Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 338 Discussion / 339 Predictions | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 338 Discussion / 339 Predictions

Siddharth

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
If Rak is inside the virtual floor, does it mean his body perished and that image is his data only? How did he enter the hidden floor?

I thought Yuri was one of the princess that new many secrets about the tower like Baam's story, but she is clueless about Arlene's story and even that Mazino knew her sister as much as she is about the thirteen months (which is particularly dangerous for her). I wonder if she will find out the truth about those sealed floors at some point, Repellista seems to know more than her in this aspect.

About Gustant, i'm not sure how much his words are trustable because everyone in ToG looks very reliable at first until they backstab the characters in a epic plot twist. V was detested by the leaders for his treason, probably, but he might have done something really bad for Gustang to say this.
I think his body might be in train in unconscoius state. V is not baam's father.It is shown that Garam Jahad says that she didnt tell BAAM the complete truth and he might end up hating her later after he learns the complete truth. That truth might be Jahad being Baam's father

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... anyone has any thoughts on the possibility that the girl with rak is the copy that blosom left behind? She even refers to rak as an amateur even though his skills are very high for a d class regular.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, the current developments IMO also hype up hockney more IMO. We are already moving into the next arc and it does not seem like he is any closer to completing his picture. More so, we have seen enough about soul manipulation to know that such a thing almost exclusively relies on spells which means his soul being placed on the picture was done via a spell. And probably one not even cast by hockney at that. I am thinking that hockney cast the spell specifically to enter the FOD a long time ago and then kinda forgot his identity.... And like white, he also lost his status and power via losing his soul. Well, not quite like white but you get what I mean.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So... anyone has any thoughts on the possibility that the girl with rak is the copy that blosom left behind? She even refers to rak as an amateur even though his skills are very high for a d class regular.
It could be Blossom or Arlene. As the hidden floor has data from the ten clan heads when they were younger, it would be great if SIU could introduce them (or at least a few of them). Gustang is a villain, but what about the other heads from the families?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It could be Blossom or Arlene. As the hidden floor has data from the ten clan heads when they were younger, it would be great if SIU could introduce them (or at least a few of them). Gustang is a villain, but what about the other heads from the families?
Information about arlene was said to have been erased by the empire though. Even people forgot it. It wouldn't be a stretch that her information was deleted from the hell train. More so, even the god of guardians at the hell train seems to have forgotten it was 13 warriors rather than 11.

My guess would be that the most bam could expect from them is being neutral. Though the situation is likely to be more complicated. Gustang IMO is going after his own interests but he probably isn't necessarily interested in bam specifically being defeated. For the time being gustang and bam's interests are in sync but that won't necessarily last long. And for the time being, our best guess being that eurasia might be warmer towards bam bam makes sense if he can defeat zahard.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came here to tell that I am disappointed in Bam! Shouldn't have saved Rachel. I don't mind Rachel being saved because she is a irregular and every single one of them does something crazy in the tower, but Bam should not have saved her. I can't believe that he forgot the pain of betrayal so easily. I know that Bam still doesn't like her and only saved her because of the promise earlier, where both of them compete for the throne under fair conditions. As the story progresses, their enmity is not that much of a deal as it seems. In this arc, Rachel hanged out with Bam and Koon's group! WTF! Bam did u forget the almighty push? Koon did u forget how she outplayed u and could out run even Dan (flash of that universe for a limited amount of time)? I thought they would be at each others throat at the first moment they meet, but nope.
I know there is more to it than it looks but I am simply annoyed. Now it feels like she pushed me instead of Bam!

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Came here to tell that I am disappointed in Bam! Shouldn't have saved Rachel. I don't mind Rachel being saved because she is a irregular and every single one of them does something crazy in the tower, but Bam should not have saved her. I can't believe that he forgot the pain of betrayal so easily. I know that Bam still doesn't like her and only saved her because of the promise earlier, where both of them compete for the throne under fair conditions. As the story progresses, their enmity is not that much of a deal as it seems. In this arc, Rachel hanged out with Bam and Koon's group! WTF! Bam did u forget the almighty push? Koon did u forget how she outplayed u and could out run even Dan (flash of that universe for a limited amount of time)? I thought they would be at each others throat at the first moment they meet, but nope.
I know there is more to it than it looks but I am simply annoyed. Now it feels like she pushed me instead of Bam!
Don't forget Baam did some terrible things as Viole but only because he was forced to. He killed people and didn't even know their stories. Granted we saw cases where Baam tried to do the right thing, but there were some cases we saw where he was kinda ruthless. We gloss over that because we know what happened to him.

