Hardware - Computer Peripheral Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hardware Computer Peripheral Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
My mouse is probably going to die soon.

What does everyone use? I was looking into Logitech G600 or G602. Just a matter of whether I want to go wireless or not.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Re: The Games Hangout Thread

My mouse is probably going to die soon.

What does everyone use? I was looking into Logitech G600 or G602. Just a matter of whether I want to go wireless or not.
I've been using Razer Deathadder for one year now and it feels great, but I heard Naga is a good mouse as well. I am not sure about Logitech though, never used any of their products that much to make any assessment.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Re: The Games Hangout Thread

Seems like G600 is universally regarded as being a better version of the Razer Naga, and it's cheaper.

---------- Post added December 27, 2014 at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was December 22, 2014 at 05:55 PM ----------

Didn't like the g600 at all honestly. I used a pretty simple, ambidextrous mouse. That being said, the thumb buttons weren't the problem, I didn't like the extra button for my ring finger. The mouse was wider and much heavier than what I was used to and my hand got fatigued really easily. But mainly the issue is the ring finger button. It felt extremely awkward and was just too much to deal with.

Returned it and got the g502 Proteus Core. Super customizable with the ability to add weights and balance to it (not using them currently). My hand is still getting used to it, but some of the button placement feels awkward to me, but that might just be me not used to more than two buttons. Pretty nice ergonomic design though. I'll have to fiddle with it. I think I can map some of the dpi/preset buttons to other things so they're fully mappable in game, rather than them only controlling stuff I don't use. I like 800 dpi and don't see a need to switch dpi in-game.

Only real downside might be that the mouse is slimmer than I'm used to. I do have big hands, and there isn't much wiggle room at my fingers. Add that with Button 7 and 8 being just to the left at my pointer finger, and it feels somewhat clumsy.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I use whatever laptop's touchpad. :(

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Which is fine, but it's impossible to use with most games.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
The one Doraku uses, Razer Deathadder, seems to be a good option. See this article.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It's pretty standard as far as gaming mice go. But I'm of the opinion that it's a bit overpriced in comparison to what other brands offer. I've never owned one though, so maybe the construction and setup alone is worth the price.

I've adjusted a bit more to the G502, liking it for now.

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-gaming-mouse/#page-5

Ah, it was featured in the article Pat linked to. Weird that they label it as "best heavy mouse"...it doesn't feel THAT heavy to me. At least, it can't compare to the G600 I returned, but I guess that's only natural.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
True, too limited in movement. But why so intent on getting specific mouse when any would do?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Gaming mouses are tuned and better constructed than regular mouses. They can go through a beating depending on the game. They're more ergonomic, more customizable, have more buttons, etc.

Reactions: M3J

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
anyone has recommendation for a good gaming keyboard with affordable price? I am already set for Logitech G502 for my mouse choice, but I am still unsure about my keyboard options.

I'm thinking about buying either Roccat Ryos MK Pro or Corsair K70. I never had any experience with Roccat product, but I heard their products are actually decent and suitable for gaming needs.