Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 341 Discussion / 342 Predictions | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 341 Discussion / 342 Predictions

victim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kenya
how is androssi different from rachael, that i dont understand? i hate when people defend her and says she is not in the wrong and just say she is better person than rachel...both her and rachel have betrayed people, killed people for there own needs and yet people still defend her

as for baam i dont know why he still clinging to rachel as she said she didnt want pity it would been the right choice just to leave to the hidden floor and let her climb on her own cause that what she wants.

hopefully after this arc we will get to see baam true self and him having control over the sun

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
how is androssi different from rachael, that i dont understand? i hate when people defend her and says she is not in the wrong and just say she is better person than rachel...both her and rachel have betrayed people, killed people for there own needs and yet people still defend her

as for baam i dont know why he still clinging to rachel as she said she didnt want pity it would been the right choice just to leave to the hidden floor and let her climb on her own cause that what she wants.

hopefully after this arc we will get to see baam true self and him having control over the sun
When I say Androssi is not in the wrong, it's regarding Baam's attention to her. His idea to bring Rachel to the Hidden Floor for a test with the thorn as prize and ask her questions is just not good. He could ask her questions right now, she has no allies, there are even High Rankers. How could she escape? Plus Rachel failed the test, she helped but ultimately it was a failure. So, why give her another chance? She doesn't deserve this.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I would argue they are completely different and androsi is indeed a better person than rachel. It is absolutely true that androsi did awful, unspecified, things to become a princess. However androsi has changed a fair bit since then. She is legitimately friends with the gang from the floor of tests, is climbing with anak solely because she wants to help her, went nuts at the namehunt stations because the lo po bia family threatened anak and has been a reliable ally and friend to bam for a very long time. With rachel in turn we can make the case that she has been going in the opposite direction. With androsi we have seen her become a better person. Rachel started out as an awful bitch, whom I maintained was responsible for bam being in the cave to begin with, and since entering the tower has done her absolute best to become worst and claw her way up the tower through any means necessary. Including throwing bam of a cliff, lying, cheating, hurting others and even killing akaraptor. Androsi and rachel are definitely not the same.

OneEye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
When I say Androssi is not in the wrong, it's regarding Baam's attention to her. His idea to bring Rachel to the Hidden Floor for a test with the thorn as prize and ask her questions is just not good. He could ask her questions right now, she has no allies, there are even High Rankers. How could she escape? Plus Rachel failed the test, she helped but ultimately it was a failure. So, why give her another chance? She doesn't deserve this.
Well, the love and great attention Baam pays to Rachel, in the end, isn't that surprising: to people like Koon and Androssi, Rachel is just another regular, who knows one or two things about Baam; but to Baam, she's way more than that: back in the cave, she was basically his father, mother, brother, sister, teacher and friend. Whenever Baam can think of his childhood, guess who pops up: Rachel; and that's the point. It's not because they're now in the Tower that he'll just let her down; no, all the reverse. It'll be likeyou let your family and childhood friends down just because you've grown up and gotten stronger; no, no hero does that; instead, they think of a way to get their loved ones stronger; that's what Baam's trying to do with Rachel

it's true that Rachel has done many crazy things, but, considering the role she played in Baam's childhood, he'll always refuse, in the end, to see her as she truly is. People end up forgiving their mothers, sisters for their wrongs and think of a way to make things right; at least, Baam is that kind of idiot who applies such basic principles

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
As for the thing with rachel.... I guess it could be an observer but to me that would be a weird development. Rachel needs something more than an observer to move forward. I am thinking this is something that will at least build up towards giving rachel a power boost which she desperately needs. As for what it is, still no idea. Well, I do have a couple guesses:

1.- Related to the red bari. Maybe there is more than one red bari. The red bari was but a piece of the administrator, it wouldn't be insane if there were more around.

2.- FUG. To us it looked like fug has been ignoring rachel for a while but recently gustang called rachel a joker. Perhaps this is something that has been festering within rachel and it was given to her by fug.

3.- Another possibility is that gustang gave her this, whatever it may be. He had a perfect chance to do it when bam asked him to save rachel.

Well, the last two are more about the origin rather than the identity of that thing...

That said, that thing is extraordinarily dangerous. Towards the end of the fight against hell joe bam got a huge powerup, again, and was able to manipulate an amount of shinsoo beyond what he was capable of before. And still, that thing with rachel managed to sneak a wound on bam and bam did not even notice it. And to boot, it seems like the thing works on auto pilot and merely reacts to rachel's emotions... Khun has to watch out, that thing would go for the kill on an instant.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another bit I want to note about that thing is the red aura about it... The color red is very significant when it came to the red bari, the administrator's blood, the thorn, the painting... I think this would hint at the thing being... more than just a tool at least.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Looking back, gustang giving this to rachel makes a lot of sense. He wants something out of the hidden floor but he made the point that he wants to test bam. With that in mind, him giving rachel something this dangerous definitely puts bam on the spot. And it also works as a test on the other joker fug has....
--- Double Post Merged, ---
As for hwa ryun, I think she rejected going along with bam because of gustang's involvement in the request. Her desire is to kill him along with zahard, of course she won't play gustang's game. For ryun it was already bad enough that bam was chilling with yuri, meeting gustang must have been a tragedy for her no matter how good her poker face is. As for what she had to do... I would argue it has to do with her reporting to FUG that bam met with gustang. Heck, that both of the irregulars met gustang. I am thinking we might see some backslash from fug later on. Since the workshop they have been pretty chill regarding who bam hangs with but bam meeting with urek and gustang should not be a good scenario for fug.

Urek Manizo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I think the stingray works like Gaara's sands in Naruto, it can get controlled by it's owner and will protect it's owner when it's owner is in danger. And I think that thing is an ancient observer or something like that, not a part of Red Bari or Red Thryssa.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
As for the thing with rachel.... I guess it could be an observer but to me that would be a weird development. Rachel needs something more than an observer to move forward. I am thinking this is something that will at least build up towards giving rachel a power boost which she desperately needs. As for what it is, still no idea. Well, I do have a couple guesses:
Ancient Observers are powerful weapons though, they were not just used to scout. Purple Dementor was powerful and SIU said that Pedro was not able to use it properly, and he was a Ranker. Obviously since what she got is from Gustang, it must be very special. He is a scientist, Shinsoo master, Irregular etc.

Maybe it's an Ignition Weapon-Ancient Observer hybrid. It could be anything, I am really interested to know its abilities.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Of interest is in SUI latest blag post in which he says Gustang is a villain! I thought he was on Baams side but that may not necessarily be the case if Baam is our hero. That also means the stingray may be very dangerous for not only Baam's companions but Baam as well. I not sure when, but Baam will likely have to battle this observer at some point.

On another note, there are too many villains in the story to decide who is on what side now. Rachel, Gustang, White... Obviously they are not together. Then how do they fit with the princesses and fug?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ancient Observers are powerful weapons though, they were not just used to scout. Purple Dementor was powerful and SIU said that Pedro was not able to use it properly, and he was a Ranker. Obviously since what she got is from Gustang, it must be very special. He is a scientist, Shinsoo master, Irregular etc.

Maybe it's an Ignition Weapon-Ancient Observer hybrid. It could be anything, I am really interested to know its abilities.
That is true but that is not quite what I meant. I don't object to observers being powerful weapons, my objection is that an observer wouldn't do much to carry rachel as a proper enemy nor to develop her in the long run. Sure, her having a highly ranked observer would give her an edge over her peers but... this would be yet another situation where an incompetent fighter is wielding an obscenely powerful weapon. For this to pay out in the long term, IMO, then the endgame here would have to be something that allows her to overcome her inherent limitations because shinso control after all does depend on talent. Of course, that only works if the intention is for rachel to be built to be a legitimate rival and enemy to bam.

Urek Manizo

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Of interest is in SUI latest blag post in which he says Gustang is a villain! I thought he was on Baams side but that may not necessarily be the case if Baam is our hero. That also means the stingray may be very dangerous for not only Baam's companions but Baam as well. I not sure when, but Baam will likely have to battle this observer at some point.

On another note, there are too many villains in the story to decide who is on what side now. Rachel, Gustang, White... Obviously they are not together. Then how do they fit with the princesses and fug?
Where can I find this SIU blog?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Where can I find this SIU blog?
All of them can be found here.

And the most recent one is here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Rather than villains I prefer to call them antagonists. SIU saying that Gustang is a villain means that Baam's team will have to face him one day, it probably means that Gustang will stay loyal to Zahard.

I think White will team up with Rachel again on the HF. When he was going to leave with Karaka he thought about her. Gustang is using Baam for his goals and they will be enemies in the future.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rather than villains I prefer to call them antagonists. SIU saying that Gustang is a villain means that Baam's team will have to face him one day, it probably means that Gustang will stay loyal to Zahard.

I think White will team up with Rachel again on the HF. When he was going to leave with Karaka he thought about her. Gustang is using Baam for his goals and they will be enemies in the future.
If Gustang is so smart, why did he not kill Baam on the FOD? As Baam grows, he will become a challenge to Gustang and if their confrontation is "inevitable" then Gustang should remove the threat before it becomes a problem. Even Yuri recognized this strategy when she confronted Karaka the first time. Do you think it anything to do with Urek being there? I am sure Gustang can find another promising sucker to do his bidding on the hidden floor. He could even have bartered with Hoquin as Hoquin was at his mercy when again we should question why he did not kill Hoquin. This all leads me to believe that Gustang will not align with Zahard but actually intends/wants/plans to replace Zahard as king of the tower.

