Last Person to Post Wins - Nuzleaf | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Last Person to Post Wins - Nuzleaf

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Huh so it's pulled an FMA then. I hate it when studios jump the gun on the author in order to keep earning money...
Practicalities though. None of the kids would be kids if the waited for GRRM (they are already old for their parts). TV-only fans would be super pissed if they had to wait. The core creative team have centered their lives over this for over a decade now, would makes sense they want to do something else in their lives too. They've been on an annual schedule for years now, would be a big investment to put it to stop and the then start up again after a long (several years) break. They are already taking some more production time to finish the series with glory. I'm pretty sure some of this time is taken to consult with GRRM and to let the shows own writers figure out the ending they wanna do.

It was kinda annoying to me at first too, but now I'm more of the mind, that the books and the show are two different entities, and I'm pretty certain that even if the show "spoils" some central points, it's not gonna ruin the reading experience of the books, and the the books are gonna go down a different over all route.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Are you certain that the course taken in the show will be the one in the future books?
Nah, that's what I meant. I know they know the general direction GRRM wants to take the story but they're also making a lot up. In both these cases I wish I would've got to read the entire "original" story in the books before the show.

I can mostly keep the same mentality as Ust, that they're two different entities/alternate versions of the same story, but if I could go back in time I'd still tell myself to wait until the books are done and then watch the show. It's easier to keep that mentality if you've already read/seen the "original" story in its complete form (recent example being American Gods).

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you certain that the course taken in the show will be the one in the future books?
IIRC, GRRM told the ending to the script writers so that's probably certain.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I hope he told them só they can follow a different path from it^^' I don't think any writer would want his piece end to be revealed beforehand somehow

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Aw man.. R.I.P. George A. Romero and Martin Landau. :/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Super ticked off by my neighbour watching GoT on super loud volume.. and I still can't watch in another few days. :gwah

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
What a jackass :nah

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
touché strong comeback i applaud the creativity

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Hah, I gotta wait until he finishes book 4+5 to go on. He found a version online that puts both books together in a chronological order T.T
Oh, Ball of Beasts. I wanted to try rereading them that way at some point.

IIRC, GRRM told the ending to the script writers so that's probably certain.
Yeah, but we have no idea what they'll keep and what they won't. Plus, GRRM could change his mind in regards to a few things. In fact, that's practically a given to me.

:pls

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I feel you Org. Haven't had the chance to watch got yet either and won't until later this week and Facebook is full of articles, did you see this or that, revealing easter eggs and stuff. Mainstream shows are a bit annoying sometimes in that concern

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
What a tiring day. I need healing.

Last edited: