A Fateful Encounter | Page 85 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Is that Sakura with shorter hair? Are there more pics of that "version"?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As we didn't talk a lot lately: :emocat

SukaSuka:

Well already started a bit on Slack but I really do believe that watching this as a batch makes it harder. Especially I tend to grow attached rather fast over a short amount of time. (Though I stop caring at some point if it wasn't an amazing story like Little Busters or G-Senjou.)
Anyway... Chtholly... :emocat Happiest girl on the planet, my ass! Dying right in front of your husbando? How dare you! :emocat I do wonder though if the author is simply a masochist... As he turns Ren and Willem into beasts and makes the fairy girls kill Willem as well. Sure he brings him back like a Deus ex Machina... Only Ren loses her pretty twin tails. Hah...
I just hate it that only the person to vanish completely is Chtholly... :/
Still I applaud them for making me almost cry. The OST was a big catalyst here. :XD A nice 7/10. :nod

Little Witch Academia:

It sure is refreshing that the main character wasn't the biggest badass and not even the flashiest. Chariot was a blast even without most of her magical powers. Go figure. :sky2
A really nice ending overall and Akko grew on me, especially thanks to her speech and that she loves sensei. <3 Also it made me smile that she could finally float in the end. If a girl deserves it, it is her.
I went out of my way and gave this a 8/10 simply because the second cour was a blast most of the time.

Yowamushi Pedal:

I do get the feeling that Sohoku won't win this and I don't mind. I actually hope Kyoto wins this so we get a new location for their final Inter High. Also Kyoto kinda looks like the bunch of main villains here.
Teshima though. :kreygasm It is quite surrealistic that he managed to keep up with Manami but hey at least it was entertaining. Not a snore fest like the actual Tour de France.
As the fourth season was already announced, I rate this Hime/10. :nod

Fate/Apocrypha:

The only new show I picked so far, which is really weird, and I enjoyed it a lot. Jeanne looks moe even though it is just A-1. Also not sure if Mordred is supposed to look that bratty? Sure she was forced to play the role of a boy like Artoria but this is expert tomboy level so far.
The action looks promising and it is a two cour show so I hope it gets the Fate-feeling going. :nod

There should be more to talk about but after finally finishing the last season yesterday I stop here for now. :XD

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Those 20 badges :zomg

Yooooooo nii how are you? I forgot to show you some K-songs as you wanted me to recommend some back then. So where do I start? I think I should start posting slowly..one by one.. slow but sure..lol. I usually listen to female group songs, but there are some songs from male groups that I like. You okay with this? Or perhaps you like rap/heavy metal songs? :D But I guess it's normal right? Boys listen to female group songs and watch their MVs, girls listen to male group songs and watch their MVs. Not to mention Korean/Asian girls are pretty that they make me fanboy!!!!! Ok I sound like a pervert, back to the topic. :p

Most of K-songs have rap part nowadays, even if the song is mellow. So you will be familiar with it.

I will put it under spoiler tags

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
@niichan Which characters should I be looking forward to in Apocrypha? :hmm

Kiki

S-Slave
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Kiki

S-Slave
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

This is probably very old post but who cares
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What is this, nii?

Emiya Alter looks cool in this pic.

(poor nii he's got so many questions :teehee)

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
When you realise that Sky has more posts here than you do :XD

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dat ava... it must be this

:kappa
Yeah thanks for revealing where my ava is coming from... not :(

Is that Sakura with shorter hair? Are there more pics of that "version"?
Sure, there are. I saw plenty, but you will have to look for yourself if you're really curious. I only have two saved on my PC, here:

oh btw, those versions of Shirou, Sakura and Rin are supposed to be their ultimate forms as mages. Basically meaning if they reached their peak power/knowledge, this is how they would look. Sure makes one interested in a possible story covering that.

As we didn't talk a lot lately: :emocat

SukaSuka:

Well already started a bit on Slack but I really do believe that watching this as a batch makes it harder. Especially I tend to grow attached rather fast over a short amount of time. (Though I stop caring at some point if it wasn't an amazing story like Little Busters or G-Senjou.)
Anyway... Chtholly... :emocat Happiest girl on the planet, my ass! Dying right in front of your husbando? How dare you! :emocat I do wonder though if the author is simply a masochist... As he turns Ren and Willem into beasts and makes the fairy girls kill Willem as well. Sure he brings him back like a Deus ex Machina... Only Ren loses her pretty twin tails. Hah...
I just hate it that only the person to vanish completely is Chtholly... :/
Still I applaud them for making me almost cry. The OST was a big catalyst here. :XD A nice 7/10. :nod

Little Witch Academia:

It sure is refreshing that the main character wasn't the biggest badass and not even the flashiest. Chariot was a blast even without most of her magical powers. Go figure. :sky2
A really nice ending overall and Akko grew on me, especially thanks to her speech and that she loves sensei. <3 Also it made me smile that she could finally float in the end. If a girl deserves it, it is her.
I went out of my way and gave this a 8/10 simply because the second cour was a blast most of the time.