I cant see how Rachel could ever team up with White and Karaka. She thought she was using Hoquin and realized when karaka showed up that she had no control and should rightfully fear for herself. Karaka almost killing her "one" friend Yura will not help convince her that she should partner with them if not only for saving Yura. However, with her new found power, she may feel embolden and as she is a user, she may not even save Yura.

Scarton

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Rachel should meet with gog to pass for her revolution

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If Gustang is so smart, why did he not kill Baam on the FOD? As Baam grows, he will become a challenge to Gustang and if their confrontation is "inevitable" then Gustang should remove the threat before it becomes a problem. Even Yuri recognized this strategy when she confronted Karaka the first time. Do you think it anything to do with Urek being there? I am sure Gustang can find another promising sucker to do his bidding on the hidden floor. He could even have bartered with Hoquin as Hoquin was at his mercy when again we should question why he did not kill Hoquin. This all leads me to believe that Gustang will not align with Zahard but actually intends/wants/plans to replace Zahard as king of the tower.

I cant see how Rachel could ever team up with White and Karaka. She thought she was using Hoquin and realized when karaka showed up that she had no control and should rightfully fear for herself. Karaka almost killing her "one" friend Yura will not help convince her that she should partner with them if not only for saving Yura. However, with her new found power, she may feel embolden and as she is a user, she may not even save Yura.
It depends on his goals. He at least needed him alive for the HF test since there is something he wants there. Maybe Zahard's death would benefit him.

I think Rachel, Hoaqin and Yura will be together again because I am sure that Karaka won't stay with them since he is a Ranker. He can't go to the HF, still doesn't know about Wangnan and Gustang is around.

Rachel should meet with gog to pass for her revolution
This is what I was expecting TBH.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh yeah, rachel never did her revolution... I am not sure if she would truly benefit from something like that though. Look at what we saw with bam... He made it through it but he risked his life for it and it required his astounding shinsoo talent. Rachel does not have his talent... And is generally not willing or able to risk her life. I am not sure if the revolution would even get her any talent considering that you need talent to get past it to begin with.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am not sure she would have benefited from it either, but I would have liked to see her at least try.

I wonder if Hwa Ryun will return with be waiting with a 3rd fragment at their return.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not sure she would have benefited from it either, but I would have liked to see her at least try.

I wonder if Hwa Ryun will return with be waiting with a 3rd fragment at their return.
Fair enough. In context it would make perfect sense for rachel to go through her own revolution. Though it sounds self defeating... I mean, the revolution is supposed to help her find her "true self" in some way. And the series never shies away from pointing out how pathetic and evil she is. finding her true self won't necessarily help her in her case.Rather she would need something to overcome her true self rather than find it....

That seems random lol. Wouldn't that mean a thorn fragment was in the train to begin with?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Fair enough. In context it would make perfect sense for rachel to go through her own revolution. Though it sounds self defeating... I mean, the revolution is supposed to help her find her "true self" in some way. And the series never shies away from pointing out how pathetic and evil she is. finding her true self won't necessarily help her in her case.Rather she would need something to overcome her true self rather than find it....

That seems random lol. Wouldn't that mean a thorn fragment was in the train to begin with?
My bad, I forgot they are in the train. She can"t exchange the ladle for a fragment but maybe she can make preparations.

Mlu

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I feel like a lot of people have forgotten what Hwaryu said about Baam to Evan, about he taking the path nobody has ever traveled. This is displayed in Baam's choices, like giving Rachel a 2nd chance nobody would have decided that one could argue that he won the 1st contest they had in FOD but Baam being Baam did the one option nobody else could have imagined. He decide Rachel got cheated cause she was attacked for defending Khun more or less and so he instead decides to be "fair". Baam is traveling the path less chosen, rather yet the path that's never been chosen so he's expected to make decisions like this, his goal is to not do or be anyone other people expect or want him to be. And I think that's the essence of Baam's journey, he will change the tower by also changing the mindsets of the people he meets through his merciful/fair decisions, he purposely acts different to how people of the tower act and that's where the change starts. Baam is not an idiot nor as naïve as he first was, I think now he makes decisions like this because he doesn't want to lose himself also, he doesn't wanna start acting based on the feelings of entitlement so he wants to always be fair also he hates the idea that having power means being able to do whatever you wish no matter who you hurt. I believe that's what Hwaryu was also implying by saying Baam is walking a new path, because he makes the choices nobody else has or would.