I think Baam understands both sides of the tower and he knows he doesn't fully understand Rachel's reasoning; perhaps even he decided to let her live because of just that: there is some connection between her and his mom. Given Baam's desire for info about his mom from Gustang and that Baam knows Rachel has info about his mom, I am not surprised Baam let Rachel live.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Information about arlene was said to have been erased by the empire though. Even people forgot it. It wouldn't be a stretch that her information was deleted from the hell train. More so, even the god of guardians at the hell train seems to have forgotten it was 13 warriors rather than 11.

My guess would be that the most bam could expect from them is being neutral. Though the situation is likely to be more complicated. Gustang IMO is going after his own interests but he probably isn't necessarily interested in bam specifically being defeated. For the time being gustang and bam's interests are in sync but that won't necessarily last long. And for the time being, our best guess being that eurasia might be warmer towards bam bam makes sense if he can defeat zahard.
You're right. I had been hoping Arlene would be there but it is way too soon for them to meet from a story perspective. We haven't met Eurasia yet and actually it would be pretty perfect if she was their guide there to match with Gustang on the outside.

Something tells me even if Arlene had been erased, Zahard's data will know about her (why would he corrupt his own data) and he will suspect Baam is related to Arlene.

Kind of an odd idea though: does the data in that place stay static, meaning it doesn't change, or is it dynamic? Because as new Regular's data is added then it would all interact, which would mean it would have to change. Look at how Zahard is interacting with Rak's data. It feels like some kind of Time Paradox. What is the purpose of the data if a Ranker can't go and get it?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I had not noticed it at first but Zahard and Arlen have the same earrings.

A very special kind of jerk. Frankly, I don't doubt it. If someone like Gustang who is kind of a jerk himself says that he must have been very special, and I have no sympathy for him at all currently, he killed himself and just asked Arlen to return to Zahard and the others.
I'm just not sure what to think about V. Assuming that's who Gustav was talking about Garam's story framed him as kind of a pathetic figure but for Gustav to hate him. It makes it seems a little less cut and dried that Zahard is the villain behind everything.

If Rak is inside the virtual floor, does it mean his body perished and that image is his data only? How did he enter the hidden floor?

I thought Yuri was one of the princess that new many secrets about the tower like Baam's story, but she is clueless about Arlene's story and even that Mazino knew her sister as much as she is about the thirteen months (which is particularly dangerous for her). I wonder if she will find out the truth about those sealed floors at some point, Repellista seems to know more than her in this aspect.

About Gustant, i'm not sure how much his words are trustable because everyone in ToG looks very reliable at first until they backstab the characters in a epic plot twist. V was detested by the leaders for his treason, probably, but he might have done something really bad for Gustang to say this.
Seems to me like Yuri is going to get more and more rebellious as she learns more of the truth. She's a pretty simple and straight forward person. That will be fun to watch.

I get the feeling that Gustav is pretty close to rebellion himself. Helping Garam escape. Doing whatever he's doing on the floor of death. That's why I'm so surprised he hates V as much as he does. Because I figured V was kind of like him. But it sounds like Gustav would be profoundly insulted by that comparison.

I think his body might be in train in unconscoius state. V is not baam's father.It is shown that Garam Jahad says that she didnt tell BAAM the complete truth and he might end up hating her later after he learns the complete truth. That truth might be Jahad being Baam's father
I hadn't thought of that. If he was actually talking about Zahard instead of V that would make a lot of sense. With what happened to his daughter he should hate Zahard the most.

But I wonder why he didn't say Zahard. As clever as Gustav is he seems like he would know that Baam thought he was talking about V.
Yeah, it does feel like we got screwed out of being rid of Rachel.

But at the same time my hatred of her is at an all time low. The part with her defying destiny. That was cool. I still hate her. But that was cool. So seeing her die of a bee sting wouldn't have been something I could have applauded, I think.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Ahhh!!! How come SIU!? The thorn piece is sealed!?? You can't put such a rule with that, all the Grand Family is now like they have no authority over it's floor.
Don't like it!

Baam saves Rachel, Joe doesn't wants to leave the floor, Yuri is thinking... yep, unexpected yet predictable stuff is happening. The explanation of the hidden floor is very messy, you enter but can't leave with extra stuff into a digital world but with the master -physical- key you can... it is located inside a device to go through Inner Floors yet is considered Regulars Area, in other words it was mostly created by the Factory and the only family head associated with it can't enter... to a database for instance... our Leader appears inside, despite all his grandiour, this is nonsense!!

