and Bleach, last minute.

It's as if SasuSaku and NaruHina fans kept the band wagon on from when Naruto pairings were hot back in the day. Also Gajevy is completely weird as hell. Considering once Gajeel went Bobby Brown on her and after that was like the former pairings, none of them showed me they gradually grew to accept and love each other.

Same with Jerza, same with Mavis x Zeref. Only couple I accept is the gun woman and her husband and child.
Well at least you are honest which is more than I can say for some people. But you are reading the wrong genre of Manga if you are looking for developed romance. Shojo manga would be up your ally if you want more romance thats actually developed. You just basically said all the main pairings are forced except the one that is truly canon due to marriage and a child aka Bisca and Alzack with Asuka with marriage pictures and everything.

Fairy Tail ends in 10 chapters roughly and I'm eager to see if Mashima will follow Rave in making a lot of the couplings canon. You should already be satisfied at this point for main pairings with the last color page Mashima released for most people. Let others deny and spin how they want to with all their might. Its not gonna change that message on the color page and the pairings inside the panels in color being next to each other or on top of each other in some cases.

Some will deny even if canon chapters happen but thats their prerogative and nothing to do with the ones that enjoy what has been given to us by Mashima.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

You do realize Alzacks and Bisca were partners. He was protective of her the same as Gajeel, Gray and Natsu are of their shipping pair. They got the same ship tease as Gruvia. Then Bisca was the one who made the move on Alzacks by asking him to marry her during first time skip. Same as Juvia making a move on Gray and Lucy having a crush on Natsu first. Most of their developments is just off panel.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well at least you are honest which is more than I can say for some people. But you are reading the wrong genre of Manga if you are looking for developed romance. Shojo manga would be up your ally if you want more romance thats actually developed. You just basically said all the main pairings are forced except the one that is truly canon due to marriage and a child aka Bisca and Alzack with Asuka with marriage pictures and everything.

Fairy Tail ends in 10 chapters roughly and I'm eager to see if Mashima will follow Rave in making a lot of the couplings canon. You should already be satisfied at this point for main pairings with the last color page Mashima released for most people. Let others deny and spin how they want to with all their might. Its not gonna change that message on the color page and the pairings inside the panels in color being next to each other or on top of each other in some cases.

Some will deny even if canon chapters happen but thats their prerogative and nothing to do with the ones that enjoy what has been given to us by Mashima.
Sad thing is. If ships to become fully canon at end, some people will act like Gray+Juvia or Natsu+Lucy or Jellal+Erza never spoke/interacted on any level to each other the whole series.

tentaimaho

Reaction score
Country
United States
- I can only see Jellal and Erza with a boy for some reason. It would be cool if he looked like Jellal without the tattoo but had Erza's scarlet hair and brown eyes. Kagura can be his Aunt lol.
- Natsu and Lucy should have a daughter to continue the Heartfilia clan genes. But I have a feeling if Mashima decided on them having kids it would be a boy though, it's odd for Shonen MC's to not have a boy.
- Gray and Juvia can go either way, I feel like they would have multiple kids. Maybe a boy and girl? That would be interesting.

liductan

Reaction score
Country
United States
- I can only see Jellal and Erza with a boy for some reason. It would be cool if he looked like Jellal without the tattoo but had Erza's scarlet hair and brown eyes. Kagura can be his Aunt lol.
- Natsu and Lucy should have a daughter to continue the Heartfilia clan genes. But I have a feeling if Mashima decided on them having kids it would be a boy though, it's odd for Shonen MC's to not have a boy.
- Gray and Juvia can go either way, I feel like they would have multiple kids. Maybe a boy and girl? That would be interesting.
I personally love that design on his face. He really stands out with It. I agree with the rest of the post.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
New - I can only see Jellal and Erza with a boy for some reason. It would be cool if he looked like Jellal without the tattoo but had Erza's scarlet hair and brown eyes. Kagura can be his Aunt lol.
I have seen nice art somewhere with Jerza son Simon and Rogura daughter Rosemary ( probably inside my head :whistle) :emocat

For something like that I could put aside my Kagura and Millianna ship

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Erza is very boyish so I can see them having one. Although, if they have a girl it would be like Irene reincarnated. Jellal would totally be the house husband. :)

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Wouldn't Jellal without the tattoo make him look a bit like.... Gray?

Also
Juvia (blue hair)
Jellal (blue hair)
Levy (blue hair)

.... so there is a chance for 3/4 of major ships to have blue haired babies.....?

4/5 if you count Happy being blue and reproducing with Charla.

tentaimaho

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can mashima keep up with Tokyo ghoul chapter 125 :garbear
I'd sooner kill myself before I would read an "intimate" chapter by Hiro Mashima. Would probably be most obvious self insert in existence. I don't need him projecting his wildest fantasies on Lucy, we've already seen it enough in this manga we don't need to take it a step further lol.

liductan

Reaction score
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Reebi, post: 4536622, member: 198003"]Erza is very boyish so I can see them having one. Although, if they have a girl it would be like Irene reincarnated. Jellal would totally be the house husband. :)[/QUOTE]

Since, when? What's makes her boyish? I'm confused. She's a strong girl but yet feminine to me.