Yowamushi Pedal:

I do get the feeling that Sohoku won't win this and I don't mind. I actually hope Kyoto wins this so we get a new location for their final Inter High. Also Kyoto kinda looks like the bunch of main villains here.
Teshima though. :kreygasm It is quite surrealistic that he managed to keep up with Manami but hey at least it was entertaining. Not a snore fest like the actual Tour de France.
As the fourth season was already announced, I rate this Hime/10. :nod

Fate/Apocrypha:

The only new show I picked so far, which is really weird, and I enjoyed it a lot. Jeanne looks moe even though it is just A-1. Also not sure if Mordred is supposed to look that bratty? Sure she was forced to play the role of a boy like Artoria but this is expert tomboy level so far.
The action looks promising and it is a two cour show so I hope it gets the Fate-feeling going. :nod

There should be more to talk about but after finally finishing the last season yesterday I stop here for now. :XD
Well I think I told you that SukaSuka lost me somewhere around the halfpoint. Sure it still was sad, so I won't say it didn't work, and I was interested enough that I looked on MAL what's supposed to happen to Willem etc afterwards bc it was left so vague, but I'm not sure if I would even pick up a second season if it came... so I don't think I'm a good person to discuss SukaSuka with :XD

Regarding LWA, that was pretty good indeed. Tbh at times I felt slightly bored and I never got completely emotionally invested, but at it's high points it definitely delivered. The last EP was great :zomg Akko really grew on me, such a cute girl. Also that friendship with Diana turned out really cute :zomg
I think I only gave the show a 7/10 in the end, bc of the things I mentioned. Would have given it a 7.5 if I could, but it's just not an 8/10 for me.

Tbh I thought this third season of Yowamushi was rather disappointing. There were good moments, but overall it lacked a lot of that blood-pumping entertainment. I don't exactly blame it on the charas, the new ones actually are interesting and the old cast is likeable already, but it felt too much like a repeat of the first Inter-High. Especially that whole "Onoda gets lost in the crowd again", which was just... urgh. Doesn't help that Teshima is likeable but just, yeah, way too average lol, to actually care much about him. Here's hoping that the rest of the Inter High's going to be better.

I think she will look way less bratty later on, you probably saw already xD But in general she's more of a tomboy yeah, after all she never wanted to be like her mother. So far I'm pretty satisfied. Sure it's not ufotable level, but the animation is quite okay so far and they're not removing anything as far as I know.

Those 20 badges :zomg

Yooooooo nii how are you? I forgot to show you some K-songs as you wanted me to recommend some back then. So where do I start? I think I should start posting slowly..one by one.. slow but sure..lol. I usually listen to female group songs, but there are some songs from male groups that I like. You okay with this? Or perhaps you like rap/heavy metal songs? :D But I guess it's normal right? Boys listen to female group songs and watch their MVs, girls listen to male group songs and watch their MVs. Not to mention Korean/Asian girls are pretty that they make me fanboy!!!!! Ok I sound like a pervert, back to the topic. :p

Most of K-songs have rap part nowadays, even if the song is mellow. So you will be familiar with it.

I will put it under spoiler tags
I like my badges too :pleased

Tbh I'm not too interested in the PV performance, mostly just the tracks. So I don't really care if the songs come from boys or girls haha, as long as it's a good song. I listened to both, the first wasn't really my thing, but I did like the second one, so thanks for that :blush

And I think I told you I can enjoy almost every kind of music. It's kind a generic answer to give, but it really is like that lol.

@niichan Which characters should I be looking forward to in Apocrypha? :hmm
That's a difficult question Atom xD Like I told you, I don't know about quite a big part of the story either, and in the end everyone has his own preferences, especially when it comes to characters. Personally I think Mordred definitely is a highlight, Jeanne could very well be too ofc. Karna is cool too, he kinda has this dark chuuni style and can actually pull it off without seeming ridiculous lol.

Kotomine Shirou will definitely surprise you... :XD besides that, just wait and see I would say~

This is probably very old post but who cares
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What is this, nii?

Emiya Alter looks cool in this pic.

(poor nii he's got so many questions :teehee)
Yeah very old but still good :nod

Sky already answered the question, there's a new costume shop in the JP version of FGO. So far it only has a Mashu summer outfit, but I believe those on the pic will come too. Not completely sure, but they were made for FGO at least.

And yeah, Emiya Alter can actually look quite okay if he gets a better outfit and someone who can draw really well. Still not happy with his design, but I already saw some pics were he actually looked somewhat cool, so it's okay.

It's not really a Fate thing, but my impression is that it's way more apparent in the Fate series than in any other series. :lmao This comment is pure gold. :lmao
You and your Fate bashing, I love you :)

Jokes aside, he does have a point. I feel it's slightly overdone, bc there definitely are many rules that do remain, but in fact saying "never" or "always" is a thing that's most often not going to turn out true in the end :XD It's probably used to add shock or surprise to the scene, but ofc that only works so many times. Other times it's used to point out how "special" a certain character or situation is. In any case, you can look at this in a positive or negative light, personally I don't really mind.

And that first comment made me laugh as well... xD but it still isn't true, bc it's not guaranteed to work all the time or again and again, she was lucky this one time. Not like something with 100% certainty exists anyway, a move like that would be way too hax.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Finally done, that was tiring :arf

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The glory of free time?
I guess you aced your exams? :datass

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well let's say I did fine for what I could take, the math exam I moved to the next semester bc all of us were underprepared and the exam this time was rumoured to be especially hard... from what I heard that was true :XD

Otherwise I''m enjoying me free time, but work starts again next week :(

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well then enjoy your weekend, my friend. :hug

A moving exams to the next semester... Good old times...

Reactions: Nii