So, Rak is the very only one able to take things out of the Hidden Floor, because unlike everyone else, he hasn't completed the Hell Train course, and the very reason for him to be inside is... like what's Zahard guarding, clueless.

V is the worst!!! You see Rachel, there's always someone worst than yourself xD

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I immediately thought this when I first read that panel. The panel right after Baam asks about his father makes me think Gustav is reminded of a time he was humiliated by Baams father/Jahad. That panel struck me as being very odd. Also makes sense that Gustav wouldn't badmouth jahad since there are always eyes everywhere it seems. If he said anything against Jahad with Yuri there she might have to report it or Evan might report it. I'm sure Gustav doesn't want to rustle feathers at this point. He has been pretty low key with what he has been doing behind the scenes so I doubt he wants any of this reaching Jahad.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I suppose rak migh be dead or his body disintegrated d conciousness transfered to the virtual floor.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I suppose rak migh be dead or his body disintegrated d conciousness transfered to the virtual floor.
I had the same thought today. I wonder if he can leave with Baam. Or if Baam will have to choose between saving Rak or helping Gustang. Likely he would save Rak.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
He might be told that if he goes to the top he will be able to resurrect Rak by being able to make a body which can host the consciousness. that is a better reason to climb than all he has. He is not personally invested in zahard business so i don't really like him trying to get into this feud nor do i like him following rachel.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
This complexity is one of the reasons I love TOG. It tears me apart thinking Rak could be dead, even temporarily. I don't think I would enjoy the rest of the climb without him. Granted Baam probably would have to revive him before he becomes a Ranker otherwise he would have to get another Regular to get Rak out.

On the other hand, SIU isn't afraid to take risks. We didn't see the original team for a really long time at the start of part 2, but it was worth it. Still haven't we waited for Rak enough :scry

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
No way Rak is dead. He is a member of the core trio.

They said it's a virtual floor, not a floor for souls.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
No way Rak is dead. He is a member of the core trio.

They said it's a virtual floor, not a floor for souls.
Yes it is a virtual floor where data is kept, but that doesn't mean Rak is alive. It just means his data got uploaded somehow.

You're right about him being a part of the core trio, and it would change the Manwah a lot if he were dead. I guess you're right, from a story perspective it doesn't make sense for him to be dead.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have to agree with Demonspeed, there is no way SIU would off panel one of the original trio. And if SIU actually did kill Rak I would hate him forever.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that the idea of Zahard being Rachel's "dad" (or having some relation to her) gained more traction after this chapter. The upcoming mini-arc is a great way to introduce Zahard along with his companions. It's also a long shot, but we may also see Arlene and V too. One thing I want to know about Arlene is why she specialized in spells that banished evil spirits. Might give us a clue on what really twisted Zahard's personality during his ascension in the Tower, beyond his obsession with Arlene of course. Also, I'd like a hint as to what V's personality was really like. Gustang said he was the most detestable man he ever met. Why? More importantly, why didn't V acquire immortality like the others? It seems there's more to the backstory than we've been told thus far, and it's great seeing the story finally moving on to the main plot.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think that the idea of Zahard being Rachel's "dad" (or having some relation to her) gained more traction after this chapter. The upcoming mini-arc is a great way to introduce Zahard along with his companions. It's also a long shot, but we may also see Arlene and V too. One thing I want to know about Arlene is why she specialized in spells that banished evil spirits. Might give us a clue on what really twisted Zahard's personality during his ascension in the Tower, beyond his obsession with Arlene of course. Also, I'd like a hint as to what V's personality was really like. Gustang said he was the most detestable man he ever met. Why? More importantly, why didn't V acquire immortality like the others? It seems there's more to the backstory than we've been told thus far, and it's great seeing the story finally moving on to the main plot.
I just can't see that. Just look at princesses... They get a bit if his blood and get powered uo enough to be considered the tower's ultimate existences. Even the Bodies of the 10 families fall short of them. An actual child of zahard should be more than a princess. All members of the ten families are insanely talented compared to the plebeians around them. Rachel is a pathetic being with at best average talent who excels at showing how worthless she is at every turn. Rachel is basically everything that a daughter of zahard should not be.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
It could be she's like an ion engine. Takes forever to get going fast but in the end she'd beat out any combustion rocket.